Love After the Streets

By _jasthewriter

You can take the man out the hood, but you can't take the hood out the man. Every time we're trying to do bet... More

1.) Welcome Back
2.) Withdrawal
3.) Yearning
4.) Lovers lane
5.)
6.) The Meeting
7.) Enjoy The Ride
8.) Don
9.) Dirty Delta
10.) Almost
11.) Walking Dead?
12.) Meet Again
13.) Take It Slow
14.) Memory what?
15.) Breathe Again
16.) Best Friend
17.) And so it begins
18.) San man
19.)
20.) Be Love
21.) Letting it out pt.1
22.) Letting it out pt.2
23.) War Pretest
24.) Little detailed
25.)
26.) OGs?
27.) What's tea?
29.) Special Delivery
30.) Week 1
31.)
32.) Skylar
33.)
34.) Flashback...
35.)
36.)
37.)
38.)
39.)
40.)
Chapter 41.)
Chapter 42.)
Chapter 43.) August...
Chapter 44.) Many years ago
Chapter 45.) August 1993
Chapter 46.) Dive a Little Deeper

28.) Invites

2.6K 133 134
By _jasthewriter

SKYLAR
August 31st

Rolling over in bed, Sky felt around for her phone and sat up.

"Shit." She cursed squinting her eyes due to the brightness.

Sliding the screen up, she cut her brightness down then went and checked her messages.

Auntie J: Good morning love, I know this day will be hard for you, so I came over and picked up Bre. I hope August is well. Call if you need me.

Uncle Nate: I know I just got here, but call me when you see this.

Baddest Bitch T: Nell and August are gone... I'll be over soon.

Looking to her left, Sky frowned seeing that indeed August wasn't here.

Sighing, she went down and read her other messages.

Lil Nate: Call me lil girl, I love you. Smiling, she read the rest of her message thread then went ahead and called Nate Sr.

It was 8 in the morning, she hoped she would've woken up to August.

"Sleeping Beauty is up." He spoke and she laughed softly.

"Good morning crazy man, I got your message."

"Did you get any sleep?" He asked and she laid back and rubbed at her eyes.

"Yeah, a little. Where's Bre?"

"Her and August nieces are up in di room sleep." He replied and she sat up.

"When did they get there?"

"Six dis morning, Nell dropped dem off. Said Chandra needed some alone time." He informed and she nodded slowly.

"Oh ok... I guess I'll just get my day started." She spoke getting back up. "Are yuh ok wit dis day? It seems like it would have a toll on yuh as well."

"Yeah... I'll be fine Uncle Nate, Trina's coming over with Dayvon." She assured.

"Alright, just call mi later ok?"

"I will, thank you." She replied before they hung up.

After replying back to Trina she got up and headed into the bathroom to start her day.

**

"Did Nell seem ok?" Sky asked Trina as they sat in the living room.

Giving Dayvon another piece of banana, he tried to feed it to Sky but she shook her head.

"Surprisingly, he was fine this morning." She replied and Sky nodded.

"He always seems leveled in situations like these." Sky spoke as she handed Dayvon another banana piece.

"Take a lot of practice and strength." Trina said as she looked at the photo of Mel August had on the table.

"When do you want to start planning the wedding?"

"Let's wait until we get all dis crazy shit out the way." She replied and Sky nodded.

"I can't believe got rid of the damn cat."

"It was about time. August ass was walking around sneezing like he was finna die and if that damn thing laid on his dick one more time, that would've been her kitten ass." Sky stressed and Trina busted out laughing.

"Bro told us you were jealous but damn sis, I ain't believe it."

"Girl that damn kitten sat on his dick more times than I can count, lil freak." She replied and Trina threw her head back laughing.

"Sis!" She giggled and Trina laughed as well.

"I'm for real T, and he rubbed it in my face every chance he got." She spoke and Trina just laughed.

"August knows he's wrong for dat." Trina told her and Sky laughed.

"Girl his ass thought it was funny."

