Camera Ready | B. Barnes ¹

By -mxrlin

"She might not talk, but she can tell one hell of a story" Dia doesn't talk by choice, only a few people kno... More

Camera Ready
01 → Up&Up
02 → Welcome to New York
03 → Don't Cry
04 → Don't Panic
05 → Yakety Yak
06 → I Feel So Bad
07 → Sleepyhead
08 → Feelings
09 → Kites
10 → Don't You Worry 'Bout a Thing
11 → Sunday Morning
12 → Polaroid
13 → Breathe
14 → Poker Face
15 → Fun It
16 → Strawberry Swing
17 → Everything's Not Lost
18 → God Knows I Tried
19 → Our Lawyer Made Us Change the Name of This Song so We Wouldn't Get Sued
20 → Club Tropicana
21 → Clair De Lune
22 → Le Freak
23 → O "Fly On"
24 → Ob-La-Di
25 → Ob-La-Da
26 → Feel It Still
27 → Mr. Blue Sky
28 → Woke Up This Morning
29 → Viva Las Vegas
30 → Build Me Up Buttercup
31 → She's A Rainbow
32 → 20.1338° S, 67.4891° W
33 → Fix You
34 → Stay Frosty Royal Milk Tea
35 → Shingalin
36 → I Hope I Get It
38 → The Goonies 'R' Good Enough
39 → Déjenme Llorar
40 → Un Beso
41 → Fluorescent Adolescent
42 → Girls/Girls/Boys
43 → Kokomo
44 → I Don't Feel Like Dancin'
45 → When We're High
46 → Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood
47 → Filthy/Gorgeous
48 → I Turn My Camera On
49 → El Muchacho de los Ojos Tristes
50 → Eres Tú
51 → 42
52 → Fernando
Bonus → La Llorona
Bonus → Happy Birthday Bucky and Josh
SEQUEL ANNOUNCEMENT

37 → Anenome

13.1K 612 255
By -mxrlin

The sun shone brightly in the clear blue sky. Birds chirped as they flew across the sky and landed on the trees. The tree leaves rustling in the wind, the scent of flowers carried by the light breeze and the soothing sounds of a small waterfall filled the ears of those outside.

The sun rays hit the exposed skin of those who are sleeping outside in the open. Pablo Castillo almost got it right. The group that left the previous night to party didn't wake up in someone's pool, they woke up in a pond. Four giant inflatable animals floating along on the pond with four sleeping bodies on said animals.

They're still in their onesies, unzipped and half off, their clubbing clothes under the onesies, their hair in disarray, paint on their skin and multiple colored bracelets around their wrists, hand stamps decorated the back of their hands. Wanda is on a flamingo, Rhys on a swan, Dia on a unicorn and Pietro is on a red balloon animal. Danny is nowhere to be seen.

The pond the young adults had spent the night in, is the pond in the back of the School for the Gifted. So a handful of teachers stood by the pond and stared at the sleeping drunks, wondering when they got there and how they ended up in the pond without anyone hearing or seeing them.

"Can I poke them awake with a stick?" Bobby held a long stick in his hand.

"No" Ororo quickly shut him down.

"Yes" Scott said at the same time with a smile on his face.

"Bobby, you were with them the whole night" Jean turned to the young man "why didn't you at least take them inside?"

"I was with them for half the night and by the time they got here I was fast asleep" Bobby informed. He glanced down at the stick in his hand and then at the water in the pond "what if I ice them?"

"You throw one snowball at me Robert Louis Drake" Rhys groggily began to say "and I'll melt you" he groaned as he tried to get up, but the quick movement on the water and the bright sunlight caused his pounding head to sound and pound harder.

"How did you guys end up in the pond?" Scott questioned.

"I-" Rhys took a hazy look around and shrugged. He spotted Pietro laying upside down on the balloon animal float, his head dangling on the side dangerously close to the water "I don't even remember coming here" he dragged his hand over his face and groaned "I think I might still be drunk"

"That's it come out of the pond" Jean walked closer to the edge "and push the others. You all need fluids and gallons of coffee. We'll make a smoothie for Dia or something"

"I still want to ice someone" Bobby spoke.

"No!" Rhys, Jean and Ororo yelled.

"Yes!" Scott smiled.

