Reckless (MAFIA STORY)

By lexi34

Adaline James, known by the world as a gifted chef and blogger. Her world just got flipped upside down when... More

Author's Note
Ch. 1
Ch. 2
Ch. 3
Ch. 4
Ch. 5
Ch. 6
Ch. 7
Ch. 8
Ch. 9
Ch. 10
Ch. 11
Ch. 12
Ch. 13
Ch. 14
Ch. 15
Ch. 16
Authors Note
Ch. 17
Ch. 18
Ch. 19
Ch. 20
Ch. 21
Ch. 22
Ch. 23
Ch. 24
Author's Note
Chapter 25
Ch. 26
Ch. 27
Ch. 28
Dont get too excited.
Ch. 29
Ch. 30
Ch. 31
Sorry
Ch. 33
Ch. 34
Ch 35
Ch 36
Authors note
Ch. 37
Ch 38
Ch. 39
Ch. 40
Ch.
Ch. 41

Ch. 32

2.1K 73 6
By lexi34

hello all! Just letting you know, 15 votes or 6 comments from different people = double update for friday!

ALSO THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH FOR 20k READS AND over 700 FRICKIN VOTES!! I LOVE YOU ALL
_________________________________________

Leo Rossi

Adaline and I were about 15 minutes from landing back in San Francisco, and honestly I hope to god that the feds aren't waiting there to pick me up.  That's the last stress-or I need to put on Adaline. 

I hate that I love the girl I kidnapped so much. 

She was supposed to just be a pawn in this game to toy with Marcus.

I looked over at her.

Her fingers locked onto mine gazing out the window of the helicopter as we slowly moved closer to SF,  her cascading hair just grazed across her.  I really can't believe I can feel love again; after what happened to my the girl who I once thought was my only love. 

"Leo what are you looking at?"  Adaline smiled at me with a puzzled look on her face. 

"Nothing Adaline.  Nothing at all."  I shook my head and tighten my grasp on her hand a bit. 

She nodded and turned back to the window.  

We landed shortly after, and as far as I could tell there wasn't anyone around to arrest me.  We left the helicopter with our one bag.  Thanking the pilot on our way out a rental car was waiting for us parked near the aircraft. 

It was a Chevy impala,  it was very inconspicuous.  I would never figure myself to be driving something of this caliber.  Well in this day in age, I forget what it feels like to not have money.  Having the amount that I do now, makes poor my childhood seem impossible.  My father truly did for us as a crew.  He brought us up from one of the smallest mafia's to one of the biggest in a stint of 26 years.  Too bad he got cut short by that asshole Marcus.

I walked to Adaline's side of the car and opened her door for her and kissed her hand before I shut the door for her.  I tossed the suitcase in the truck of the sedan. 

"How far away is the house we're going to?"  She turned toward me and asked the second I sat in the car.

"It's in Calistoga.  So about an hour and forty minutes away. However we're going to get there in an hour."  I said as I floored the gas and went flying off the jet way onto the highway toward Calistoga.

"Leo!"  Adaline exclaimed.

"Yes?"  I asked turning toward her knowing exactly what she wasn't a fan of my speed.

"Please slow down!!"  She squealed grabbing onto the side handle of the car door.

"We need to get there asap, I'm hoping some of the men made it there before they got picked up.  Plus I don't think Cat would love having to be with a large group of guys she has no idea who they are without us there."  I grabbed her free hand and gave it squeeze, and kept my pace on the road to Calistoga.

Alec Joslyn

"Why am I still here, you have no evidence to be holding me."  I murmured to an agent of Marcus's.

"We can hold you for 24 hours before we have to let you go."  She growled while looking through files to try to find more things to charge me with.

The first few things they were trying to press were kidnapping charges on Ada, which were disapproved with the written title of her moving into Leo's house.  Then they tried possession of illegal drugs, which they couldn't actually prove because they couldn't find any drugs in the houses or warehouses.  Then they tried to book me for murders that did happen, but they couldn't pin anything to me.  Some of the lower men may be being picked off for these but it's unlikely.  Then they were trying to pin me and Leo specifically with illegally dealing arms but they couldn't prove even a smidge of evidence on us for that.

