Percy Jackson a Second Chance

By Azura_Noceda-blight

Percy Jackson is betrayed. The ones he care for leave him. After Annabeth cheats on him he realizes that he h... More

A/n
Chapter I: My real Parents
Chapter II- I get a Second Chance
Chapter III- I Vaporize My Maths Teacher... Again
Chapter IV- Sally Gets Killed... Again
Chapter V- Capture The Flag
Chapter VI- Dan gets a quest
Chapter VII- We meet Ares
Chapter VIII- Los Vegas
Chapter IX- Tartarus And A Chat With Hades
Chapter X- Ares And Returning The Fire Cracker
Chapter XII- I Make friends with old friends
Chapter XIII- Invasion Of The Giant Bronze Bulls
Chapter XIV- Chariot Races to the sea of monsters
Chapter XV- Retiving the Golden fleece Danny almost dies
Chapter XVI- Reunion of old friends
Chapter XVII- Saving a maiden
Chapter XVIII- Lost in a maze, washing out some stables
Chapter XIV- To Hephaestus and Back
A/n- WTF

Chapter XI- Danny Gets Stabbed By A Scorpion

6.2K 92 92
By Azura_Noceda-blight

When we were walking out of the throne room Poseidon asked to talk with Dan. So, while we waited at the elevator doors I sat with my legs hanging over the edge swinging them back and forth. "You know I'm still thinking about them cows. Anyway, I was wondering do we have to go back to the human Orleans after the summer?" I asked. I knew the answer, but I needed them to think I didn't know and anyway I've never actually spent a whole year a camp, so this will help me find out.

"Well it depends on if you want to or not. Most of the campers can go home since they don't have a powerful scent, so most monsters just ignore them, but if your stronger like you or Dan then it would probably be best if you stayed. Most monsters would jump at the chance to kill a son of Poseidon never mind a son of Thalassa. But it's up to you." Annabeth said.

"Why are you looking to go home to your adopted mother?" Grover asked.

"Na, I'm not looking to go back Sally and Daniel hated me being around what with the way I can be rude and my clothes and that. Gabe on the other hand I would probably be doing a victory dance knowing I wasn't coming back but now that Sally doesn't need to hide Daniel and me from monsters anymore he probably won't be staying dry long." I answered.

"What do you mean they hated you. Well Dan I understand but Sally?" Grover asked. "I didn't think she has a bad home in her body."

"You wouldn't understand you've only seen her a few times. Anyway, how long is Danny's going to be?" I asked trying to change the subject before things got sympathetic and they started wanting to be friends which means more talking to them.

"Depends what Poseidon wanted. Could be five minutes or an hour we really won't know until he gets back." Annabeth answered me. I nodded my conversation wasn't too long, but it could be longer his time.

About ten minutes later Danny came walking down the air bridge. He looked very happy for some odd reason. "Well we need to go to my house before we go back to camp, dad told me that Hades as given me my mother back after I got his helm of darkness back. I'll need to make sure she's safe." He said as he walked by.

"Of course, you did Daniel you were so strong to complete the quest on your own with no help from us three. You must be so strong." I said sarcastically but that was a bad thing because he seemed to have a brain fart and didn't recognize the extreme sarcasm in my tone as he turned to us.

"I know right, now come on the faster we get there then the faster I can get something to eat." He said walking into the elevator. The three of us had to run in as he hit the button before we even started moving. I may have 'accidentally' ran into Danny for doing so. I did not want to wait for the elevator again to get down. During the trip down we listened to some ACDC still wasn't amazing but ok I guess.5

By the time we reached the bottom going through three two songs we walked out into the streets. We flagged down a cab and went to Sally's place. Didn't take too long since it was now late, and less people are out at night. There was an awkward silence as we sat in the back of the cab. The driver didn't smell to good not as bad as Gabe but still bad. We pulled up to the curb and I jumped out wanting fresh air.1

"You know that should be against the law to have a cab smelling that bad. Anyway, let's go I want to see how Gabe was while we were away. Do you think he lost weight without someone to cook for him? Na he probably just ordered constant take outs. This pace will stink." I sighed.

"Damn I forgot about him. Can we just go to camp then?" Danny asked causing me to stop at the stairs of the building.

