Mercy

By zeffervescent

"We are the kids our parents warned us about." Teenage rebellion. Everyone goes through that stage, with sim... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twentyone
Chapter Twentytwo
Chapter Twentythree
Chapter Twentyfour
Chapter Twentyfive
Note
Chapter Twentysix
Chapter Twentyseven
Chapter Twentyeight
Chapter Twentynine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirtyone
Chapter Thirtytwo
Chapter Thirtythree
Chapter Thirtyfour
Chapter Thirtyfive
Chapter Thirtysix
Chapter Thirtyseven
Chapter Thirtyeight
Chapter Thirtynine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Fortyone
Chapter Fortytwo
Chapter Fortythree
Chapter Fortyfour
Chapter Fortyfive
Chapter Fortysix
Chapter Fortyeight
Chapter Fortynine
Chapter Fifty
Chapter Fiftyone
Chapter Fiftytwo
Chapter Fiftythree
Chapter Fiftyfour
Chapter Fiftyfive
Chapter Fiftysix
Chapter Fiftyseven
Chapter Fiftyeight
Chapter Fiftynine
Chapter Sixty

Chapter Fortyseven

98.1K 2.8K 2.4K
By zeffervescent

Serenity; 

I was panicking the second I hung up the phone with Anne. She promised to be there as soon as she could to come get me. She promised it’d be sorted out, and that everything will be okay. But really, when are they really okay?

I didn’t want to seem completely pessimistic, but I’ve always been that way anyway. I’ve tried to think of all the good things, but the more thoughts that filled my head, the worse it all began to seem.

First, I thought of getting dressed. I threw on what I had last night -- the only clothes available to wear. I glanced at Harry’s remaining clothes and folded them. Just the scent that lingered on them of him made me angrier at the thought that one of our idiots ex best friends could be the mastermind of it all.

Derek didn’t do it. I’m so sure that kid knows, even with a lawyer and a political man as his parents, he would not tell a soul what happened at the party. Because he would be in a lot of shit himself. It just can’t be Derek.

It could be my mother, or my father. But they promised not to interfere, and they seemed set on it. I highly doubt it was my parents.

Then there’s Renee, and Wayne...or maybe even Zayn. But it’s clear to me that whatever Renee had to turn Harry in for, was obviously too impossible considering how stupid she is. She wouldn’t get away with anything, and she must’ve given up already.

Wayne wouldn’t wait this long to get his revenge. He’s hot-headed and impulsive. If he wanted to get revenge, he would’ve done it weeks ago. And Zayn knew our location, and knew that we would be together last night. However, he had no reason to even try and turn Harry in now that everything was all at least okay for the most part.

None of this makes any sense.

I stopped freaking out when I heard Anne, with her own set of keys, walking into the living room. She called out my name a few times, worried sickly of me. I sounded like I was having heart failures while on the phone with her, so it would be most likely she would show up with concern.

“Yes?!” I called back, rushing out of the bedroom once I collected Harry things. I’m half way down the corridor when she turns the corner and finds me. She immediately sighs in relief.

Her arms wrapped around me tightly. In a way, it was comforting to receive a caring, warm hug from a person like Anne. She pulled away from our embrace, holding my shoulders and looking at me.

“Darling, I’ve already gotten on the phone with plenty of people and you don’t need to worry. Apparently, it seems as if one of Harry’s arsehole friends had told on where they got their marijuana from.” She explained briefly. “They’re not bringing it into court. It has been decided, with the number of offences Harry has, that he will be put under House Arrest for two months.”

I parted my lips in a bit of shock. “Okay,” I breathed, slowly processing her words. “House arrest? For two months?” I inquired, looking for a way to sound less disappointed. At least he’s not getting sent to jail. There was a bright side to this. I’m just worried the more time he spends at the police station the worse.

“Yes,” Anne replied. “It’s only for two months. If something goes wrong during his house arrest, they will take him to jail.”

