A Death Penalty

Galing kay ErzaSenju

She hails from meteor city, just as her fellow spiders. Now one might ask, How can the legs remain loyal to t... Higit pa

Hunter Exam Begins
Phase 1
Phase 2
Phase 3
Phase 4
Phase 4 pt 2
Phase 5
The end of the exam
Zoldycks
A promise
A/N

Heaven's Arena.

1.5K 52 9
Galing kay ErzaSenju

"So a Nen master..? I mean we could check the hunter website.. But somehow I doubt we'll find a real one on there. We'll have to search in the real world. Now, since most newbie hunters have no clue about Nen, the nen masters would have to be places somewhere that newbies would go right after becoming a hunter. That is, assuming the hunter accocitaion wants hunters to be nen users, which I'm positive they do." I reasoned. Gon nodded.

"A place where newbie hunters would go... Well say if we didn't know about nen, where would we go?" Killua asked hypothetically. I thought about it for a brief moment.

"I have an idea! You both already knew hisoka was much stronger, so naturally you'd want to train, right? I know a perfect place to train, where you gain power, money, and battle experience. It's the perfect place for newbie hunters to gather. I can guarantee there's a nen master there." I concluded.

"Well, enough with the build up. What is it?" Killua huffed. I grinned.

"Heaven's arena!"

"Wait so you'll just be scouting around?" Killua asked. I nodded. He groaned. Gon looked at him in confusion. As did I. "I really wanted to see you fight!" He said. Me and gon made an "ooohhhhh" sound.

"Sorry. Fighting really isn't my thing. I tend to avoid it when possible. Besides, it's not like most people here are even any challenge. It'd be no fun. I'll just use the floor master pass and while you guys are fighting, I'll be looking for a master." I shrugged.

"Floor master pass?" Gon asked curiously.  Almost smacked myself. Oh well.. I guess they'll know now. It's not that big of a deal.

"Yeah. A dear friend of mine is a floor master. A floor master pass allows one person who is not a floor master to use that floor master's privileges and luxuries. Once you become a floor master, you are given three passes. No more. And if you lose them, you won't get a replacement. My friend gave me one." Well actually, Chrollo gave me all three.

"I trust you to give these to someone. If you feel like it, that is. You can keep all three or give the other two away. Just be sure to keep one."

I ended up giving one to Feitan, and the other to Machi. There were both responsible and I figured they would know how to use the pass in times of need.

"You have a serious connection then. Alright well.. It sounds like we have a sort of plan. Gon and I will set a match, you go ahead a start your search, alright?" Killua bargained. We were almost at the registration desk. The line was moving relatively quickly. To my surprise, fighters could be rather polite. Some are rude of course but the more powerful ones knew how to be respectful and never shoved or complained.

"Well.. How about I watch your first match though? If I know what floor you're going to, I'll know where to scout. Besides I have a good feeling that we'll meet someone special." I grinned. They both shrugged. We reached the receptionist and Gon and Killua signed up. I went after them.

"Name please?" She asked politely. I rummaged around in my coat pocket before pulling out a golden card. It looked liks a hunters license, but gold and had a simple FMP on the front side and a smaller CL on the back. I showed it to her.

"Actually I'm here to use my Floor Masters pass." I said sweetly, enjoying the shocked look on her face.

She let me in without hesitation, throwing in a good 'enjoy your visit!' I nodded in thanks and jogged to catch up to gon and killua. On the first floor, it was small staduim with 16 rings with fights going on. There weren't many people here, just those waiting for their fight and common friends of the fighters. We chose a row and sat down, taking in our surroundings. Hasn't changed a bit.

"Hm. This place hasn't changed at all." Killua said, voicing my thoughts. Gon turned to him.

"Eh? You've been here before?" Gon asked.

"Yeah, it was when I was around six. My dad left me here flat broke, told me to reach the 200th floor. It took me two whole years." Killua said. I mean he was only six but.. Two whole years? It's hard for me to imagine what held him back for it to take that long. I looked over at gon, figuring he was thinking something similar.

"There are guys of hisoka's caliber, but only farther up, so don't waste time alright?" Killua said. I agreed.

"Numbers 1,973 and 2,055 to ring E!" A voice annouced. That was Gon's number! That was fast...

"Eh... I'm getting a bit nervous!" Gon said, handing his pack to me.

"Whaaaaat? Don't be nervous! You made it through the testing gate and you're already a hunter! Just go out there and push hard!" I cheered. He grinned and thanked me for the encouragement. We both watched him as he ran down the steps towards his fight.

