L LAWLIET X READER // ONE SHO...

By -LAWLIPOP-

Various romantic x reader oneshots about you and the worlds greatest detective. NSFW warning for some chapter... More

Introduction
Jealous!L x Reader
L x Criminal! Reader *slight mature*
L x Criminal!Reader (part 2) // Mature
Marry me // Random One Shot
Sick!L x Reader
L x Reader // Headcanon questions
L x Reader // Headcanon questions 2
L x Pregnant!Reader
Runaways // part 1
Runaways // part 2
Undercover Mission
Undercover Mission pt. 2
L x Reader // ANGST
L x Reader // Engagement
Caught // Mature
Nightmare // random one shot
Dreams // Mature
High School! L x Reader
L x Abused! Reader
Broken Promises
random L x Reader headcanons
L x Reader Headcanons pt 2
L x Pregnant! Reader
L x Pregnant! Reader ((pt. 2))
Your first argument
Magazine // *slight mature*
Scared! L x Reader
Abused! L x Reader
L x Sick! Reader
His Birthday *mature*
The Corpse Husband // Part 1
L x Reader ((random one shot))
Bullied! L x Reader
Wedding day
L x Pregnant! Reader (pt. 1)
L x Pregnant! Reader (pt. 2)
L x Upset! Reader *mature*
Blizzard
Sleep - ((random one shot))
long Distance // Mature
Jealous! L x Reader
L x Reader // Random one shot
Drunk! L x Reader
Switched Bodies
NSFW Headcannons
Kittens // Random one shot
Lovesick
Stuck Babysitting
High School! L x Reader
Your Birthday // Mature
soulmate AU
Harry Potter AU
Adopting together
L x Psychologist!Reader
L x Psychologist! Reader // part 2
Cameras // MATURE
Argument
Cabin // Mature
Bring your child to work // Random one shot
All nighter // Random one shot
Personal Bodyguard // Part 1
Personal Bodyguard // Part 2
WhaT IF // lowkey crack one shot idea
Sick! L x Reader
L x Reader Headcanons // some NSFW
Staying over // MATURE
First meet / First date
Not just normal brownies // Random One Shot
Elevator // MATURE
L x Vampire! Reader // PART 1
L x Vampire! Reader // PART 2
new book announcment!
**REQUEST MASTER POST**

The Corpse Husband // Part 2

3.5K 105 61
By -LAWLIPOP-

A little shocked from L walking off like that, you get up and look around without spotting him. Not wanting to get lost and admittedly a bit panicked, you look around before slowly navigating your way back to where you originally woke up.

"Wheres Ryuzaki?"

Light asks as you walk in, and you shrug while you put down the candies he had left you with.

"I told him I dont feel the same way he does...He didn't take it too well."

You answer, and Light walks over while he shrugs.

"Well no matter what he feels, you still don't belong here, and he has to accept that whether he likes it or not. I can't believe he actually brought you here, my God."

He says, and looks over.

"Look, since he was the one to bring you, he has to get you out too. He usually goes down to this old music hall that's always deserted if he storms off like that, so I'd assume that's where he is."

He says, and you nod.

"O-okay. Where is it exactly?"

You ask, and he gives quick instructions on how to get there before you grab the candies and head out. It took a little while, but finally you find the place described, and walk in. It was silent. Eerily silent, which made you especially scared since there were walking corpses everywhere in this place. Taking a deep breath, you walk deeper into the building, and eventually heard music. Piano, to be exact. It was a sad and almost haunting song that was being played, and you feel a lump in your throat as you slowly step towards where it was coming from.

Turning the corner and slipping through a heavy oak door that was cracked open, you could see L at a grand piano across the room, alone as his hands moved across the keys slowly. Immediately feeling your heart sink at the fact that you caused this, you listen for a moment as you stand there silently. It was a beautiful song, but so sorrowful. One that projected perfectly the way he probably felt, and the ache of his heart. His love for you was unrequited, the relationship between you didn't come to be when it was possible or when he was still alive. He also felt guilty for pulling you down here when all you wanted to do was leave. It made you feel awful, but he probably felt so too.

Slowly stepping over, he stops when you reach next to him, not looking over.

"I...I didn't know you played piano."

You smile softly, trying to lighten the mood slightly as you break the silence.

