A Life I Could Never Dreamed...

By himani1411

Mahabharata. A tale of victory of Justice over injustice. A tale of sacrifices. A tale of diplomacy. The tale... More

something about me
Surprise gift. but for whom?
meddling with time?
A special chapter
An official meeting
meetings the pandavas
expecting the unexpected
what's right thing to do?
A little talk
its been days...
Gouri pujan
the ratings
the incrwonation
leaving Hastinapur...
hell broke loose..
the ratings
journey to Dwarka..
Reunion with Kahna
Journey continues
who am i?
Truths
ranking
where is Adrika?
New Avatar
New place dynamics
author's note...
Adrika
The Strategist Role
the talk
A Chalenge
Here It Is..
Return to the time line...
some confusion
Major heart break
Fall out
It's becoming complicated.
Big Dissions
Journey to Hasthinapur once again
A Time Changing Friendship
Business deal
Truth
His for ever
Khandavprasth
Indraprastha
Changes
Parth
Parth 2
A problem
A marriage or a conflict
Marriage of the century
The happy days
Time takes turns
World fall apart
The next generation
The city of Seasons
Days in Island
The meet alash
Father
Family and moments
The things needed to sort
War of words
Alliances
War
The Falen Warriors
Vishma vadh
Chakravyuh
let's have some fun
Beginning of the end
The Ultimate Sacrifice
Thank you
Letters
the sequel
Announcement
Announcement 2

different direction

3.3K 142 9
By himani1411

Nakul's POV
Oh.. ow.. I was in danger. I knew I should have talked to her about it or at least informed her about it.

"Adrika I knew you would came unglued about it. That was one of the reasons I did let you find out on your own." I said.

"I know I had to find out on my own but at least I could have talked to you about it. That's what we have each other mean" she reasoned.
Completely true.

"But I have seen you and how hard sometimes things get for you. You were totally unstable about that reason that I was afraid if you get to know that of my knowledge about that you would feel obligated to an explanation to me and that would trouble you even more. I was just protecting you my princess." I held her face for her to look me in eyes."from yourself."

         A tear rolled down on her cheek. Then she hugged me. And I couldn't explain what that felt like. I felt whole. I felt complete. One feeling was I have the whole world in my arms. the feeling was Devine. But another feeling was like I had a very powerful force in my arms I was not sure if I could control it. but that didn't matter at that time all I knew was she was with me in my arms then she sobbed.

"What happened princess?" I asked

"If I'm not the one you think I'm will you be still the same with me? What if I'm different." She asked.
I wasn't sure what she meant. But I knew my Answer.

"Being different doesn't change the person I love. "

"I'm capable of doing things which aren't normal.  Which considered impossible. "

"I know you are able to do impossible things. I mean have you not seen mahamahim bhishma that man is tough as rock. And you befriended him like and have a regular routine of conversation with him. That's impossible enough to know how capable you are." I said.  She looked restless. I asked

"What's bothering you adrika? "

"I'm a prakiti kanya. And that's why I was sent to those distance world because they knew about these and could control my powers till the day I would be strong enough to handle them. Baldau taught me a little. And there are so much I need to learn about myself. And you... "
She said crying.

And I starred at her beautiful tear stained face. I didn't know she could be this emotional.

"I will wait. Doesn't matter how long. I will."
She looked up into my eyes.

"Today I'll leave for an unknown destination. As per Baldau this place is what meant for. Where I can see the perfect self of nature. Where I can train. Until our next meet. You should leave for hastinapur tomorrow morning. Jyesth need you right now when Kumar Arjun isn't there. " I nodded at her. She just sighed and placed her head on my shoulders and drifted into sleep. She did fall asleep on me.

Adrika's POV

Bidding farewell to Nakul was easier than I thought. Mostly because he was extremely understanding. I wished I could have someone like him in my time. We talked. He was going back next day morning. Now I was getting ready to leave with Bhrata Balram. He sent a message that he was going to be waiting for me in the stable. I knew it was my last chance to meet him before god knows when. I went to his room. He was admiring himself in mirror with one of my sword in hand. I smiled.

"Isn't it mine Kumar?"

