I Thought Real Men Don't Dance

Por pollykilroy

Ever since Jayce Lloyd was a little girl, she was dancing. Her mother used to say that instead of learing to... Más

''I thought real men don't dance''
I thought real men dont dance
i thought real men dont dance
i thought real men dont dance (incase it didn't upload properly)
I thought real men dont dance

''I thought real men don't dance''

639 3 2
Por pollykilroy

Well, basically, I'm not toooooooo used to writitng.

I may not write any more of this, so if you could just, tell me what you think, in a comment, or something,

saying if i should do any more of this story.

this is my first Wattpad story, so pleeaasee tell me what you think... it would mean a whole freaking lot :)

thanks, loveyou all ♥

Polly:L

Chapter One

Backstage I paced up and down nervously, knowing that my name was next to be called out. I could hear the music of the person before me, thumping through the floor, and shaking the tables. 'Baby I like it' by Enrique Iglesias. Honestly, I wasn't so fond of that song. I was more into bands like The Pretty Reckless, and Paramore. I also liked what my friend Emily called 'Pretty Music' (people like Regina Spektor, and Colbie Caillat). The song finally ended. I momentarily stopped breathing. I looked over at James, who was content with playing Mario Kart. Didn't he see how badly I was freaking out? Jeez... I heard a few voices saying something I couldn't quite make sense of. After a short while, a tall girl with straight black hair, that fell down to her waist, strutted away in mega high heels, (what I would call Stripper Shoes...) Jesus! How the hell could she dance in those?

"Jayce Lloyd? You're on." Said a short woman, who had spiky red hair. I stood by the side of the stage, taking deep shaky breaths.

"CD, miss?" The woman extended her hand.

"Oh! Right, yes, here!" As I gave it to her, I nearly dropped it I was shaking so much.

"Don't worry, Pet, it's not that bad once you're on there. Trust me." She smiled at me kindly.

"Mr Lloyd?" A man barked from somewhere in the auditorium.

I skittered on stage. Looking wildly around. The stage was very wide, with a high ceiling, painted in a sparkling gold. The thousands of scarlet seats that stretched out forever in front of me where all empty save for 5. Near the front, in the middle of a row.

"Oh, pardon me! We were expecting a boy!" A man with small glasses perched on the end of his beaky nose said sheepishly.

"Oh, it's okay. I get it a lot," I laughed nervously.

"I should imagine." Snapped an old woman, whose grey hair was scrapped back into a tight bun. "Shall we start now?"

I nodded so enthusiastically I honestly thought my head going to fall off.

God, these were an unfortunate looking bunch of people weren't they? I thought to myself.

I looked to my left, at the spiky haired woman, and gave her the thumbs up. The music started and I began to move. Slow at some bits, and fast in others. I twisted and turned, and leapt and sprang all over the stage. I hit almost all the beats perfectly, and when the song ended, I wanted to do it again. After the music stopped there was just silence for a few seconds, before a very short clap.

"Thank you, Miss Lloyd. If you would hand your information form to Susanna on your way out, we will let you know in 2 weeks."

"Thank you so much for you time." I gazed once more around the luxurious theatre before I walked briskly off the stage. I felt slightly numb, but amazing, at the same time. I saw Susanna and handed her my form. As soon as James saw me, I was attacked by a giant bear hug.

"Waa-! James! Gerroff!" I shoved the 6ft 2 boy away playfully.

"Sorry Kiddo..." He laughed ruffling my hair.

James was my big brother; he had indigo eyes, and scruffy brown hair. He was truly enormous. He was at the gym every day, working on his 'pecks' (as he called them).

"James, did you even watch me? Or where you kicking someone's ass in Mario?" I raised an eyebrow.

"Corse I watched, I'm not that bad of a big brother! But yeah, I did kick some M.K but." He winked at me. He is such a kid, especially as he is 3 years older than me, (before you ask, he is 19, and I'm 16)

"How did it go? Was it okay? Did I do well?" I bombarded him with questions the minute we were out of earshot of the stage.

"Jayce, you were amazing. I don't know much about dance, but if you don't get into that school, then their all idiots, who don't know what they've lost." He smiled down at me. "Now, c'mon... let's go get something to eat!" He thumped my back and sprinted off ahead.