"Yea."

He answers bluntly, obviously hurt.

"You play beautifully. How come you never did back when you were....Upstairs?"

You ask, and he shrugs again before sighing.

"You mean before I died? I never had the time I guess."

He says, and you sit next to him on the small piano bench, before looking up and taking a deep breath.

"I wish I had known. Here, I can play a little too."

You say, and move over a bit before you tap the keys in an incredibly simple tune you knew, seeing a small smile appear on L's lips.

"I'm sorry about what I said."

You say, and he sighs before he keeps playing slowly.

"It's alright."

He says, obviously not keen on talking about it.

"L...I didn't mean that I never felt the same. I just.."

"It can't work, I know."

He sighs, and you do so as well before looking up.

"So...Let's just talk then. Theres a lot to catch up on."

You say, and he looks back to you before he silently accepts the offer, nodding. You could tell that he was still absolutely heartbroken, but had started to hide it as L normally did with emotion. In all honesty, it made you feel even worse. If he loved you enough to show it and tell you as clearly as he did...It must have been awful to have it not returned.

"So...What's happened since I've been gone?"

He finally asks after a moment of silence, and you shift before answering. That whole ordeal of the Kira case sure was a depressing one, that's for sure.

"Well, the task force disbanded after Kira was officially caught, and your successor has officially taken over headquarters and your name. After disbanding I myself was promoted to one of the chief officers of the NPA after officer Yagami passed...And Misa....Poor girl...She took her own life not long after news got out that Light had died. It was over for her anyway, seeing that she was the second.."

You trail off, as L's playing stopped. He was listening quite carefully.

"My successor...Have you met him at all?"

He asks, and you pause before answering.

"Yea. Briefly...We met a little while after you...Left. it was mostly based on discussing the case and what move to make next. But hes just a kid, L. Are you sure that he's able to live up to that legacy?"

"Yes. I'm sure of it."

He answers, not saying anything more.

"There was a lot of unnecessary death that went on during that case. Plain and simple. The only ones left out of the original team who havent left or died is just me and Matsuda now."

You say, forcing a little smile. Pausing after absorbing the small story, L then looks up before speaking.

"Is he still as much as an idiot as he was before?"

L asks in a small attempt to lighten the mood, and you shake your head as you laugh.

"Well, yea. But he means well. Plus, hes a pretty high ranking officer now that hes been promoted from manager."

You laugh, punching L's arm softly as you both smile.

"But...We miss you a lot. We miss the team."

You say, then look towards L.

"I suppose to most of the world you never died seeing someone took over so quick...Which is why I wanted to make that effort to come see you. I couldnt let you just be forgotten like that because I cared about you. I wish I could have told you that sooner.."

You sigh, and feel his hand on yours.

"The truth is, L..."

"(y/n), it's okay if you want to call me Lawliet...I'd actually prefer it."

He says, and you nod.

"Lawliet..I...The truth is that I did have feelings for you. They may not have been fully romantic, but it was love, and it still is love. I wanted to stay with you, I wanted to work with you, I wanted to be by your side...And if it became something more, well, I wanted that too."

You say, and he was silent.

"But..."

"I know."

He suddenly says, and looks to his hands.

"You were right (y/n). It can't work. Beleive me, it breaks my heart that I didnt realize how I felt earlier."

He sighs, and you tilt your head at his sudden change of heart.

"You know in wedding vows how it is 'till death do us part'...Well, death has already parted us."

He says, saddened.

"Unless..."

"Unless what?"

You ask, and he looks up, pausing for a moment.

"Well, unless we were to get married properly down here...And you would have to give up the life you have in order to stay."

"You mean like...die?"

"Essentially, yes. It wouldnt hurt, and you would just become...dead I suppose. It would be like going to sleep then waking up. But you would belong here."

He says, then continues.

"But I could never ask you to do that."

He says, and you consider for a moment, looking around. Yes, giving up your life was a tall order...But everyone ends up here anyway.

"Well...What's it like actually...Being down here?"

You ask, and L looks to the ceiling before thinking.

"Well, theres no more working, no stress. You can go pretty much anywhere you want in the afterlife. All over the world there's different cemeteries, and this town is only accounting for one of them, or at least only one area."

