Just You and Monika.

By lunaisnotaboy

You have been obsessing over this game since it's release. What disappointed you the most, is there was no wa... More

Just Monika
Communicating
Realization
Monika's Confession
Retail Therapy
She Will Protect You.
She Wishes To Be With You In Person
The Fortune Teller
First Encounter
The Limit
The Promise
The Other Way
Monika and Allen
Monika's Day In Your Reality
The First Night
She Wants Answers
The Happy Ending
OVA; Valentines Day

Can You Hear Her?

9.7K 320 292
By lunaisnotaboy

You were amazed on how Monika did such a thing, and trusted you about it. What if Allen jumped back on bed and opened the laptop again? Did she figure out Allen won't be if he didn't see her the first time? Did she know him to that extent? How?

"...But it won't be long before he finds out you're home." The text said as Monika looked concerned,

"Yeah, I know." You typed with narrowed eyes.

"You need to protect your phone, you heard him."

"I did." You typed, then had an idea. "...Wait, what if we just gave him my phone?"

"Pardon?" Monika looked shocked,

"No, don't get me wrong having him search my phone is considered an invasion of privacy, but what if we gave him nothing? As in seeing you was an illusion? He imagined it?"

"...Ah, I see where you're going with this. So until then, I will be in your laptop?" Monika had a smirk on her face, her eyes some-what narrowed. Her face was the same as when you first encountered her.

"Yeah." You typed back, "Having him think it was his imagination that made such a cute girl." You wanted to slam your face on the nearest wall when you entered that. Monika didn't look surprised nor bashful. Her smirk turned into a smile, her cheeks lightly tinted with pink.

"...Yeah, let's have him think that." The text showed. You couldn't tell whether or not she was going to mention that or say how 'cute' that was of you to say that.

"...How about we do it now?" You perked up and looked at Monika, "I will be back hopefully soon."

"Okay, good luck <3 " Monika bid her farewell and closed herself out of the screen. You hopped out of your bed and sneakily made your way to the bathroom. You decided to act as if this entire time you were at the bathroom. You knew it would work since Allen didn't go there so far. You went inside and took out your phone. This is it...prepare for a bad-mood Allen. You bid yourself good luck yourself but you felt Monika's good-luck charm did it for you. You felt determination, more than normal. Who knew Monika could do such a thing? After a couple of seconds, you flushed the toilet to grab his attention. You knew it wouldn't be long before Allen marched on in front of the door to wait for your appearance outside. You turned on the sink for some time, turned it off and opened the door. Not to your surprise, you saw your brother leaned against the wall and watched you.

"...Hi." You greeted. He didn't say anything. Not even a 'hello' in return, well, that didn't really surprise you. Allen never said hi unless he is in one of those days where he doesn't give a diddly doo dah on anything.

"Give me your phone." Allen demanded, his hand infront of you.

"...Why."

"Because I want it brat."

"...Is it because of earlier?"

"Oh no I wanted to see who texted you- of fucking course I do dipshit give me your phone."

"Dude, can't you leave me alone?"

"I dunno, can I? Give me your phone or else I'm going to personally take it from you. No security nor parents are here to stop me from taking it." Allen demanded it again. You glared at him as you put your phone on his hand. Allen opened it up and looked all over. He went through the phone, he even went on all the apps.

"..What are you doing?" You pretended you didn't know.

"Why do you care?"

"It's my phone, not yours." You answered, your hands on your hips. "If there is a problem then you should tell me so I fix it."

"Well, whatever it was it isn't here." Allen tossed back your phone. You caught it and glared,

"What was on my phone?" You pretended you didn't know yet again,

"Some weird thing was on your phone, looked hot though if you ask me." Allen shrugged, "Oh well, must be wanting a girlfriend. Screw it." Allen rolled his eyes and walked off.

"...she isn't a thing.." You mumbled, "...this 'thing' is a pretty girl."

-------

After Allen finally let you off the hook, you spent the rest of the time alone with Monika. Occasionally Allen would pop in to see what you were doing. When that happens you went opened a Youtube tab or had google search for help on your homework. Strangely enough it worked because now Allen doesn't pop in.