·𖥸·

Tony Stark doesn't go to the School for the Gifted that often. He goes about once a month, maybe two. But since Dia moved in with the avengers, he's found himself going more often, not that it bothers him. He received a call, telling him to pick up his drunks so that's what he's doing. Tony stood at the door and reached up to ring the doorbell and a couple seconds later the doors to the school were pulled open. Tony flashed a smile at the person who greeted him.

"Hi Stormy! I've come to pick up my drunks"

Ororo's eyes darted from the man standing in front of her, to behind him "and you had to bring the whole group?"

"What group?" He turned around and saw the large group of avengers and friends standing across the street. They smiled and waved when they saw Ororo and Tony staring at them. Tony quickly turned back to the woman "I had no idea they were following me" he turned back around to question the group "what are you guys doing here?"

Clint pushed himself through the crowd and marched up the stone pathway "I don't know about them but I came to check on my kids"

"Your kids?" Ororo questioned.

"Pietro and Wanda. Papa Clint is here to yell at them for getting drunk" Clint came to a stop next to Tony.

"Drunk Pietro is the least of your worries" Ororo muttered. Clint furrowed his eyebrows at the comment "you guys know this isn't a museum, right?" she told the group that got closer to the main entrance of the school "it's a school"

"Consider us guest speakers" Natasha smiled.

"It's Saturday" Ororo pointed out "and what are you going to speak about? 101 ways to throw a knife? The art of murder?"

"It's more like 102 ways" Bucky spoke up.

"And there is an art to murder" Natasha nodded.

Ororo narrowed her eyes at the pair and pointed a finger at them "you two don't speak to the children" the group laughed at the pair and the door was pulled further back so the large group may enter.

The only time the group has been there was when they spied on Bucky and Dia on their date, but that was nighttime and they didn't venture from their spot in one of the many living rooms and the small kitchen Rhys showed them. Now it's day time and everyone is awake. Natural light entered through the large doors and windows, the chandelier hanging from the ceiling. Right as they walk in, they saw the large stairs with dividing staircases to the left and right. There's a table to the right in the shape of an X, chairs and lamps around the table. Professor Xavier's office is just behind the table, the door closed. Kids are playing outside, others are inside either walking around or in their rooms.

"It's so much different during the day" Sam commented as he took a look around the entrance, he can only imagine how the rest of the place looks like.

"Welcome to the School for the Gifted" Ororo greeted the group. There were brief introductions, for the majority of them don't know her or anyone there "so did all of you had to come to pick up your drunks?"

"Not really, but we have nothing else to do" Natasha answered with a shrug.

"Besides, it's a year late but we would like to congratulate Logan and Dia on their Vegas wedding" Clint smirked.

"Oh my god, how did you find out?" Ororo gasped.

"We met Wade" Tony answered.

"Of course you did" she rolled her eyes and shook her head "I'm actually surprised you haven't met him sooner"

"I'm glad I haven't met him sooner" Tony answered "so, where are the drunks?"

"In the history classroom" she replied "they're still a little drunk which kinda explains why they've been watching random videos without watching them to the end"

"What kind of random videos?" Vision asked.

"Well it started with a Hindenburg documentary. Five minutes of that and they switched to a documentary on the Great Depression, to which according to Rhys got him really depressed so they changed to Anastasia" Ororo recounted.

"I like the little bat!" Scott exclaimed.

"Yeah" she nodded "so ten minutes of that movie they began to sing Rasputin. Then they switched again to a James Dean movie, another ten minutes and last I saw them they were watching the opera in German, which Kurt is enjoying but not them because of their headaches"

"Wow...that's...I don't know what to say" Tony shook his head.

Ororo began to lead them to the classroom where the drunks are hiding in. The group looked around as they walked down the hall, the paintings on the walls, some doors are open and they peaked inside to see desks, whiteboard, a projector hanging from the ceiling. They piled into the room and the sight was one to behold.

Right by the window with a view to the garden, Wanda is sitting at a desk. She's hooked up to an IV, she's still in the onesie from the previous night, her hair is a mess, bright paint on her face and exposed areas of her body. The look on her face says she wants to sleep and throw up at the same time, her eyes glued to the projection on the board.

