A LOTUS BORN OF MUD

By QianHuaWrites

"Lu ShiZun... I like you." "I like you too XiaoYin." "... My kind of like is where we'd tumble in bed all day... More

Prologue - Farewell
CHAPTER 1- DON'T EAT MY HAIR!
CHAPTER 2 - NEW BODY, SAME MIND
CHAPTER 3 - WASTE NOT, WANT NOT
CHAPTER 4 - HABITS
CHAPTER 5 - SHE WHO HOLDS THE WHIP
CHAPTER 6 - FORESHADOW
CHAPTER 7 - ONE DISCIPLE IS ALL THE TROUBLE I NEED
CHAPTER 8 - A CURSE, A WOUND
CHAPTER 9 - ANOTHER PLATE OF DUMPLINGS PLEASE!
CHAPTER 10 - A KISS GOODNIGHT
CHAPTER 11 - THE FESTIVAL
CHAPTER 12 - A SINFUL DANCE
CHAPTER 13 - ONE THING LEADS TO ANOTHER
CHAPTER 14 - DRUNKEN PLAY
CHAPTER 15 - LAOZI STRIKES BACK
CHAPTER 16- REMEDY
CHAPTER 17-A FEW YEARS LATER
CHAPTER 18 -XIAO GUI THE 'SEER'
Author Crisis
CHAPTER 19 - A STORM IS COMING
CHAPTER 21- TOUGHER THAN A BULL
CHAPTER 22 - RECOVERED
CHAPTER 23 - I LIKE YOU ENOUGH TO WANT TO TAKE YOU TO BED, KIND OF LIKE
CHAPTER 24 - WHO ARE YOU?
CHAPTER 25 - HEATED NIGHT
CHAPTER 26 - THE WAIT
CHAPTER 27 - NOT THE SMALL BOY I USED TO BE
CHAPTER 28 - BAD PEOPLE WILL GET THE ENDING THEY DESERVE
CHAPTER 29 - A DISTANT VOICE
CHAPTER 30 - AFTER
CHAPTER 31 - SINCE THEN
CHAPTER 32 - CONFUSION+MISUNDERSTANDING=DRAMA
CHAPTER 33 - THE LAST DROP
CHAPTER 34 - LYING, LOATHSOME, LOVER
CHAPTER 35 - NO ESCAPE

CHAPTER 20 - LUCKY IT'S RAINING

6.5K 442 64
By QianHuaWrites

  A/N- Listening to this song should make it all the more emotional...p.s this instruments gives me shivers... the good kind XD.

...........................................................................................................

  Upon arriving at his residence, BiMing locked himself in his room, closed the windows and sat down on the floor ready to meditate

  He sat down cross-legged and closed his eyes. The enveloping light had dimmed along with his rage. BiMing breathed in through his nose.

  "Fuck."

  He sat there in the silence of his own house and tried to focus. But he could not. His thoughts kept wandering back to his disciple... ex-disciple whose cry could be heard when he left. The sounds sorrowful and filled with regret pinched at BiMing's heart... But he would not allow himself to care. XiuYin had crossed a line. 

  BiMing's brows furrowed as he sought after concentration. The regal-looking man blocked off all sounds of the outside world as he attempted to wash himself with spiritual energy inside out.

  It was due to this that BiMing did not hear the commotion at the bottom of the mountain. At the base of the mountain where people commonly go to travel to and from the mountain, there on the floor knelt XiuYin. Straight back and hands-on knees he stared at the rocky surface of the mountain a few feet from his face. The people around him began muttering, no doubt intent on taking this piece of gossip up the mountains.

  "What's the kid doing there?"

  "Looks like the shaming punishment."

  "What's that?"

  "When a disciple has wronged their master they will kneel for three days and three nights at the mountain base, no food or water."

  "Man, that sucks..."

  "That's not even the worst of it before the disciple kneels he must seal off his spiritual powers so he is also at the mercy of mother nature and mortality."

  The people not of the sect whistled at the intensity of the punishment but made no move to go and ask of the man's situation. Eventually, everyone got on with their business and by the hour it was common knowledge that a disciple was taking the shaming punishment and was not to be disturbed. 

  XiuYin ignored all voices around him and silently sent apologies and prayers to Lu ShiZun.

  Night time had come and BiMing couldn't take the silence anymore, normally he'd have XiuYin around tidying, or playing a game of cards with him. But now it was silent. BiMing didn't want to admit it but there was a clear line in the difference between when XiuYin was here. BiMing scoffed and muttered to himself, "So what if it's not him... I'll just go find another disciple... an obedient one, one without a blood loving disease or dirty thoughts....I'll go find a monk disciple!" BiMing stood hastily and threw on a thicker outer robe as he left to go wander the town. He didn't know what would be accomplished by him wandering outside but anythings better than a deafening silence.

  As his feet touched the ground at the base of the mountain, he gulped. Not far from him, kneeling on the ground was none other than XiuYin. The air grew heavy around BiMing and he decided to walk past as if he saw nothing. After all, XiuYin was now nothing to him, just a cast out disciple. 

  However as he breezed by, XiuYIn spoke, "Lu ShiZun?"

