Broken

By Nana_chi

Everybody has them, they are just a mark that, maybe, shows up on your body. It's as common as a belly button... More

UNO!
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60
61
62
63
64
65
66
67
68
69
70
71
72
73
74
75
76
77

24

386 21 0
By Nana_chi

The first year of Jihyo's absence was rough for the couple, they constantly felt a sense of loss, somewhere within themselves there was something missing and neither could really explain why. They managed to get closer to the girls, they were all very nice and understanding, but there was something they would never allow the couple to know, and that was frustrating at first, so Jeongyeon and Sana (mostly Jeongyeon) worked hard to let their ego go and understand and accept that there were things that weren't for them to know, and that was that.

"What are you guys doing for vacations?" Sana asks during lunch sometime close to winter vacations.

"Well, Momo and I are going to travel." Nayeon answers, not allowing for more details to be shared.

"Chae, Tzu and I are travelling too, we are going to visit Tzuyu's sister overseas." Mina answers, the younger ones didn't make it to lunch that day, they were holed up at the library for the week.

"That must be nice." Jeongyeon says, a little dejected.

"You guys are staying around?" Momo asks, diverting the conversation.

"Oh, just me. Sana is going back to Osaka." Jeongyeon get a bit sadder.

"You can't go with her?" Mina questions.

"I kind of can, but I would have to go two days later."

"And you are sulking because of two days?" Nayeon lets out a boisterous laugh.

"I know, right? I've been telling her to be less clingy and that we will wait for her with the fun stuff, but she keeps sulking like this." Sana fuels the fire.

"I'm not sulking, I just wanted to be there for everything." Jeongyeon tries to argue.

The laughter only gets worse, Jeongyeon gets very red, and Sana tries to comfort her a little... Tries to. All in all, they managed to befriend the girls, they were all getting along, despite still missing someone and not being able to explain why it bothered them so much. The only hope was to see said girl if she ever came to visit, and the others told them she was nearby, that is. But they persevered, and they had each other to lean on.

"So, Mina, are Tzuyu and Chaeyoung, at least, doing well on their tests?" Sana tries to make conversation.

"They would do well regardless, but Chae gets too worked up, and Tzu is there to make sure she won't push herself too much and faint again." Mina answers easily.

"Wait, Chae fainted before?" Jeongyeon gets worried.

"Last year's exams took a toll on her. She overworked and fainted during P.E." It's Nayeon who answers, like nothing much happened.

"And you guys don't seem much worried?" Jeongyeon is still confused.

"Jeong, I know she is your cousin and all, but stop right there." Sana warns.

"But-"

"I don't care. That has already happened and Tzuyu is there to take care of her, so you will stop with that clingy ass over-worrying of yours right now." Sana is so stern the others are surprised.

"Oh wow, I never thought I would hear Sana being strict.... Is it wrong that I find it kind of hot?" Momo chirps, tension dispersed but Jeongyeon looks dejectected.

"I'm finding it a little hot too, so I'm gonna say it's alright." Nayeon answers, looking slightly stunned from Momo's arms.

"Well, thank you very much. We can talk arrangements later." Sana answers and winks to the girls.

"What? No! I'm not agreeing to this." Jeongyeon answers too fast.

They all laugh again, it was fun to tease Jeongyeon about Sana, the older one was way too clingy and possessive, it was cute in homeopathic dosage, but annoying most of the time. Sana loved Jeongyeon, don't be mistaken, but she was too much most times, and the Japanese girl tried to release the tension whenever she could. Nayeon and Momo were always up for some casual flirting, pissing Jeong off was a bonus, and always fun to do.

The rest of finals month rolls out too fast, and, last they know, everyone is dismissed for vacations and the couple found themselves getting ready to travel, Sana was a bit restless, she wanted to know if Nayeon was going to see Jihyo, maybe send the girl a letter or something, but Nayeon wasn't budging about telling them where they were going, and Momo would slip away from the topic just so easily.

