Forbidden Love- USWNT

By uswnt-fanfic

Christen is the new varsity soccer coach at Pinewood High School after moving from Sweden because of a scanda... More

Welcome to Pinewood
The Student
Party at Servando's
A Late Night
Keep My Mind Busy
Win, feelings, and Strange Calls
Cars, clothes, and Calories
The Forbidden Kiss
Avoid... if possible
Keep Calm, Stay Strong
The Mistake
Everything's Going to be Just Fine
Clearing the Air
Roll Through the Punches
The Bachelor
Mini Golf
Unwelcomed Visitors
Sweet Thoughts to Not
My Highlight of the Day was...
Say Your Goodbyes
Ms. Tom Cruise
Fox Bridge
Home Sweet Home
*BONUS CHAPTER*

Where's Christen?

2.9K 50 5
By uswnt-fanfic

Tobin's Pov. 

I planned on stopping at the coffee shop on my way to school so I could give it to Christen. I planned on walking through the athletic section of the school, drop it off, and continue like I wasn't even there. 

As soon as the coffee was made, I drove to school, with my car smelling more like the vanilla lattes. Had to stick to the basics. 

I pulled up and walked in as if planned, and was expecting her to be in, but her office lights were off and door locked. I frowned, and heard people coming, so I rushed off so they would't see me waiting outside Chris's office.  

I arrived at my locker and set the coffees in. I thought she would already be here by now. I was deep in my thoughts, when I heard someone coming up to me. 

"Hey Tobin, who's those coffee's for?" Asked Julie. 

"Oh... ah well one's for me, and the other is... for you!" I said handing it to her. She smiled and took a sip. I was dissapointed that I did that, but I wasn't going to start lying to her even more. 

"Mmmmmh, I know this is very basic, but cannot go wrong with vanilla latte," she said. I nodded and took a sip. 

The bell rung, and we had to head to our classes. I walked with Julie to our first class, which was English and we had to turn in our papers on the book we were reading, but I was not nervous about it. 

----------------

I was putting my stuff in my locker, when I felt someone's presence. I closed it, to be face to face with Alex. 

"Hey Alex, what's up?" I said friendly. 

"I just have to get this off my chest, and tell me if I'm overstepping in anyway, but I know your like a teacher pet to Christen..." I became scared as to where this was going, "and I know she doesn't like me and since we're on better terms, I was wondering if you could put in a good word or something? I know this all sounds silly, but I just can't stand someone not liking me..." 

I quickly stopped her so I couldn't hear her rambling and I was releaved it wasn't anything on a more personal level between Chris and I, "Alex, she likes you, I don't know what you're talking about," I smiled. 

"She keeps giving me these long stares, and its weird for one thing, and when I do anything with the ball, she like is dissatisfied or something," she complained. 

"Alright, if it makes it any easier and will put you to ease, then I'll do it," I promised. 

"Oh thank you, its probably nothing, but I don't want to be on her bad side," she said. I nodded in agreement. 

"Who doesn't" I joked. We both laughed and then stood there awkwardly. 

"Well, I should be heading to class, but nice talking Heath," she smiled before walking away. 

After turning around, I was then caught off guard by Moe's face almost right on mine. 

"What was that?" She questioned me. She looked over my shoulder to watch Alex dissapear behind the corner. 

"It was nothing, she just asked me to put in a good word for Coach because she thinks she's on her bad side," I reassured her. 

"Hmmm, that didn't look like it from afar," Moe squinted her eyes. 

"Are you now spying on me, a body guard?" I joked. 

"No, but I'm your friend who helps you not make mistakes, like Alex." 

"Okay, I appreciate that, but you need to chill, Alex and I are chill. Yeah we aren't like we were before, but we're on good terms. Isn't that what you want? So it doesn't affect the team?" 

She stopped and thought about it, "yeah, you have a good point." 

I patted her arm, "its cool man, you know I'd do the same right?" She nodded, "okay, see ya later bud." 

I grabbed my next class's binder and headed off to my class. 

----------------

It was the end of the day, and I headed down to the locker room to change. I changed next to Moe, Julie, and Allie, and all walked down to the field where usually Christen would be shooting or something, but wasn't. 

