A SINGLE BLUE FLAME ;; T. DA...

By takutea

Misunderstood. Misunderstood is a common word used to excuse the dark purposes or intentions of toxic people... More

Author's note (ιмρσятαит )
playlist
-Prologue- мιѕυи∂єяѕтσσ∂
the talk (1)
the night we met (2)
afraid (3)
issues (4)
wishes (5)
profile
gamble (6)
escape (7)
polaroid (8)
another day (9)
insomniac (10)
genesis (11)
threat (12)
asphyxia (13)
• april fools (im not sorry) •
trauma (15)
spar (16)
reflect (17)
medicate (18)
profile #2 (takaoka)
profile #3 (lockheart)
white (19)
update ! (URGENT)
theories ( 20 )

lockheart (14)

2.9K 127 92
By takutea

Oh you little–
What a way to wake up.

One after another, many fluffy cushions were vigorously thrown at my face. I shot up to meet my gaze with Toga, who was smiling like a madwoman. Her topaz hues glimmered in delight at my reaction, I didn't fall behind on her mischief. I caught one of the pillows and flung it back at her. The pillow hit her right in the face, followed by childish giggles from her.

"That's the spirit! Now that you're up, Kurogiri asked me to bring you to come have breakfast with us." She cheered and clapped. Her energetic and over the top gestures reminded me of a five year old's , but something about her never ending hyper activeness eased my nerves from last night. Before I could even compose myself properly she was already dragging me out of my so called room and into the dreary halls.

"Good morning Miss (l/n). Did Toga wake you up properly? I apologize if not." Kurogiri greeted me as I walked into a spacious room, it was similar to the bar, yet this area resembled more of a diner, minus the vibrant colors and welcoming ambience. Kurogiri stood behind a counter.

His.. hands? were occupied by handling a coffee machine, the dark energy providing liquid boiled inside of the machine, soft wisps of smoke steaming from the lid. Toga joyfully trailed behind me. The bite sized psychopath wrapped her arms around my waist with a smile. "Nothing to worry about! I brought her back in one piece. Isn't her morning hair cute?" She chimed, one of her hands brushed some of my messy (h/c) locks behind my ear. The gesture was rather gentle, almost sisterly. Not that I was familiar with what 'sisterly' was.

I was about to reply to Kurogiri when two figures stepped into the room. Hanako's Snow white hair was unusually let loose, the soft curls draped down her shoulders and framed her face, giving her a more youthful and innocent look. If only. Nathan walked beside her, his golden locks were perfectly tamed and he was already dressed properly to face the day, whereas Hanako was still wearing sweat pants and a shirt two sizes too big for her. The contrast was amusing, it was odd to think we were all part of the same group.

"Good morning Miss.Takaoka , Mr.Lockheart" Kurogiri greeted them. Hanako walked past me, an annoyed scowl drawn on her lips.

"Good morning, Freak"

"Mornin' Bitch"

We acknowledged each other, after exchanging insults Hanako sat down on a crimson bar stool, her demeanor shifting completely as a soft smile tugged on her lips towards Kurogiri. "I hope you had proper rest 'Giri. I'll  ask for the usual" she yawned. Kurogiri nodded but was swiftly interrupted by Nathan as he was going to get to work. "Don't worry about it Kurogiri. I'll take care of it, after all– Not to flatter myself, but my hot chocolate is her favorite after all" the blond proudly stated, a soft giggle tumbled from Hanako's lips. "You're quite something Nath" she mumbled.

Nathan only chuckled in response and got to work with Kurogiri. As the mist like man dealt with the stove in the further back, Nathan took over the brewers and began heating up milk. A small smile propped up on his lips towards the snow haired girl, and I could have sworn her cheeks dusted a light rose shade. After releasing me from her overly affectionate grip, Toga skipped towards the stools and sat down besides Hanako and began to ask her several nonsensical questions.

I decided to follow her lead and sit down as well. I glanced at the empty stool next to Hanako as memories from last night made their way into my nerves. You're not afraid of her anymore (y/n). You're stronger than that. I sighed propped myself on the seat next to her. Kurogiri turned towards us for a moment and his golden hues widened slightly. "Miss.(l/n) , you look utterly exhausted. Please allow us to make you some coffee" he urged, gesturing towards Nathan. The blond gave him a short nod and turned towards the coffee machine.