Despair rested inside my chest. I felt a sour taste in my tongue. Harry is hard to control. He is his own person and goes to extreme extents to prove that. Keeping him with a ankle bracelet and away from all the things he surrounds himself with will be maddening. But I’d do it for him. Anything to avoid having him taken to a cell.

I frowned lightly. “Why just house arrest?”

Anne sent me a sad smile. “The power of money cannot be underestimated. I can pay his bail over and over again.” She shrugged her shoulders, dropping her hands from my own and trying to lighten me up with a smile.

I’m still shaken up by the scare I received. “I just wish he’d quit being so agitating and found something legal to do. He’s always troubling himself.”

She sighed, nodding her head. “You’re a good girl for him, you know. I’ve said the same thing. Maybe if you told him as well, he’d understand better. He does care for you a lot.”

“I love him, Anne. He’s all I want, and I need him to be better for himself.”

There was a second where she hadn’t said anything, only widened her eyes at me in utter astonishment. “You love my son?”

My cheeks burned with a tingle of embarrassment and heat from the reality. I’ve said it to him before, the words still feeling fresh and new with every wave of emotion that had taken me away whenever he returned the words.

“Yes, I really do,” I told her honestly. “He’s got to stop testing the water; seeing how far he needs to go until he gets sent to jail.”

Her smile was giddy and happy, despite the back of our minds still lingering with bad thoughts about this house arrest and what Harry will have to face for two months.

“Serenity, I’m one hundred percent sure he loves you, too. And deep inside he does know he should try and be better, but he’s a troubled kid. Always has been. He needs a little push. And you are that little spark of inspiration.”

“You think so?

“With all my heart.” She squeezed my hand quickly before adding, “Now let’s go to the police station where Harry is. They’re probably holding him down and putting the ankle bracelet on him.”

Already I'm debating whether this will be good for him in a way. He'll eventually stay out of trouble because he can't leave the house. Also, the ankle bracelet detects drug use or alcohol -- as explained by Anne.

What worries me is that Harry won't be able to stand the confinement. I really hope he stays out of trouble. For the most part I don't know what he's up to, which worries me because he does so much idiotic things.

Marijuana. Of course. I’m well aware Harry smokes it, but I didn’t think he’d distribute it to the public. I doubt he does it regularly. I’m asking him, however. I can’t help but feel mad at him, too. For being so stupid sometimes. It’s hypocritical, yes, but I cannot stand hearing that he’s gotten into trouble. I guess it’s become a habit of mine to feel anxious whenever he does risky things. Prison is not a sunny paradise for either of us.

Harry;

Well, fuck. Jerome can’t keep his mouth shut about anything. All I did was hand him a bag, and what he did was get caught and snitch on me. It’s not that hard to hide weed, especially if you smoke it on your own time, not in fucking public where officers can clearly see you.

They saw it as a chance to bring me in again. Anything considered an offense or against the law, and I commit it, I’m immediately brought in for questioning or in a holding cell like I am at the very moment.

I leaned my elbows on my knees, leaning forward and folding my hands. I stared at the floor, almost burning a hole through it so I could use it as an escape from this place.

The guy next to me would occasionally sing to himself. He was pretty good, however, so I didn’’t bother to act like it annoyed me. The guy was covered in tattoos from his shoulders down to his arms. His ears had gauges the size of a nail in, his brown hair swept across his forehead, but he still looked like the baddest guy on the block.

My thoughts later drifted to Serenity. She was probably worried sick. In her eyes, I could make out the worry, the panic. Her face displayed emotions of despair and mostly disappointment.

It was cold in the cell, honestly. I’m still in my fucking boxers, courtesy of Officer Payne. I call him John -- his first name -- because I understand that it’s really irritating to him. I saw it on some paperwork about four years ago when I got arrested for having alcohol when being at my early teens -- around fifteen.

“What did you do?”

The guy across from me spoke. I looked up at him to see a pair of brown eyes.