I became worried, knowing now she hasn't been here all day made me think if she is okay. Instead, Ms. O'hara and Ms. Lloyd were here, sitting in silence. 

I looked at my friends, and they had the same expressions. Once the whole team got down, O'hara and Lloyd called us over. We sat down around the both as they paced the grass. 

"Okay girls, we're cancelling practice today, and probably the next day, because we got some news from the Police that Coach Press is missing," said O'hara. 

We all gasped and started whispering to one another. I was in complete shock and couldn't say anything. My hands went numb, and I couldn't feel the grass that was under me. How could I have let this happen?

Once everyone's voiced died down, O'hara continued, "Some neighbours saw her backdoor open, and called the police who checking in we're not going to get into details, but there was a mess throughout the first floor of her house." 

That was enough details for me. I couldn't breath, and wanted to start crying, but used my will against to do that. 

"We've began a search for her, but we wanted to tell you girls first. We have not gone public with this yet, and will soon. Probably tomorrow morning. I'd like to say I'm so sorry that this had to happen, and we will find her," Lloyd tried to reassure us, but I could tell she was having a hard time to convince that to herself. 

"So practice is cancelled like we said, and I implore you girls to support one another during this time," suggested O'hara. We all nodded, but me, and began to pack up and leave. 

I sat there, staring at the ground. I could feel a single tear go down my right cheek. I didn't cry outloud, but cried in silence. 

"Hey," I felt a hand on my back. I looked up to see Alex, "we're going to find her," she said. 

"I know, and we will," I said as I stood up and tried to convince her I was "okay". She gave me a brief, but warm hug before walking off with Sydney. 

The rest of my movements were slow, walking to my car was slow, driving felt slow, and talking felt even slower. I was in a haze that I couldn't see an end. 

------------------

I ended up at Snuffies, where of course there was only a couple of people. I sat at the bar stool and sat there with my untouched chocolate milkshake. My mind was racing at all the worst possibilities to my faults as her girlfriend. 

"Hey Tobin, you seem to be here pretty early with practice," said Marcus. 

"Didn't have it," I kept it short. 

I heard him shuffle around, "everything okay kiddo?" 

I stopped at my train of thought and just stared, "Christen's house got broken into," I started. 

"Another one, is she okay?" He sounded worried. 

I looked at him, and began to release all my emotions. I began to cry and I couldn't stop. I shook my head and tried to not make a lot of noises. I hated crying, especially in public. 

"Here here Tobin, why don't you come in the back?" He suggested. I nodded and walked to the back where I sat in the office and he closed the door. 

"Tell me what happened," he asked calmly. 

"Th-there was a br-break in... and Christen w-w-was t-taken!" I sobbed. 

"Oh come here," he said as I leaned in for confort. I sobbed into his shirt and couldn't stop. I felt my whole body shake, and I was unable to control my breathing. What I liked about Marcus was he was always here for me, and in times like this, he was the perfect family member to come to. 

After a few moments of more crying, I calmed myself a little and  rubbed the tears away. 

"There, that's better... now what can I do to help?" He offered. 

"Just keep an eye and ear for her I guess, or any news that you hear of her." 

"You got it, I got your back Tobin," he reassured me. I thanked him and gave him a hug. 

"But please, I know you like to take matters into your own hands, but please Tobin, don't go looking for her. Its dangerous and the police are on the hunt," Marcus pleaded. 

I couldn't make him any promises, but I nodded anways, "okay," I whispered, "I think I have to go though. I just need to be alone." 

"Of course kid, if ya want anything or just want to escape, my place is always open." 

As I left Snuffies, I drove back to my house and as soon I opened the door, I was met by my father and brother. 

"Tobin, thank god your back!" My dad hugged me. 

"Oof!" I wasn't quite ready for his bear hug, but soon hugged him back before pulling away. 

"What's going on?" I asked. 

"Well we got an email from the athletic director O'hara and heard about the terrible news. They haven't broad casted it yet but wanted the families to know first," my brother said, "I'm so sorry," he added at the end. I gave him a light smile. 

"If you need anything, just say it and we got you," my dad reassured me. 

I nodded, "okay, I think I just want to be alone right now if that's okay," I said as I began making my way to the stairs. 

"Okay, there was a package that came for you today, its in your room," my dad said. 