I shook my head with a chuckle "Sure, but don't worry about me. I don't really sleep a lot" His expression eased at the fact I didn't loose sleep because of the new environment, but he looked worried nonetheless. Is this guy a villain or a mom?

"Soooo when is hand guy coming?" Toga suddenly blurt out. We were both new to the League so I imagined she was just as curious about the work ethic as I was. "He should be here any moment now. Shigaraki Tomura takes his time in the mornings" Kurogiri replied as he worked on the food. Hanako shrugged, probably accustomed to the routine. How long has she been in the League?  My thoughts drifted to her and Nathan. They acted comfortable with the place. Hanako nonchalantly observed Kurogiri cook as she ignored Toga's flurry of questions meanwhile Nathan worked on the drinks. His movements were natural and graceful, as if he'd done this many times before.

Nathan carefully poured a chocolate liquid into a pale stained mug. Soft wisps of smoke arose from the cup and made their way into my nostrils. I couldn't help but to smile at the tempting aroma. He leaned forwards and handed the mug to Hanako with a smile. "Here you go, Ako. Warm but not burning with extra marshmallows and a dash of cream" Hanako nodded and grabbed the cup, bringing it to her lips. "Thanks Nath" her bored gaze softened when she took a swing of the cup. I chuckled to myself at her relaxed demeanor. An unknown melancholy washed over me, her soft gaze almost resembled the time when we were sisterly and closer than ever.

"And one for (y/n)" Nathan spoke, placing a matching mug on the counter in front of me. Steam emanated from my cup as well, yet the liquid in it was much darker and the strong aroma of coffee aided to awake my senses. I lifted my gaze and watched Nathan get back to work, I only now noticed his features were much foreign to the Japanese. His golden eyes were round and double lidded, as his jaw was much more defined and his matching blond hair resembled the crashing waves of the ocean, even well kept they were much wilder than the average and although his speech was refined, it clearly rang an accent. Was I seriously so focused on the casino showdown that I didn't notice?

"You're American?" I questioned. Nathan glanced towards me, lips parting to reply before Toga gasped exaggeratedly.

"Good morning Dab, Dab! I thought you died in your sleep or something" The peppy schoolgirl exclaimed, the swinging of her legs on the stool steadying to greet him. "Good morning Mr.Dabi, I hope you had a good rest" Kurogiri greeted like with the others. Hanako and Nathan followed his lead, greeting him good morning too. Dabi walked past them and sat down on the remaining stool next to me, ignoring most of the greetings except for Nathan, whom he threw a chilling glare at.

His ocean hues flickered to me as a ghost smile turned on his lips. "Good morning witchette" he murmured loud enough for me to hear. I smiled back and mouthed "Good morning Touya." His gaze skimmed over the scenery and he placed an elbow on the counter, resting his chin on his palm. "A whiskey" he muttered.

"No you're not. Nathan, make him a coffee. He likes it darker than mine. As much as he annoys me I don't want him to go this early from alcohol intoxication" Nathan nodded at me as a teasing smirk turned on his lips. "Whatever the lady requests" his comment  provoked a growl from Dabi, which I laughed at. His lips turned into a feigned pout and he sighed with disappoint. "Don't give me that look, it's for your own fucking good" I scowled playfully. Dabi rolled his eyes and glanced back at the two men working behind the counter. "Whatever you say, lady" he mocked. Salty much?

A flash of amusement glinted in Nathan's eyes, It was gone as quick as it came, whatever rivalry was boiling in between the two, I was all on board to see the outcome of it. The caramel skinned blond didn't help it either as he added fuel to the fire. "At least lady sounds much more elegant than whatever witchette means." He purred calmly. An innocent giggle echoed in the room as Dabi slammed a hand on the counter, barking right at him. "What the fuck did you just say?" Nathan raised two arms in surrender, momentarily leaving the coffee machine. "Nothing, nothing. It's interesting to see you so worked up about this when you're so indifferent towards mostly everything around you."

Silence fell upon us at Nathan's comment. Dabi's lips pressed into a thin line, no form of argument being thrown back. His ocean hues flickered in between me and Nathan as his eyebrows furrowed in frustration. Finally, his lips parted to reply. "And what the fuck is that supposed to mean?" He scowled and leaned back, taking a sip from the mug of coffee Kurogiri placed in front of him that moment. I was too distracted on the bubbling argument to notice a resentful pair of sky hues glued onto my posture.