"What could you possibly have left to try to charge my client with.  Everything has been disproven Agent Stamos.  You have no viable charges to keep Mr. Joslyn of Foodie industry here."  My lawyer Hugh Blake growled at Ariana.

"I'll be back in a minute."  She stood up and slapped the folder of papers down on the integration table.

"You'll be out of here within an hour."  Hugh said to me.

"Thank you." I nodded at him.

Moments later a smug Marcus walked into the room, a blonde bounded in behind him.

"Alec, this is Agent Wilson."  Marcus gestured to her.

"Call me Rose." The words slid off her tongue with a zip.

"We have one final allegation on you Sir."  Rose said as she sat in the seat across from me.

"Mr. Joslyn, we have witness reports of you being guilty of the Murder of Miss Mariana DeLuca." Marcus had a wicked look on his face.

My heart could burst. There's no way I did that to Mariana, Leo would've killed me by now.  I know for a fucking fact that Marcus shot her at the altar.

"No FUCKING WAY."  I stood and slammed my hands on the table. "Get me my phone, I'm using my call now."  I growled into Marcus's smug ass look.

I was walked out into the hall by Hugh.

"Alec, if they have multiple witness reports I won't be able to do much."  Hugh sighed.

"Oh Hugh. I won't be the one prosecuted here."  I snarled and grabbed the phone off the wall and dialed Leo.

The phone rang once before Leo answered.

'Ok Leo, you're not going to like this.' I paused.

'What is it Alec, I need you out asap so whatever it is.'  Leo sounded urgent about getting me out of this hole.

'They're trying to frame me with Mariana's murder.  They have witness reports.  I need the wedding tape released.'  I uttered.

Hugh's face went in awe.

'Alec, if we release that at least a quarter of the men will be locked up for killing feds.' Leo sounded hesitant and scared.

'Leo, it's either them or me for 40+ years. No bail'  I continued, knowing it'd be on the plus side of 40.

'Alec, I really don't know what to do.'  I could hear Ada in the background of the phone mumbling about what's happening. 

This is going to be awfully hard on Leo to watch Mariana's death again, more than likely have it plastered on the news, and for Ada.  The tape has footage of her father being shot while saving Leo,and his father..

'Leo, I wouldn't ask if I was serious about this.' 

'It'll be on the news in a half hour.'  Leo hung up.

"Hugh I'll be free after the 8 o'clock news.  However a load of our guys will be pouring in after the news breaks."  I walked back into the interrogation room and Marcus just looked at me with the same smug ass look on his face.

"What'd ya call Catalina and let her know you'll be in jail to rot for the rest of your damn life?"  Marcus snarled in a mocking way. 

If he only knew that his face would be on the news soon with video evidence of him shooting and innocent bride and an unknowing father, his face would be wiped of his grim look.

"Can we watch the 8 O'clock news then I will confess to everything, and anything you want."  I fake pleaded. 

"I suppose.  Rose would you go get a set for the room."

Moment later Rose came strolling in with a TV on a cart. The TV was quickly set up and turned on.  It was moments before this news would ruin Marcus's life forever.

'Hello I am Susanna Ivy with the SF news.  Tonight we have a very sad and traumatic event that is finally coming to light.  After it had been put to rest by the FBI, we have video footage of mass police brutality and murders.  This event took place years ago at the once hopeful wedding of Mr. Leo Rossi and Ms.  Mariana Deluca.'

"What the fuck."  Marcus pounded on the table. 

The video started to roll, light airy music played in the background as Mariana made her way down the aisle to an awe faced Leo.  Leo walked up to Mar and embraced her.  Then proceeded to shake her father's hand wiping a tears from the joyous occasion that this was supposed to be. 

I looked at Marcus.  He was sweating, he was genuinely nervous. 