I mentally debated whether to answer him or just pretend I didn’t hear anything. But I did look up at him and acknowledge that he spoke. Plus, it’s getting maddening staying in this cold cell with only boxers on and an urge to see my girlfriend.

“I got screwed over by a couple of shitheads. End of that story.” I replied loosely, rubbing my hand against my cheek and huffing out air from my lips.

He chuckled. “Sucks.”

“What did you do?” I asked curiously, eyebrows furrowing.

“I tore apart a car that belonged to the slut I used to call my girlfriend.”

It was my turn to laugh. We both seemed to be used to getting into this type of dilemma. “That sounds like something I’d do.”

“I’ve heard about you, Harry. Especially from my dad. He doesn’t do well with troublemakers like you. Or me.”

I stilled for a second. “What? Your dad’s officer Payne?”

“Yep. And I’m his son. Liam Payne.” He answered with a side smirk.

A little scoff escaped me as I stared at him, narrowing in my eyes in suspicion. “What kind of son are you? Your dad’s a fucking officer.”

Liam shrugged. “I’m not the kid they want me to be. Well, I used to be.”

“What do you mean?” I frowned.

“I was the nice kid, Harry. I got pushed around, manipulated because I was so nice. I thought maybe if I toughened up, people would be scared. Scared enough that manipulating me wouldn't be an option. Ya feel?” He briefly explained, probably not wanting to get into detail about his life.

This was a deep conversation that I would most likely not want to continue. I just nodded and decided that this kid was probably me in just different ways.

“How old are you anyway?” The words slipped from my mouth. I was bored and curious. I needed to get my mind off being trapped in here for hours more.

Liam leaned back against the brick wall. “I’m seventeen.” (yes fetus).

An eyebrow rose on my face. “You’re seventeen and you managed to cover yourself in that many tattoos?”

“You can manage to do a lot of shit, nowadays.” He shrugged once more.

I nodded. “Can’t argue with that.”

John came in minutes later after silence began to engulf us. He glared at his son for a few seconds, then motioned me to get up. They’re going to put the ankle bracelet on me and I’ll have to be thrown into my house for two months, not leaving the huge perimeter for that time being. All I know is, I’m not ready to be locked inside.

Serenity;

We drove there and immediately entered the police station. People moved fast-paced, phones rang. The typical scenery. I glanced around at the people sitting with handcuffs strapping their hands together. Glares on their faces, disappointment, and even fear.

Anne talked with the woman at the front desk, as I ignored everything around me. I was in my own little word, knowing that if I kept doing what I was doing -- going out and getting high, drunk, and doing things on the low -- I would have ended up here some time soon.

She took the clothes that belonged to Harry and handed them to the woman, and she brought them back down a hallway into a room, most likely for Harry to change into.

“Serenity,” Anne called me softly. I swiftly turned around to see that she was trying to beckon me to follow her. “He’s got the ankle monitor on already. They’re letting him out soon.”

Just like she said, Harry had been walking down the hallway moments later. He seemed glummed, and pissed off. He glowered at everything in sight, occasionally staring at the tight monitor on his ankle.

The officer who had done most of the speaking when Harry got arrested was beside him. They made their way towards us, my arms folded across my chest and a concerned expression plastered across my face.

“He knows the what nots and what to do’s.” Officer Payne said simply, but firmly. “I advise not to mess this up. It is essential for him to keep out of trouble for this period of two months. You’re lucky money is not a problem for your family, Harry. Be thankful for that. Or you’d be in more than enough trouble.”

Harry nodded quite stiffly as Anne kindly thanked the officer. She walked over to him once he motioned for her to have a chat about things everyone should do to help Harry control himself. It sounded more like Harry was an animal rather than a sensible person.

I stood there, my eyes probably still puffy from earlier. It’s only been about twenty minutes, anyway. He looked down at me for a while as I looked away, silent and still somewhat concerned but I didn’t want to show it. I’m mad at him for the marijuana thing. I know it’s not entirely his fault, but he just never stays out of trouble.