Pietro is sitting in a desk in the row next to his sister, but he's two desks behind her. His hair is also a mess, he has an IV in his arm, his clothes are a mess, paint on his skin, but instead of feeling like death like his sister, he's wolfing down a bag of chips, his movements erratic and bags of chips on the floor. Rhys isn't even sitting on a desk. The poor man gave up and is lying on the ground, tapping his fingers on the metal pole holding up the IV bag that's meant for him. The hood of his cat onesie is pulled over his head and just covering his closed eyes. Dia is closer to the door of the classroom. She's sitting in a desk with her head on the table, her hair sprawled over covering her face. The bottom half of the grinch onesie is on her body, the top half is hanging around her hips, and from what they can see, she's wearing a blue velvet dress underneath the onesie. Kurt Wagner is sitting in the desk on Dia's right, his attention captured by the opera projected on the board. Those who just saw Kurt for the first time, stared at him for a couple seconds. They're just starting to learn more about mutants and they know they have a lot g way to go. 

"Why are they all hooked up to IV's?" Tony asked in a panic.

"Jean checked on them after we brought them in and hooked them up to IV's to get some fluids in them" Ororo explained.

"I can't believe they're that drunk" Clint shook his head.

"Wait! Brought them in? Didn't they spend the night here?" Thor asked.

"Kinda" Ororo answered "they spent the night outside in the pond. We found them floating on some inflatable animals. Pietro has a mild sunburn"

Eyes landed on the man who threw away the empty bag of chips and reached down for another bag. As soon as it ripped open, he began to gobble up the chips.

"Pietro, it's eleven in the morning! Who eats chips this early?" Clint weaved his way through the desks to reach the young man.

"I'm hungry!" Pietro exclaimed.

"He has the munchies" Bobby commented from the door "he got high last night. You should've seen him. He's just coming down"

Clint gasped and began to scold Pietro for getting high. Natasha asked Bobby how he knows what happened and he showed her his wrist with colored bracelets around it, along with the stamps on his hand.

"Those are how many? Four? Five? Bracelets? And three hand stamps? You guys went to eight clubs last night?" Tony loudly asked the group. They groaned in response.

"Actually I was only with them for half the night" Bobby informed "so who knows what they did for the other half"

"Someone gave me gummy bears" Pietro spoke up.

"Wait, Pietro" Clint reached out to grab Pietro's left arm. He eyed the bracelets around his wrist and reached out to move some. He gasped when he saw one of the bracelets "you were in the hospital?"

That got everyone's attention and they nearly ran to him. Rhys who's lying on the ground, chuckled but didn't move from his place "it was like The Hangover" he grinned "last night was wild"

"What exactly did you guys do?" Bruce went to sit in a desk.

"And where's that other guy that left with you last night?" Steve asked.

"We lost Danny somewhere in the night. I don't remember when or where. Some parts are blank" Rhys explained, still not moving from the floor.

"I don't remember anything after eating the gummy bears" Pietro informed.

"Did we...did we go to a rave?" Wanda asked no one in particular, eyes still on the screen.

"Where do you think Pietro got the edibles from?" Bobby questioned "why do you think all of you have body paint? Then some girl thought Rhys was a furry so she tried to get it on with him. She ended up making out with Pietro in a corner of the warehouse"

Jaws dropped and Pietro pouted "I don't remember!" He cried.

"It's for the best" Bobby sympathetically said.

"Didn't you record the rave?" Kurt took his eyes off the projection and turned to Bobby.

"Shut it, Kurt. What am I going to blackmail them with later?" Bobby muttered.

"What's a furry?" Bucky curiously questioned.

"You oblivious fool" Bobby sighed "no wonder Dia likes you" Bucky smiled small, blushed lightly and looked down at his shoes.

"Is she alright?" Shuri walked closer to Dia who hasn't moved or said anything since they entered the room. Bucky looked up and saw Dia still resting on the desk.

"She's fine" Kurt assured "she has cramps"

At that moment Wade jumped in the room and made his presence quite clear "GOOOOOOOD MORNING VIETNAAAAAAM!" The drunks groaned while Pietro kept on eating.

"Wade, keep your voice down" Ororo told the man.

"Wait, so I'm the loud one? What about that screeching opera?" Wade pointed at the opera still playing.