I looked back at him. "No, I just spent ten bucks getting us here, so we are going. Now come on." I said Turing around again. Danny following behind though he was grumbling some choice words about Gabe.

I got to the door and walked in before nearly vomiting. The Gabe from this timeline stinks a lot worse than the other. I would rather walk through the sewers. I glanced back at the others who weren't fairing to well themselves though I felt honestly sorry for Grover he had a better sense of smell then me how he wasn't knocked out by the smell I will never know.

"Mum?!" Danny shouts. There was a brief silence as we walked into the living room where Gabe and his buddies were.

"You!" Gabe shouts looking at Danny. "What have you done? Why am I getting calls from Los Angeles and what did you do to my car?" He says looking quite red from the effort to stand up from his own filth.

That's when Sally walked into the living room from the kitchen. "Calm down Gabriel weren't you watching the news he was kidnapped. Now son why don't you take your friends to Percy's room. I'll be there in a minute." She said sounding surprisingly angry. Looks like the Sally from his timeline has more of a temper than the last one.

I walked down the hall and into my room which was just the way I left it when we went to Montauk. We waited for a while hearing the odd shout from the living room. About two minutes later Sally walked into the room with a frown on her face.

"I hate that man." She mumbled though we all heard her.

"You know you don't have to stay with him anymore. What with Daniel now able be sort of protect himself and since I more than likely won't be coming back you don't need him anymore." I said. I figured I should do something about Gabe after all Danny's not going to tell her to get rid of him and I can't really leave her by herself with that slob even if I don't really care what happens to her.

She nods her head slowly before a bow appears on my bed. Walking over to it Grover read out the note attached to it before looking over at Danny. Sally wore a confused expression until realization seemed to down on her.

"Dan don't tell me you decided it would be a good idea to send something to the gods. Knowing you it was something very nice either." Sally said. She looked at Danny who had gone read realizing he was now being told of in front of his friend and crush.

"What I was angry and well at the time it seemed like a good idea." He muttered.

Sally shook her head. "What did you send them anyway?" She asked as she grabbed the box.

"Umm. Just the head of Medusa, and I wouldn't open it in case it turns you to stone." He explained as she went to open it.

(A/n: I know this next part intent exactly true, but I was watching clash of the titans the other day a thought it was a cool concept.)

"Oh, don't worry. Medusa can't turn women to stone unless they are children of Athena it was part of the cruse why do you think they were able to describe what she looked like without knowing what she looked like." She said

"Wait why would Athena curse her to kill her children?" I asked since I didn't know his detail. Then again it was Annabeth that explained the story of Medusa to me.

"She didn't. When Poseidon found out that Athena had turned Medusa into a monster he cursed her to be able to turn children of Athena to stone a sort of 'I'm sorry for getting you turned to stone' thing." Sally explained.

Time skip

We were now sitting in the big house explaining to Chiron the story of our quest. When we had left the apartment, Sally looked quite happy to be turning Gabe into a statue. I wanted to stay to see the results but the other were insistent of us leaving her to do it.

Anyway, Danny was just explaining how he had defeated Ares when Luke came in. He looked exhausted but still had a smirk on his face. Took me a while before I remembered why he would be so happy about Danny's supposed success then I remembered that he was more than likely going attack him with the Scorpion.

Which I'm hire happy about since that thing hurt like hell. All I needed to do to avoid it was making sure Annabeth and Grover didn't reveal that I done mode of the work. Grover I wasn't worried about since he looked like he was about to pass out any second, but Annabeth was wide awake.

Thankfully Luke sat beside her reducing her to a blushing mess, so I didn't need to worry since she was now focused with looking presentable.

"And then we flew back to New York and took the bolt to Olympus." Danny finished his story.

Chiron didn't look to convinced but Luke did. So, Chiron sent us away to get some rest.

Time skip end of summer.

Well the past few weeks wasn't too bad. Annabeth had finally left me alone for the most part since she now followed Luke everywhere he went. He seemed happy about it though which was strange. She was being very clingy.

Grover had also gone off to find Pan, so I didn't have a satyr annoying me when I decided Danny was getting to big for his boots which was every few days.

Danny mostly kept away from me and was making quick friends with the Ares cabin. Tough Clarisse seemed to really distaste him.