"It comprises of you." He replied. I smirked and started walking towards him very slowly saying

"But I'm right here. Why do you need that? "
I was in his arm reach. Then he did something which wasn't expected from a disciplined well behaving medieval time prince. He yanked me by my arm to his stone hard chest. I gasped at it. But then smiled and put my hands on his chest. His arms were around me.

"That's right. You are here." He said looking both of us in mirror. I decided to tease him a little. Like in 21st century. I circled my hands around his neck. His eyes widened as I moved dangerously close to his neck and started talking.

"I'm leaving now. I thought I should meet you. So that you won't miss me much. " My lips were occasionally brushed on his neck. Which he shredded.

"Are you sure that's what your intention is princess? Not that I not adore your way of  bidding farewell,  but like this I'm going to miss you terribly." He said trying to avoid my face as much as possible.

"We will meet again. Until then." I said while pushing his hairs from his face then place a kiss and didn't wait for his reply. I knew I was going to stop if I spend one more second with him. I brushed a lone tear before Baldau can see it. And we went ahead. My mind was so occupied with his thoughts that I lost the track of time. Baldau's voice made me come to my senses.

"We are at the entrance of it my dear. Be careful."

I saw we were at the clearing leads to a forest. Of course. True nature is always away from civilization. We entered. From first look it will seem like any normal forest. A rain forest to be exact. Definitely it was dense and more beautiful than the rainforest of Amazon basin I visited. But as you enter deep it turned to unusual and magical. It wasn't completely night time anymore but dark enough to see everything was bioluminescence in nature. Plants. Animals. Some were so unusual that I never imagined before seeing them. I was awestruck.

"Bhratashree these are.. " I couldn't finish. He nodded.

"This is your home Adrike. Your territory. They are connected to nature. So is it you"

As we heard a sound of horse galloping. There he was. They were real and in front of my eyes. A centaur.

"You are here princess. To your land. To your kingdom. To your people." He said, bowing down.

"A centaur. I thought they are myth. Nice to meet you sir." I said calmly as I was tired of being amazed. I decided to take everything as normal and meant to happen.

"I'm kayero my princess. A protector of this land. Your servant. There are several of us." He said.

"We won't have anything as servant and master here kayero. We will have a mutual respect. You can call me Adrika. " I said.

"Fire flower! Kayero here will make you familiar with your land and it's inhabitants. I'll let you meet one more person before I leave." Baldau said.

"You won't be training me? " I asked.

"You won't need any. You will learn everything on your own." He said and we start walking leaving our horses there. Kayero trailing behind us. After a while I saw something which made me amazed again. There was a humongous dragon sleeping peacefully. I was petrified on its sight.  It was huge and dangerous looking. It opened its eyes and looked at me.

"She is shiara my princess. The ancient one." Kayero said. I nodded a thanks to him. As I looking at her. Baldau motioned me to go ahead. I took baby steps towards her.

"It's peaceful to see you after ages my old friend. " The dragon said in a rusty heavy and cracked voice before touching her forehead onto mine. She could speak. Wow. But then she wasn't just touching her head with me. She was showing me our friendship of several births. As hard it was to believe she was my friend. Those flashbacks didn't give me any memories but yet was enough to convince that she was indeed in my thicks and thins.

      Baldau left.  Left me alone to find my way myself. Understand my lost kingdom. And get my hidden unconscious powers and master them. Until I was needed.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

16.9K 655 14
Krisha a sweet and caring person who doesn't even have a single mean cell in her body who rules everyone with her heart and has everyone wrapped arou...
Awakened By Wricaso

Historical Fiction

399K 21.1K 102
Disclaimer : This story is a complete work of fiction and this in no way intends to hurt anyone's religious beliefs. I will try my best to justify th...
3.4K 246 31
✧・゚: *✧・゚:*✧・゚: *✧・゚:*✧・*✧・゚:*✧・゚: 🅂🄴🅀🅄🄴🄻 🅃🄾 🄺🄰�...
21.1K 1.3K 36
[NOT EDITED] This is my first story which has a lot of mistakes . This was written for fun during lockdowns , so yeah it's just Writing which is not...