He gently grasped my sides and pulled me into him. I moved with his force reluctantly, but not really stopping him from doing so. I felt his hand stroke my hair, softly gesturing me that he knows I’m upset, but really wants to avoid upsetting me further.

“I’m sorry that happened,” he said quietly, watching my face carefully.

I sighed heavily. “Yeah, me too.”

Harry grabbed my face in both his hands, carefully stroking his thumbs across my tear stained cheeks. “It won’t happen again. I swear.”

“It can’t happen again,” I told him, beginning to frown. “You can’t get into more shit after this. God, Harry, you worry me so much now. I want you to stop fucking messing around and get your shit together. I promised I would in school, so I think it’s fair if you do your part as well.”

He sighed, clenching his jaw. “We’re not having this conversation now.”

“I know. I just wanted to get that out. I love you, Harry. I just want things to work for once.” I whispered.

“I love you, too, baby. I will get my shit together. You just gotta give me time.” He said, finally pressing a gentle kiss to my lips.

I pulled away considerably fast, knowing that public display of affection in a police station isn’t a very good idea.

+

At his house, I received a few phone calls from my mother, asking if I was okay. I’m very surprised she sounded calm and genuinely kind on the phone. I guess it’s getting through to my mother somehow. Finally, there’s a sign my mother is beginning to accept my relationship with Harry, while my father is on the lesser side of things.

Belle was asleep, so we all figured we’d leave her alone. Anne retrieved to her bedroom to get in a nap while Harry and I stayed in the kitchen.

He went into the fridge while I texted Emily on my phone about what had happened. She repeatedly asked if everything was okay, and I said nothing but yes. Eventually, things will turn out fine and I’m hoping for the better.

I leaned my elbows onto the counter, playing with a fruit basket and picking at it with my fingers when I felt Harry dip his head down into my neck, kissing my skin there with loving care. Slow as if admiring my skin with his gestures of affection.

Sighing to myself, I leaned my head to one side to give him better access. He held my hips against his, murmuring, “I’m a little hungry...for something else.”

I began to smile a little. “Harry…” I whined. “Aren’t you always?”

He grinned against my skin before turning me around. I felt his hands grasp my bum, squeezing gently and pushing our bodies tightly together. My arms found their way around his neck, our lips meeting to connect our needy mouths. I spaced out from the rest of the world, focusing on the synchronized movement of our kisses. With each kiss, he deepened the next.

My back met with the counter as Harry’s hand trailed beneath my shirt, onto my bare skin. He let his hand near my bra, slipping beneath it and grasping my left breasts. He squeezed tightly, making me softly moan against his mouth. He pulled away, placing a kiss on my jaw. “Can’t keep my hands off you,” he grunted, his hot breath fanning against me.

I moaned at the sound of his raspier tone, pulling him back against my mouth and kissing him hard. He removed his hand from beneath my bra, using both to trail down towards the buttons on my jeans. Once he had undone the button, he slipped them down a couple of inches from my hips, sliding his hand beneath the band of my underwear afterwards.

His touch immediately drove me wild. I held his shoulders tightly, panting with excitement as I felt him circle my cl*t. He slid a finger down between my folds, groaning to himself with a cocky side smirk plastered on his lips.

I shut my eyes tightly, feeling him rub repeatedly against my nerves.

“Getting wet for me already, baby, hmm?” He whispered, kissing behind my ear.

“Always,” I breathed sensually. He slowly circled my bundle of nerves, moving his fingers so slow, it drove me to a sweet insanity no one else could. “Baby, please,” I whimpered.

He smirked against my skin. Harry inserted a finger into me, beginning to pump it in and out before abruptly adding a second. I threw my head back in pure bliss, lips parted as he pumped quickly.