Jeongyeon was more worried about not going with her girlfriend, and missing out on meeting the extended family, mr and mrs Minatozaki said she only really needed to meet the grandparents, and they would take her right when she got there, but she still felt a bit left out. They had understood the girl had a knack for the dramatic already, but Sana constantly found herself getting impatient about it, and frankly, she needed some advice on that, but first, she set out to go see if Nayeon was home, they had formed some weird connection and the oldest had this comfort about her that drew Sana in.

Also, Momo was rather sharp, and made some really good points all the time.

"Sana, what's up?" Momo greets, being the first one to see the girl.

"Oh, I just felt like talking to you guys." Sana answers shyly.

"No Jeongyeon today?" Nayeon asks, coming out with some water bottles.

"She's working, and I uh-" The visitor hesitates a little.

"It's okay to just say it. It's just Momo and I." Nayeon offers a comforting smile.

"I've been thinking, and I wanted to talk to you, see if I can figure things out." Sana gets shy.

"Alright, let's head upstairs. I'll get us some hot chocolate, just follow Momo." Nayeon invites and gets up.

Momo leads the way, not really saying anything, and Sana follows not knowing what to say. Not that Sana wasn't comfortable with Momo to speak up, but she was taking the time to gather her thoughts before Nayeon came up and she had to start talking. She had learned this couple was too understanding, and would never really force anyone to do anything, but she was the one who came to them, so she should speak up already. They settle on Nayeon's couch (Momo was very familiar with it) just as the eldest comes in with hot chocolate and cookies.

"So, what can we help you with?" Nayeon asks, settling herself against Momo, both facing Sana on the other end.

"There is something I have been trying to talk to Jeongyeon about this, but she avoids all her problems like the plague, and I just get frustrated. But I need to talk about it, and you two are really smarter than anyone thinks, and I thought you two could shed some light on this-" Sana fires.

"You are rambling and not saying anything at all." Momo laughs a little.

"Right, so, I've been thinking about this whole soulmate thing, I love Jeong, don't get me wrong, but I feel like there is something missing? I don't know, like there is supposed to be more? I'm very happy with my girlfriend, but there is always that want, and I know she feels it too. Jeongyeonnie might seem smart, but she can't lie to save her life. I've asked before, and she all but jumped out of the window trying to avoid telling me she thinks there is something missing too." Sana confesses.

"I think, maybe, Mina would be better to have this conversation with." Nayeon wonders.

"Why do you think so?" The younger girl questions.

"Can I be very honest here?"

"Please. I'm here asking you to be honest."

"You have two buds, right?" Nayeon stops a little and Sana nods, so she continues. "Mina has two as well, maybe she could answer further. From what you've said, a part of you feels like your relationship isn't complete with just you and Jeong. Have you really put any thought in this, at all?"

"I thought about that, but both bloomed when I fell into Jeong, and they are just hers? I mean, usually is one per person, but there were cases where people had two that bloomed for one soulmate, from what I read. So we just think we had two for each other."

"If that is what you believe, then, why are you looking for anything else?" Momo points out, she felt Nayeon tense up against her.

"I couldn't come up with any other explanation, and my soulmate is useless in this case. There really is something missing, all the time, and I can't think about anything else that could explain it."

"You see, there isn't a rule that says you absolutely have to be with your soulmate." Nayeon begins.

"I know, Jeongyeon's parents aren't, and I've never seen a couple work out so well. Maybe my own parents, but they are soulmates, so that's a bit different."

"My parents aren't soulmates either, Momo's are, though." The eldest continues. "Some people will end up with their destined one, as some say, but their destined one isn't always who they think they are."

"Do you have a point, Yeonnie?" Momo asks, wondering where her girlfriend is getting at.

"I do, just entertain me a little longer."

"Alright, continue." Momo steps back (more just leans back on the couch).

