Addicted: Book One - The Inqu...

By saehan01

《你丫上瘾了》 by Chai Ji Dan Addicted: Book One - The Inquietude of Youth "有一些人就像毒品,沾了一口,此生难戒。" Some people are lik... More

Chapter 1 - My Mom is Getting Married!
Chapter 2 - My Dad is getting Married!
Chapter 3 - Let's Become Brothers!
Chapter 4 - How did you fall for her?
Chapter 5 - Don't Mention Their Family
Chapter 6 - The Lovely Couple
Chapter 7: The Guy with the Baggy Pants and Slippers!
Chapter 8 - How do you read this character?
Chapter 9 - You can really eat!
Chapter 10 - I'll skin him alive!
Chapter 11 - Sending you a bag of toilet paper
Chapter 12 - Why is he always sleeping?
Chapter 13 - This person, I insist on being his friend!
Chapter 14 - Two people in a fight!
Chapter 15 - This here is called a cow!
Chapter 16 - You dare to challenge me?
Chapter 17 - Gu Hai's One Man Show
Chapter 18 - Just laugh until you die!
Chapter 19: You are my bastard
Chapter 21 - Old ginger is spicier than young ginger
Chapter 22 - Happiness comes from trivial things
Chapter 23: Gu Hai quite likes you
Chapter 24: Peculiar Papa Bai
Chapter 25 - Bai Luo Yin's Incident
Chapter 26 - You are my medicine
Chapter 27: The fate of the government official's son
Chapter 28: When attitude began to change
Chapter 29: Drinking on the street to the heart's content
Chapter 30: The big fight of the Gu family's father and son
Chapter 31: Today, the weather is sunny
Chapter 32: Here, a pleasant scent permeates
Chapter 33: Feelings began to change
Chapter 34: Actually, you've heard it wrong.
Chapter 35: Fat grandma, skinny grandma
Chapter 36: Just for one fish!
Chapter 37: Father and Son are not in one mind
Chapter 38: You cannot rule over him?
Chapter 39: It's a pity that he's a fool!
Chapter 40 - A Wife Chased After Him!
Chapter 41 - Careless Talks, Resulted in Unnecessary Demises
Chapter 42 - No other choice but to let her stay
Chapter 43 - Look, he's really pitiful!
Chapter 44 - Are you possessed?

Chapter 20 - A fierce wind blows!

18.4K 600 176
By saehan01

Translator: MusketeerLee | Editor: Angie & Sae | Proofreader: Blue Blossoms

In the early hours of the morning, as Gu Hai made his way to the classroom, a rather constipated looking angry male student, standing at the doorway was eyeing him up and down with contempt. When Gu Hai walked by him, that guy roughly yanked him by the arm.

"I want to ask you something."

Gu Hai glanced at him, only to be met with an expressionless face.

"What?"

"Let's go over there and talk. It's not for everyone's ears."

Trying to keep his temper in check, Gu Hai followed him.

"I wanted to ask you......" came the student's husky voice near Gu Hai's ear as he whispered, "Were you a veteran who's been discharged from military service? Did you deliberately alter your identity and came to our school to experience a normal life?"

"Ahh!!!"

A loud and thunderous roar rang throughout the corridor for a long time.

.....

When Gu Hai entered the classroom, he felt as if he had won the lottery. Today, Bai Luo Yin was not late to class. He was, in fact, sitting rather comfortably in his seat in front of Gu Hai's, holding his books while his eyes traveled across the room.

"What's up? Did you get a ride here today?" Gu Hai happily sat down in his own seat.

"I woke up at 3:00AM."

Gu Hai's eyebrows shot up with shock; he didn't take Bai Luo Yin's words seriously.

"At what time did you sleep then?" Gu Hai asked curiously.

"2:50 A.M."

"Oh, you stayed up the whole night?"

Bai Luo Yin's body was slumped forward. While both his arms drooped, half his face plastered to the desk. His eyes were fixed on a nail hanging loosely on the wall across as if his spirit had been stolen.

Although Gu Hai looked as though he was putting his things away, he was actually observing Bai Luo YIn from the corner of his eyes the whole time.

He had dark circles underneath his eyes which were bloodshot, revealing that he really had not slept the previous night.

Bai Luo Yin leaned further on the table; sleep came quickly to him. He adjusted his position and fell asleep.

Kittt-

A creaking sound suddenly woke Bai Luo Yin up, the table behind him hitting his back hard, making him inhale a mouthful of cool air.

"I am picking my stuff up." Gu Hai said.

Gu Hai had deliberately thrown his ruler away earlier; he picked it up and moved his table back.

Bai Luo Yin's back throbbed, but he endured it. He knew Gu Hai had done it on purpose, but Bai Luo Yin didn't want to fuss over it. His head barely hit the desk, when Bai Luo Yin was fast asleep.

