Somebody To Love (Ben Hardy!R...

By Staceeeeers

Rebecca Jackson's life is boring. She goes to work, comes home and that's pretty much it. Until she meets M... More

one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty one
twenty two
twenty three
twenty four
twenty five
twenty six
twenty seven
twenty eight
twenty nine
thirty
thirty one
thirty two
thirty three
thirty four
thirty five
thirty six
thirty seven
thirty eight
'39
forty
forty one
forty two
forty three
forty four
forty five
forty six
forty seven
forty eight**
forty nine
fifty
fifty one
fifty two
fifty three
fifty four
fifty five
fifty six
fifty seven
fifty eight
fifty nine
sixty
sixty one**
sixty three
sixty four
sixty five
sixty six
sixty seven
sixty eight
sixty nine
seventy
seventy one
seventy two
seventy three
seventy four
seventy five
seventy six
seventy seven
seventy seven.five**
seventy eight
seventy nine**
eighty
eighty one
eighty two
eighty three
eighty four
eighty five
eighty six
eighty seven
eighty eight
eighty nine
ninety
ninety one
ninety two
ninety three
ninety four
ninety five
ninety six
ninety seven
ninety eight
ninety eight.five
ninety nine**
one hundred
one hundred and one
one hundred and two
one hundred and three
one hundred and four
one hundred and five**
one hundred and six
one hundred and seven
one hundred and eight
one hundred and nine
one hundred and ten
PSA
500k celebration
Bonus update

sixty two

11.1K 320 219
By Staceeeeers

It's not often that the band has time to go out and get drunk anymore, with rehearsal for the upcoming tour and the fact that John didn't like leaving Hannah, who was well into her seventh month or pregnancy it was rare that everyone managed to make it out.

But, it was Mary's birthday and so with the exception of Hannah and John (Who they promised to take out on a non-alcoholic adventure), they decided they'd all make an effort to go out together.

Roger was supposed to be going along too but when he woke up with a migraine, he decided to give it a miss and so Rebecca was going it alone.

She met up with Brian and Alice, who she sadly hadn't seen much due to the fact that Elton John seemed to always be needing her and the four of them made their way to Mary's favourite place to drink.

They made their way into the building loudly, gaining the attention of the few people who were already sat down and those people continued to stare as they made their way through the tables to get to the table where Freddie and Mary were sat.

I mean, who wouldn't stare. A number one selling band are mere feet from them.

"You made it!" Freddie grins, standing up to greet them.

"We wouldn't miss it, Fred," Brian says, leaning down to kiss Mary' cheek, "Happy birthday, Mary. How's your dad?"

"He's good, thanks," she replies, moving over in the booth so Alice and Rebecca can sit next to her, "No Roger?"

"He's got a migraine," Rebecca frowned as she shrugged her wet coat off, "He's had them quite a bit these days. But never mind that, how's your day been? I hope Freddie's been spoiling you."

"I always spoil her, darling," he says from across the table, "And now that we're all here, I'll get us some champagne."

"I'll help you with the glasses," Brian says as the door opens and Freddie's eyes light up.

"No need, Brian. I'm sure Paul will be happy to help."

Both Alice and Rebecca groan at the sound of his name as Freddie goes to the bar and looking at Mary, she sees that she also isn't happy that he's here.

"Why would he invite him?" Alice mutters and the blonde shrugs.

"They've been getting on rather well since Bohemian Rhapsody was released," Mary says as she toys with a coaster, "It's always Paul this and Paul that."

"Better watch he doesn't steal him from you, eh?" Brian jokes and while the two girls laugh, Mary just gives him a weak smile.

Although they were all together, the men all broke off into their own conversation which left the women to talk about Alice's new job, which thankfully, she's happy to talk about.

"Is it weird?" Mary asks, "Y'know, looking after just the one person?"

"I'm not actually doing that now," Alice replies, "I'm more...Elton said that I have a knack with people so he's made me his media coordinator or something like that and to be honest, I like it. The hours are better and I'm getting paid more."

"That's great," both Mary and Rebecca smile, "But you're missing us, right?"

"Of course I am," she laughs, "The people are great and all but..."

"They're not Queen." the three of them say in unison and Rebecca gets up.

"Right, 'm going to the loo. What does the birthday girl want for her next drink?"

"The same again would be lovely," she smiles and Rebecca nods.

"Brian? Alice? Another?"

Brian's quick to stand up too, "I'll get them in, love."

"You sure?" she asks and when he nods, she gives him a bright smile before making her way to the bathrooms.

Who was she to turn down a free drink?

||-||

Rebecca spent a lot longer in the bathroom than she had planned. There was a girl in there who needed a hand with her dress' zip, which was caught in her hair and of course, Rebecca helped her and then they got into a very long conversation about the girl's hair -it was so curly and shiny that Rebecca just had to know how he got it like that-.

The girl, whose name she found out is Maria, walked with her back to the main room and then disappeared to find her friends but not before writing the name of her shampoo on the back of Rebecca's hand with a pen she borrowed from the barman.