"Why of course, it means tha–"

"Why is there so much noise in here?" Shigaraki growled, the disturbing attachment that was usually on his face gone, I could now see his face properly. A crinkled scowl adorned his irritated expression, crimson eyes glaring directly at us. His lips were chapped to a point where I could imagine he bled, peeling flakes of dried skin layered one on top of the other. It seemed as if he'd never seen a tube of chapstick in his entire life.

"Just chatting! Too bad you had to ruin it. Things were getting good" Toga lamented before taking a bite of a pastry puff Kurogiri had given to her meanwhile breakfast was finished. The crimson eyed man's irritation progressed further at her dismissive answer. Hanako muttered something under her breath and masked it as she finished gulping down her hot chocolate and Nathan didn't even try to obscure the joy in his eyes. "It's nothing, we apologize for the ruckus" he bowed his head in an apologetic manner.

Shigaraki sighed and moved towards the mist man. "Have the brats eaten yet?" Kurogiri shook his head, his smoke like hand casually clicked off the stove as he spoke. "I just finished breakfast for them. I apologize for taking more than usual, I'm still calculating the new portion I have to cook for the additional members." Surprisingly, Shigaraki didn't add any comment to his words and turned to us.

"You have ten minutes to scarf down that food. After that I want you all in the main room to discuss our next move. Specially so you newbs don't fuck up" his gaze trailed onto Toga, Dabi and I, a spark of malice ignited once his eyes landed on me, lingering more than I wished. Without any other words , he turned away from us and exited the room. Hanako and Nathan visibly straightened up when he left, the laid back aura they carried shifted into a stern one. This definitely isn't anything new for them.. they're the most relaxed.

Although always happy, I could see Toga's legs swinging at a more rapid pace. Dabi kept a straight face, yet the way he bit at his bottom lip subtly was always an indicator something was on his mind. I was definitely nervous, even more with the way a hidden malice awoke as he stared at me.

Our worried stances quickly changed when plates with what I would call a banquet we're placed upon us. Perhaps it was because I didn't eat much, but the soft looking pancakes stacked one atop each other that were complimented by strawberries and a swirl of whipped cream and a side of scrambled eggs with bacon completely dumbfounded me. I had only seen this type of meal on television, or had faint memories of trying it when my mother was going through a cooking phase. Her food was nice..

"American breakfast?" My suspicions of his nationality were confirmed once Nathan nodded vigorously, grinning proudly. "I thought it would be nice to have something a bit different today" I didn't complain at that at all, I was too distracted by the sweet aroma of the maple syrup toga was already drowning her pancakes in. I nudged Dabi's elbow with light force and watched his cheeks grow in color as I flashed him a cheeky grin. He's always wanted to try American food. His old household was really strong in the cultural lifestyle.

Hanako had already begun eating without a word. Toga didn't fall behind either, except she kept praising the American breakfast in between bites. The rest of us ate as quickly as we could, we didn't want to test Shigaraki's patience, as annoying as he was.

[...]

Hanako and Nathan were the first to finish eating and leave. The female trailed behind the American as they exited the room. Toga bounced off the stool after asking Kurogiri for second's and devouring them in what was a blink of an eye. Dabi and I were the only ones left, he had already finished his food, I assumed he was waiting until I finished.

"What's on your mind?" He murmured as he drummed his fingers on the counter. I took another bite of the sweet confection. "It's not that important.. Shigaraki just throws me off" Dabi rose an eyebrow at my comment.

"... More than he should, I mean"

Kurogiri turned deaf ears as his back faced us. His hands were occupied rinsing the dishes. I made a mental note to at least lend him a hand next time he cooked.

Dabi nodded, giving me a pass to go on. "I just feel like there's more than we think there is. Call me conceited, but the way he looks at me is different. He's up to something" I murmured as I mindlessly stared at the empty plate. My words weren't too off as I saw him subtly shift in his seat, if it wasn't me it would have been unnoticeable. Suddenly Hanako's words came back to bite me. It is true?..

"T-.. Dabi, do you know something?" I wanted him to know I was being serious, but I didn't want anyone to know his name yet. Not until he said it himself, which was highly unlikely.

A soft cerulean flame emanated from his fingertips as he stared back at me.

"(y/n) look–"

"Mr.Dabi, you should retire to meet with the rest. I wish to have a word with Miss.(l/n)" Kurogiri interrupted. I grit my teeth in annoyance, Dabi took a last look at me before standing. "We'll talk about this later (y/n)" he muttered and took the same exit as everyone else.