As soon as I closed my door, I gave a deep sigh before walking to find one of those big padded yellow envelopes on my desk. It said my name on it and it was unopened, so I knew my family didn't go in it. 

I opened it, and gasped as to what it was. Inside were pictures after pictures of me and Christen together alone. Either on the soccer pitch, at Snuffies, or at her house. There were pictures of us holding each other, kissing, and so on. 

I became very scared. If our secret got out, my life would be over. I found a small note at the bottom. 

Café at 4:30. You don't want to be late. 

I was shaking all over again, and I tried to stop. I quickly put the pictures back in the envelope, sealed it, and put it in my secret spot in my closet. I looked at the time and saw it was 4:10 so I needed to start heading over. 

I grabbed my coat and walked out. I didn't bother saying to my family where I was going, and they didn't even bother stopping me.

I sped off to the Café, and I was determined not to fail Christen. Again. 

-------------

As soon as I walked in, I didn't know who to find, so I sat down at a two-person table and waited. I knew I was early, but I didn't care. I felt my hands shaking, and I couldn't stop them. I quickly put them under the table so at least no one noticed. 

It was 4:33 and there was no sign of anyone. I became slightly worried, and was looking around, but no clue of a person. 

I turned around, and suddenly saw some woman come walking towards me. She wore jeans and a black shirt with a black leather jacket and her blonde hair flowing on her shoulders. 

She sat down without saying a word and leaned back in the chair. 

"Whe'res Christen?" I said through gritted teeth. 

"I knew Americans didn't have any manners. Its rude to not introduce yourself," she said. I was taken aback by this. 

"I really do hope Christen has told you about me," she said as she straightened up. I was confused as to what she was getting at, until it clicked. 

"You're Olivia, aren't you?" I connected. 

"Bingo, yes, I'm Olivia and I obviously know who you are, Tobin," she smiled. 

"What do you want, and again, where is Christen?" I asked impatiently. 

"Um no. I call the shots here. You're going to do exactly as I say, and if you aren't too careful, then your little secret relationship is going to be bathed on the newspaper and broadcasted just like that," as she snapped her fingers. 

"Does Kira know who you really are?" 

"She knows enough. I'm a soccer player and I came her to resolve some conflicts with Christen. We realized we basically have the same motives, so why not team up? Don't worry, we won't do anything too dramatic. Yet." 

"I swear to god if you hurt her..." 

"Oh look at that, you actually care for her, and I thought you were just trying to get into some teacher's pants," she bullied. 

"You hurt her, you're the next one who's going to feel pain," I hissed. 

"I like a good challenge Heath. So here'sone for you. If you can't find your girlfriend in the next 72 hours, then you're not going to hear from her again," she stated. 

"This is BS, I'm not standing for this." 

"Be careful with your words Tobin, or the time will dissapear," she warned. I stopped and knew she was right, "okay! Now we've got that sorted, I think I'll get myself a cup of coffee to go!" she said as she stood up and left me behind shoked. 

------------------

I knew what I had to do, but I was so scared to do so. I was outside on the front doorstep of Julie's and had texted Moe and Allie to come too. 

I was on the later side, so as I rung the doorbell, it opened and all three of them were there. 

"Tobin! We were confused when you said you wanted us to meet, but you weren't here," said Juie. 

"Y-yeah, weird..." I trailed off. 

"Everything okay Tobin?" 

I didnd't anwer and let myself in. Fortuently Julie's parents weren't in town, so I could say it out loud without worrying about them. 

"I need to tell you guys something," I started. 

--------------

"Holy shit," Allie said as she slowly let herself sit on the sofa. After I told them everything with Christen and I, which was a huge risk, they were all dead silent. 

"Please, say something." 

"I-I mean, this is big Tobin. How long has this been going on?" Asked Julie. 

"I don't know, about a month and a half now I think."

"Oh my god Tobin, a month and a half?!" She yelled. 

"Okay, I know what you guys are thinking, but I care about her!" I defended. 

"Yes Tobin, but she's basically a teacher. She's our COACH," said Julie. 

"It's not like I'm doing it for fun. Who do you think I am?" 

"Who else know?" Asked Allie. 

