The Silver Dragon

By JrocksUSA

Y/n Wick was the last faunus of his kind, a dragon faunus. Forced into hiding after his family was murdered... More

Bio
Echo/ Semblance Abilities
Prologue
Chapter 1: Meeting the Rose
Chapter 2: Reunited
Chapter 3: The Emerald Forest
Chapter 4: The Badge and the Burden
Chapter 5: The Alpha Male of Beacon Part 1
Chapter 7: The Past Always Comes Back
Chapter 8: New People, New Problems
Chapter 9 : So, Whose Next?
Chapter 10: A Interesting Day
Chapter 11: The Change Up

Chapter 6: The Alpha Male of Beacon Part 2

9K 114 156
By JrocksUSA

Nora:How come Jaune gets home so late?

Ren: He's become rather scarce since he started fraternizing with Cardin.

Nora: That's weird... Doesn't he know we have a field trip tomorrow? We need our rest!

Pyrrha: (angrily) I'm sure our leader knows exactly what he's doing.

Nora and Ren exchange glances, not knowing that Jaune himself is looking in through the crack of the door.

Nora: Mmmm... I guess so.

Jaune hangs his head and closes the door, just as a voice interrupts his thoughts.

Ruby: Hey, Jaune! Long time, no see! Did you lock yourself out again?

Jaune: Oh, uh, nope! Got it!

Ruby: So! Where have you been lately?

Jaune: I, uh... I messed up. I did something I shouldn't have, and now Cardin has me on a leash, and Pyrrha won't even talk to me, and... I'm starting to think coming to this school was a bad idea.I'm a failure.

Ruby: Nope!

Jaune:  Nope?

Ruby: Nope! You're a leader now, Jaune. You're not allowed to be a failure.

Jaune: But... what if I'm a failure at being a leader?

Ruby: Nope!

Jaune: You know, you're not the easiest person to talk to about this kind of stuff.

Ruby: Nope! Jaune, maybe you were a failure when you were a kid...

Jaune groans and sinks lower to the ground.

Ruby: ... and you might've even been a failure the first day we met!

He groans and goes lower still.

Ruby: But, you can't be one now. You know why?

Jaune: Uhhh, because...?

Ruby: Because it's not just about you anymore. You've got a team now, Jaune. We both do! And if we fail, then we'll just be bringing them down with us.

Ruby gets up and places her hands on her hips as she speaks.

Ruby: We have to put our teammates first, and ourselves second. Your team deserves a great leader, Jaune. And I think that can be you.

Ruby walks over to her door and opens it as Jaune, now slightly inspired by her words, watches her wave.

Ruby: Have a good night, Jaune!

With new energy, Jaune pushes himself off the ground and faces the door, ready to turn the knob and face his team, but his Scroll beeps and he pulls it off of his side to open it, seeing Cardin's contact relaying a message.

Cardin (on-Scroll): Hey! It's your buddy Cardin! I know you're probably busy with that Dust project I gave you, buuuut I'm gonna need you to go out and get me a bag of Rapier Wasps. And make sure they've got some really big stingers! It's important, so don't screw this up!

Jaune closes his Scroll just when it begins to beep again. Sighing, he wearily heads down the hallway and away from his room. Around the corner, a certain dragon just overheard the conversation.

Y/n: So Cardin making Jaune do everything for him. He's gonna pay.

Timeskip

Glynda: Yes, students, the forest of Forever Fall is indeed beautiful. But we are not here to sight-see. Professor Peach has asked all of you to collect samples from the trees deep inside this forest, and I'm here to make sure none of you die while doing so.

The group stops, and Jaune, grunting and carrying a large case with six empty glass jars on top, tries to catch up with them and ends up bumping into Cardin. The bully scowls at Jaune, who attempts to feign innocence by whistling tunelessly.

Glynda: Each of you is to gather one jar's worth of red sap. However, this forest is full of the creatures of Grimm, so be sure to stay by your teammates. We will rendezvous back here at 4 o'clock. Have fun!

While Yang Xiao Long and her sister smile at one another, Jaune attempts to (lnoisily sneak away from Cardin to his team, but the blackmailer sees this and grabs Jaune by the back.

