Sweet Like Cinnamon

By bedpeace

<<COMPLETE>> Spin-off to the 'And So' Nevaeh is Heaven backwards, but when people thing of Neva... More

Before We Begin
So Fragile
I Know What I'm Doing
What Do You Want?
I Hate Weddings
I'm Going To Regret This
Dating Games
Off Day
Vegas
Wedding Day
Dry Spell
Shook
Chainmail & Shoulders
Bwana
Runaway
Getting Under
Brand New
On Your Knees
Good Girl
Ndiyo Bwana
Man Hoes & Man Hoe Adjacent
Sorry
Take Me Home
Who?
Daddy Gallo
The One
Fiancรฉ
Deep Like
Who
Guess Who's Coming To Dinner
Just That
Sound Advice from a Stranger
Okay
Opening Up
Couple Therapy
Blood Diamonds
Epilogue

Opening Up

6.4K 359 47
By bedpeace

"You are not about to sit there and tell me you aren't getting domesticated."

"Huh?" I said looking at my phone waiting for my uber to signal they were outside.

"Bitch if you can huh, you can hear?" Paris laughed "My cousin not only go you going to my rude ass grandma's birthday in a couple days but now you are actively leaving getting drunk with your people to go take care of his sick ass."

Sia brought Paris close kissing her cheek "Don't listen to her she just mad the time she go sick you told her to stay away from you or you would force her to bathe in lysol."

Paris kissed her teeth seething "You damn right I'm mad. I'm your friend and I get sick and it's like 'fuck that bitch' but my big ass baby cousin texting saying he got a little as cold and you go running. I'm how you say big mad, but whateva go tend to him."

"Shit I agree with Paris, I've known you for years and not once in my life have you ever." Tyler perked up his lips before taking a sip of his drink. "If I knew all it took was dicking you down I would of lowered my standards." I flipped him off as the group chuckled.

"I don't need to explain myself to you guys."  was my weak response, honestly I had no idea why I was leaving to tend to this sick man. To be honest I hated being around sick people because I hated being sick and the idea of being sick but here I was about to go check on Anthony. I kissed everyone on the cheek letting them get their last clowning before I headed out of the lounge.

I turned to see my friends exchanging glances that I couldn't quite read from this distance, but I'm sure it would come up at some point.

***************

"Lay your ass down." I said pushing Anthony by his chest his temperature was reading 101 and he was sweating profusely.

"I'm fine you didn't have to come. I know you hate being around sick people." He coughed and I rolled my eyes.

"Shut up and let me take care of you."  In all honestly when Paris told me at the lounge Anthony had been battling a cold the past couple of days I got worried. I lied to my friends saying he texted me asking me to come over when in reality he never did.

He smiled weakly but laid back down allowing me to put the cold towel on his forehead.

"Did you eat today?" He shook his head and I sighed "Okay well don't get up I'm gonna make the dish my mom would make me whenever I was sick. Do you want me to turn the tv on?" He shook his head no, and I could help but smile he was like a big baby.  Getting up he grab my hand and I turned to look at him.

"Thank you Nevaeh." He smiled weakly at me giving off this air of innocence and I blushed a little bit before pulling away leaving his room as quickly as possible my heart beating like crazy. Sick Anthony was something else his hair that was usually perfectly styles was resting on his face, his eyes were a little puffing and his skin was slightly red from his fever and honestly I have never seen some look so good while being sick.

Bruh..." I groaned walking into Anthony's kitchen seeing it was a mess. Take out boxes were all over the place and it just looked nasty. "He lucky I got to wait for my groceries to get here."  I said putting my hair in a bun, so I can get to work.

*********************

    It had been awhile since I cooked for someone and I actually missed it. Growing up baking and cooking was one of the ways my mom and I bonded. When I was younger I always imagined cooking my favorite dishes for my own family but at the age 13 my doctor let me know that was never going to happen, but now I had nieces and nephews I could cook for and that was good enough for me.

"Sorry for the wait." I said taking a seat on the bed so I could help Anthony eat.

"Smells good what is it?" God his sick voice was hot as fuck. "Vae?"

"Huh? Oh it's Mafe it's really good a little spicy but you'll sweat out your fever. Here." I blew on it since it was still a little hot, before spooning it into his waiting mouth. I watched as his face went from apperciation to shock.

I mentally patted myself on the back "Yeah I know my cooking is top notch." He shook his head and I was about to curse him out for offending my dish, but that stopped when he reached for his ginger ale.

"Shit sorry I forgot anglos can't handle your spice." I chuckled slightly as he glared at me.

"I can handle spice just fine, I handle you." He smirked "This is something else this isn't a little spicy."  I expected him to push the second spoonful away but instead he opened his mouth allowing me to spoon in some more.

"It's probably the scotch bonnet in it sorry I grew up on the stuff so it doesn't even register as spicy anymore but eating this stuff always makes me feel better."

"It's really good. Now that my taste buds have adjusted, you know I can fe- actually nevermind I'll probably never get this moment again I'm going to enjoy it." He laughed but it caused him to cough so I didn't even respond that was his punishment enough.

After I finished feeding him I helped him in the shower and while he was in there I changed his bedding I'm sure with him being sick he cancelled the maid from coming over.

"I swear this man can't do anything for himself."

"I resent that." He mumbled coming out of the bathroom with nothing but his briefs on the towel hanging around his neck. I swallowed trying to keep my eyes from lowering to stare at the package that I had grown very fond of over the past couple months.

"Get over here so I can dry your hair no need for you to get even sicker, and please make sure that isn't the towel you washed your dick with."

