Soul Ties

By arridaauthor

Breyona Hill, a young nurse, is content with her life. She lives her life in a large city with her best frien... More

S O U L $ T I E S
characters
p l a y l i s t
one.
three.
four.

two.

6.4K 346 212
By arridaauthor

"That love is a losin' game so I just might be a hoe"
(2.)

"So how was work yesterday?" Breyona's boy bestie, Kofi asked her through the phone.

A couple of years ago, when Breyona was in college, they had met through a mutual friend and surprisingly stayed close after they graduated.

If you seen Breyona then you seen Kofi and vice versa. This caused many to believe they dated even after they told others no. Now they just gave up and would say that they did. But the feeling was mutual on both sides, they were best friends, nothing more nothing less.

"Ughhh don't even get me started." Breyona balled up her fist and rolled her eyes. "Tell me why I clock out to leave and start heading out and all of a sudden somebody next to me just throws up all on my shoes."

Kofi erupted in laughter shaking his head. "The shit ain't funny. If I didn't care to lose my job then I would've beat his ass. Mind you, he was just drunk too. He wasn't even sick."

"Hold up imma call you back. One of my hoes tryna FaceTime."

"Kofi I swear. Keep playing and you gone catch something."

Kofi smacked his lips and waved her off as if she could see him. "I ain't gone catch nothing but some pussy."

"Yeah okay. Bye."

"Aight."

Kofi hung up leaving Breyona back in the bored state she was in before she called him.

Suddenly, she heard banging coming from her door.

"Ohhh nah." Breyona pre dialed 911 just in case she needed to call. Grabbing a knife from her knife rack she made her way to the door to look out the peep hole.

"Girl I was finna call 911 and stab you."

Isis laughed in her face. "Girl what was you gone do with that baby ass knife."

"What was you banging on my door for?"

"Cause I thought you was gone be sleep by now and I was trying to wake you up. But since you not we can eat this pie n' ice cream and watch How to Get Away With Murder."

"Let's just watch a movie cause I'm already ahead." Breyona said as she grabbed the apple pie and ice cream.

"We only supposed to watch it together. Bitch really?" Isis huffed.

"It was getting too good for me not to watch it."

"We can just watch rewatch Greenleaf."

"Alright but I'm not staying up late tonight. I got work tomorrow."

"And me too but we both know you know you finna stay up."

"Well maybe." Both girls laughed as they got comfortable on Breyona's couch.

They stayed up for as long as they could rewatching Greenleaf, but both of them eventually fell asleep at a decent time.

"Rise and shine." Isis sang as she tried to get Breyona up. It was ironic how Breyona was the one that wanted to go to bed early but couldn't wake up.

"I'm up! Mhmm Goddamn." Breyona rubbed the crust in her eyes as she got up to get ready for her day.

"Ugly ass lil crust bucket." Isis joked just to get on Breyona's nerves.

A morning person was something she was not, Isis on the other hand could wake up at the crack of dawn and be cheerful about it.

The pair continued to get ready and even sat down and ate breakfast since they woke up so early. By the time Breyona even realized she was at the hospital ready to start her shift.

"Get yo ass up Moni!" Eris screamed. She was sick and tired of her son laying in bed claiming not to be sick.

"Momma what I tell you about that gay ass name?" Kamoni said as he rubbed his eyes.

"I don't give no fucks. Get yo ass up I'mma take you to the doctor."

"But I'm not-" Kamoni started before he was interrupted by his mother. She didn't want to hear it anymore.

"Let's go." She responded sternly before leaving out the room.

Kamoni sat up in bed, staring at nothing in particular for a few minutes. He was tryna understand what he had been doing wrong for God to punish him like this.

Huffing, he rolled out of bed before going in the bathroom to do his hygiene.

After he was finished he made his way out of the house and towards his momma's car. Not before noticing a smiling Amir in the passenger seat.

"A whole snitch." Kamoni thought to himself as he entered the car.

The ride took about thirty minutes. It could've been shorter, but Eris was a slow driver.

"Hi." Eris smiled at the nurse at the nurse station.

Kamoni lingered around waiting for her to finish.

"Aw." Amir dragged out. "Look at the lil' sicky pooh." He went to pinch Kamoni's cheeks but Kamoni was not in the mood.

"Nigga move." Kamoni huffed and went to sit in the waiting room with Amir following right behind.

Soon, Eris joined and informed him that he would get called sooner or later.

"Man I'm hungry." Amir said as he rubbed his stomach. He had been tryna make her budge for the past few minutes.

"I wish I had a snack." He sighed. "What about you ma? Aren't you hungry too?"

Just as she was about to give him a piece of her mind, Kamoni's name was called.

Everyone stood up and followed the nurse.

"Damn." Amir whispered to Kamoni as he pointed at the girl's ass.

"Have some respect." Quickly Eris slapped the back of his head making Kamoni snicker. "And you shut up before you get it too."