"You're right, time for a change" Rhys, who's still on the ground, raised his hand and was about to flick it in the air to change the video, but before he could do so, something formed around his hand. It's one of Tony's Iron Man gauntlets. It's just the outline of the gauntlet, and the outline is a light blue. The repulsor was heard and Rhys immediately sat up and shook his hand trying to get it to stop "oh fuck!"

"Watch your language!" Kurt warned.

"I say watch where you aim that thing!" Wade locked his gaze on Rhys' shaking hand.

"It acts up once in a while" Rhys explained "I admit I had one or two gummy bears so that must be why. Also, I'm starting to get hungry" the gauntlet disappeared from his hand and he looked up at the group from where he sat on the floor. The avengers kept their wide eyes of surprise on him and wondered what just happened.

"I'm starting to think Dia isn't alright. She hasn't moved at all" Shuri uneasily eyed Dia.

"Let me ice her real quick" Bobby smirked. At that, Dia turned her head still resting on her arms, her hair is in her face and she glared at the man with a smirk on his face. Bobby's smirk turned to a frown when he saw Dia move.

"You better not have done drugs too, young lady!" Wade wagged a finger at her. Dia blew her hair out of her face and the face paint was in clear display. Something caught the light on her face and Wade stretched his hand out and swiped his thumb over Dia's left cheek.

"What's this? Glitter?" He gasped "you guys went to a strip club!"

"I vaguely remember a place called Pickles" Wanda turned in the desk "I also have glitter on me" she looked down at her hands and saw specks of silver glitter.

"But you're banned from Pickles, Dia!" Wade reminded "so am I!"

"Strip club?! Pickles!?" The group exclaimed.

"They serve good pickles" Wade shrugged.

"The more they talk about their adventures of last night, the more I can see how it resembles The Hangover" T'Challa nodded.

"I have so many questions" Thor said.

"We all do" Clint nodded.

"The questions can be answered after they take a shower and have eaten a proper breakfast our nice Piotr is cooking" Wade told the group.

"I want a pickle" Scott abruptly said.

"I remember taking one in a little bag!" Pietro jumped to his feet and searched the pockets of his onesie. When he took them out he opened his hand and packets of condoms fell out.

"At least he had the necessary precautions while drunk" Wade shrugged.

Pietro reached into the other pocket and pulled out a tampon. "What happened last night?"

"I recorded some of it. I'll show it to you later" Bobby said.

"The faster you guys get cleaned up the faster we'll get answers" Tony hurried them up.

Dia stood up and had one hand on the metal pole holding the IV bag, and with her other hand, she's holding a hot water bottle to her stomach. She was about to make her way out the door, but she quickly turned around and made her way to Pietro. Once she reached him, she took the tampon from his grasp and made her way to the door.

"My uterus found out I didn't conceive a child this month" Dia mumbled as she walked out the room.

"I think that's a conversation you should be having with Logan!" Wade followed Dia out the room and walked beside her down the hall.

As they reached the main staircase at the entrance, heavy footsteps were heard coming down the stairs. Dia and Wade looked up and saw Logan angrily making his way down the stairs and muttering to himself.

"Does no one else hear that pounding on the wall?" He reached across the hall and pressed a button on the wall. The others had just begun to come out of the history classroom and stopped at stared at the angry man. A wall panel slid open to reveal an elevator and in the elevator is Isaura on the floor.

"Hey, you got the door open!" She happily exclaimed.

"Isaura?" Wade and Dia asked in surprise. She's the last person they expected to find hidden in the walls of the school.

"What were you doing in there?" Logan asked the woman.

"I was trying to get out!" She stood up "I've been in there since last night. But to be fair I was drunk and–"

"You still might be drunk?" Wade finished.

Isaura blinked in surprise "yeah" she nodded.

"Apparently everyone is still drunk. And Pietro has the munchies" he informed.

"Isaura joined us last night? How come I don't remember?" Rhys walked down the hall, also holding onto the IV hanger.

"Do we have to wait a year to find out if anyone got married?" Wade joked. Dia wasn't sure if she wanted to cry or laugh, so a strangled noise emitted from her mouth just as she felt a cramp.

"What's wrong with you?" Logan turned to Dia who's pressing the hot water bottle on her stomach, a look of pain on her face.

"Your wife is in agony, Logan" Wade stepped up "you didn't fertilize her eggs!"

