Roly Poly

By Qu33nJazz

Zinovia Akili had never been one for dating or anything involving romantic intimacy. Being a church girl play... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Zinovia Akili
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Vlasto King
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
A/N
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
A/N
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Hi Everyone

Chapter Eleven

21.1K 709 94
By Qu33nJazz

(Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love)- Ephesians 4:2

Hi everyone! Thank you for reading my story. It's my dream to be an influencer and would mean the absolute world to me if you guys would follow me on TikTok @ _jazzedup_ ❤️ enjoy the story!

"Do you, Vlasto King, take Zinovia Akili to be your lawfully wedded wife. To hold and to love, for better or for worse, for richer or for poorer, through sickness and through health, until death do you part?" The pastor asks Vlasto. He smiles at me and nod.

"I do." He confirms.

"Do you, Zinovia Akili, take Vlasto King to be your lawfully wedded Husband. To hold and to love, for better or for worse, for richer or for poorer, through sickness and through health, until death do you part?" He asks me.

I look to the piano and see no one playing, I look behind me and see no bridesmaids or a maid of honor, I look around the church to see it empty.

I open my mouth and close it several times. Vlasto just stares with confusion written all over his face.

"I- I can't do this." I finally say calmly, walking out of the church. I go to the room I prepared in and look in the mirror.

I look at myself in the mirror and sigh in disappointment.

At least the dress is beautiful.

But that is not the point. The point is, I'm getting married and no one is here.

There is no one here.

Vlasto rushes to my side in worry. "What's wrong, angel?" He asks me pulling me into a tight hug. I gently push him away.

"Nothing." I dismiss him.

He gives me a look, "Angel, you know I don't like to be lied to." He reminds me.

We sit in silence for a couple minutes, him waiting for me to tell him what's bothering me.

I sigh, "I can't do this Vlasto. I cannot marry you." I say.

He takes in a sharp breath, "Zinovia, we've already discussed this. You need to understand-" I cut him off.

"No. You need to understand that I cannot do this. I don't even know you." I tell him.

"Yes you do, I-" I cut him off.

"No. I mean I don't know you. We haven't been on one date. I know absolutely nothing about you. I don't know your beliefs, your likes, your dislikes, what you do for fun, what your goals are, who your family is, I don't even know where you work." I explain.

He says nothing, "And it's not only that. Look around." He does so, confusion clear on his face.

"I don't see anything." He says.

"Exactly. I'm getting married and there's nothing here. Nobody is here. I had to do my own hair. I had to do my own nails. I had to zip myself into this dress. I have no bridesmaids, no maid of honor, no flower girl. My best friend isn't here, my father isn't here, my brother isn't here. Nobody is here.

"Marriage is sacred to me. Very sacred. I never thought that I'd get married, but if I did I thought it'd be amazing. My father would walk me down the aisle, I would get butterflies in my stomach when I see my groom. My entire body would be overwhelmed with all the love I held for him." I dreamily rant, not knowing when or how to stop.

I come back to reality as I remember the truth. I sigh in defeat and look down.

"I don't love you, Vlasto," I admit.

I see pain shoot through his entire face. He doesn't even try to hide it. It almost makes me take back what I said and hold him, but I don't cave.

"I have feelings for you. Deep feelings, but I cannot get married until I'm in love with you. I want to love you Vlasto, I really do. But I don't yet. I'm sorry" I tell him, a tear falling down my left eye.

He walks up to me and wipes my tear, "Don't apologize, angel. I understand. You can't rush love. And I won't force you to. We won't get married until you're ready." He concludes.

I look up to him in shock, "Are- Are you serious?" I ask him in doubt.

He cups my cheek, "I'm serious, angel. I'm so sorry that I tried to force you into something very sacred to you. I didn't even ask how you felt about marriage. I understand if you never forgive me." He drops his hand from my cheek. He sighs and lowers his head in guilt.

I lift his chin gently, looking him in his eyes, "I forgive you."

***

I sit in my bed thinking about everything that happened today. After a few hours, I decide that I should probably eat something.

I walk downstairs to see Vlasto talking to someone on the couch.

A female.