He rolled his eyes before getting hit just like he was promised.

"Could you step on the scale please." The nurse turned to him.

He stepped on the scale and waited until she finished. After she took his height, he sat down on the exam table.

Eris had an incoming call making her face scrunch up as she looked at the caller I.D.

"If y'all would excuse me." She said as she hurried out the room.

The nurse opened her mouth to speak but was interrupted by Amir.

"Do y'all have any...one on one," He stroked his chin, "personal care, nurse..." He asked as he waited for her name.

"Isis." She laughed at his silliness. "I'm afraid we do not but I'm sure we can quickly help your friend here."

"Oh no I wasn't asking for him." He said as he smiled.

"Oh so your sick too huh?" She asked putting the blood pressure cuff on Kamoni's arm.

"Yea I've been having some weird symptoms lately and I was hoping somebody could bring me back to good health. But I think I found just the person." Amir said as his eyes raked over her body.

Kamoni shook his head wanting to be any where but there.

"When you get done with all that, I got a survey I would like if you could fill out. If that's okay with you."

"Yea I'll take a look at it."

Kamoni was cracking up in his head knowing exactly what survey Amir was referring to. 

"So what type of symptoms have you been having lately?" The nurse asked Kamoni.

"I haven't had any symptoms." He said causing her to scrunch up her eyebrows in confusion.

"So basically baby, his throat been on fire, he's been coughing, nose been stuffy. Allat." Amir tapped on his chin thinking. "I feel like I'm forgetting something."

The nurse shook her head as she typed on the computer.

"So you have iatrophobia?" The nurse raised her eyebrow at Kamoni as she looked away from her computer.

"Fuck is that?"

She laughed before clarifying. "A fear of doctors or going to the doctors."

"No I just don't like when people tell me I'm something that I'm not." He said glancing at his mother as she walked back into the room.

"Boy hush. You sick and you know it."

"The doctor should be here any minute." She gathered all her things attempting to leave the room. Not before getting stopped by Amir.

"What about my survey?" He opened up his phone going to add a new contact.

As soon as she realized she giggled.

"I gotta give you that one. It was smooth." She said.

"Yea I've been working on it for a minute." He said as he smirked, twirling one of his dreads around his finger.

"I would, but that would be unprofessional of me."

"Alright how about this. I'll give you my number and you can text me anytime."

"Boy if you don't leave that girl alone." My mother spoke up.

I was dying of laughter at the whole scene. Shit was funny.

"I'll think about it." She said as she slipped the piece of paper into her pocket and finally turned to leave.

"Bye bae have a nice rest of your day." He smirked before shutting the door and turning to us. "And that ladies and gentlemen, is how you do it."

An hour ago, Breyona had just got off of work. Now she was laying in her bed trying to get some sleep considering all the work she just did. But Isis couldn't stop talking her ear off about some guy she had met.

"Girl look at what he just sent me." Isis said as she turned her phone to Breyona making her push Isis's hand away.

"I am not tryna see his dick. I just want some sleep."

"It's not even that." She said as she rolled her eyes.

"Can I get some sleep then look." She put her head under her pillow trying to cover her eyes from the sunlight.

"Just look real quick then I'll leave you alone."

Getting up from under the pillow, she went to look at the phone.

"Oh wow a party poster." She said sarcastically.

"You've been begging to go to a party and now when the opportunity presents itself, you don't want to go."

"I do I just want some sleep right now. How are you not tired?"

"I don't know. I guess I'll leave you alone and go text him by myself." She got up from the bed heading out towards her own apartment. "I'll be back later."

"Thank you Lord." She thought to herself.

"Aw bestie you got me food?" Breyona asked as she made her way towards the island in the kitchen.

"Yea and I shouldn't have gotten yo mean ass nothing."

She opened the Cane's bag moaning at how good the food looked. "What is the party for anyway?"

"His birthday."

"What's this nigga name I wanna see what he look like." She said. To her, Isis had horrible taste. All the niggas Isis messed with in the past was definitely not her type at all.

"Amir. I got his Instagram, look." She picked up her bag of food and headed over to the couch where Isis was sitting.

"Oh yea a little highlighter, he's cute." He was too light skin in her opinion but he was still cute. She personally preferred chocolate over anything.

"We finna be throwing that ass back next week." Isis said smiling.

"Who said I was going?" Breyona asked while laughing.

"Uh un you said."

"Truly I don't want to. I don't want to be third wheeling and I don't know nobody else."

"You're going bitch. He told me to bring a friend for his homie." Isis said shrugging her shoulders.

"Fuck I look like an escort?" Breyona asked. For all she knew his homie could be ugly.

"Girl I promise his friend is cute." Breyona gave her best friend a look. To her, Isis's cute is her ugly.

"I am not about to be having a dry ass conversation because y'all wanna play Cupid."