He says, and you tilt your head.

"So theres different places to visit...?"

"Plenty. I've heard Mexico is amazing to see, especially around Dia de los muertos. But I havent done any moving around yet.. I didnt want to miss any visits of yours."

He says, smiling softly.

"So you dont have to work, and you can just travel and have fun forever?"

"Pretty much."

"Then...I'll do it."

You say, and he looks up, surprised.

"What? Really?"

"Why not? I mean it is a pretty big decision to do that but...You end up here anyway, right?"

You say, and slowly, you see L smile almost ear to ear.

"So you'll- you'll marry me?"

He asks, and you laugh before lightly nodding.

"Yes. But if we're going to do it, we should do it properly."

You smile, and L nods as he holds your hand tightly, bringing you in for a hug and a kiss on your cheek.

~*~

Preparations began almost immediately, and L said he would take care of everything and all you had to do was wait. Light obviously deeply disapproved of L convincing you to stay, but L chose to conveniently ignore his concerns.. It's not like he could stop either of you anyway.

Of course, seeing that things were rushed and you obviously had to belong as soon as possible if you were going to stay, the wedding had to be as soon as possible as well. Before you even knew it, you were pretty much tossed into a seamstresses shop to get a dress to wear, and things were in full swing for the same day. Even you thought things were moving a bit fast.

Once things calmed down and you were getting fitted, you found the dress chosen for you was beautiful...In it's own way. Yes, it was slightly tattered and looked like it belonged to a well...corpse, however you still felt graceful. You were given a bouquet of dried roses and a veil that looked as if it were made of spun spiders webs, which glimmered and floated lightly and gracefully when you moved. Your hair was done in an elegant and sleek bun, which gave the whole look a very Victorian style. Looking at yourself in the mirror as the seamstress flows the train out, you begin to have second thoughts. What were you doing? Were you really going to stay here forever?

"I'm not sure if I want to go through with it."

You say, and the seamstress looks up before speaking.

"Its just pre wedding jitters dearie."

She says, and you sigh as she hands you the bouquet, touching it up slightly.

"Maybe."

"Nonsense. Look how beautiful you look. Ladies down here would kill for that you know."

She says, ending with a small laugh.

"Now, you're all finished. I'm surprised things were organized this quickly, but you're due at the altar in an hour. I'm sure everything will be lovely, so dont worry dear. I'll escort you there."

She says, and you make your way out of the building and to the ceremony, drawing attention the whole way. Once there, you pause before the double doors that led to the altar, wondering again if this was really right. Before you can think, the doors open, and you see L standing at the end of the isle, waiting for you.

Slowly stepping over, you hear soft music as you glide towards him, your heart thumping. Once there, he smiles warmly as he holds his hand out.

"You look beautiful."

He sighs, and holds your hands up to to the altar as you stand before him. The priest then began saying the marriage blessings, and time seemed to slow as you feel L's cold hands in yours, and you take a deep breath as you try and maintain your focus.

"And do you, (y/n) (l/n), take L. Lawliet as your husband, in both life and death?"

He asks, and you pause for a second before you answer, making L's smile faulter slightly.

"I-I do."

You finally say, and he squeezes your hands in his.

"Do you, L. Lawliet, take (y/n) (l/n) as your wife, from now until the end of time?"

"I do."

He says almost with no hesitation, and the priest closes his small bible, gesturing his hand towards the rings.

"The rings, please."

He states. There were two, on either side of a wine glass that had a dark liquid in it. Picking up the ring, he smiles sheepishly as he takes your hand.

"Do you like it?"

He asks, and you look down to a small silver and gold band that was made to look like a rose vine, with a detailed flower in the middle that was decorated with small stones with a larger one in the center.

"It's beautiful."

You answer, and he lifts your hand up before kissing it lightly, looking up for a moment with a slightly concerned look.

"You're trembling."

He says in a low whisper as he slips your ring on, and you shake your head.

"I'm fine."

You mumble, as the priest before you asks you to pick up the wine glass. Most likely...That is what is going to make you belong in this world.

Poison.

"I now pronounce you Husband and Wife. You may drink."

He says, and you take a deep breath before bringing the wine glass to your lips, feeling your heart pounding. Well, at least that was a feeling that would go away soon.

