A Little More than Just Frien...

By Chennelle

[BoyxBoy - Completed] Jake and Lee are two very close best friends who spend most of their time around each o... More

Dear Readers:
Chapter One-
Chapter Two-
Chapter Three-
Chapter Four-
Chapter Five-
Chapter Six-
Chapter Seven-
Chapter Eight-
Chapter Nine-
Chapter Ten-
Chapter Twelve-
Chapter Thirteen-
Chapter Fourteen-
Chapter Fifteen-
Chapter Sixteen-
Chapter Seventeen-
Chapter Eighteen-
Chapter Nineteen-

Chapter Eleven-

51.1K 1.9K 599
By Chennelle

    "You two are unusually chirpy this morning," I heard Chase's voice rumble through my ears. I was currently in the middle of laughing my ass of at...well, I really don't remember what made me laugh. The important thing is, I was in a very good mood today. I spun on my heels and threw an arm around Chase's shoulders, pulling him in for a quick hug. 

    I sighed before saying, "I'm just having a really good day today," I took note of the slight dreaminess of my voice, and usually I would have been very embarrassed, but I couldn't really care. 

    "Yeah-huh. More like you got lucky last night." Chase scoffed, pulling away from me to eye me with suspicion. "So tell me, Jake, who was it?" His brows wiggled in encouragement, but I just chuckled and walked away. Then I heard, "Holy shit, you did get lucky last night!" And Chase was right by my side once more. 

    I gave him a sideways glance, rolling my eyes. "Can a guy not be happy, just because he's in a good mood?" 

    "Yeah, a guy can. But Jake Aston can't. At least, not as happy as this." He eyed me again, only this time the suspicion was replaced with concern. "Are you feeling all right? Need to go see the school nurse? Have a lie down? A drink of water?" 

    "I'm fine, Chase." I tried to force boredom into my tone, but it just came out as light and carefree as ever. When we stopped walking, I found that we were now surrounded by a large group of our friends. Owen and Felix were standing next to each other, smirking and grinning after a few things they'd said. 

    Just as I was about to look away, Lee's gaze flitted up to meet mine and he gave me a small smile. I swear it was like he had a radar that went off inside his head every time I looked at him. As if my feet had a mind of their own, they walked over to Lee's side and my shoulder seemed to nudge him playfully. 

    Okay, now I know what Chase means. I'm not myself today. What the fuck is going on? I just nudged Felix with a look plastered on my face that, probably, resembled a loved-up teenage girl staring at a Robert Pattinson poster. I shivered at the thought. I needed to get a hold of myself before someone starts suspecting something. Though I think Chase was already onto me. 

    "Do you know, I don't think you've stopped smiling since you arrived, Jay." A voice pitched in from the crowd of people, which me and Lee apparently stood in the centre of. I couldn't pick out exactly who'd said it, I didn't even recognise the voice. So I just laughed it off, and tried to tone my happiness down. Jeez, if I got any happier I was gonna be walking around with a hard-on all day. 

    "He got lucky last night!" Chase shouted out to the crowd of guys, a large grin imprinted on his face. The crowd cheered in return, like it was some sort of accomplishment. I wanted to say I didn't, but hey, if they wanna think I did then it's doing no harm to my reputation. 

    The school bell rang out, filling our ears with the most excruciatingly painful sound you'd ever heard, and with a groan we all started to make our way towards our third period lessons. Me and Lee walked towards Maths together, since our rooms were up the same staircase. 

    He leaned into my ear and said, "You're grinning like the Cheshire Cat," I didn't need to look at his face to know he was smirking, smugly. I jabbed my elbow into his side and he let out a girlish giggle before locking an arm around my neck and pulling my head down. He was practically dragging me to class by my neck, which caused me to stumble over my feet over a dozen times, while I was making weird noises of disapproval and snide remarks.

    When he finally released me, I smacked him round the back of the head playfully, and he returned the favour. "You're such a dick, Lee." I stated, still smiling. 

    "Yup, a dick you like to suck. Ohhh!" He put his hands around his mouth and cheered himself on for his comeback. I couldn't help the chuckle, and I couldn't exactly deny what he'd said either. I opted to keep quiet and just smile it off, much like I'd been doing with everything that day. 

    When it was time to go into class, we went in our opposite directions with a quick, "See you after Maths." And a wink on Lee's behalf. 

     It was dinner after Maths, which me and Lee decided to spend on our own. We walked the short distance into town at a leisurely pace. Barely anyone could be arsed to go into town after two years of being allowed to. The newness wore off and now everyone stayed on site for lunch, so the walk there was quiet with barely anyone around, which gave me and Lee a bit of time to talk without the fear of being overheard. 