"Hey, Xiao Bai."

Gu Hai pulled at Bai Luo Yin's hair, his action actually tossed Bai Luo Yin's head around.

"Say, you didn't sleep at all last night because you were having a lot of fun, right?"

Bai Luo Yin turned to look at Gu Hai and said in a very low voice, "Let me tell you something, I am not in a good mood today. So you better not provoke me."

Gu Hai didn't seem to understand," Not in a good mood? Had so much fun that you became sad?"

Bai Luo Yin gnashed his teeth, grabbed Gu Hai by the collar, and glaring angrily at Gu Hai he said, "You don't understand human speech, do you?"

Gu Hai hands were swinging back and forth as he smirked evilly.

"I really don't understand."

"After this self-study period, we will start with the third chapter. Everyone should read the new chapter in advance."

The class went silent when the teacher entered, her beautiful face made even the sleeping students get up and sit straight. But amidst that sleepy morning, Bai Luo Yin and Gu Hai refused to budge even an inch. Finally, Bai Luo Yin loosened his collar, turned his back stiffly to slump on the table, and continued to sleep again.

Five minutes passed, Bai Luo Yin slept fitfully, worried that Gu Hai would continue to prank him. As the sounds died down, he let go of his worries and slipped into sleep. Just when he entered his dream, he felt a pair of hands touching his back and starting to pull at his uniform.

"Tsk... There are so many holes in your uniform coat, yet you're wearing it? Even if you don't want to throw it away, you should patch it up. Or did you used up all of the thread to sew my coat?"

Bai Luo Yin's head moved. He was awake again, feeling extremely irritated when Gu Hai managed to wake him up yet again.

"Can you just shut up?"

Gu Hai with an innocent expression, answered, "My bad, you can continue sleeping. I swear I won't bother you anymore."

Bai Luo Yin moved his desk and chair up a little bit, making sure that Gu Hai's hand couldn't reach him. Then, he leaned on the table, this time sleeping while keeping his guards up.

One minute, two minutes, three minutes... Bai Luo Yin inwardly counted the time. Slowly, his body gradually went from nervousness to a relaxed state. The sensitivity of his limbs and ear too declined slowly.

Suddenly, a hand crawled on Bai Luo Yin's back.

Damn it!

Bai Luo Yin sat up and started to curse.

"Fuck you! Are you sick?"

A person stood next to him, Bai Luo Yin turned to glare at that person and froze suddenly.

Luo Xiao Yu's eyes and hands were fixed on Bai Luo Yin's shoulder. The noise died down as the whole class immediately turned to stare at the person who had been sleeping in the class, then awakened by the teacher yet he had cursed at her.

"I am terribly sorry, I thought..."

Bai Luo Yin didn't need to glance at Gu Hai to know how his smug his face was.

Luo Xiao Yu's face turned red at last, "Come out with me right now."

Going outside, Bai Luo Yin quickly explained to Luo Xiaoyu.

"Miss, I was not cursing you, but Gu Hai."

Luo Xiao Yu's eyes suddenly saw red, "There is no need for you to make up excuses. Gu Hai had asked to switch his seat, saying that both of you have a good relationship, so he switched his seat to sit near you."

"......"

Bai Luo Yin admitted defeat, "That's fine, you can consider that I'd indeed cursed you, how do you want to punish me?"

Unexpecting to hear Bai Luo Yin say such words it actually made her cry.

The one thing Bai Luo Yin couldn't bear was to see a woman cry. On top of it, since last night he had heard/made two women cry. Suddenly he felt his heart grow heavy. He searched his pockets for a handkerchief, but unfortunately, he had forgotten to bring one along today.

"Miss, I was wrong, please don't cry anymore."

People said a bad-tempered person usually has a strong character as well. Why then was she crying suddenly like this? Don't tell me she's also heart-broken!

"Enough, you can go back to the classroom, leave me to cry in peace."

"Miss..."

"Go inside!"

Luo Xiaoyu shouted with a hoarse voice. A single tear rolling down from her eye, making her look even more pitiful, especially if a guy saw her, it would tear at his conscience.

Bai Luo Yin couldn't help but imagine, were Shi Hui to stand and cry in front of him like this, would his heart melt and he would instantly agree to get back with her.

Returning back to the classroom, Bai Luo Yin wasn't able to escape Gu Hai's devious eyes.

That kind of unreadable stare was profound and resolute while concealing a kind of crafty plan similar to the gu toxin[1].

Just as Bai Luo Yin sat down a voice from behind spoke up, "Didn't I tell you, that I won't bother you anymore? Yet you still went and cursed other people. Look at what you've done, aren't you stupid?"

Bai Luo Yin didn't respond, putting away his books neatly.

"I didn't ask for your opinion."