"No one, just you guys," was all I said. I heard faintly Julie whisper, 'jesus' and resting her head on her hands.

"Okay, let's just set this aside for now okay? Tobin has told us her stuff, and now she's asking for help. I think we need to," said Moe. 

Julie just stared at me, before turning her head away. I was heartbroken about this. 

"Where's the last place you saw her before she went missing?" Moe started asked. 

"Ummm... I was at her house," I looked up to see Julie's face recoil at the sound of me at Chris's houses, "and I hung out for awhile until I had to leave." 

"And that's when the breakin happened, right after you left they must've went in," said Allie. The thoguht of that made my heart ache. 

"Sorry," when Allie caught on. 

"We have to check her house, see if there is anything we can find," Moe. 

"Yeah, sounds good," I agreed. I was too much into my own world to make a plan. Thank god for Moe though. 

"You coming?" Asked Moe as she turned around to see Julie still sitting there. She pondered for a moment, and I really wanted her to come, but I wasn't going to pressure her. 

"Yes, I'll come," she said before grabbing her coat. I was releaved, but knew we would have a rough road ahead of us. 

We piled into the car, and drove off to Christen's house. I gave directions to Moe, and as soon as we reached her house, I saw tape around the house. 

I stepped out, and gasped. I walked closer and saw police officers everywhere. I overheard one say, "this must've all happened last night. There's traces of dried blood and spilled drinks on the floor," said the officer. 

I couldn't listen anymore and began walking towards the house. 

"Tobin, wait!" Hissed Moe as the three caught up to me. 

I walked into the house, and saw the living room a complete mess. I looked at the coffee table destroyed, chairs knocke down, and what scared me the most was blood on the floor. I put my hand up to my mouth, trying to not start crying. 

"Hey! You guys aren't supposed to be here!" Said one officer walkign towards us. 

"I'm sorry, but she's a close friend of mine, can you tell me what happened?" I asked him. 

"Sorry miss, I'm afraid I can't do that. But you all have to leave!" 

I knew I was at a dead end with this guy, but was not going to give up. I heard barking from the back and saw Morena on a leash that was being held by an officer. 

"Morena!" I called. She immedietely turned her head towards me and started pulling. The person let go quickly, and Morena charged towards me. She licked my face and almost knocked me down. 

"Ladies, I need to ask you guys to leave. NOW." Said the officer very sternly. 

"Okay, but I know this dog, can we just take her?" I asked, hoping he'd say yes. 

He thought about it, and then sighed, "until we either find Ms. Press or proper care, keep her." 

They forced us out, and as soon as we got out, we stood by Moe's car. 

"Ummm Tobin?" I heard Allie say pointing to Morena. 

'Oh sorry, this is Morena, Christen's dog," I said. The sight of her made me feel like a found a sliver of Christen. 

"That's sweet, but that won't get us very far," poitned Julie. 

"She's a dog, if I can get something that smells like Christen, she can find her," I said. 

"Oh, I think she can just smell you and that will be all good!" Joked Moe. 

"Hey! That's enough!" I said. 

"Well how are we going to get that when its surrounded by police?" Asked Allie. 

"I've already taken care of that," said Moe as she held out a watch. The watch Christen wears almost every day. 

"How did you get this?" I asked. 

"I read a lot of Sherlock, and I guess I had to do some reverse work there," she said pleased. 

"You know you just messed with evidence, right?" Julie said unamused. 

She shrugged, "yeah, but this is starting to get really fun!" 

"Okay, let's just focuse on our goal here," I said before taking it and making Morena sniff it, "find her girl, find Christen," I gently said to her. She then started to tug down the street, and I knew we were sarting off right. 

I'm going to find you Christen. I promise.  

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

77.7K 1.2K 49
Your a high school soccer star. You have a bright future ahead of you when the USWNT comes and watch your game. They think your amazing and talented...
6.6K 159 17
"I didn't know what had happened to me, but ever since the night before, I hadn't been able to stop thinking about her. The thought of our hands touc...
27.5K 416 30
Tobin and Christen Both have feelings for each other what happens when they admit they have feelings for each other.(This first takes place during 20...
18.9K 560 10
Paris and Luna are just starting Sophomore year of high school. They both love music and they both love soccer. Which path will they choose to follow...