Bleeding Shadows

By Kittychan89

It's been three hundred years since the emergence of a vampire virus. A virus which only affected unborn male... More

Authors Notes
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Epilogue

Chapter 6

2.1K 120 4
By Kittychan89

Nothing.

The complete absence of all senses, not even blackness exists in this void of absolute nothingness.

I have no idea how long I've been floating out here. The passage of time is but an illusion. But I'm calm and content, blissful even. No annoying thoughts or pain, just eternity.

I was drawn from my serenity when I heard a murmur. Which prompted the thought "What's that?" When was the last time I actually had a thought?

As I listened the murmurs became whispers, before forming into words I struggled to hear.

Someone was speaking, a male voice by the sound of it. "Don't worry your pretty pink head." The male said. "Soon you'll be like us, loving and worshipping Her Majesty."

As I listened the voice became clearer. I realised there was something not quite right about the speaker, as well as wondering what this feeling was.

"Curiosity." A small voice said to me. So I'm curious about the not quite right guy. I couldn't remember the last time I felt anything.

I decided to call the voice 'NQR guy' as not quite right guy is a mouthful, even to think in your head. Following the direction my curiosity was taking me, I focused back on what the NQR guy was saying.

"That's right, don't fight it." The guy seemed to purr. At the same time I started to hear another noise. Which sounds oddly like a woman whimpering.

There was a sudden noise as NQR yells out in pain.

"YOU BITCH! How DARE you bite me." Followed by a loud bang. But it didn't stop there, A woman screamed in terror and a different woman yelled "How dare you make her into a drone." Before she grunted, obviously punched somewhere.

But I didn't really hear the last part. My mind had stopped at the scream. I would recognize that scream anywhere. It was my best friend Leah. She is scared and most likely in pain.

Curiosity was suddenly taken over by a second emotion. Anger. No. Rage. Blinding red RAGE. How DARE anyone hurt my Leah.

The conversation was still going on and it sounded like the second girl was trying to struggle, but I wasn't hearing it anymore. I was in my own world of white hot rage as my heart rate increased and I let out a growl so low and guttural, it should have come from a wolf or wild animal.

All noise and movement stopped. I opened my eyes slowly and deliberately as the world around me came into sharp view at ultra fast speed.

Jake was in the middle of a clearing, holding Leah by her hair. In his other hand was an empty syringe he'd clearly just used on Leah. Leah was looking at him with a terrified expression on her face. Tears streaming openly down her cheeks. There were others in the clearing as well, but my full attention was on the object of my hatred as he looked like he'd seen a ghost.

I went to take a step towards him as I noticed that my arms and legs were bound by something.

Paying the restraints no mind, I continued to move forward and broke the restraints like they were threads of silk in my eagerness to get to Jake.

I crossed the distance between us in the blink of an eye. Jake seemed even more shocked that I was suddenly in front of him, than he did at my existence.

I shot my hand out and casually broke the wrist that was holding Leah. She suddenly fell as Jake retracted his hand in pain, but I caught her and lowered her gently to the ground.

Once I was sure Leah was safe I got back up, stepped over to Jake and grabbed him by his face before slamming him into the nearest tree. All at close to the speed of sound.

He screamed as the back of his head crashed into the hard wood of the tree. It was music to my ears, but my anger wasn't going to let him off the hook this easily.

He was attempting to fight back as I slowly and deliberately raised my hand to his mouth and through sheer strength, started forcing it inside. He tried to bite down on my hand of course, but it did little in the way of actually being able to hurt me.

When I had most of my hand inside his mouth with just my thumb sticking out and grabbing his chin, I looked into his eyes. He was terrified and completely powerless, which only made the edges of my mouth rise as my anger purred.

I started to move my entire hand in a downwards motion. Savouring the feeling of his flesh ripping and tearing as his bottom jaw was completely torn off. The screaming that ensued was music to my ears, but I quickly tired of it and rendered him unconscious.

Jake fell to the ground, not dead but in an extreme amount of pain. I casually tossed the bottom half of his jaw on top of him. My anger enjoying the sight before me.

Apparently this was also the cue for the 15 or so guys in the clearing, that I'd previously ignored, to attack me all at once. Charging in like maniacs, trying to get revenge for their boss. Not that they helped him when it mattered.

To say that it wasn't a fair fight would be an understatement. Thirty seconds after they tried to swarm me, there were 15 dead bodies at my feet. One had the back of his skull caved in while another had his arms ripped off. One unlucky guy had even been beheaded in an instant when I threw him into a tree with enough force to take his head off.