Cardin: Come on, buddy - let's go!

Jaune miserably looks up at his team, where Nora and Ren are already walking into the forest's depths and Pyrrha is staring sadly at the scene. Dropping his gaze, Jaune turns and follows CRDL, to the disappointment of a sighing Pyrrha before she continues on.

Team CRDL is making themselves as comfortable as possible by leaning on stones, trees, and the ground while Jaune returns to the group with six full jars, setting them down just as he collapses face-down. The surrounding team gets up in response.

Cardin: Hey, great work, Jauney boy! Now that wasn't too hard, was it?

Jaune: I think I'm allergic to this stuff...

Cardin: Greeeeat, great, great. So, Jaune, I bet you're asking yourself, Why did my buddy Cardin ask me to collect six jars of tree sap when there's only five of us?

Jaune: That is one of the many questions I have asked myself today, yes.

Cardin: Well, come with me, and you'll find out.

Jaune moans and gulps in worry.

Now perched on a hilltop overlooking the other students, team CRDL - plus Jaune, squeezed between Cardin and Russel Thrush- peak their heads over the crest and watch as everyone is retrieving their samples of sap. Ren, kneeling to collect it from a tree, passes a full jar to Nora, who "Mmmm!"s at the gift as Ren trades it for the other jar in her care. He turns back to the tree and starts filling it up while several licking sounds are heard off-screen until the camera pans back to Nora, now with an embarrassed smile covered in red and an empty jar in her hands.

Jaune: Cardin, wh-what's going on?"

Cardin:  Payback.

Jaune: Y/n...?Wh-what are you-?

Cardin: That's him. Black-haired know-it-all, thinks he's so smart. Alright, boys...Last night, old Jaune here managed to round up an entire box of Rapier Wasps, and now, we're gonna put him to work.

Russel grabs Jaune by the shoulder, who barely laughs in nervousness.

Cardin: Now, according to one of the essays you wrote for me last week, these nasty things loooove sweets. I'm thinking it's time we teach him a thing or two.

The members of CRDL get up. Cardin offers his hand to Jaune, only to painfully yank him up on his feet and shove the jar into his grasp.

Cardin: And you're gonna do it.

Jaune: Do what?

Cardin: Hit him with the sap! Either that, or I'll have a chat with Goodwitch, and you'll be on the first airship out of Beacon.

Jaune looks down at the jar of sap in his hands and then up at the four grinning teammates waiting to see what happens. Jaune turns towards the group and aims his throw at an oblivious and smiling Y/n, trying to steel his nerves and shaking hand to do the deed, but ultimately steels himself for what he's about to do.

Jaune: No.

Cardin: What did you say?

Jaune: I said... NO!

He turns and throws the jar at Cardin, instantly recoiling his hands to himself as he looks at Cardin's breastplate covered in sap. The other team leader, however, just looks at himself and laughs darkly.

Cardin: Oh, you've done it now...

Y/n: (in thoughts) So he's finally standing up for himself. That's nice Jaune. But it's 1 on 4. He's going to need some help.

You sneak around everyone and make you way up the small hill.

Cardin: You know that wasn't very smart, Jauney boy. I'm gonna make sure they send you back to mommy in teeny tiny pieces.

Jaune: I don't care what you do to me but you are not messing with my team.

Cardin: What? You think talk like that makes you tough? You think you're a big strong man now?"

Jaune smiles in defiance. An enraged Cardin roars and raises his fist again, but just as the hit connects, a bright light shines from Jaune, and when the white fades from the screen, Cardin is crying out in pain as he holds his hand. Jaune, now back on the ground but completely healed, looks confusedly at his hands as they faintly glow white. While he stares, though, Sky Lark kicks Jaune in the back and gets him on his stomach, but he looks up and glares at the approaching Cardin.

Cardin: Let's see how much of a man you really are.

Y/n: You really think that's fair, you failure of a team.