"He's chocolate." She raised her eyebrows at that waiting for Isis to continue. "Tall, fine, and he got a nose piercing."

"Ain't no nigga fine with a nose piercing except Tupac, goodbye." She said getting up to leave.

"No look he's on Amir's page. His name is Kamoni. He was my patient that had strep throat that I was talking about earlier. He was in the room with Amir. You just weren't listening." Isis showed her a picture of the boys together on Instagram. She had to give her that one. He was indeed fine.

"See look at yo ass. Drooling and everything." Isis said making Breyona flick her off.

The pair began talking some more before Breyona finally agreed to go.

"What y'all niggas talking about?" Kofi asked as he strolled through the apartment as if it was his.

"None of yo business damn Frappe." For as long as Breyona could remember, these two never got along. Christ could walk down on Earth and they would still be bickering about who would go up first.

"Shut yo ass up."

"We were talking about this party Isis's new man invited us to." Isis bucked her eyes at Breyona.

"What?" She whispered utterly confused.

"A party?" Kofi asked in a Soulja Boy voice. Keeping it just at that even though he wanted to ask about the new man part too.

"Yes a party now get out of our damn business." Isis said.

"I'm just gone leave before some disrespectful ass shit come out my mouth." Kofi said as he stood up. "I'm truly gone fuck you up one day."

"I'll fuck with you later when she not around." He dapped Breyona up and then made his way out.

"Why do y'all have to do this every time?" Breyona asked. She was sick and tired of putting up with their shit. Why couldn't they just get along and act like civilized adults.

Isis shook her head before announcing that she was tired and was going to head back to her own place.

Kofi and Isis had been messing around with each other for the longest, but never made it official. It was always a, in the moment thing. Yet, their bestie never once found about it.

Every time Isis would get a man Kofi's jealousy got in the way and he would ruin it and vice versa.

"Kofi are you serious?" Isis asked when she finally caught up to him. 

"Fuck is you running after me for. Go text yo man like you was doing before I got here." He said as he waved her off.

"Kofi I don't even have a nigga." She said, irritable.

"What is you telling me for? We not together remember that's exactly what you said. Don't want to get in a relationship with me cause yo hoe ass wanna keep popping yo pussy to the entire city." He said as looked down at her with anger.

She stuck her tongue in her cheek before storming off to her own apartment.

Immediately, regret fell over Kofi. "Wait I ain't mean that." He said as he pulled her by her arm.

"Let go of me Kofi." She said as tears threatened to fall from her eyes.

"Look I just said that because I'm mad. I don't want nobody but you and I don't want nobody messing up what we have."

She rolled her eyes as she fumbled with her keys trying to unlock the door.

"You forgive me?" He asked as he pushed open the door for her.

"Mhmm whatever." She said as she tried to close the door on him.

"Damn. We can't talk?" He asked as he forced his way inside her apartment.

"Kofi get out." She whined.

He closed the door and made his way in front of her.

"Look I'm sorry aight?" He said as he kissed along her collarbone.

"Kofi." Isis shakily breathed out.

"Lemme make it up to you." He unzipped her cropped jacket noticing she only had a lace bralette underneath.

"This how you be walking out the house?" He smirked at her as he bent down and kissed her rib cage.

She placed her hand over his waves wishing she could actually grab onto something.

"Huh? You just walk outside showing what's mine?" Shaking her head no, she grabbed onto his shoulder.

"So we lying to each other now? That's what we doing?"

In a quick motion he picked her up making her legs wrap around his waist heading to her room.

"I'mma show you."

Her eyes were hooded as she took in his features. His chocolate skin and waves did something to her.

Tossing her onto the bed, Kofi smirked when she squealed as she flew into the air.

"Kofi I'm going to kill you." She said with all seriousness.

"Oh yea?" He pulled her to the edge of the bed as he stood between her legs. He didn't hesitate to rip off her leggings. Next came her thong as he tore it with his teeth.

"Kofi! Again?" Isis pouted.

"I'll get you some new ones."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

198K 11.4K 42
The feeling of being abandoned by one's own family was not unknown to Aadhira. She hates her family for abandoning her when she was only a newborn, l...
354K 21.7K 37
Let's see how different personalities mends with each other to form a beautifull bond together. Where the Eldest is calm and cold, Second is aggress...
431K 31.1K 42
α€•α€²α€•α€Όα€―α€α€Ία€žα€Šα€Ία€„α€•α€Όα€°α€Έα€”α€²α€· α€†α€­α€―α€€α€Ία€€α€¬α€Έα€†α€›α€¬α€„α€œα€°α€Έα€α€­α€―α€·α€›α€²α€· story α€œα€±α€Έα€α€…α€Ία€•α€―α€’α€Ί
BROTHERS IN ARMS By Arya

General Fiction

118K 6.8K 52
This is a story about three brothers. The eldest brother is serving his life for his nation while the other two brothers are following their eldest b...