Sitting between my legs he  lifted his head up so he was looking at "You really think I'm some sort animal who washes his face with the same towel he washes his sweaty balls with." I just looked at him with my judgey face letting that do the speaking for me.

"I'm just saying you did mention to me that you used to wash your body with your hands so.." I trailed off and continued to dry his hair as much as possible.

"I tell you that once while we finished drunk fucking and now you use it against me."

"Well hey should of kept that bit of info to yourself, I can't believe you lied to me about always doing it. I swear me coming in your life is the best thing that has ever happened to you." I joked as I started to braid his hair.

He was silent for a moment before I heard him mutter "You definitely are." I was shocked and didn't know what to say so I said nothing.

"Okay done." I clapped by his ear causing him to jump. "Now get back in bed mister."

"On one condition." I huffed I knew it taking care of him was too easy. "Tell me something no one else knows Vae not even Anastasia." We stared at each other and I felt completely unsettled by his request.

"Wow I was expecting you to ask me to suck your dick or something. Why you want to get so deep for?"

"I'm pushing my luck." He stood pulling me up with him. I was shocked by his request this moment as we stared at each the lust was very obviously still there but there was another energy I wasn't used to and it honestly it scared me. I was the first to look away taking the towel and putting it in his dirty clothes bind. I stood there for a moment trying to get my thoughts together.

'Vae?"

"Okay but get in bed you still have a fever and if you pass out I'll have no choice but leave your big muscled ass on the floor." I turned back to around to face him hoping I was giving off an air of indifference.

As he got comfortable in bed I got in on the other side yawning taking care of someone else was tiring.

"Um I know who my dad is even visited at his job once."I started. "My mom never told me who he was, whenever I would ask she would just say when I was older. When I was 15 I was really angry at the world even worse than I am now, I got pregnant by some dude whose face I don't even remember." I felt Anthony's arms tighten around me causing me to let out a breathe I didn't even know I was holding in. "I was super excited because I was told I couldn't have kids, but not even two days after finding out I was at the grocery store with my mom when I started bleeding profusely she rushed me to the doctor and she found out there. It was literally the only time my mom and I have gotten in a huge fight."

"I wanted you to be better than me! Were you going to hide it from me forever eh? You know you can't carry a baby to full term, and to try at such a young age is dumb."

"I never told her the reason I got pregnant was because some dude didn't understand consent. Anyways after that she did apologize but I was just so fucking angry. Some asshole raped me and the universe took my baby away from me, so I went lurking in my mom's room to steal some money so I could buy weed and booze. I ended up finding a picture of my dad and luckily his name was on the back so I looked him up and found out where he worked."

"Did you speak with him?"

I shook my head intertwining our fingers together "No but  I did see him, I look just like the bastard. He's a doctor go figure, got my mom knocked up leaving her to give up on her dreams so he could reach his own. Dr. Walter Adams what a piece of shit." I touched my eye wondering where the water was coming from, and quickly realized it was my tears.

I sniffled wiping my eyes aggressively cursing the universe for making me look weak.

"Turn around Vae." I shook my head aggressively, I couldn't believe I was crying front of this man. "Nevaeh please." Anthony said in the softest voice I have ever heard him speak in, so I listened and turned to face him; so happy I took my makeup when I first arrived at his place. He pulled me closer to him almost suffocating me but I felt so safe and secure in his arms.

"He doesn't deserve you never did and never will. He missed out on seeing you become this fiercely strong independent woman I'm staring at right now.  And for that asshole who- I swear the moment you remember who he is give me his name and I'll make is pay for what he did. You are the most beautiful woman I have ever met and you keep me on my toes, yeah you frustrate the hell out of me but I wouldn't pick anyone else but you. It has always and will always be you Nevaeh Marie Thomas no one will ever compare. Be my girlfriend?"

I slapped his back over and over again "You don't play fair." I snuggled into his chest.

"When it comes to you I never will."

"Fine but that doesn't mean I'll be nicer to you just because."

"Never expected you too." He chuckled.

I placed a small kiss on his forehead "Whatever take your sick ass to bed, and turn the other way I don't want you breathing on me with your sickness."

That night I fell asleep in Anthony's arms listening to beat of his heart.

********************

A/N: So how do you guys feel about seeing a different side of Nevaeh? Also I know I stated it a long time ago but would you guys like a character list of who I imagine when I think of these characters?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

51.1K 3.2K 32
Alpha Jeon jungkook, heir apparent to the Busna Pack has no desire to find his true mate and be forced to take over the pack from his alpha father. H...
1.3M 63.5K 57
Ruby Jean Baskerville is a twenty-two year old hot head that takes no bullshit from anyone. Especially those with a white face. She's mean, she's rud...
3.3M 137K 60
The story of Abeer Singh Rathore and Chandni Sharma continue.............. when Destiny bond two strangers in holy bond accidentally โฃ๏ธ Cover credit...
1.4M 23.7K 93
๐˜ด๐˜ต๐˜ณ๐˜ข๐˜บ๐˜ฌ๐˜ช๐˜ฅ๐˜ด ๐˜ณ๐˜ฆ๐˜ข๐˜ค๐˜ต ๐˜ต๐˜ฐ... ๐˜ช'๐˜ญ๐˜ญ ๐˜ฏ๐˜ฐ ๐˜ญ๐˜ฐ๐˜ฏ๐˜จ๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ ๐˜ฃ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ข๐˜ค๐˜ค๐˜ฆ๐˜ฑ๐˜ต๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜จ ๐˜ณ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฒ๐˜ถ๐˜ฆ๐˜ด๐˜ต๐˜ด