"He finds school work boring." You typed to Monika, "After a couple of times on seeing the same old thing he ignores it."

"Well that's a relief." The text showed as Monika had a smile on her face.

Now there were times where you were stuck in homework, and surprising enough, Monika was there to help. She would help you especially with Math. You found her methods a lot easier than your school's method. You groaned loudly when you realized what other homework you have to do.

"What other work do you need to finish?" The text asked,

"I have to read this stupid book and answer the questions." You typed back.

"What book is it?"

"Frankenstein." You typed back,

"Ooh! I love Frankenstein."

"Maybe you can tell me what happens in this particular chapter???" You typed with a smirk.

"...No, that way you can't see the scene Mary Shelley is providing. Here, I have an idea. You have headphones, right?"

"Yeah." You typed while reaching for your headphones that work on your laptop. "What do you want to do with them?"

"Plug them in the computer."

"You're going to play an audio." You typed with your eyes narrowed.

"Well, sort of. Just plug it in!" You saw how excited she looked. You raised an eyebrow and plugged it in just like she said. You placed the headphones in your ears

"..Okaayyy, let's see if it works." The text said, as you heard static. The screen shifted along with the noise. You got scared a little, what is she going to do? It wasn't long before you heard murmuring.

"...ca.....m e..?"

You blinked, confused. What is going on? Later on your skin turned pale and your blood boiled with excitement.

"...Y/n Can you hear me?" You heard a female ask through the headphones. You gave a small gasp and covered your mouth quickly, a huge smile formed. Is that...

"...Monika?" You whispered. You saw Monika's picture change, now she has a beaming smile, as if she felt successful.

"Yes!!! It's me! Wow, you can hear me..." Monika said with excitement.

"...O-Oh my God." Your voice trembled with excitement. "I-Is this real?"

"Aha, yup it is! Wow...not even I can believe it!" Monika's voice was also trembling. It ended up a laughing streak for about a couple of minutes after Monika's surprising action.

"A-Alright let's get down to business...there is actually a reason why I did this."

"Why so?"

"Well, I can tell you need some sort of audio for the book, right?"

"Y-Y-You're going to read it to me?!"

"Well why not?" Monika giggled, "It'll be fun!"

"Are you sure?!" You asked,

"Well I made a Literature Club for a reason you know!" You saw Monika winking from the screen. "Reading a good book won't kill me!"

"WHO ARE YOU TALKING TO?" You heard Allen scream,

"A Friend!" You lied, "We are going to be doing our English homework"

"Aw fuck." You heard Allen curse to himself. It wasn't long before he entered the room and slammed your door shut. Soon after he closed his door.

"..Well that wasn't surprising." You heard Monika say. You laughed,

"Well, what do you expect?"

"Haha, that's true. So, what year is this one? There are 2 different versions" Monika asked.

"The original; 1818 I think." You answered

"What chapter?" She asked. You took out your book and opened to the correct chapter

"Volume 3 Chapter 1."

"How long?"

"As long as you want." You answered,

"Aha, alright, warning I may go over the Volume."

"I don't care, the more we read the more I finish." You laughed.

"Well, alright, now then...let's start." You saw Monika take out a book from her desk. It had the same cover as yours, so you knew she picked the right one. You bit your lip to prevent a wider smile enough for a possible rip. Who knew Monika could actually talk to you? Who knows what else she can do...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

49 3 2
CHAPTER 1: * Tired from the endless cycle of deaths, and pain, MC believes it is all his fault that every one of his friends either dies or disappear...
33.8K 302 36
This story will sorta follow part of ddlc mostley with Sayori being your best friend, Natsuki's abusive dad, Monika being popular, Yuri and her self...
83.7K 3.2K 87
Natsuki and Yuri always fight, despite both always wishing it was different. One day changes it all when Natsuki decides to step up for her purple ha...
504 15 15
Discover the life of Lazy, a young adult in the middle of college, about to graduate. He's a simple man, spending most of his time with video games...