    "So, what's got you so happy?" Felix finally asked after a long moment of silence. It wasn't an awkward silence though, in fact, I felt at ease. I closed my eyes against the sun that was burning down on my skin, heating my body up. Thankfully, I'd left my jacket and bags in school so I wasn't sweltering from the warmth. 

    "Dunno really," I answered simply, my voice soft and calm. 

    "You're not on shrooms are you?" I slid my eyelids open slowly, rolling my head to the right to point a humoured gaze in his direction. I knew what he meant. I was tilting my head towards the sky with my eyes closed, and the cause of that was not walking in a straight line. So yeah, I probably looked like I was drunk or, in Lee's opinion, stoned. 

    He nudged me, and even though it was gentle, it sent me stumbling over my feet sideways. I decided I'd keep my eyes open from then on. "What are you thinking about?" His tone sounded thoughtful itself, and I shrugged even though I was going to answer him.

    "I'm thinking about..." I was going to say something completely different to what I said next, and I won't even admit to myself that I even contemplated telling him. "Chips." 

    "Chips?" 

    "Yeah, chips. With chip spice and salt...but no vinegar. I hate vinegar." 

    "But I love vinegar," I shot him a glare.

    "If we're sharing, there will be no vinegar. I'm the man in this relationship, so everything goes my way." I joked as I always did, but then realised the half-truth of what I'd just said. I asked him to be my boyfriend last night, and completely forgot about it until now. 

    "I thought it was the woman that always got what she wanted?" He winked sheepishly with a grin tugging at the corners of his lips. 

    "Nah, that's overrated." I replied, waving him off lazily. He laughed lightly for a moment before our conversation fell back into silence, but that was because we had now arrived at the town centre, which was always busy. We dodged the oncoming traffic of people, making our way to the best chip shop in town. 

    Stuart's Chip Shop, was what the big, green sign read. His chips were seriously like a taste of Heaven. They were just...amazing. It wasn't as busy as I thought it would have been, like it usually is, so we were in and out in a matter of minutes. Lee had given in after a quick squabble over the vinegar, and let me have my way. 

    "Where do you wanna sit?" He asked me as we lingered outside the chip shop's entrance. 

    "Park," I replied back over the chatter of nearby crowds. He nodded and started leading the way. We got there quite quick, to find that it was completely empty. The field was huge, with trees surrounding the outskirts. At the top, there was a children's playground, but we chose to sit at the bottom which was just a large area of empty field. 

    We chose a spot in the sun and laid down on our backs as we started digging into our chips. I pointed up towards the sky, at a certain cloud. "Looks like a Dinosaur," I said, tilting my face towards Felix to see if he'd seen it, grabbing another chip while I was at it.

    "Oh yeah, a T-Rex innit?" I nodded in reply, tossing the chip in my mouth. Felix's eyes met in line with mine and they stayed there for a moment, just staring at me. Then in one sudden, energetic movement, Lee was straddling my waist. 

    "Woah, Lee, what are you doing? Someone might see!" I panicked, pushing at his chest, trying to get him off me. 

    "No they won't, chill out." He pushed me back down, his head hovering mere centimetres from mine with a chip sticking out from between his lips, now. I looked at it, feeling cross-eyed. His lips curved around it, into a smirk as he took in my confusion. He nodded his head at me in encouragement. 

    I sighed, quickly glancing around the area to see if anyone was there. Satisfied that the coast was clear, I leaned up. Just as I was about to close my mouth around it, Lee pulled away and sat back on his heels, spitting the chip out onto the ground with a laugh. 

    "Are you kidding me? You can't do that with a chip, that would be weird." I furrowed my brows at him. 

    "Well then why start doing it in the first place?" 

    "I just wanted to see if you would actually do it," he laughed again. I realised then, that I'd never make sense of Felix Towson. He leaned down and, without giving me time to stop him, kissed me. It was brief and soft, but still a kiss. In a public place. But honestly, I couldn't care less at that moment. I was still trying to work out exactly how his thought process worked.

    "Well, we should head back to school." He said, clambering to his feet and picking up the near-empty chip box. I stood up and his hand instantly landed on my shoulder. I looked at it gingerly. "Thanks for the lovely date, Jake." 

    "Date?" I questioned him incredulously. He winked, smirked and then gave me his back as he walked away. Dick.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

40.8K 1.4K 30
"I hate you - so much Tripp." More confusion because, once more, wasn't this a good thing? "Why did you have to say that? What if," A little quieter...
52.2K 1.9K 42
When two lovers' best friends meet for the first time... lots of feelings can rise. Attraction, confusion, lust... love? Will they be able to overcom...
348 23 10
A coming of age romance book in which two children meet at a camp when they are 8 years old, they grow a connection that is unbreakable until they ar...
182K 5.7K 28
| Novel | Version 1 ~ Published early 2018 ~ Burdened with undeniable romantic feelings for his best friend, Greyson feels as if his life has becom...