{HIATUS} Quirkfull Hero: Izuk...

By xikikai

⛔ DO NOT REPOST ⛔ Based on Boku No Hero Academia (My Hero Academia). (Y/N) is a quirkless child with one drea... More

Warning and Messages
Spoiler Warning
Quirks Explanation
Prologue: Home
Chapter 1: Quirks
Chapter 2: With or Without
Chapter 3: Thanks
Chapter 4: Izuku Midoriya
Chapter 5: Yourself
Chapter 6: Frying Pan
Chapter 7: Conversation
Chapter 8: Into the Night
Chapter 9: Cute
Chapter 10: Face First
Chapter 11: Kill
Chapter 12: We're Here For You
Chapter 13: Extras
Chapter 14: Darkness
Chapter 15: My Hero
Chapter 16: He's Right
Chapter 17: Midoriya's Success
Chapter 18: Lack of Patience
Chapter 20: Chosen For You
Chapter 21: Real Smooth (Y/N)
Chapter 22: Practical Exam
Chapter 23: A Lot To Discuss
Chapter 24: Quirkless Hero
Chapter 25: Transported
Chapter 26: If Only
Chapter 27: Everything I've Got
Chapter 28: We Messed Up
Chapter 29: Crush
Chapter 30: Getting the Hang of This
Chapter 31: Awkward
Chapter 32: Ow
Chapter 33: Top Spot
Chapter 34: Right Here
Chapter 35: Someone Else
Chapter 36: Unresponsive
Chapter 37: The World of Dreams
Chapter 38: Feelings Are Weird
Chapter 39: The Love That Feels Right
Chapter 40: These Feelings
Chapter 41: I Know
Chapter 42: Never
Chapter 43: Regret
Chapter 44: Each Other
Chapter 45: I Told You We'd Come
Chapter 46: The Kiss
Chapter 47: I Hate My Life
Chapter 48: (Y/N) (L/N)
Chapter 49: I Love You Too Izuku
Chapter 50: Candle Light
Canon Oneshot: Shōto and (Y/N) Adopt a Cat
Chapter 51: Self Doubt
Chapter 52: Aizawa
Chapter 53: You and Me
Chapter 54: Cling Onto Me
Chapter 55: Their Friendship
Chapter 56: Listening To Every Word
Chapter 57: For Now
Chapter 58: How This Story Will End
Canon Oneshot: Izuku Midoriya and Elizabeth the Third
HIATUS

Chapter 19: Yūki

834 37 4
By xikikai

3rd Person POV:
"I can't believe I'm stuck with the teachers just because I was worried for my two dumb friends who could have quite possibly got themselves killed..."

The staff sweatdropped as they listened to the child whisper complaints and how she planned to get back at her peers for being quote on quote idiots.

"And what the hell is Mister Yagi doing here? Did Shōta Aizawa call him or something? Am I in trouble?"

All Might tried to ignore the girl who had been forced to sit next to him.

When she had been dragged to see Recovery Girl by her homeroom teacher after Izuku's surgery, her cast was removed and replaced with bandages.

It was currently in a sling to see to it that she wouldn't do what she had done earlier and/or push herself too far.

Whilst (L/N) rambled on about the possible reasons her carer was here, President Mic introduced Bakugō and Todoroki, the final match for that day.

"I know your upset (L/N) but can you at least cheer for your two friends. This is the final fight and I'm sure it will be great," Toshinori said attempting to calm the girl for what he hoped to be the final time.

She hummed in reply and stopped complaining at long last.

The staff sighed in relief whilst Nezu chuckled.

The whole stadium watched the two fight and (L/N) couldn't help but narrow her eyes when Shōto hesitated to use his fire allowing Katsuki to win: a win he wasn't pleased with.

Midnight used her quirk to make the boy fall asleep and Bakugō was announced as the overall winner of the tournament.

"Just as he said he would," (Y/N) mumbled, a hint of envy as well as sorrow evident in her voice.

She had a bored look on her face, her head resting on the back of both palms as she had removed her arm from the sling knowing full well that she would probably be placed on lockdown for a while. She would also be prevented from creating gadgets and training.

What was uncharacteristic of her, was the fact that she no longer argued nor refused to do as she was told; at least for now.

Despite all her complaints, the girl had been co-operative after the fight between Izuku and Shōto.

She blanked out the award ceremony, ignoring pretty much everything around her. Like most of that day, her eyes were dead and dull, her (e/c) orbs seemingly have been dimmed to a darker shade.

