The Ruka Wild ↠ Book 3 > A:TL...

By xdistantwords

( third book in The Ruka Wild series ) Heartbroken and alone, Ruka is sent to the Boiling Rock where she face... More

Extended Summary
00
01
02
03
04
05
06
07
08
09
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35

24

16.5K 659 75
By xdistantwords

Ruka (3)

Just after we finished the plan and everyone got in their places, I told Sokka I'd meet him later.

"Wait, you're not staying? Where are you going?" He asked me.

"I have something I need to take care of." I said. "I'll met you at the cooler, just like we planned."

Sokka nodded hesitantly. "Be careful."

>>>

It didn't take me long to find Hiko and Reign. I went back to the lounge to see if there was a chance they were still there and luckily, they were.

I walked to the table and cleared my throat, interrupting their conversation. They both turned to me. Reign cocked her brow, "Uhm, yes?"

"Can I talk to you both?" I asked.

Hiko glanced at Reign before nodding. "Sure. You're one of the new ones, right?"

Slowly, I took my helmet off. I brushed my hair back from my face then held the helmet against my stomach. "I'm sorry to interrupt."

Both Hiko and Reign's eyes widened.

He shot up from his seat and moved out from the table. "Ruka?! Wh-"

I shushed him quickly. "Let's keep our voices low, yeah?"

"What are you doing here?!" Hiko finished but in a loud whisper.

"Can't believe you're dumb enough to come back." Reign said as she stood up. We both looked at each other with no expression for a moment before she pulled me into a small hug. "Nice to see you again, kid."

I hugged her back. "It's nice to see you too." When we pulled away, I softly smiled. "Thank you for everything," I then looked back at Hiko. "The both of you. You two didn't give up on me and I'll forever be grateful."

Reign nodded slowly with a half-smile. "You put on some weight, good for you." She sighed while giving my shoulder a squeeze. "I'll leave you two to talk."

As she turned around and walked away, I stopped her. "Uh, Reign?"

When she turned back around with her brows raised, I continued. "You never saw me... please?"

She shook her head, smirking. "Wouldn't be the first time I broke a rule for you. Good luck, kid."

"Are you going to explain to me now what you're doing here?" Hiko asked me again. I sat down at the table and he did the same, across from me. I place my helmet at the end of the table.

"Sokka and I came here to find our father. We heard the Boiling Rock mostly holds war prisoners, but he's not here." I said. "So now we're trying to find a way out."

"You were able to find your family." He smiled. "I'm happy for you."

I returned the manner. "Thank you."

Hiko scoffed, "Did you know Prince Zuko's here? Serves him right."

I rubbed the back of my neck. "Yeah... he's actually with us."

His eyes widened. "What?! But after everything-"

"I know, I know. It still shocks me." I then shrugged. "But he's changed and he's supposed to be Aang's new teacher."

"And what about you?" He crossed his arms. "Will your history remain historical?"

"I- I'm not exactly sure yet. I'm just taking it day by day right now. I need to worry about my health - mentally and physically."

"And how are you doing right now?"

"The last few days I've been feeling... normal. In a very good way if if that make sense?"

Hiko looked at my eyes back and forth in thought before cracking a barely noticeable smile. "You need him."

I furrowed my brows. "What?"

"You need him. Zuko - you need him."

I scoffed, shaking my head. "No I- no I don't. I don't need Zuko. I don't understand why you think that."

"He's the one that broke you... but he's also the one that can put you back together." He grabbed the helmet on the table then stood up. He stepped in front of me, "If he's changed, like you said, then let him Ruka." Hiko places the helmet back onto my head. "Let him put you back together. It's the least he could do."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

272K 6.8K 36
Kya, Sokka's twin, and Kataras's older sister. She holds a cold glare to everyone around her, often being misunderstood. She sensitive but holds a f...
91.7K 2.6K 57
Ivana was the granddaughter of a highly respected fire nation general. She grew up playing and sparring in the palace with Prince Zuko. They'd been f...
71.4K 2K 20
AN AVATAR : THE LAST AIRBENDER FANFICTION BOOK I : WATER "You-You're alive?" ~~~~ "Expecting someone else?" ~~~~ "Wait don't go!" ~~~~ "We were ne...
332K 10K 30
BOOK 3 OF 3. Read books 1 and 2 (So much More and Wild Fires) ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------- It'...