Something nasty stirs inside of me; Jealousy

Any negative feelings inside me seconds ago completely vanishes as I hear the female talk, "How long can this heiffer be in her room. I promise you, she's always sleeping." Janice complains.

I squeal loudly and run to Janice.

They both cover their ears, but Janice quickly puts her arms down to catch me as I jump on her. I wrap my legs around her waist and she stumbles back, almost losing her footing.

"Noviaki, you know you way to thick to be jumping on people." She groans and sets me on the floor.

I grab her face and go to kiss her cheek, she turns her head and kisses me in the mouth. I groan.

"Janice!" I exclaim.

"Ha! You owe me $300." She says.

I remember the bet we made and pull out my wallet giving her $300.

Vlasto looks at us in shock and confusion, "What just happened?" He asked.

"Nothing!" Janice and I yell in unison.

We laugh together.

I look at Janice, "What are you doing here?" I ask her.

"Well, Vapor Rub, I mean Vlasto invited me. He said you could use a friend. Why didn't you tell me you were engaged?" She smiles, a small glint of worry in her face. Only I could tell though because I know her so well.

"It just kind of happened, you know. We were going to get married but I felt it was too early. We're taking things slow now." I explain to her, looking up at Vlasto. He smiles and I smile back.

"Oh, I know. Vlasto told me everything." She says. I knew she didn't believe anything that left Vlasto lips and was going to hammer me with questions. I would do anything to avoid that.

Janice's interrogation is the scariest thing in the world.

"How about you show me your room, Novi?" She suggests. My face drops, worry spreading all over my body.

"Oh, my room is nothing special. We should just stay here." I say, sitting down on the couch avoiding her dangerous eyes.

"Nonsense, I wanna see where you've been staying and avoiding me for the past month." She laughs jokingly. Well, jokingly to Vlasto, though I knew it was anything but.

"Yeah, angel. Show her around. I'll start dinner." Vlasto says with a kind smile.

I shakingly smile back, trying to telepathically tell him that I'm in danger.

He doesn't get the message and walks to the kitchen. I get up and lead Janice to my room.

Once we're in my room she slams the door and slowly but scarily turns her head towards me. "Zinovia Fimi Akili. Who do you think you are? You leave for a month and have me worried sick. I can't file a police report because you're grown and your family would fly down here even though they have neither the time or money for that. Then I'm told by Jason, that you are engaged to a big intimidating man at church. The same big and intimidating man you said was stalking you. Only to be told that you had your wedding, and were this close to getting married." She fusses and I flinch each time she makes a new point.

By the time she's done, she's seething and I feel nothing but guilt and sadness.

She sees this and her face softens, she walks over to me and hugs me, "I'm sorry, Noviaki, I don't mean to fuss but you have to understand this from my point of. How would you feel if I was kidnapped and you didn't hear from me for a month?" She explains. I only nod.

"Despite this, I can't be mad at you. I can tell you really like this man, as weird as it is. But love is love." She smirks at me.

I blush and look down.

Love is love.

***

HEYYYYY! OMG Jasmine Here. It's been literally 28 years.

I just got back from New York and good God, It is amazing! If you guys can, GO! Seriously. You will enjoy every second of it. I have absolutely no complaints, besides my exhaustion.

But anyways, forgetting about me for a second, Hey guys!

I missed you guys so much. I just want to say THANK YOU. I hit 3k reads and a little over 100 votes. I appreciate it so much. honestly. I never thought my story would be growing as fast as it is.

I've been having a little trouble trying to make the story realistic. If any of you have any advice feel free to tell me.

Don't forget to vote and comment.

Peace, Happiness, and Love- Jazz

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

779K 26.7K 31
Growing up people always compared Nyomi to her twin sister, navy. She was skinny, outgoing, and everything Nyomi wasn't while Nyomi was big, shy, sh...
226K 11.1K 34
Alicia is a beautiful curvy young woman. Yet she doesn't think too highly of herself, even though she should. Alicia and her father have had the clos...
749K 50.5K 97
She was the undesired outcast, who stood out, yet simultaneously blended effortlessly into the background. I could see the panic in her glassy brown...
14M 369K 22
WARNING!!! MATURE content inside for 18 years old and above! If you're an INNOCENT or NOT AN OPEN-MINDED reader, please refrain from reading this sto...