You were just about to drink, when suddenly L steps over, covering the top of the wine glass before you could take a sip, earning gasps from everyone.

"S-stop."

He says, making you look over.

"What's wrong?"

You ask, and he pushes it a bit lower.

"(y/n)...It would be wrong of me to let you do this."

He says, looking up towards you.

"But...I chose-"

"Sweetheart...you didn't choose. I chose for you. I realize now where I went wrong.... I should never have dragged you down here. It wasn't your time, yet I was blinded by my own desires and brought you here anyway. I love you (y/n). I really really do. But...I have to let you go."

He says, and your eyes fill with tears while he draws you close.

"Please don't cry my love...we will see each other again one day. I promise to wait as long as it takes."

He says as he wipes your tears away, and you couldn't help but turn into a complete sobbing mess in his arms.

"I don't want to leave you~"

You say as he holds you close, and you feel his hand gently rest on your back.

"I know, and I don't want you to go..but...it would be so incredibly selfish of me if I made you do this. It isn't your time yet, and I want you to enjoy life thoroughly so I can have plenty of stories to listen to later."

He says, running his cold but loving hand through your hair.

"I want you to love every second of being alive and cherish it. I can't take that away from you."

He says, backing away slightly before you sniff.

"But promise me one thing, okay?"

He says, and you look up.

"Please, please don't bring yourself down here for my sake. Alright? You have to promise."

He asks, and you sniff before nodding.

"O-okay.."

You say, and he holds you close.

"Now....I need to take you home."

He finally says, and you hold back your tears before nodding, heading back down the isle.

"Come on.."

He softly says, and you follow along as he leads you away from the altar and back the way you came.

"Where are we going? How do we get back..?"

You ask, and L doesnt respond as leads you up a path of stone steps, into a building and through a long hallway, eventually slowing.

"Here. This is where I originally brought you through."

He says, holding your hand as you stop before a concrete door of a mausoleum.

"Behind this is..."

"Your world, yes. I can't go further I'm afraid."

He answers, and you turn towards him.

"L, why don't you come with me?"

You ask, and he shakes his head.

"I'm afraid I can't darling. I don't belong there anymore. Just as you don't belong in my world yet."

He says, and you frown.

"Plus, having essentially a zombie as a husband wouldn't be ideal."

He jokes, and you laugh lightly.

"I suppose.."

You say, and he sighs before squeezing your hands.

"Promise to come visit?"

He asks, and you laugh as you look up.

"I promise."

You say, and he smiles before leaning up, kissing your cheek.

"Alright, You get yourself home and get some rest. I'll be here whenever you want to visit. Bring a new book though, I cant say I'm a fan of romance novels."

He answers, and you laugh before speaking.

"Alright. Murder mystery maybe?"

You ask, and he nods.

"Sounds good to me. I'm sure whatever you pick will be fine."

He responds, slipping your hands out of his.

"Bye (y/n)."

"Bye Lawliet."

You answer, before he shuts the door. Turning around, you see it was completley night time, and pitch dark. Thank goodness, if it wasnt you were sure you would scare the crap out of anyone, seeing that you looked like a ghostly victorian bride emerging from a mausoleum.

On the way home as you tried to avoid people seeing you, you began thinking about that whole ordeal that just happened. It seemed like some crazy dream. But it also gave you odd closure. You weren't grieving over L anymore, and were instead happy. And it sounded bad but...You had something to look forward to after your time comes.

And you couldnt wait to keep visiting him.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

369K 14.9K 61
Y/n was walking around her house until she got a headache and collapsed onto the ground. When she woke up she found herself in the world of Death Not...
17.9K 440 17
❝ requests are still open ! ❞ ⟢ 𝐈𝐍 π–π‡πˆπ‚π‡ me and DA_RINA1 write one shots together ! more info inside the book ! ...
657K 24K 100
Winner of DeathNoteAwards Golden Apple section, Highest Ranking: #1 in Deathnote [COMPLETED] ACTION PACKED in the later chapters --- (Y/N) Lives in t...
1M 26K 88
ADVENTURETIMEFANTICS L X READER ONESHOT SERIES 1 BOOK 1 "They call me L, but you can call me tonight..." Various oneshots with L Lawliet, the worlds...