She didn't even protest when Todoroki informed her that he would be walking her home again!

Instead the quirkless girl remained silent and would hardly bat an eyelid at anything.

She didn't even throw insults back at Katsuki in any way, shape or form when he tried to taunt her.

As (L/N) and Todoroki walked side by side, Shōto carrying her bags, he noticed how her hand would twitch occasionally as well as her eyes. The girl would mutter incoherent words every now and again almost like she was having a conversation with herself.

He recalled that when they were children, she would do this whenever she was deep in thought or wanted to figure something out, the only difference between now and then was that her eyes were pretty much lifeless at this current moment in time.

Regardless, he refrained from talking as he too had to sort through his emotions and own thoughts.

Thus the two walked in silence to the Yagi resident where Shōto left (Y/N)'s belongings in her room before leaving the reader alone with her thoughts.

Two day time skip brought to you by King Explosion Murder

(Y/N)'s POV:
As everyone went up to the front of the class one by one to present their code names to the class, I tapped pen away on the desk as I stared at the canvas in front of me.

To one side of my workspace was the shrine I had been given as I had seen something I had previously missed upon first receiving it.

Aoyama and Ashido had come up with clever names. Because of that, some of us, including myself, thought that we had to come up with something clever.

Tusyu threw that idea out of the window when she presented her hero name Froppy.

Upon hearing Midnight's feedback, everyone in the class - aside from Shōto and I - chanted her chosen code name. I had to admit, it was pretty cute.

My pen tapped away in my left hand as I stared at the shrine.

What I had saw on it last night bothered me deeply, adding another worry to my mind.

I started to blank out everyone else's names until Midoriya presented his.

He spoke about how he used to hate it and how someone had helped him see the name in a more positive light, that someone most likely being Uraraka who had told him that 'Deku', Izuku's hero name, sounded similar to the kanji for 'don't give up'... Or was it 'you can do it'?

Regardless, I'm positive that it was Uraraka who helped Midoriya see past the original meaning of the nickname.

Several students voiced their concerns as it was a name that had ridiculed him for so long, however Midoriya once again responded with confidence and positivity thus finalising his decision.

After receiving Midnight's approval, the 'R' rated hero proceeded to say, "Aside from Bakugō, we have yet to hear your hero name." Midnight pointed at me, smiling brightly. "Step on up (L/N), it's your time to shine."

I let out a sigh before picking up the shrine, canvas and my pen as I got out of my seat and made my way to the front.

I let out a long sigh as I felt everyone's gaze on me.

I closed my eyes and said, "This might come out as a speech and I apologise if it does, however I have a lot of things I would like to share with you all."

I paused and opened my eyes, keeping my gaze on the canvas instead of looking at my class.

Midnight eyed me anxiously as I spoke again, "I know a lot of you have been wondering about my quirk and the t-t-truth i-i-i-is... Th-The t-t-truth i-is...that I am in fact a-a part of the twenty per-percent of the p-p-population that's qu-qu-quirkless."

My eyes squeezed shut as gasps filled the room, my head instantly lowering so that my bags would hide my eyes.

"Y-You're quirkless...?" I heard Denki stutter.

"Th-That's i-i-impossible... You move so fast and your super strong-"

I cut Momo off there and then.

"Whether you believe me or not isn't my concern nor will it ever be. You guys weren't supposed to find out until later so I'll be hearing about this from Mister Aizawa later. Regardless there is something else I would also like to address."

By now, I knew I had everyone's attention.

No turning back now...

"I'm the daughter of two pro heroes. Whilst I don't recall their hero names, I have been told that they weren't well known. In fact, they were underground heroes much like our homeroom teacher, except more well known for some odd reason. Before I was deemed quirkless, I was given a name by the children at my kindergarten - it was there that I first met Shōto. I had received the name for several reasons and I was reminded of my childhood last night by this shine."

I held up the shrine the class and the boy had built together.

"It bothered me deeply that the same name I had been branded with as a child was on this same shrine written in kanji, but what stuck out the most was that the word had been written on both sides of the wooden platform. The phrase 'don't give up' is where the front of the shrine is located, the back of the platform being nothing more other than blank; however, on the sides of the platform, there are two slightly different variations of a word etched into the wood. On the left is one variation of the name and on the right is a different variation."

I briefly paused to let everything sink in.