Gu Hai kicked his chair and Bai Luo Yin's body fall forward, but he quickly reverted back.

Bai Luo Yin quickly realized that the guy was similar to a dog. If you ignored him, he would ignore you. If you fed him food, then he would follow you all day long. If you provoked him, he would bite you at the first chance.

There was only one way to deal with such kind of person, which was to stay as far away as possible from him.

"Let's exchange places."

You Qi turned his head to face Bai Luo Yin, "What for?"

"Don't ask, just help me."

You Qi nodded his head, grabbed his books and exchanged his seat with Bai Luo Yin, not at all forgetting to grab several rolls of toilet paper.

Bai Luo Yin sat down in You Qi's seat, he went to put his books in the drawer, only to see a mountain of used tissues filling the drawer... He wanted to throw them at You Qi, but remembered that table behind was his. So in the end, he left them in You Qi's drawer.

It was quite a relief to be not harassed anymore. Bai Luo Yin finally felt very comfortable.

You Qi was very talkative, but it wasn't such a big deal. Bai Luo Yin heard You Qi mumbling from behind and not long after that he went to sleep.

Thud!

The old ache throbbed again, it was yet to heal and another shove made it worse.

Damn it, what is it this time?

Bai Luo Yin turned his head and saw that You Qi was smiling nervously.

"Don't blame me, the guy behind me pushed and it forced me towards your direction."

Bai Luo Yin lost his cool, he was well aware of Gu Hai's capabilities. He knew even if he moved to the first seat, Gu Hai would push the whole line to the teacher's table. He needed to find a way to deal with Gu Hai. He couldn't rely on his strength, he would lose. Bai Luo Yin pushed away his souring mood and started to use all of his brain cells to think of a way to deal with this kind of stubborn and cunning foe. The fourth period was the self-study period. Gu Hai got bored and asked You Qi to give him his toilet paper.

"Give me one roll of toilet paper, I have none left."

You Qi's cold look swept over six tables, his gaze freezing half of the classroom.

"A piece is not enough? You want one roll?!"

"......"

In the end/Relenting, he gave Gu Hai his beloved roll of toilet paper feeling miserable.

Gu Hai ripped open the outer packaging of the toilet paper, his hands deliberately trembling as he tossed the roll between his hands, flinging the roll of tissue around before it finally fell down at Bai Luo Yin's desk.

"Oops, my bad, I used too much strength."

Gu Hai quickly walked over to Bai Luo Yin's desk, took back the toilet roll, but he continued to toss it back and forth. Doing it repeatedly to trap Bai Luo Yin and You Qi inside.

"Hey, what's happening?"

Gu Hai pretended not to know what was happening, still holding the roll of tissue while walking back and forth, and creating more rounds.

You Qi realized something was strange, and hastily shouted, "Don't circle us, you will trap us inside."

Bai Luo Yin pushed You Qi's hand down, "Let him do it."

Gu Hai stopped when there were no more tissues left, he wrote down something on a piece of paper and gave it to the girl beside him, "Pass this over to the boy sitting at the northernmost desk of the fifth row."

"Quick, tear this off, why you aren't you moving?" You Qi moved to tear the tissue.

Bai Luo Yin only skimmed over the message and stopped You Qi immediately.

"Don't tear it and definitely don't touch it."

Shortly after that, Bai Luo Yin took out a bunch of used toilet paper from You Qi's drawer, placed them on the bridge of tissue, which Gu Hai had created. They rolled off with a rapid speed. You Qi still didn't understand what was happening, the desk behind him becoming an ocean of used toilet paper.

At that instant, Gu Hai knew something was wrong. He wanted to prevent the message from reaching the last guy sitting on the fifth row, but unfortunately, he had opened the message and finished reading it. Not long after that, he extended his hands to switch on the electric fan.

A gust of wind blew the bunch of You Qi's used toilet paper to Gu Hai's entire head and body.

_____

Translator's  Note: 

[1] Gu toxin is obtained from venomous creatures, which makes it a very potent poison. It involves sealing these venomous creatures in a container and let them devour each other. The last survivor will have the most concentrated toxins in their body.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

23.3K 1.4K 8
Xiao Zhan has to come to terms with the fact that Wang YiBo is not in love with him. They have been best friends and that is what they will ever be...
10.1M 262K 76
In which a quiet girl trying to get through her last year of high school by avoiding all conflict in her school and sitting in the back. She didn't e...
17.8K 2.1K 19
Soobin não estava sóbrio quando resolveu criar The Ecstasy, seus amigos muito menos, o que mais o chocou foi o fato da banda ter conseguido fazer um...
16.1K 1.3K 15
Aarohi Goenka The new ICT physiotherapist. A girl with broken heart yet lots of courage. Shreyas Iyer A rising star. Returning from an injury, ready...