POINT BLANK RANGE | God Eater...

By ct-llyr

Set in a fictional country named New Asian Union (NAU) where the world has been mostly destroyed by mysteriou... More

A/N: Welcome

Ch. 1: Odin

73 1 0
By ct-llyr

Operator: "...two Vajra signals are detected! Please regroup immediately!"

Lindow: "Haaaa... I still feel irritated around those things."

Soma: "Stop complaining. This is your last mission before going home, right?"

Y/N: "...must be nice; to have a family to come to."

Without thinking about it, it suddenly came out of mouth.

Lindow: "Hey now. Don't get emotional on me now."

Yuu: "Never thought you'd be interested on those things, [Y/N]?"

Y/N: "Haha sorry, just thought that out loud."

Operator: "Alert! One is approaching faster than calculated! Use this opportunity to take one out before they group up."

Lindow: "Heard that, [Y/N]? Time to show these monsters the power of Old-Types!"

That's right; Soma and I are Old-Types, well, Lindow was. But after the Hannibal Incident, he adapted to his mutations and became a New-Type.

Alisa: "Says the guy with a New-Type Arc."

Lindow: "Hey! I was an Old-Type before, no?"

Operator: "Please focus on the task at hand."

All: "Roger that."

Yuu: "Here it comes."

- - - - -

Kouta: "Oh! Welcome back, everyone!"

Yuu: "You're not mad we didn't bring you with us?"

Kouta: "I was upset at the beginning, but I have a Unit I need to attend to now. I should be mature enough to realize that."

After being assigned as the First Unit's Leader, Kouta had to withdraw from the Cradle Unit and mentor the new recruits as Lindow and Yuu have done before.

Lindow: "Looky here! Already a reliable leader, yeah?"

Sakuya: "At least he is reliable."

Lindow: "Sakuya? Why are you here? Where's Ren?"

Sakuya: "Running around the lobby, can I borrow my husband for now?"

Shortly after Lindow's return, he and Sakuya were wed and became a full family after the arrival of their son, Ren. Sakuya had already retired and dedicated herself to parenting.

Yuu: "Sure, we'll take care of the report."

Lindow: "Oh! Thank you, leader!"

Soma: "Just go, already."

Alisa: "Leader, can we talk?"

Yuu: "Yes?"

Kouta: "And there goes the coupled people."

Alisa: "W-what?!"

Kouta: "Why? Do you deny it?"

Alisa: "N-no!"

Kouta: "There you go."

Leader Yuu and Alisa have become quite close as of late. Perhaps more than they let on, but they've been practically inseperable after the Summer Mission a few years back.

Y/N: "I guess the report is up to us, huh?"

Soma: "I've growned used to it by now, really."

Kouta: "Do you want me to come with you?"

Y/N: "Yeah, sure. The more the merrier."

- - - - -

Paylor: "...so, everything we thought of it was true."

Soma: "Yes, the samples of an organized Vajra group is appearing. Signs of these behaviors have been visible on our last 9 of 12 targets."

Y/N: "We believe an Aragami who can control other Aragami is behind it; with the report from Glasgow has submitted, the similarities are terrifying."

Marduk; if I remember that right.

Soma: "For them to come all this way to Far East is alarming. We believe immediate response should be needed."

Y/N: "I suggest a joint extermination with the Friar's Blood Unit."

Soma: "Their fighting skills are remarkable, and are meant for these kind of situations."

Friar's Blood Unit is proud of their abilities to deal with A-Class Aragami with no complications. They usually wander around but they are mostly near the Far East Branch.

Paylor: "While it is indeed for the best, but I cannot send you, [Y/N]."

Y/N: "Me? Why?"

Paylor: "I have an important mission for you. And information is highly classified."

Doctor and Soma never game me such missions before. It usually goes to our leader, Yuu. Having a need to experiment on New-Types, the doctor and Soma are requiring a lot more cores recently.

Kouta: "Does that mean the Cradle Unit will step up for this mission?"

Paylor: "Not all."

What could this be...

- - - - -

Alisa: "...WHAT!?"

Yuu: "C-calm down, Alisa..."

Sakuya: "I agree with Alisa, why doctor?!"

Lindow: "It's urgent and it has to be done, I'm sorry, honey."

Yuu: "Y-yeah, I understand the situation but why just us two?"

Paylor: "You're more than capable for it, no? An investigating team should have no problems with two of our top Eaters."

Lindow and leader Yuu were assigned to investigate the Vajra situation in detail. Having two capable New-Types should be a piece of cake.

Alisa: "I know! But at least let me come with them!"

Yuu: "Alisa..."

Y/N: "Miss Alisa is needed here in base to provide assistance to Soma and the doctor for their experiments, cores will have to be provided regularly."

Soma: "We could ask the First Unit for it, but they're too inexperienced."

Lindow: "I guess, and [Y/N] being an Old-Type Sniper, he can't physically retrieve cores from Aragamis."

Y/N: "...that is correct."

Though we said that, I have a different mission I gravely need to attend.

Paylor: "[Y/N] will be assigned to Friar for quite a while so our sniper won't be here anyways."

All: "..."

Paylor: "I believe that will be all. You should rest, if you have any concerns, my office is open. Good night."

Confusion, shock and silence were all that can be seen in our faces. It's the first time our team will seperate since the founding of the Cradle Unit.

Not only that... I finally have the chance to settle an unfinished business with 'him'.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Author's Note:
There you have the first chapter; a little explanation was given to what have happened in Fenrir before this story starts but there's a lot of thing to be revealed about our Protagonist.

As you can imagine, the protagonist is not the one you play as in the games, nor Lenka from the anime adaptations. Yuu is the default protagonist from GE: Burst and the Light Novel: Knocking on Heaven's Door. Though I haven't quite read it, I've decided to lean on the progress he made during the game. And as you can see, he is attached to Alisa in a pretty obvious way; if you're familliar with the manga: GE Summer Wars, a significant development occured between Alisa and Yuu.

Back to this insert story, you are an Old-Type Sniper who specializes in One-shot: one-kill approach. Being an old-type limits you from obtaining Burst Mode alone and ia unable to use Predation Mode.

This chapter was written in where our reader is gender neutral, but in cases/chapters where gender will have significant effect on the story, I will write specific scenarios for them.

I hope this was satisfactory as it was enjoyable for me to write, thank you and don't forget to leave a comment on what you guys and girls think about.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

167K 5.8K 42
โ if I knew that i'd end up with you then I would've been pretended we were together. โž She stares at me, all the air in my lungs stuck in my throat...
284K 18.1K 22
"you might not be my lover, but you still belong to me" "crazy, you don't even love me but you want to claim me as yours? have you lost your mind jeo...
1.1M 38.2K 63
๐’๐“๐€๐‘๐†๐ˆ๐‘๐‹ โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€ โi just wanna see you shine, 'cause i know you are a stargirl!โž ๐ˆ๐ ๐–๐‡๐ˆ๐‚๐‡ jude bellingham finally manages to shoot...
222K 4.6K 47
"You brush past me in the hallway And you don't think I can see ya, do ya? I've been watchin' you for ages And I spend my time tryin' not to feel it"...