  Two steps past XiuYin backs facing each other, BiMing paused.

  "Lu ShiZun... This disciple will punish himself until ShiZun says stop... This disciple has wronged you terribly and will take the shaming punishment." 

  BiMing heard the sound of rustling clothes and from the corner of his eyes concluded that XiuYin was now kowtowing.

  "Take your sorry ass elsewhere, you're no longer my disciple to punish," BiMing said, in a dismissive tone before forcing his rigid legs to walk. He won't bend, he won't snap... not in a world where he has the power to choose, to do something for himself, BiMing will not be prey to his previous fate.

  "This ungrateful disciple will kneel three days, ten days, a month, a year... This disciple will kneel until he is forgiven!" XiuYin stated as he remained kowtowing, aware that Lu ShiZun was walking away.

  BiMing sped up. The heavy, grey clouds above rumbling with a promise of heavy rain as a small sprinkle of rain began to fall. BiMing's lips trembled as he kept walking. He will not yield to his emotions.

  BiMing wondered the colourful town like a ghost, the lights around him nothing more than ablur if he squinted a little he could almost tell himself he was in a modern day city. However, as time went, and the small sprinkle of water grew and became a downpour, lights went out and stores closed. Plunging BiMing back into darkness only accompanied by the odd flash of lightning and the persons running for cover with lanterns in hand. BiMing could've chosen to shield himself from the rain using spiritual power but he wanted to feel the cold drops of water on his heated skin, he wanted something to keep his mind grounded.

  As he rounded a corner he came upon a small group of people... or rather, after squinting through water drenched eyelashes, a small group ganging up on a man in white. The gang of men, all burly with muscles and dressed in tattered black was a great contrast to the man stood in white. He stood with hands slightly raised as if telling the gang of men to calm down. BiMing noticed immediately the reason why they must be harassing this man, not only was he fair looking but his hair, long strands escaping from a tight bun above his hair, with the flash of lightning, BiMing saw it was the oddest hue of red. Not a common type of hair colour. He was about to step in to help, nothing like venting anger on lowlife scum when in a bad mood when the auburn-haired man began kicking and shouting. But someone beat him to it, a tall man of imposing aura with a farmer's hat. BiMing leant against the wall with arms crossed and watched as events unfolded. The gang of men were quickly beaten by the man in the straw hat, he stepped over the bodies towards the auburn-haired man. BiMing extended his hearing as he was mildly interested in the two people's story. The pretty man seemed to have expressed his thanks and was going to walk away when the farmer's hat man spoke.

  "...You've left me for eight, long years... that's quite cruel JiaoLong ah..." BiMing scrunched his face and walked off immediately, he could hear the thick yearning in the man's voice, those two were definitely cut - sleeves no doubt. 

  Turn left, turn right they're fucking everywhere... Gimme a break! BiMing thought up to the heavens, as if mocking him, they only poured more rain on him. And so he stuck his middle finger up at the sky.

  When BiMing arrived back at the mountain base, his emotions were in a turmoil when he found XiuYin still kneeling. not an inch on him was dry. head hung low with a straight back he looked pitiful to any who saw.

  BiMing walked over and paused next to XiuYin. "The pendant." He said, coldly.

  "Lu ShiZun?"

  "You no longer have the right to have one of the entry pendants."

  XiuYin clenched his fists as he reached into his drenched robes and pulled out the pendant he kept close to heart all these years, it was like a second heart that resided next to his. He handed it over to Lu ShiZun's outstretched hand, careful not to make skin contact as much as he wanted to. However as soon as the pendant touched Lu ShiZun's hand it evaporated into shining, crystalized dust. XiuYin lowered his head again as he felt the clenching of his own heart.

  "Leave," BiMing grunted as he mounted his cloud.

  "Lu ShiZun, don't I even have the right to take punishments of my wrongdoings?" 

  "...No."

  BiMing didn't stay any longer, he urged the cloud to ascend, but not before he heard XiuYin's last words.

  "Then I'll have to disappoint Lu ShiZun once more..."

  BiMing was glad that he had not shielded himself from the rain. 

  Otherwise, he'd know for sure that the salty water at the edge of his lips came from his eyes.

......................................................................................................................................

A/N- phew... I got a wee bit emotional writing that... it's all the music's doing... emotional ah!!

And for those who've read kidnapped by the bandit... see what I did there? hahaha, nothing  like a little cross over 😎

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

31.1K 1.1K 15
" I know he is alive .my wei ying couldn't leave me he is alive.. wei ying where are you " lanzhan continue chanting those hopeful word about his lov...
139K 3.5K 11
A light novel. [Republishing] Officially Yizhan. I always prefer strong characters and switching. Xiao Zhan and Wang Yibo romance fanfic. It's more...
6.4K 581 14
"Shi Zun! Now you owe me you know." Shi Ying frowned as his hold on his rose-patterned umbrella tightened. "What do you want?" He asked without turni...
165K 6.9K 101
Historical Romance Wang Lei, a powerful and unbeatable Emperor of the Wang Dynasty. He is famous, and brave and people fear him. He is known to be...