"Besides, everyone in here is a chump. Everyone who actually has nen already moved up a long time ago." I said. I had been monitoring everyone in the room and noone seemed to peak my interest. Well, except for this one kid who was on the other side of the stadium. But I hadn't seen him fight so I couldn't be sure.

After Gon, it was Killua's turn. Gon knocked out his oponent with a push, killua with a single chop. I sweatdropped when Gon had taken my advice quite literally. I kept an eye on the other kid, who went on almost the same time as killua. He was powerful too, he won with a single punch. He had a thin layer of aura around him, which meant his aura nodes had already been opened. He knew nen. Though I'm not sure by what means. He, along with Gon, was told to go the the 50th floor. Killua I'm sure, joined them by his own decision. All four of us ended up in the same elevator. I ignored the lady explaining things and watched the kid in the uniform. He seemed very concentrated, with his bushy eyebrows.

"I heard once you get to the 100th floor, they give you a room!" He said suddenly. What were they talking about? Gon and Killua turned around to look at him. He seemed to realize something.

"Ah! I'm sorry. How impolite. My name's Zushi." He said with a smile.

"I'm Killua."

"I'm Gon! It's nice to meet you!"

There was a brief pause.

"You can call me Bell." I said. Zushi nodded. The elevator dinged and we all stepped off, onto the 50th floor.

"I watched your fights earlier, you two were amazing." Zushi exclaimed. He's pretty humble. He did as well as they did.

"What do you mean? You did just as well as they did." I said.

"Yes but it was still impressive. What dicipline do you study? I study shingen-ryu technique." He replied. Study? So he is a student. Could he be studying from a nen master? Would we really find one so early?

"Study? We don't study anything." Gon answered.

"You're kidding! You're both that powerful woth no formal training?! Im humbled to be in your presence. I still have a long way to go." Zushi said, bowing.

"Zushi!" A new voice interrupted. A man with a pink shirt, half tucked in, and black hair walked over to us. He had round glasses and a small smile on his face. Zushi turned around and his face lit up.

"Master!" Master..?

"Good work out there. I see you're making some new friends. I take it you're their guardian? I'm wing, Zushi's teacher." He said, politely offering his hand to me. Guardian..

"Yeah, I guess I am. I'm Bell, it's nice to meet you." I smiled and shook his hand, though I doubt he could see much of my smile from under the shade of my hood.

"This is Gon and Killua, and they're here to train. Ah! Speaking of which! You three should go sign up for your next match." I said, hinting at wanting to be alone. Wing got the message and nodded at zushi. Killua understood as well and dragged the other two away.

"You're a nen master, aren't you? You're teaching Zushi." I asked, getting straight to the point. He nodded. "Well this is a surprise. A nice one at that. You see, I've brought those two here in hopes of finding a nen master. They do need to get stronger. Much stronger. I know you have Zushi, but will you take on two more for the time being? They'll be out of your hair before you know it. I'm sure you see their potential." I reasoned. His smiled dissipated.

"I see. Why don't you teach them? You're clearly quite skilled." He asked. I sighed.

"I'm not exactly a great teacher. I'm not sure I would explain it well enough. And I want those boys to learn from the best!" I explained. The corners of his mouth lifted up.

"Very well. I don't see what's wrong with teaching them, since Zushi and I will be here for a while. Besides it might benefit him to learn along side others." Wing said. I grinned. Great news, Gon, Killua! I found your master!

<~>¿

Oh my~, you're texting me ❤?

💢 <~>¿

I'm much closer than you think dearie~ Would you like to meet up?

<~> [^]¡¿

I don't let my fruit stray too far you know ⭐^¬^💧

Whatever. Fight them or don't, I don't care. Just keep 'em alive will ya? -*

-*

I growled. Stupid clown. I should've known he was tracking us. Not that it matters, since Gon wants to fight him anyways. Damn, these kids will get themselves into serious trouble someday.

My phone buzzed.

Curious to see who would be texting me, I opened up my messages.

[^] > <~>-*

Why would he..? I guess he needs me. I activated Angel's Ally.

"Hey. What's up?" I asked. He side glanced at me.

"Nothing too special. A report is all." Chrollo said.

"A report huh? Detailed or simplified?" I asked. He looked back down at his book.