Moments more into the video we can see Marcus walking down the aisle with gun in hand when the officiate of the wedding asked if anyone had objected and shot Mar point blank.  Leo immediately was down on the ground with her.  You could see Adaline's father going for Marcus and soon trying to protect Leo's father but Marcus was easily seen shooting Mr. James.  The video proceeded to roll and there was terror just going and going.  However it is clear as day seeing Leo and myself carrying Mariana from the chaos.  Totally freeing myself and Leo from all of this.  However many of our men were beginning to be involved in the chaos and more and more feds falling in suit.

"How?" Marcus was defeated. 

This would end him.

The out-pour from the public of SF and California would soon hate the monster he truly is. 

'In addition to this brutality, the man seen firing the first shot is Agent O'Riley with the FBI, who also will be being charged with domestic violence that his very very brave, ex-fiancee Adaline James finally shared the trauma. Adaline is a renowned chef whose father was also killed in this violence and was kept in the dark about it from Marcus O'Riley.'

I had no idea Ada was going to add to our cause of this.  Her truth filled pleas were going to really insure this man rots.

'This brave woman has shared images with us from this horrible mans damages to her body.  If you are suffering from abuse as Adaline once was please come forward.  You'll be okay, and we will help you."

Images flashed onto the screen,  horrid pictures of Ada's arms, ribs, neck being littered with bruises filled the screen.

"No. Just no, she swore no one would ever know."  Marcus muttered.

'Our brave Adaline has willingly agreed to a telephone conversation with us tonight.  Along with her new partner Leo Rossi,  groom from the gruesome wedding attack.'

"Oh fuck no."  Marcus was teary eyed.

He could see his career falling and crumbling apart in front of his eyes.  I loved every millisecond of it.

'Hello, Adaline and Leo,  how are you both feeling now that both of your traumatic events caused by the same evil man are now being brought to life?'

'Hi, Susana.  We are both nervous and scared at the reaction and uproars that will come from these truths.  However it was time Marcus O'Riley finally pays for the wrongs he has done to the both of us.'  Leo's voice rolled.

'I sure hope he rots in jail for the both of you.'  Susana looked enraged, which totally makes sense.

'How did it happen that both of you both done so wrong by Marcus, came together.' 

'Well Susana, while I was interviewing with Mr. Alec Joslyn from Foodie inc.  He took me on a work lunch and that's when I met Leo, and we have clicked, and I have only felt love and kindness from these men who have showed me how cowardly and horrid Marcus O'Riley really was.' 

Leo interrupted.

'Along with what Adaline is saying, after I met her.  She has started to help me heal and pick up and fill in the pieces of me that Marcus broke on the day he took Mariana from me.  Adaline will always be one of the best loves of my life wherever we go.  She has showed me how to love after thinking I would be done with love for the rest of my life.'

'Well that is all we have time for tonight on SF news.  A big thank you to Adaline James and Leo Rossi.  We will keep you in our thoughts, and hope justice is brought soon to you both.'  Susana paused.

'As to you Marcus O'Riley. Go to hell, sincerely everyone.'

-------------------------------------

what do you think? Leave comments! Vote!!

Remember 15 votes or 6 comments from different people = double update for friday!

xoxo

lexi

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1M 35.4K 64
"Oh sweet little kitten, don't cry. Let me wipe away those tears from your beautiful eyes. Tell me what's made you sad. I shall kill whoever it is wh...
410K 10.3K 37
Renzo Lucarelli is the heir of the biggest mafia in Italy and one of the biggest ones in the world. He is cold, ruthless and cares only about his maf...
38K 1K 11
π’˜π’π’˜ β€’ π™›π™šπ™’π™­π™’π™–π™¨π™˜ β€’ π’ˆπ’Šπ’“π’π’™π’ˆπ’Šπ’“π’ When mistaken for someone else, Saanvi is kidnapped. She almost felt relieved to know it was a mistake...
175K 4.1K 27
Finding out she was pregnant was something that changed Valentina's world. Firstly, her baby father Michael was one of the most dangerous mafia bosse...