I had also been making friends with Beckendorf, Selina, Katie, and the Stoll's so when I do give them the memory sweet people don't get suspicious of them suddenly being my friend. I've also been working on being friends with Clarisse but with her entire cabin angry with me for the capture the flag game I haven't been able to get close to her.

I'll have to do it over the winter when the rest of her cabin go home. I'd like to be friends when we go on the quest to the sea of monsters, because I doubt I'll have a good explanation to sneak out of camp with them.

I also need to hope that Tyson comes to camp with Danny since I'll be spending my time at camp getting people on my side. Tyson being Tyson wouldn't been able to hate me if he tried. Also, might need to get Ella for him. Him and that Harpy seemed to be close last time I checked.

Anyway, presently I was sitting near the top of Thalia's tree, looking out over the camp. I see Luke taking Danny into the woods about fifteen minutes ago, so he should be due back.

I would leave him be, but my father informed me that the fates have made sure the prophecy to face Kronos still included Danny and without him we can't defeat him so here I am having to make sure he doesn't die.

A couple seconds later I see someone stumble out of the woods and start walking towards the center of camp. I got up and started running towards them as I reached the cabins people had already started helping him towards the big house.

I shoved them out of the road. They were taking too long he'd be dead by the time they got him to Chiron. I lifted him in a fireman's carry and started running towards the big house.

The Stoll's ran ahead to get Chiron. As I reached the porch Chiron rushed out on his wheelchair. He looked at Danny and directed me inside telling he others to stay outside.

A couple hours later Danny walked out to the porch where I was standing. Annabeth followed behind him though she looked pissed about something. "I still don't think Luke would do that." She said angrily. Oh, that's explains it.

"I am telling you the truth I don't care if you believe me or not." Danny said, looking like he honestly didn't care.

"Whatever I won't be here anyway." Annabeth muttered probably not expecting Daniel to hear but of course he did.

"What do you mean I thought you stayed the whole year at camp. Something about not liking your father ok that well." He said. I raised an eyebrow at that. He listened to someone, maybe he really does like her.

"Well he sent a letter explaining that he was sorry and if I wanted to him was ok with me coming to his place. I thought about it and agreed to try it out. That's him up there my bags are already in the car I just wanted to see how you were doing before I left and maybe find out what happened." She said looking at half-blood hill.

They said third goodbyes before she walked up the hill. Those kids better not have climbed that tree." I said scaring Danny.

He looked at me over his shoulder. Before looking back to the hill. "You're not coming home with me, are you?" He asked, in what he probably thought was an intimidating tone. I just chuckled.

"Yeah I'm staying here. I would like to ask a favor though." I replied.

He looked back at me confused. Before replying with. "Really you want my help?"

"Yes, now listen. If you see a big strong clumsy kid at your next school and bring him back to camp with you, I'll not call you Danny the whole of next summer." I said. I needed to make sure he got Tyson here and since I'll be here this is the next best option.

"A whole summer and you have to call me Dan. Ok, big strong clumsy kid I think I can do that." He said.

"Oh, and he also will be homeless should be living in a box a couple blocks from the apartment." I said to make sure he got the right person.

"Oddly specific but ok. You got a deal I get the kid you call me Dan for the whole of next summer." He said before walking back inside.1

There all I need to do is hope the school still chooses Tyson for the charity thing their doing otherwise I'm going to have to go looking for him after the quest next summer. Thalia and the rest should also be able to help if he doesn't show. This is such a huge gamble but hopefully the fates aren't cruel enough to kill him, before we find him.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

17.4K 213 20
Perseus Jackson, he is a mysterious being. He seemed to be able to surprise the most strong headed one. He seems to be able to do the impossible...
1M 21K 31
Percy Jackson has been betrayed by everyone he cares about, everyone he loves- even Annabeth, the one person he thought he could always count on. So...
77.2K 1.1K 79
Sequel to The Silver Ring. Percy Jackson is finally having a normal life. Being married to Artemis but Zeus hating him, he counts himself lucky that...
491K 7.5K 41
After Percy is betrayed by everyone who loves him, including his girlfriend, the love of his life, Annabeth, he runs away and joins Chaos army.(Prett...