**

SEBASTIÁN

"Got someone here for you boss." Dennis, Sebastián's bodyguard announced.

"Let him in." He replied placing his feet on the desk and leaned back.

In walked a beaten Pedro.

"What the hell happened to you?"

"Ran into some trouble while trying to get the damn target." He spoke limping towards the sofa and plopped down.

"What trouble?" Sebastián asked.

"The damn Nola crew, all of them are family." He replied holding his side.

"Familia?" He questioned and Pedro nodded.

"Hmm" he hummed clasping his hands together.

"So the Nola Men has a living legend in the family? Interesting..."

"What's the plan now?" Pedro ask sitting up, "Let's invite them to a ballroom dance." He replied smirking and Pedro furrowed his brows.

"They won't accept anything from you." He stated and Sebastián chuckled.

"I never said where it would come from."

**

NATE Sr.

"Uncle Nateeee!" Bre sang as she pranced around holding a caprisun.

"Yes pretty gyal?" He answered flipping the pork chops over.

"Did you know Uncle Melvin?" She asked grabbing the stool and pulled over towards him and stood on it to watch him cook.

"I did not, I wish I have." He answered slicing the bell pepper up.

"I wish I did." She replied before drinking her juice.

"Wah does di gyals say?"

"That he was Superman, like you uncle Nate! Isn't that awesome?!" She beamed and he smiled nodding.

"It is."

"What are you cooking? J bug says you don't like her cooking." She spoke and he laughed.

"Shi said dat?" He asked and she nodded picking up the sliced bell pepper and ate it.

"I do like her cooking, J bug was just playing." He told her and she gave him the famous look Sky always does.

Chuckling, Nate picked up a banana and gave it to her.

"Go ask di munchkins if they want a snack." He told her as he helped her down from the stool.

Nodding, she smiled before running out the kitchen.

Smiling to himself, Nate moved the stool out the way and placed the peppers into to skillet.

"Smells good." Jenna complimented leaning on the wall.

"Mhm, a likkle birdie told mi, yuh tink I don't like yur food."

"Is that so?" She questioned walking into the kitchen with a smirk on her face.

"Mhm." He hummed wrapping his arms around her and she smiled.

"I just told her a story about how you liked your parents food better than mine, I guess she took it a different way."

"Yuh know dat gyal iz krazi about yuh, shi would literally beat mi in mi sleep." He spoke and she busted out laughing.

"Don't do my niece like that, she loves you just as much she loves me."

"Yeah ok." He replied pouring the pasta into the skillet.

"So what's for dinner tonight chef?" She asked looking at what he had so far.

"Pork chops for di kids, lamb smothered in gravy for us and hopefully Sky. Pasta mixed with green and red peppers, a likkle bit of garlic and shrimp. For dessert, there's a choice of cornbread, apple pie or sweet potato pie."

"What are the other sides?" She asked pointing to the pot.

"Cheese broccoli, corn on di cob and homemade mac."

"Got a— uncle Nate?!" Bre called rushing into the kitchen.

"Yes?"

"Kaykay wants watermelon wedges, Chay says she wants hot fries and Amaiya wants a banana." She announced partially out of breath.

"Whew!" She added fanning herself and Nate and Jenna laughed.

"Dat is yur kin." He chuckled as Jenna went to gather the snacks.

"She's yours as well." She replied and he smiled.

"No argument there."

**

SKYLAR
Later that day

"Hey.." Sky greeted when August walked in the room.

"Hey." He mumbled heading for the shower. Nell knocked before walking in. "Wassup lil Harlem?"

"Hey, everything ok?" She asked sitting up. "Better than last year, but Trina's tired and lil man getting cranky, I'll call you later aight?" He replied after hugging her.

"Did you talk to Chandra?"

"Yeah, she asked OG if da girls could stay da night. She doesn't wanna be bothered today." He answered.

"Trina and I called her but she wouldn't answer and Q said he texted her and got no reply."

"Yeah, she's taking it hard dis year." He replied. "How bout you? How are you holding up?" She asked.