Before returning to her friends, she returns the pen and the smile that's on her face slips off when she sees Freddie and Paul stood at the bar and she scowls when she realises how close Paul is to Freddie and how he's whispering in his ear.

Now, she could go over there and break them up and kick up a little fuss but she can't because she looks over to her table again and sees that Mary is finally enjoying herself.

She can't ruin her birthday. She's not that type of person so instead, she puts a smile on her face and returns to the table.

"There you are!" Mary smiles.

"Yeah, sorry," she replied, "There was a hair emergency. What have I missed?"

"We were actually just talking about you and Roger," Alice hummed, "Any wedding plans made?"

"Crikey, no!" Rebecca laughs, "Things have been far too hectic for that. Y'know, with the album release and such. Plus, we have only been engaged for a few months."

"So none?"

"Sorry," she shrugs, "But as soon as anything is planned, you'll be the first to know."

"You have started thinking about things though, right?" Mary asks, "You know, the little things like dates? Venues?"

And she has. Well, she's tried to. But every time she imagines herself walking down the aisle freaks her out.

Just thinking about all the people who are going to be staring at her gives her the absolute fear
And she doesn't quite know what she's going to do. How is she going to tell Roger that maybe she doesn't want a big wedding?

That too gives her the fear because she doesn't know how he'd take it.

||-||

Roger hated it when Rebecca got drunk. She was a lightweight and when she drank, she could speak to anyone. And he means anyone.

She becomes everyone's best friend; whether it be a group of students stood at the bar or an old man who just came out to get a quiet pint in his local.

If you're in the same pub as her, you're going to find yourself talking to her at one point.

And she has the most infuriating habit of disappearing without telling anyone where she's going and nine times out of ten, when Roger goes looking for her, she's either at the bar eating a plate of chips or arguing with the bartender, saying that she's not that drunk and if he cut her off now, he'd just be being rude.

And apparently, that's exactly what she's been doing.

He'd gotten a phone call from Brian who said that they were going to be heading home soon and that he wanted to warn him of the bomb-scare of a girlfriend he was bringing home to him.

"How drunk is she?" he asks, hearing Freddie yelling in the background, "I thought that it was just going to be a quiet night."

"She's pretty wasted," Brian said, "And it was. Until Freddie brought a round of tequila.

"Okay," Roger chuckles, "Glad you had a good night, Bri."

After hanging up, he makes himself a cup of tea and lays down on the couch and decides to stay up and wait for her instead of going to bed like he'd planned.

He doesn't hear the taxi pull up so he doesn't see Rebecca trying to navigate the steps up to the flat with Brian hovering behind her, arms out ready to catch her if she falls backwards but she makes it.

It took her ten minutes but she made it.

Finding her keys, however, is a completely different ball game and it's not long before Brian's had enough and is knocking loudly on the door and Roger opens it in time to hear Rebecca scolding the guitarist, saying that Roger will be asleep.

Seeing that Roger is now ready to take over with the care of his girlfriend, Brian gives her a gentle push forward into his arms,

"Roger!" Rebecca cheers, throwing her arms around his neck as she stands on her tiptoes to plant a sloppy kiss on his lips, "Hi babe!"

"One drunk girlfriend," Brian sighs, "Good luck, Rog. She talked my ear off in the cab."

"Thanks for bringing her home," he smiles, letting her go so she can sit down on the couch, "Where's Alice?"

"In the taxi telling the driver that I'm in a very famous band," he snickers, giving him a wave as he heads for the stairs again, "Goodnight, Rog."

He closes the door quietly behind him, turning to see Rebecca looking at him with drooping eyes, "Why are you staring at me?"

She gets up on her knees as he comes to stand behind the couch, poking his cheek lightly, "You're so pretty."

"Alright," he laughed, "I think it's time for bed, don't you?"

He leans against the bathroom door as she brushes her teeth, and in the bedroom, she grins when he sits her down on the bed so he can take her shoes off, placing her hand on top of his head to mess up his hair, "You're so good to me, Rog."

He helps her unzip her dress and pull it off and helps her climb into the bed, laying down beside her as she gets comfortable.

"Roger?" she hums, resting her head on his chest.

"Yeah?"

"I love you."

Laughing quietly, he presses a kiss to her forehead. She' s a sappy drunk.

||-||

I know I'm skipping chunks of time but I don't want to repeat the same stuff all the time

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.5K 82 33
Y/n And Roger ~ 1973 - 1975 October 2021 A Crazy Hetic Life Of Queen And Other Events
1.3K 122 16
A young woman named Briana had her 22nd birthday at a bar. She woke up the next day after passing out in unfamiliar surroundings. Living in America i...
72.3K 1.6K 48
𝗥𝗢𝗚𝗘𝗥 𝗧𝗔𝗬𝗟𝗢𝗥 PRETTY LOVER BOY /adj./ a drummer with a mop of blond hair and a mischievous look in his eyes Clementine Landers only wor...
30.3K 1K 52
[COMPLETED!!] This is part 2 of "My Love, Brian May" So if you haven't read the first book, I suggest you do or else you'll be really confused. More...