"Who knew those would be Wade Wilson's last words?" Rhys sighed.

·𖥸·

"So by the time we're at the tenth? club I think, Dia had to use the bathroom but the line for the woman's bathroom was too long so she decided to go to the men's bathroom. Well apparently there's a bouncer at the bathrooms to make sure people don't get it on in there, and the guy wouldn't let Dia in and she got in his face and told him that she has a bigger dick than he does. We got kicked out" Bobby told the group standing around in the kitchen.

Once all five drunks were showered and sobering up, they went to the kitchen to have breakfast and were promptly joined by the avengers who wanted to know what happened last night. Bobby told them the highlights of the night and showed them a couple of videos, much to the drunks embarrassment.

They all laughed at the latest story Bobby told them and Bruce muttered under his breath "who would've guessed that"

"I'm starting to regret not going with you guys" Tony admitted "I would've loved to see all that happen"

"If last night had a song, it would be Don't threaten me with a good time, by Panic! at the Disco" Rhys sighed "like I said, it was wild"

"Who was the mystery girl I made out with last night?" Pietro questioned as he played with his food.

"I bet that furry loving girl is asking herself the same thing" Bobby agreed with Pietro, trying to make him feel better about not knowing who he made out with the previous night, even though he's sure the girl has no recollection of most of the night.

"I bet she isn't" Wanda smirked.

"Just because you have your toaster oven" Pietro was about to begin a fight with his sister but before he could go any further, Jean entered the kitchen and her eyes immediately landed on Rhys.

"Rhys, there's a girl out here for you" she told the young man.

"What?" Rhys slightly tilted his head to the side.

"Oooh, Rhys!" Clint smiled widely.

"Lady friend? At a school? Tsk. Tsk. Tsk" Sam shook his head in disapproval.

"Tell the girl I'm not here" Rhys told Jean.

Jean frowned slightly "that's not very nice. She traveled a long way to see you. She's at the entrance waiting for you" with that, Jean left the kitchen and Rhys stared at her retrieving figure.

The young man stayed still for ten seconds, wondering who it could be outside waiting for him. He's never had any lady friends over so he can't see how one of them has made her way to the school where he lives. Finally, after thinking it over, Rhys stood up and walked out the kitchen, ignoring the following footsteps behind him.

When he reached the entrance, he saw a young girl standing in the center of the room. She's staring at the chandelier and then her eyes darted at the stairs and then to the paintings hanging over them. Rhys eyed the girl but couldn't put a name to her face, even though she seems familiar.

"Can I help you?" Rhys softly asked the girl. She froze at his voice and slowly turned to see Rhys. Her look of nerves and uneasiness, slowly turned to a smile.

"Rhys" she happily breathed out.

"Yes?" Rhys took a step closer to her. The group stood at a distance from the pair but we're close enough to see and hear.

"You don't recognize me?" The girl's smile began to fade.

"You seem slightly familiar" he answered truthfully.

"Well I suppose I've changed a lot, since the last time I saw you I was ten" the girl joked. It all clicked it his mind and his face turned to shock.

"Rhosyn?" Rhys gasped and the girl nodded. "Oh my god" he breathed out and reached out to touch her face. She giggled and tears formed in her eyes.

"I missed you" she whispered.

From the hallway where she stood, Dia gasped when she heard the girl say her name. She can't believe it's her. She hasn't seen her in seven years, and neither has Rhys.

"Who is she?" Bucky asked Dia.

"Rhys' sister" Dia answered. Her eyes trailed down to the suitcases by the door and she felt her heart drop.

Just like her brother, Rhosyn Amma Huxton was also disowned by her family for being a mutant.

•••

I don't even know what I'm doing with this story anymore.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

70.6K 2.2K 37
The Universe has it's own way of ensuring that soulmates end up together, written words appear on your skin every morning of the first, or last, sent...
9.7K 414 23
Y/N Stark was living a not so normal life. Sure, she did enjoy living with Avengers but most of the time it's just boring. Ever since she got her pow...
2.1K 41 12
You're Tony Starks daughter that he didn't know about. You get into a fight and are sent to live with him, you know very little about him, and he kno...
1.1M 27.2K 73
What, never heard of her? Typical. She has more kills than the Winter Solider. She was taken when she was 4 for her powers. When she escaped she dec...