I sighed, following at a less eager pace. I zoned out for a minute or two, turning the corner a few minutes after James. Now, I'm not sure if you know this or not, but absent minded walking is never a good idea, not even at the best of times. I felt someone pull me back suddenly. Snapping out of my day dream, I noticed I was stood at the edge of the pavement, just about to step onto a busy main road. James was nowhere to be seen. I stared at the hand that was preventing me from going anywhere. My eyes followed the arm up to the persons face. The boy had moss green eyes, with flecks of chocolate, and messy blonde hair. His skin was lightly tanned and his face was perfectly structured. Damn. He was HOT!

"Jesus, Woman! Watch where you're going! You almost walked out in front of that bloody car!" His eyes where wide with concern. Awwrh, he was concerned about me! I mentally slapped myself

"Sorry, I was off in my own little world..." I said lamely.

"Yeah, well, make sure you don't stay there too long, or next time a devastatingly handsome stranger may not be able save you again." A small smirk creeped onto his lips. He had nice lips...

*JAYCE STOP IT!* Dayum... who was that?

*I, am what some people would call a conscience, a permanent sense of reason, a firm hand to stop you being a total idiot, a-*

yeah, whatever, 'conscience' 'inner voice' thing. I get it.

"Hmm, I wish a devastatingly handsome stranger had saved me this time," I shot back, whipping that smirk off his face. He seemed to be lost for words. "Well, bye!" I chirped and skipped past him, towards the nearest McDonalds. Where there was fast food, there was James.

"Hey! Wait!" The boy called after me. I slowly turned around to see him strolling towards me. He was wearing a black coat and a green scarf, his faded jeans clung to him in just the right way. He was perfection, on legs.

"I waited, now make it snappy." Wow, that sounded so much flirtier in my head...

"I was going to ask what your name was." He grinned at me. I bet he had a six pack.

*FOR CHRIST SAKE JAYCE YOU DON'T EVEN KNOW THIS GUY! HE COULD BE A HOMOICIDAL MANIAC FOR ALL YOU KNOW!* my inner voice shouted.

"Jayce"

*don't say your last name...*

"Jayce...?" He stepped slightly closer, leaving his the end of his question hanging in the air.

"Jayce Lloyd"

*Oh, good job, Jayce, now he's going to hunt you down and turn you into mu shu pork.*

"Just in case you were wondering, my names Tristan Renn-" He started

"I wasn't."I stated simply

"Wasn't what?" Tristan looked slightly confused.

"Wondering what your name was. But thanks anyway." I grinned like a bumbling idiot at him.

*liar* my voice hissed.

"Oh for Christ sake, just go away!" I shot back. Tristan looked a bit hurt. "No! No, no not you! My, uhh, phone keeps going off!" I quickly covered up my random outburst.

"What are you doing over this side of London then?" He eyed me carefully. "You don't look like your from round here!"

"Oh, I am English. Aparently I look French, or something. I just came from a dance audition for SLSD"

"Really? I know that place.." He laughed lightly

"Do you dance?" My eyes lit up, excited. Maybe there would be someone I knew at that school if i got in!

"Psshh! Are you kidding? Real men don't dance! They do menly things, like... like... football, and beer drinking competitions!" His voice dropped an octave as he said the last bit.

"Oh right.." I rolled my eyes.

"Okay, well, see you around, Jayce." He smiled over his shoulder at me, as he turned to walk away.

*He is defiantly going to kill you. Did you see that psychotic smile?* The stupid voice said, matter-of-factly.

"I'm in the yellow pages by the way." I called after him.

*What. The. Hell. Jayce?* my inner voice sounded annoyed. I decided I was going to call it Trevor. Trev for short.

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

2.5K 73 29
Lloyd Garmadon is the outcast at school but that all changes when Khloe Brown moves into Ninjago.
1.7K 70 39
January "Jay" Brewer has always been the tomboy of her group of friends. She was the girl who always gave advice on guys but never liked them. But w...
811 29 11
Scarlet Watt has a lot of energy. Her mom has tried everything possible to contain it. Even after signing her up for every sport offered, there hasn'...
13K 51 32
(Finished) Caitlyn, Matt, Daniel and their family move to New Hampshire leaving Prodigy and the gang in California, Matt and Caitlyn attend Brookston...