"So, in my case, I've been lucky to find and be with my soulmate, but my parents weren't. Talking to them, I learned that you have to make the effort for love to work. My dad's soulmate died when he was young, I think he was eleven or twelve, he said it left a hole in his heart that could never really be filled, but he decided to dedicate himself to my mother, her flower never really bloomed, she said there is always this feeling of anticipation. Both can't ever shake this feeling they have for their soulmates, but they learned a lot and understood that they are the happiest with each other."

"So, you are telling me there is more to Jeongyeon and I than just us both?" Sana is deep in thought.

"I'm saying, that whatever you are feeling, there might be something you are never going to stop feeling, but, if you think Jeongyeon is the one for you, dedicate yourself to her, make sure you are committed to the one you chose to give your love to." Nayeon concludes.

"You don't really feel anything is wrong with you two?" Sana looks pleading.

"Oh, there are many things wrong with us. But, answering your question, I don't feel like there was supposed to be anything beyond. I can't speak for Nayeon, but I feel that I'm complete, that she fills every blank there was, and nothing more is missing." momo answers truthfully.

"I think Momo spoke for us both. It feels like Momo was the part of me that I was missing. Like I said, I learned with my own parents that having a soulmate isn't needed to love someone truthfully, but Momo came and filled all the spaces, and I don't think I really need more after we found each other."

"I understand what you are both saying, but the empty feeling is here, and I don't know how to not think about it."

"That's why I said you might want to talk to Mina. We can't help because we don't know how. But Mina has two flowers, they didn't bloom at the same time, so her and Tzu will be able to tell you about their own experience before Chae." Nayeon rests a hand on Sana's. "All I can say is, don't try to run from the feeling, just understand it, and learn to work around it. My parents did, so did your in-laws, you've seen it's possible, maybe just talk to Jeongyeon more about it, you could help each other overcome it."

"Great, now I just have to talk to the greatest brick-head the world has ever seen." Sana huffs.

"She can't be that bad." Momo tries.

"Oh, once she went home at two a.m. because she didn't want to tell me my polyester sheets were giving her a rash. AND I HAD ASKED HER ABOUT IT WHEN I SAW THE RED AREA BLEEDING A LITTLE!" Sana gets annoyed.

The older two just laugh, their younger friend just huffs and sulks a little. It was a bit cute, but Sana only got more questions. She got that they might be trying to tell her something, without just coming out and saying it, but she still can't understand what that might be. Maybe talking to Mina and Tzuyu is the way to go, and she decides to drag Jeongyeon along for that, even if she has to chain the girl down to do so.

"So, I think I should get going. Jeong is about to get off work, and I said I would come over to make sure she did her homework properly. Believe me when I say this, that girl will do anything and everything to avoid studying." Sana gets up.

"Come over whenever. If we are not here, Momo's is about five blocks away." Nayeon pats the younger's head.

"I will, thanks. The two of you. I love my girlfriend, but I need to talk to people without her around sometimes." Sana starts heading to the door.

"We get it. Yeonnie had always had a bit of trouble before Jihyo became her friend, but I've always had Hana, we know sometimes there are things we can't or don't want to talk about with each other. Just reach out, I'm sure any of the girls wouldn't mind lending a hand." Momo pats Sana's head as they reach the door.

They say their goodbyes, Sana gives them both a hug and goes off with lighter steps, but more questions then when she came. Indeed Nayeon and Momo were something else. The eldest couple had this childish aura about them, but would both be the unnies whenever they had to without hesitation. Both would get this unwavering confidence when they got serious, it got Sana thinking of how sharp both really were, and how good they were at not showing it.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

95.3K 2.6K 25
When your own eyes felt like they have their own minds and it automatically look on specific one person. It just kept on looking on her and felt like...
17.4K 499 18
Everyone has a different way that they meet their soulmate; however, it's hard to know when the mark you have has multiple different outcomes.
204K 9.7K 19
Soul mate AU Be careful. If you hurt yourself someone else sees it If your draw on yourself someone else sees it If you write on yourself someone els...
114K 5.3K 59
COMPLETE: Growing up everyone knew about soulmates. A mark would appear on your body on your 16th birthday and the person who shared your mark was y...