“Mm, like that?” He asked teasingly, his deep, raspy tone making me bite down on my bottom lip from the emotions. My hips jutted forward a little, moving with his hands.

I cried out quietly. “Harry,” I gasped, barely answering his question that he already knew the answer to.

“We’re going to have to keep quiet while I fuck you upstairs. Mmm,” he whispered, almost angrily kissing my lips that had been parted. He wasted not time in sliding his tongue into my mouth, mine cooperating with his to make a steamy, hot kiss.

Just as we pulled away, we heard, “Hawwy! Hawwy!”

“Oh fuck!” Harry cursed in a hiss with horror, pulling away from me in a split second while I, high flustered and hot -- cheeks bright pink and lips red from the kissing -- pulled up my jeans and my underwear so fast I swore my heart was beating in my throat now.

I gulped the second right when I buttoned my pants, Belle came in with her hand grasping a stuffed animal and her soft curls messy from her slumber. I tried to breathe correctly as Harry beamed a huge grin at her, composing himself as if the slightly evident bulge in his pants wasn’t obvious.

“Hey, sweetheart!” He greeted, bending down to his knees and kissing her cheek, which she giggled to.

“Hiiii!” She waved, and then saw me, which made another round of squeals leave her mouth. Belle rushed towards me, throwing her arms in the air, signalling for me to carry her. She was so adorable it was hard not to resist not carrying no matter what she nearly walked into.

“Seri!” She giggled, wrapping her arms around my neck tightly. I smiled, smelling the baby powder light type of smell that always lingers on her. I don’t know why, but it’s just so cute. It’s a comforting smell. Reminds me of babies and all sweet things.

“Hi, beautiful,” I grinned. “Did you sleep well?”

“Yes. I was watching Mickey Mouse and then I got hungry! Maria said not to go in the kitchen because you and Hawwy were busy doing stuff! But I got so excited to see you!” She explained cheerfully.

My face paled and Harry bursted out laughing.

“Oh my god,” he said to himself, covering his face and almost doubling over in laughter.

A tight frown covered my face as Belle, clueless, giggled at Harry for his sudden burst of amusement. The second Belle left once more to go and wake up her mother, I smacked my hand against Harry’s chest.

He huffed, but kept laughing. “Baby, it’s not a big deal.”

I growled. “Not a big deal!? Yes it is! That sweet woman caught us doing inappropriate shit in the kitchen! That’s so embarrassing and disgraceful!”

“And so will everyone else if you keep screaming at me!” He teased. I grunted in anger, motioning away from him but he grasped my waist and pulled me into him. “Baby,” he whispered, chuckling as I glowered up at him. “Relax. She’s a down to earth woman. She won’t judge. She’s actually really funny.”

Crossing my arms over my chest, I pouted my lips. “Are you sure?”

“Of course I am. I’ve known her for years.” Harry assured me. He leant down to peck my lips. “We’ll finish what we started later,” he murmured on my lips.

note // ask me anything you want and i'll answer it!

and btw, i haven't listened to Fireproof yet because I've come to the conclusion im not emotionally prepared for it and im seriously scared for my health (im not kidding)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Safe By bree

Fanfiction

1.9M 46.8K 46
Rae, the daughter of a lawyer, has always helped her father with cases, but not one quite like this. Aiden, a flirt that never leaves Rae alone, and...
629K 31.7K 24
↳ ❝ [ ILLUSION ] ❞ ━ yandere hazbin hotel x fem! reader ━ yandere helluva boss x fem! reader β”• 𝐈𝐧 𝐰𝐑𝐒𝐜𝐑, a powerful d...
109K 3.5K 22
Enid Sinclair x Fem!Reader x Wednesday Addams A curse. That's what Wednesday felt like to Y/n. A curse that she never wanted to get rid of. A deadly...
1.4M 59.4K 53
In order to be taken seriously, Lexi has had to become something she hates; emotionless, ruthless and a little bit brutal. But despite the tough ext...