"I'm doing good, da last memory I have of bro was him being happy, so I'm cool with dat." He assured.

"Ok, if you wanna talk just call me." She told him as she followed him out the room.

"I'm good sis, Aug needs you." He informed as they made their way into the living room.

Trina was getting Dayvon situated in the car seat.

"I'll call you later ok?"

"Ok, y'all be safe." Sky replied walking them to the door.

Waving, she waited until they pulled off before she closed the door.

Heading inside the living room, Sky picked up her ringing phone.

"Hey Uncle Nate." She greeted answering the FaceTime call.

"Hey, I'm cooking dinner, did yuh eat yet?" He asked.

"No, but I took out a pack of chicken."

Chuckling, he turned the camera around to show her what he made.

"I cyaah fix some plates for yuh and August?" He suggested.

"I'll come and get it, August isn't in the mood." She told him.

"He's there?"

"Yes, he just got in about five minutes ago." She answered.

"Ok ok, don't come, I'll ask yur Uncle G if he doesn't mind." He assured.

"Ok, I'll let August know, how's the girls?"

"Pretty good, I think I'll have dem ova often." He replied and she laughed.

"You really love kids huh?"

"Yeah I do, I always wanted a likkle gyal, so I have one in each of dem you know?" He replied and she smiled nodding.

"Well, in a way, you can claim me as yours." She joked and he chuckled.

"Trust mi, I already have."

**

MACE
That evening

"Ignoring another call huh?" He asked Courtney as they sat in her living room watching tv.

"Do you ever mind your business?" She retorted putting her drink down.

"How if it's going off da hook? Just answer it, I'm sure it's one of yo niggas." He stated and she rolled her eyes.

"Jealous?"

"Nah, unlike you I'm cool with sleeping around without catching feelings." He insulted.

"But yet you're here, with me."

"Because you called my ass or did you forget?" He replied smirking.

"Nigga if you don't wanna be here the door is over there."

Chuckling, Mace placed his feet on her table and leaned into the cushion.

"So make me leave then." He challenged, rolling her eyes, she got up and headed out the living room.

Laughing to himself, Mace paused the movie and got up, helping himself inside her kitchen.

The ringing of her doorbell stopped his actions.

"Don't you answer my door, take yo ass upstairs." She gritted jogging down the stairs.

"Kiss my ass with allat." He replied making his way towards the door and she pulled his arm.

"Upstairs or so help me God I'm calling Nell." She warned, looking her over, he smirked.

"He'll kill us both sweetheart, I think you value your life." He replied before walking into the kitchen.

Shaking her head, she cut the porch light on then opened the door.

"Your invitation ma'am." The unknown delivery guy spoke as he handed Courtney a very decorated golden envelope.

"My what?" She asked looking it over.

Opening it, she pulled the card out and read it over.

"Hey!" She called as he walked back to the black car.

"What?" Mace asked coming up behind her.

Turning around, she snatched the honey bun from his hand and pushed him back.

"I told yo stupid ass to stay back."

"What you scared of getting caught?" He teased.

"Make dis da last time I call your ass over." She gritted looking the invitation back over.

"Long as I got a dick, you'll be calling."

*
*
*

Uh oh

What y'all think?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

113K 2.9K 41
Do you ever wonder what life would be like if it were a movie? Or some sappy romance novel that you wish your life could be like but it's not? Someti...
18.5K 1.3K 24
"Where the hustle brings the dollar." In a city full of money, sex, and drugs..you will get swallowed whole. In Amir Brooks and Asshir Robinson's per...
312K 19K 64
NOTE: THIS IS A SEQUEL TO EYES ON US STORY! PLEASE READ BOOK ONE FIRST BEFORE READING THIS ONE. STORY ARE FOR MATURE AUDIENCES ONLY! ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~...
1.7K 29 44
Jaliyah 'Blu' Washington and her brothers are your definition of the grind. at 19 , 20 , and 23 years old , she and her two older brothers have done...