"I know I've been acting weird since the USJ incident and I apologise for making you all worry. I just needed some time to think. You see, during that incident, I felt kinda useless... Throughout my school years, I've been bullied for not having a quirk. I was beaten on a daily basis and was called every name under the sun. I've heard numerous insults and now they all just sound the same to me. During the attack at the USJ, it dawned on me for the first time in my life that maybe aiming to become a hero without a quirk was as impossible as everyone said. I mean, the only people who ever truly supported me up until I met Midoriya was my parents. Everyone else would either say I couldn't do it or would say one thing but their eyes would tell another story. And when I tried to protect that boy, I again had a similar thought."

I quickly let out a sigh before revealing some shocking information.

"In all honesty, I had planned on quitting this course..."

"(L/N)..." Izuku whispered, the sorrow in his voice evidently clear.

"But then I realised something after watching you all take part in the Sports Festival, mainly you Midoriya. The problem wasn't that I didn't have a quirk, my problem was my lack of experience. I had never been in a situation where I had to work with other students, work as a team, fight against more than one person by myself, etcetera, etcetera. I didn't know how to act in those situations because I was so confident in my own abilities that I neglected to work on what I lacked thus failing to improve in those areas. I won't lie, I envy each and every one of you. You all have amazing quirks and I can't help but wonder... What it would be like to have my own..."

I took a deep breath in and began to write my hero name on the canvas, "but I realise now that I can only go so far alone without self-growth, experience and the support of others. I need to listen to the people around me and broaden my horizons; gain more experience so that I can become the hero I want to be, that I envision myself being. That's why I have chosen the name I was given by my peers way back when and by the boy I saved: my hero name will be," I turned the canvas around to reveal two different varieties of the name I had selected, "Yūki."

The canvas that I had presented to the class had the following kanji written on it: '優希/悠希'.

My classmates remained silent for a while until Iida asked, "But why have you written two variations?"

"That's because it's the very same way my peers and the boy spelt this name. Some would write 'Yūki' where 'Yū' would mean the following: 'excellence', 'superiority' or 'gentleness' whereas others would write the same name with 'Yū' meaning: 'distant' or 'leisurely'. It's the same case with the shrine where one side has one variation and the other side has another variation - but no matter which version of the two this name was and is written in, 'Ki' would always have the same meaning: 'Ki' would always mean hope. That's why, I've chosen Yūki as my hero name."

I finally let myself smile properly for the first time in days as my fellow peers returned it with smiles of their own.

I finally had my answer and could now look to the future without worrying about not having a quirk.

I could finally accept that fact and move on from the resentment I had felt during the time I was a social outcast.

I was doing this to present hope to other people like me that they can dare to dream and make those dreams a reality.

Midnight gave my hero name her official stamp approval but not before she praised me for my speech and pulled me into a bone crushing hug saying that she had never been more proud of me than in those last few moments.

I returned to my seat as Midnight called for Katsuki to represent his name.

"Lord Explosion Murder!"

Midnight deadpanned and said that it was still too violent whilst I just laughed and insulted Katsuki's naming skills.

The all too familiar sounds of explosions filled the air as the cocky hedgehog ran after me, throwing random insults into the fray.

But underneath it all, the two of us were friends who simply enjoyed the banter between us.

Maybe now he'll realise that I'm not looking down on him, but instead look up to him just like how I look up to Shōto and Izuku...

Mum... Dad... If you're up there watching... I've finally chosen my hero name...

Even if it is only a temporary one... I'll do you both proud... Under the name...

Yūki...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

158K 3.5K 60
Y/N L/N has a pretty powerful quirk and a dream to become a hero just like her older brother. She enters U.A ready to face anything but can she face...
216K 6.4K 43
˗ˏˋ [ 𝐝𝐞𝐚𝐝, 𝐥𝐞𝐚𝐩, 𝐜𝐫𝐲, 𝐫𝐞𝐯𝐢𝐯𝐞. ] ˎˊ˗ ·𖥸· After the Symbol of Peace tells Izuku Midoriya he cannot become a hero...Midoriya followe...
325K 12.6K 72
She was the average teenager who had a suitable Quirk and desire to become a hero - which was pretty much the same as him. The only difference was hi...
68.1K 1.7K 116
Y/n L/n,a girl with a powerful quirk, was dreaming to go into UA, living with her mother : Sana L/n, and her older brother Siji L/n. She had a very h...