Fucking fantastic. I stared back at Kurogiri , who took my place and placed it on the sink. "You're uneasy Miss.(l/n) . You seem exhausted and I'd like to know if there is anything I could do to aid your health, or anything I could say to ease your nerves" I sighed and rubbed my temples, annoyed. He was worried about me but the only thing I wanted to know right now was what Dabi was about to say. I glanced at his golden slits before a pair of similar colored hues came to mind.

"Nathan.. and Hanako. How did they get here?" I had no idea how my childhood enemy landed on the same place as me, or why the mysterious foreign boy was in the League.

Kurogiri nodded "It is only natural for you to question that. Miss.Takaoka joined the League with Mr.Lockheart. I'm surprised you havent caught up with his identity yet" I rose an eyebrow in question. "What the fuck does that mean?" Kurogiri shook his head and moved his hand towards a nearby radio in the back of the counter.

Static buzzed absently for a few moments before a signal was finally caught. Two women were discussing the daily news report and began talking about the uprising villainy that has been causing conflict lately. I still didn't understand why I was listening to this.

"How is this relevant to the?–"

"Shh" Kurogiri silenced me and pointed at the radio, almost as if he was expecting something. A cheesy news jingle played and an energetic voice rasped in, it didn't help the signal was weak, but his words were still comprehensible.

"Good morning folks! We now pass onto our international news broadcast. As you all know, there has been a rise of crimes in America and Japan. These include kidnappings, human trafficking, robberies and others. We heavily advise you to be wary at night in the streets, hence the crimes usually occur in between late and dawn hours."

I listened intently, now curious on how this was related to the members.

"As it's been spread around in our past broadcasts, it has been suspected that an American underground crime organization is behind these horrible events. Similarities in between forgotten cases and the current ones are beginning to emerge, and our top investigators have been diving into these cases. So fear not! Our best heroes and police are working together to take down this entity."

I pressed my lips into a thin line, a cold sweat ran down my forehead as I recalled the day Dabi and I were getting ready to come to the League and how the news were speaking about a similar- or identical- topic. The voices became a meaningless buzz as the realization of who we were getting involved with hit me like a pile of bricks. This was no child's play.

"–The only lead we have on how to identify a member is that they all carry a black heart tattoo in a location of their body. This mark is vague and common, yet it's something we advice you all to be wary of. Take care folks!"

And with that the station went out of air. The heavy silence weighed down on my chest like a ball chain that dragged me down onto the ocean. I stared up at Kurogiri, who nodded slowly. "Do you understand now miss?" I sighed out breathlessly.

"He's part of that American mafia that has been getting popular lately.."

Kurogiri shook his head and removed my mug from the counter.

"I am afraid to tell you he is much more than a member Miss.(l/n) , but that is for you to figure out on the meeting. Now, go on. I'll meet with the rest of you in a few moments" the mist man urged and went back to cleaning the remaining dishes.

I slowly stood up from the crimson stool and headed to the door, the questions were only increased at that point.

Who exactly is he?

________________________________

Chapter done y'all!! This was a trip lol. Sorry for the kinda late update, I've been working on another book and other things lol. Anyways, here's the chapter!! Thank you all who have commented and voted on this story, you have no idea how much it means to me.

Also, this book is already at 3.31k??? Thank you everyone for that!! It's amazing to see this book grow. I also want to thank the silent readers that take time out of their day to read!

I hope you all have a great week, and I'd love to know your theories on this chapter!~ they're always really fun to read ° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Also , I should be posting character profiles for Hanako and Nathan soon, so keep an eye out for that!

-takutea

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

75.4K 3.3K 38
"There's no way I can ever forgive anyone who tries to hurt you." "You said you'd never forgive anyone who tries to hurt me. That's all I need..." W...
45.7K 1K 36
Y/n is a 23 year old young woman who is working as a prostitute to struggle through her days in life. She is not proud of what she is doing of course...
7.4K 159 28
Hero... What was it again? A dream I aspired to be when I was a kid. I know, pretty stupid to forget the meaning of what you want accomplish. Hero :...
16.5K 391 41
‼️I do not own any of the MHA characters just the OC's and the plot‼️ ‼️AU‼️no quirks ‼️I do not own any of the art I put in the story‼️ Dabi x OC ⚠...