Living Affair

By Missnellywrites

Book Two of the Living Vicariously series. It's two years later since Montana and Kacey have been married. Tw... More

two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty one
twenty two
twenty three
twenty four
twenty five
twenty six
twenty seven
twenty eight
twenty nine
thirty
thirty one
thirty two
thirty three
thirty four
thirty five
thirty six
thirty seven
thirty eight
thirty nine
forty
forty one
forty two
forty three
forty four
forty five
forty six
forty seven
forty eight
forty nine
fifty
II/01
II/02
II/03
II/04
II/05
II/06
II/07
II/08
II/09
II/10
II/11
II/12
II/13
II/14
II/15
II/16
II/17

one

24.7K 572 88
By Missnellywrites

2 years later

"Where the fuck she at, yo." Montana checked his phone looking over at the time. He and the counselor had been waiting on Kacey going on thirty minutes with no text or call to let them know she'd be late. Not only was she wasting their session time she was inconsiderate.

"Maybe she lost track of time." The counselor by the name of Vanessa said crossing one leg over the other, holding her clip board in her hand. She was a middle aged black woman. She didn't mind Kacey being late because she got paid either way. "We can always reschedule for another time." She suggested once she saw Montana standing up.

"Nah, it's fine. I ain't the reason we need this shit, she is." He shook his head, chuckling to himself. Not because he found it funny but because he was in disbelief that she didn't take their session seriously. "Ain't this some shit." He muttered to himself before he opened the door and frowned when there stood his wife Kacey.

She furrowed her eyebrows in confusion."Where are you going?"

"I'm outta here." He bumped past her but she grabbed his arm in time.

"Why are you leaving? Were supposed to talk to the coun"

"Fuck allat'. You the one who tore this fuckin family apart and got some nerve coming up in this bitch late like we on your time." He frowned, looking down at her.

"I had an emergency at the shop Montana and it was busy down there I couldn't just leave." She tried to reason with him. She wouldn't purposely show up late just to do it. She had an emergency and had to tend to it. She was very passionate about her salon.

"So that's more important than you coming to fix this fuckin' marriage!"He shouted in her face, causing her face to soften. She wasn't sensitive but in this moment she was because of how upset he was at the fact she showed up late.

"No it's not but--"She stopped talking when he cut her off again.

"I don't wanna hear shit yo ass have to say. You can go talk to her by ya fuckin' self cause I'm gone." He gave her one last look before storming out of the building. He left her there standing looking confused apologetic.

Sighing, Kacey walked into the counselors office. She greeted her with a smile and wave before she sat down in the chair in front of her.

"Nice of you to join, Kacey." The counselor spoke, sending a warming smile to Kacey. At least the counselor wasn't too upset with her tardiness.

"I'm sorry I wasted your time." It was the first thing she said. "I had an emergency and lost track of time. I really do apologize."

"It's fine, Kacey. No worries. I take it you want to continue with the little bit of time we have left?" Kacey nodded her head. Even though it would've been nice to have Montana here maybe she could express her feelings to the marriage counselor and get her perspective on everything.

"You came here with Montana to help fix your marriage correct?" Vanessa, the counselor questioned, clicking her pen.

"Yes." She nodded.

"Okay and what came in the way of that? What is the main issue going on? I want to hear your side of things and when we continue our next session I will hear Montana's."

"Okay." She nodded, feeling her hands becoming sweaty. She was nervous and had no idea on how to start the conversation. Sugar coating would just take up too much time, so she started from the real problem."I was pregnant last year with a baby girl..." She spoke slowly, trying to control her emotions.

The topic always made her emotional no matter what and it hurt to talk about. "Unfortunately she came out as a stillborn." She took a deep breath, feeling her eyes watering. "When I- When I lost the baby I lost myself and that caused me to spiral out in the wrong direction."

"What exactly does that mean, Kacey?" Vanessa questioned, glancing up at Kacey from her clipboard.

I stepped out on Montana. I had an affair with another man." She revealed. "I know it's messed up. I was going through a lot and I didn't know how to go about everything. I have never experienced anything like this in my life. I feel horrible about the situation. He was hurting too as well and I was being selfish and inconsiderate on how he felt and-" She broke out in tears, stopping her whole sentence.

Vanessa held her hand out, holding a box of tissues for Kacey. "It's okay, dear. Take as much time as you need."

The tears wouldn't stop. "I'm sorry, I need a minute."

*****

"Where have you been?" Kacey frowned, looking at Montana. It was close to midnight and he was just now showing up. They didn't go home together after their therapy session. When she got home he was there but he stayed in his studio before he left without telling her where he was going. They had plans and he had just left without a heads up.

"About my business." He answered, making his way up the stairs.

"Are you serious right now?" She followed behind him up the stairs. "You were supposed to come down to the cemetery today. You knew what today was."

"Aight, Kacey. I didn't show up. Now what?" He stood in front of her with a mug on his face. It might as well have been his permanent look the way it always appeared on his face whenever talking to Kacey. "Just go to bed I don't have time to hear your mouth an shit."

She stood a few feet away from him, watching as he changed out of his outside clothes in their walk-in closet. "Go to bed?" She reiterated, tilting her head. "You were supposed to bring ya black ass to the cemetery. I needed you there. This day was the most heartbreaking day for me and it should've been for you and I'm supposed to leave it alone."

"Same way I was supposed to leave alone you showing up late to marriage counselor because you wanted to step out and fuck another nigga."

"Are you really bringing that up?" She frowned as her nose flared. She was annoyed and knew no matter what Montana was going to bring up her infidelity every time they got into it. She could only blame herself. "How many times do you want me to apologize?"

"I don't want that sorry ass apology." He chuckled, shaking his head.

"Where are you going?" She folded her arms across her chest. Kacey just stood there as he grabbed a pillow off of their shared bed.

"To my main spot." He referred to the couch.

"Montana." Kacey grabbed his arm before he could leave out the door. "I'm fucking sorry baby. I really am." She placed her hands on the side of his face as she looked at him but he didn't look at her. "I love you so much and what I did was stupid. We were going through something and I know that doesn't make it—"

Montana scoffed, prying her hands off of his face. "If I fucked around on you with other bitches you wouldn't have thought twice without packing your shit up and dipping out on me."

"That's not tr—"

"Mommy." Both heads turned to their son Major who stood at the door, rubbing his eyes. He walked in the room with his arms out, heading in his mother's direction. Kacey forced a smile, meeting Major half way before picking him up. Montana took it as his cue to walk out the room.

Montana laid on the couch with his arm behind his bed staring at the ceiling. Everything was going all good and then boom something had to happen. He didn't know what caused Kacey to cheat on him with another nigga. That day when he saw the text messages on her phone he didn't wanna believe it but it definitely was real. Kacey meant everything to him. They had their two year old Major and today would have marked their baby girls first birthday but unfortunately she wasn't here.

When Kacey lost the baby Montana was in shock and not only was Kacey hurt it hurt him too that he lost his baby. He didn't understand how Kacey could just let another nigga come in and do his job. And now what was done in the dark cameto light for her she wanted to fix it. Of course he still loved Kacey but he couldn't look at her the same.

Shaking his head he turned off the television
before drifting off to sleep.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

17.7K 1.3K 26
She never believed in promises and when she finally did, they were broken by the very same person who made them to her.
687K 27.4K 31
Twenty one year old Kacey Hines living her life through her mother and forced to marry a guy she doesn't love.
3.7M 129K 68
I was a boy when I met her and loving her taught me how to be a man. ** This book features MATURE THEMES including violence, strong language, sexual...