But the most unfortunate out off all of them were the 4 or so guys I killed by grabbing one of their friends by his feet, and beating them with their friend, until they were dead.

As I stood in the middle of the carnage, I looked around properly for the first time since I opened by eyes. Leah had managed to move herself to the edge of the clearing. Audrey was still chained to the tree but her gag was off as she looked at me, mouth wide open in terror.

Chained on another tree next to Audrey was Rhys. His eyes partly closed as blood slowly dripped from his forehead. It looks like he turned up to the party to resolve the noise complaint and got too close to this clearing.

My anger ebbed away and the reality of what had just happened, as well as what I'd just done set in. I looked at the broken pile of corpses around me and screamed in terror, before jumping away. I landed on my feet but immediately fell to my knees, the shock of seeing the bodies sapped the energy I needed to stand.

As I fell to my knees I spotted my half eaten heart lying on the ground near the tree I was previously tied to. Despite being able to feel my heart beating in my chest. Looking down at my chest revealed a shirt that had been torn open, exposing my bra and lots of perfectly smooth skin. As if Jake had never torn my heart out.

I fell onto all four limbs and puked my guts up. My body trying to force me to keep spewing long after my stomach was empty. The sickening smell of blood driving the need.

Just as my body was finally convinced that there was nothing left in it to throw up, I felt someone gently pull my hair back and put a comforting hand on my shoulder.

I look up to realise that Leah had moved from the edge of the clearing and is now kneeling right beside me. She still looked terrified as she pulls me up into a kneeling position and wraps her arms around me tightly.

"I thought you were dead." She sobbed into my shoulder. "I've never been so scared."

I just held her for a minute or so before I noticed that Audrey obviously wanted to ask for help so she can get out of her chains, but was too scared of me to try. Rhys was beyond consciousness and needed to go to the hospital immediately.

I untangled myself from Leah. As much as I wanted to give her the comfort she currently needs, there are others here who need the attention far more desperately.

I help a still crying Leah to her feet and as I glance into her eyes, making sure she's ok enough to not fall over when I let her go. I noticed that she's now got a glowing green ring around the outside of her iris.

I filed that under the 'things to freak out about later' tab in my brain, before quickly searching the bodies for keys. Which I found on the second body I tried.

I unshackled Audrey. The moment she was free she started back to Jake's house as fast as her legs would carry her.

After Audrey disappeared I proceeded to carefully and gently free Rhys. I signalled for Leah to come and help me with him as we both managed to get Rhys on my back, piggyback style, without hurting him anymore then he already was.

We turned and without saying anything, started to walk back to the house where the police and treatment for Rhys was. It was weird being quiet and walking slowly, considering the circumstances. But somehow speech was unnecessary, and we didn't want to hurt Rhys further by moving to fast.

About a quarter of the way back to the house, that was still bathed in the red and blue flashing lights of the police cars, I clearly saw Audrey running back to us. I was surprised to see that she was coming back alone.

"Hey," I greeted Audrey, weariness from all the events of the evening evident in my voice. It was funny, when she got to us, she sure didn't seem to be afraid anymore.

"Is Rhys ok?" She asked. I nodded in response.

"I wonder where they know each other from?" I thought to myself as Audrey came up beside me to inspect the wound on Rhys's head.

What I wasn't expecting was once Audrey got beside me, she took a syringe she'd been hiding and injected me with it's full contents in one graceful movement.

For the second time in half an hour, my world went dark. The last thing I heard was Audrey giving urgent instruction to Leah. "Catch her, I've got Rhys." Before the power of the drugs in that syringe pulled me under into darkness.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

884K 39.6K 44
***HIGHEST RANKING IN VAMPIRE*** #3 - 26-9-2018 #4 - 13-8-2018 and 23-09-2018 #5 - 29-8-2018 and 5-9-2018 "What happened?" It's all I can muster at t...
14.3K 690 27
A vampire who has given up on love at last have a shot at happiness? Can a woman with secrets of her own embrace, accept, and love the mysterious wom...
190 28 11
Based off the game Vampire The Masquerade Bloodlines! Can be read without knowing anything of/playing the game girl reader x Jeanette plus plot :) "O...
8.9K 559 35
"You were born a Vampire Hunter. You were trained one and above all, you got some freaky spell on you that binds you to the Vampire princess. And sti...