Just as he says this, a low growl is heard, and a surprised Team CRDL turns around and sees a large paw crash onto the scene, belonging to a 3 huge Ursa Major with dozens of jagged spikes sticking out from their wide back. It leaps forward and stands over the terrified students, lifting its head in the air to smell the sap on Cardin's breastplate. It lands back on its forelegs and roars at Cardin while his teammates heroically flee.

Russel: Those are big Ursas.

Cardin is rooted to the spot when the Grimm swings its claws and knocks him sideways, revealing Jaune cowering behind him. The Ursa continues to sniff, uninterested in Jaune and following its nose to Cardin. He watches at it towers over Cardin, who gets his wits and pulls out his mace weapon only for the monster to swipe it away to Jaune's feet. He looks conflicted, wondering whether to fight or run away. 

Y/n: Nothing ever comes easy does it.

Meanwhile, the roar of the giant Ursa is heard by the members of Teams RWBY and JNPR, still collecting sap on the other side of the forest.

Ruby: Did you guys hear that?

Suddenly, the remaining members of Team CRDL are seen running the other way from the roar through the other students.

Russel: Ursa! Ursa!

Yang: "What?!" (completely unfazed by his collision, she picks him up by the front of his shirt) "Where?"

Russel: Back there! It's got Cardin!

Pyrrha: Jaune!

Blake: Wait. Where's Y/n?

Ruby: Yang! You and Blake, go get Professor Goodwitch!

Pyrrha: You two, go with them! There could be more!

Cardin is attempting to run from the following Ursa, but it leaps over its prey and claws him away. He tries to get up and crawl away.

Cardin: Crap! Crap, crap!

Y/n: I can't do this alone you know Jaune.

Pyrrha: (she, Ruby, and Weiss come on to the scene) Oh, no!

They watch as the Ursa leans over the helpless victim, raising its paw and swiping it down... only to be blocked by Jaune's shield, Crocea Mors. He struggles to defend a stunned Cardin from its attempts to lean on him, but Weiss lifts Myrtenaster as she prepares to go help.

Pyrrha: (to Weiss) Wait!

Jaune takes the shield out from the Ursa's paw and slashes at its stomach, causing it to lash out and try to crush him. He rolls out of the way and jumps over its swipe at his feet, but he is unprepared for when it launches a claw at him in midair. He lands far away, yet is immediately back on his feet and passing Cardin as he charges again. The Ursa knocks Jaune behind it when he tries for a leaping attack, and he looks at the Scroll in his shield to find out that his Aura level is in the red. He grows angry again and starts to run at the Ursa as it also begins to dash towards him. Meanwhile, you jump onto one Ursa's back and slice it's head clean off with your scythe.

As they are just about to clash in slow-motion, Pyrrha sees that Jaune has left himself completely open to the Ursa's attack, and lifts her hand out to him, gathering dark red energy in her arm. Just as the Ursa is about to hit him, the glow surrounds Jaune's shield and makes it lift up to block the swipe. Jaune uses the surprise defensive move to lean on the ground, push his shield back up, and swing his blade right through the Ursa's neck. The head falls to the ground as the body slams onto the ground. You look over and notice that Jaune has killed one of the Ursas. Suddenly the other Ursa swings it paw but you roll under it.

Y/n: You know what, I'm sick of playing. Off you go.

The Ursa starts to charge at you as you switch to your sword. You cut open a portal to a bandit camp. The Ursa goes into the portal and you close it.

Y/n: That's her problem now.

Meanwhile in the tree line.

Ruby: Uhhh... What?

Weiss: How did you...?

Pyrrha: Well, Ruby has her speed, you have your glyphs. My Semblance is polarity.

Ruby: Whoa, you can control poles...

Weiss: No, you dunce! It means she has control over magnetism!

Ruby: Magnets are cool, too...

Weiss: Wait, where are you going?

Ruby: Yeah! We gotta tell them what happened!

Pyrrha: We could... Or perhaps we could keep it our little secret? (walks away again as Ruby and Weiss smile to each other in understanding and a bruised Jaune sheathes his weapon before going over to Cardin)

Cardin, still covered in sap, looks up at Jaune as his savior offers a hand. Cardin smiles as he takes it and is lifted back up on his feet.

