The Last Princess [EDITED]

By kakpie291203

DAILY UPDATES amazing cover by @ellebonnett Edited version of the #1 Fantasy 'The Last Princess' ************... More

Author's Note
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Epilogue
Author's Note
BONUS CHAPTER-AIDEN'S POV
Author's Note Part 2
The General's Wife

Chapter 26

5K 424 30
By kakpie291203

ALL of them, alive and unhurt and swords ready eyes glinting. A fresh wave of courage rocked over me and I stepped forward, the seven of us making a line.

The soldiers split, half rushing to the left and half rushing to the right, flanking us, their main body coming straight at me.

I closed my eyes, feeling the ground for the first time, solid and unmoving and steady.

I sent the ground rippling towards the soldiers in strong waves. I opened my eyes to yells and the soldiers falling, tripping over their own swords and shields.

Maple pressed near me, her sword held upright. I gave her a quick glance before turning to the others. They were enveloped in groups of soldiers — I could just make out faint hints of tan skin and dirty clothes amidst the flashes of silver and light.

And then, through a gap in the soldiers, I saw Arden and Aiden, back-to-back, Aiden's sword flashing and Arden pulling soldiers away with vines.

And then Aiden stumbled and — the leader of the soldiers charged in, his eyes narrowing. And then he swung his sword and cut Aiden's chest —

And then the glade exploded.

I was forced to my knees by the strength of the Forest, as the rocks and grass and soil flew upwards, knocking the soldiers down while leaving us unharmed.

I shut my eyes tightly and waited for the pressing on my lungs to go down, waited until I could breathe.

Then the bits of rock rained down on me slowly and I opened my eyes, pushing myself to my feet.

Soldier bodies laid around us, covered in nasty bruises, the ground ripped and deep under them.

I glanced around, and the others turned to me, their eyes wide and shocked.

"Elvina," Maple breathed, taking a step towards me. My ears rang and I looked around. I had done this.

Aiden glanced around at the other boys, his eyes narrowing. "Why are you half-naked?"

I chuckled slightly but then I looked at them, bleeding from a hundred different places, covered in dirt and grass. I felt the tiredness seeping into my bones, and then the humming of the Forest returned, and most of all the voice of the Forest Spirit —

See.

They were lying down, facing each other, on their bed. Both looked a few years older. They were silent, just looking at each other, until Rowan spoke.

"Ive, do you want to try for...another child?"

Her eyes narrowed in confusion. "Another? We already have three, Row. And they're growing. Olive's almost two already, and Laur's six. You want another?"

She spoke with no judgement, only slight bemusement. Rowan fidgeted, playing with a piece of her long hair. "Ive, we're both only children. I don't want our kids to have that. I want to have a big family, plenty of kids."

She was silent for a while, until she finally said, "Row, three children are already enough. We have three beautiful, perfect little girls. We're already a big family."

He bit his lip. "Ivy, I want to. But...only if you're all right with it."

She was silent for a long time. Then she sighed. "Alright, Row."

He smiled gently and pressed his lips to hers. When he broke away, she was smiling gently at him too. "I love you, King Rowan."

"And I you, Queen Ivy."

Then the scene faded to black. Was that it?

Wait. Watch.

Colors spread across the darkness, showing me another scene.

"Sir Branch, I must speak to you." Ivy said to Sir Branch, standing in a hallway. She looked many years older, tired and pale — and had an expression on her face no one would associate with Ivy.

Fear.

Branch bowed. "At your service, Your Highness."

She pursed her lips. "In private."

Branch nodded. "Come, my Queen." She followed him down hallways, turning right and left, until they reached a deserted passage, lit by a single torch.

He faced her. "Your Highness." His tone betrayed a bit of uneasiness, like he wasn't used to having personal meetings with his Queen. She looked to both sides, apparently making sure no one was there.

"Sir Branch. I've had seven children. They're all girls, as you know."

He nodded, and his face darkened a shade. "Yes, Your Highness."

"And you know of my relations with the King." She continued.

He took in a breath. "Yes, Ivy."

Her name. Not her title.

"Branch. I've known you since we were children." He nodded.

"And you've always supported me, through everything. Even after my marriage with the King, you've been here. You've been my best friend." Branch's lips curved up almost imperceptibly.

"And you've been my best friend, Ivy. You got me this position here, and you didn't push me away even after learning of my...feelings. For you."

She nodded, sadness softening her eyes. "Yes. I never loved you as you loved me. Since we were children, I took it to be friendship. And then I fell in love with him, and you were still there, always with me."

He didn't say anything, waiting for her to continue.

She sighed. "But Branch, in light of recent events..."

His eyes darkened still more to anger, like he knew what events she was talking about.

"My feelings for you...have changed, Branch." She said the last part desperately, half-afraid and half-joyfully.

Branch's face melted to confusion. "What are you saying, Ivy?"

She bit her lower lip and looked to both sides again "I'm saying, Branch —"

He waited, pursing his lips.

"Branch, I...I love you." She said it like it surprised even her.

Branch's mouth drifted open in astonishment. For a moment all was silent except for the sound of their twin breaths.

"What did you say?"

"I love you, Branch. I love you!" She said happily and passionately.

Branch's face still registered complete bewilderment, but a moment later, it was like a bright light had shone on him. His face literally glowed.

"You're speaking the truth, Ivy?" He said, like he couldn't even dare to believe it.

She nodded, looking years younger now. "The complete truth, Branch. Do you love me?"

He nodded, still looking like he'd been blessed with the greatest thing in the Forest. Love from the elf he wished for.

"Ivy, I never stopped loving you. Never. You've always been the only one in my heart."

At the same moment, they wrapped their arms around each other, embracing blissfully.

And the scene faded to black, leaving me with that one image under my eyelids — the two lovers finally together.

Really short chapter, I'm sorry! But it's an important one! Don't forget to:

Vote!

Comment!

And share!

Thanks for reading!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.2M 298K 94
amazing cover by @ellebonnett #1 Fantasy 1/20/2018 *warning* completely unedited, so proceed with caution EDITED version on my profile **************...
1K 228 37
Two kings. One woman. Two children. Countless hearts broken. A lost princess stuck in between. Losing the one person she called father to the King of...
2.8K 382 56
~The Elves lost their Magic. The Princess is a Dragon. The Halfling is a Shifter. And Witches rule the Realm.~ Liss' clan lives in a world of seclusi...
172K 16.2K 185
They say love conquers all. His shattered the fabric of reality and began a world-altering change that would eventually shift the concept of life and...