"Either one is fine. Whatever you have time for." He said simply. I shrugged.  I think Gon and Killua will be just fine with wing sooo... I've got plenty of time.  Pulled my hood down as a habit and sat down next to Chrollo on the ground. I leaned up against the concrete ledge he was sitting on and began my story.

 I decided to leave out kurapika for the most part. My relationship with him was special, and different from Gon and Killua. Plus he had a hatred for the spiders. They didn't need to know.

"So then Illumi battles killua and tells him he can't have friends. That made me so mad! But I held back and went to see gon instead. I ended falling asleep though, and missed the rest of the phase. So that's the reason I went to the Zoldyck mansion. We had to get killua back! Turns out his family sucks and they tortured him when he came back. His mother is the worst! Not that Illumi is very good either, his dad even tried-" I stopped. A light blush spread across my cheeks. Barely noticeable and caused by embarrassment. I still can't believe they were planning on setting us up. Marriage! Jeez.

"He tried to what?" Chrollo asked there was no change in tone or aura, but I've known him since we were kids. He was dangerously curious. Should I tell him the truth? He would probably get mad. I shouldn't tell him.

"Nothing. It doesn't matter. Anyways! When we got killua back, that's when we all split up and decided what to do. Gon's ultimate goal is to find his dad, but he knows he's not strong enough yet. So instead he wanted to return hisoka's badge to him, which is what he's training for right now. I helped him find a Nen master already so I'm not entirely sure I even need to go back to help anymore. But speaking of goals, Killua told me himself that he wanted to stick around Gon and have fun, so I know they'll be together for a while. Their bond is incredible. I'm so glad I became friends with them, they're like the cutest things ever! Leorio and Kurapika both have their own goals too we all split. I know we'll meet again soon." I declared confidently. My hands were on my hips and I gleamed. 

"Infact.. Danchou? When's our job? I'm hoping I'll get a chance to visit before we do something." I asked. 

"September 1st. The auction is our next target." He answered. My eyes widened.

"W-what?" I shuttered, genuinely surprised. And concerned. He rose an eyebrow at me.

"Something wrong?"

"No.. I was just surprised is all. I was already planning on stealing from the auction so it's just ironic." I partly lied. I kept my voice smooth, but Chrollo wasn't easy to fool. I didn't want Kurapika to run into us. That would spell trouble for both parties, especially me. "So then what are we stealing?" I asked. I knew Chrollo was running low on his precious literature so it was quite likely we would steal all the rare books being auctioned. Though I wouldn't put it past him to do something outrageous, considering we've been rather inactive recently. Plus, I was bugging him about doing something grand to catch lots of attention. I was tired of people not having more respect when I revealed I was a troupe member.

"I'll explain when everyone else gets here. For now you may leave and rejoin your friends if you wish." He said. Or I could stay with him and wait for the troupe. It's funny, weeks ago I would be dying to stay by his side and see everyone. Now, now I'm not so keen on that idea. But I don't think Gon and Killua need me anymore. It's been months actually. Almost half a year from the end of the exam, to the beginning of the auction. Right and in all that time I never checked up on kurapika and leorio! I should do that. But first..

"Eh. They don't really need me. They have wing. I'll check up on them and then visit the other two real quick." I answered. He watched me, silently. There was this emotions swirling around in his stormy eyes that I couldn't quite pinpoint. That look froze me to my spot. I could only wait for him to break his spell on me. After what seemed to be a million years, and yet, not long enough at all, he looked away.

"Meet here on the 30th. Don't be late, though I'm sure I don't have to tell you that." He spoke. I nodded. Even though he had already diverted his attention, I couldn't help but feel a little pull. Like a string of reluctance to leave his side again. Maybe I wasn't keen on leaving him after all.

I think... I'll visit leorio first. It'll be our first quality time together right? I want to see how he's doing!

Ipagpatuloy ang Pagbabasa

Magugustuhan mo rin

280K 7.7K 51
You, Y/n are Leorio's twin sister (non identical) and you take the hunter exam to reunite with your older brother! Seems wholesome, right? That's unt...
689K 18.8K 29
❛ you took my breath away ❜ Y/n Zodlyck ran away from home and came back after almost seven years for Killua's freedom. hxh! x zoldyck fem! reader s...
78.4K 2.1K 24
Y/n has been an amazing nen user ever since she was 10. When she was 15 she took the hunter exam and passed it easily as a rookie. Now she travels al...
6.4K 306 25
This story was formerly known as Death x Phantom Troupe x End-game Here we are in the final book of my hunter x hunter trilogy. The other two books...