Cardin: Holy crap, Jaune!

Jaune: (threateningly) Don't ever mess with my team - my friends- ever again. Got it?

Cardin looks intimidated, possibly even apologetic. With his order spoken, Jaune turns and walks away from a frozen Cardin.

Y/n: See you in class Winchester. If today's an indication, well it's going to a cake walk. Come on Jaune and Cardin. You can learn something from him.

Later that night, on top of the dorm building, a uniformed Jaune stands on the edge and looks into the distance at the green lights of Beacon.

Pyrrha: No Cardin tonight? I thought you two were best buds?"

Jaune: Pyrrha... I'm sorry. I was a jerk! You were only trying to be nice, and... I had all this stupid macho stuff in my head-

Pyrrha: Jaune! It's okay! Your team really misses their leader, you know. You should come down! Ren made pancakes! No syrup, though - you can thank Nora for that!

Jaune:  Wait! I know I don't deserve it after all that happened, but... would you still be willing to help me... to help me become a better fighter?

Pyrrha turns around so a worried Jaune won't see her satisfied smile. She goes up to Jaune and suddenly pushes her leader to the ground.

Jaune: Hey!

Pyrrha: Your stance is all wrong. You need to be wider and lower to the ground. Let's try that again.

Jaune: (in thoughts) Maybe I should ask Y/n for some tips on how to be more badass.

The Next Day, Goodwitch's Class

The time has finally come.

Glynda: Cardin Winchester vs Y/n Wick.

Y/n: You sure you want to do this Cardin. There's still time to back out.

Cardin: I'm not losing to you.

Y/n: Hard way it is then.

Glynda: Begin.

Cardin rushes and swings his mace down on you. You shatter into glass and appear on the other side of the arena.

Y/n: What's wrong Cardin?

Cardin keeps charging at you but you keep rolling out of the way.

Cardin: (tired) Why won't you stay still?

Y/n: And what, make it easy for you?

Cardin runs again towards you but you backflip kick him in the face. He stumbles back a bit.

Y/n: You know what, I'm done toying with you.

You pull out your pistol and shoot multiple rounds into his chest. He rushes towards you but you move to the side and pistol whip him before throwing your pistol into your other hand grabbing your LMG in your other. You press both buttons changing them into scythes and charge toward Cardin.

Ruby: Wow.

You jump and spin slashing across his chest. You use Grimm Reaper to pull Cardin forward and bring your knee to his nose. You shoot several shots from both guns while in scythe form in the chest knocking him back.

You transform them back into gun mode and return them to their hostlers.

You use your assassins blade and shoot a grappling hook into Cardin. Your eyes starts to blue fire as you prepare Ruby,Weiss and Yang's semblances into one punch. The fire goes to your right arm.

Y/n: Goodnight Cardin.

You pull Cardin towards you and throw a right hook with a force that cracked the floor. It sends him into the wall, a bruised mess. You whip your arm depleting the fire and close your eyes turning back to normal. You the walk out of the arena leaving everyone speechless.

Glynda: (thoughts) That's impossible. A male having those powers. I must inform Ozpin of this.

Ruby: He's not kidding around. He really is the Alpha Male of Beacon.

Yang: Good luck, to anyone who tries and steal away that title from him.

Weiss: Just how much power does he have and what is his semblance.

Timeskip

Glynda: Ozpin, there's something you need to know.

Ozpin: You mean this video I'm watching right now.

Glynda: How does he have the Spring Maiden's powers?

Ozpin: One of two ways. A: He's found away to take a maidens powers or B: His semblance.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

733 23 6
Tatsu Crystal, the last Faunus of his kind, with a dark past that still haunts him.
72.9K 1K 14
Y/n Yanagi was a 16 year old huntsman in training at Beacon Academy. In the beginning he showed so much promise. But everything changed when he revea...
57.2K 892 14
Y/n was a war veteran thought to have died, he grew up an orphan. Thought to be dead all files of his existence were removed, all his permanent recor...
495K 6.6K 87
For most of his life, (Y/N) was experimented on by scientist simply because of what he was- a dragon faunus, a creature considered to be a myth. Afte...