Mafiatale Sans x female reade...

By moon1767

Over thousands of years the Underground's hopes of becoming free had slowly disappeared and have gone to alte... More

Paying respects
What?
Short-Lived Memories
Not like other Flappers
First Day
I'm not Intimidated
Company to its extent
Falling Into Place
Set in Stone
Not a Freak
Make Yourself Known
Is This Love?
A Change
Going Out In Style
Uncalled For
Jealousy
A Fifty-Fifty Chance
A Turn of Events
Needs
The Bargain
Determination
Epilogue
(My reason for writing this book)

No Dice

3.6K 111 204
By moon1767

Everything about Sans I couldn't trust, specifically his smile; he always looks like he knows something about me as if he's heard my darkest secrets. I kept a cold stare on Sans who waited patiently for my response to hear him out on his deal. 

     "So you say you have a deal for me?"

     "i'm being square with ya, doll."

     I didn't wait for Chara to make any other remarks. 

     "Okay, lay it on me."

     Sans was relieved by my answer and his smile softened, looking less vicious and predatory than before. He cleared his non existent throat and subconsciously picked at the buttons on his vest.

     "i've been thinking about the night i first met you down in that alleyway, surrounded by those palookas who thought they could have barney-mugging with ya and blow ya down afterwards," He paused for a short moment almost as if he was nervous to continue. "to be honest with ya (y/n) doll, you won't last long out here without my help."

     Chara somehow found Sans' last remark amusing and burst into a laughing fit, causing me to flinch by her unexpected reaction.

     "Help!? And he wants you to trust him!"

     Chara's laughter died quickly, still curious to know what Sans has to offer.

      "What do you mean I won't last long without your help, are you saying I can't take care of myself?"

      Sans detected my tone of anger.

      "hey, hey, i don't mean ya any offense, but you know i'm telln' the true."

     I sputtered in disbelief not knowing what to say back, I didn't want to admit that he was right. 

     "I'm not helpless out here, i'm twenty-two; not a child."

     "i can see that, doll." 

     Sans' calming state changed to anger and clenched his teeth together, which strained his smile.

     "I know why you want to me to rely on you and it's not going to work. You just want my soul so you can use it for selfish reasons instead of trying to use it to break free from this Hell hole!"

     Suddenly I felt my back hit against the brick building as Sans boxed me in with his arms on either side of me. His left eye began to glow a deep blue.

     "now (y/n), that wasn't very nice of you to assume my intentions—what makes you think that i would want your soul when i already got everything i could ever have? i got dough, i already got power; the dames go crazy for a someone like me—so what makes you think that a wealthy, monster with hundreds of hatchet men at my fingertips would want a human like you?"

     Every word he spat was like poison. But nonetheless, he stayed calm.

     Chara and I were speechless. Her dominate, bold demeanor had disappeared, leaving me just as scared as she was.

     "what's wrong, doll? are ya scared, ya finally know your place here in this "hell hole"?" 

     Sans grabbed my chin, forcing me to look up at his face and his one blue eye. But the moment lasted for a split second before he jumped back and gripped his arm, causing his eye to flare up blue flames.

     "that goddamn protection spell!" Sans hissed as he tried to put out the growing flame on the cuff of his suit.

     I take my chance and bolted down the sidewalk. I don't know where i'm going but as long as i'm far away from a monster that most likely wants to kill me, that's fine by me. 

     As I ran, I heard Sans shout at me before I turned the corner.

     "that spell can't save you forever, it'll be gone by tomorrow!"

     His voice roared in my ears but he never ran after me. I kept my speed with tears flowing down my face as I ignored stranger's stares as I rushed past them to get home.

     I made it back to my flat building just in time for dinner but that was the last thing on my mind. I'm done for. Not only did Toriel's protection spell did its job, it did its job on the most dangerous mafia leader that just so happens to have his eye on me.

     "Oh boy, you fucked up..." Chara snickered.

     "We'll talk about this later. So for now, shut the hell up. I don't want to get into another fight."

     I unlocked the front door only to find out that the chain lock was in use. I sigh and cursed under my breath but moments later, a voice came from the other side of the door.

     "Who's there!? I'm warning you; i'm armed!"

     I recognized it was Ms. Hop who didn't sound like her cheery self.

     "It's me, (y/n), and why is the chain lock on?"

     The front door opened and I was met with a quite frightened Ms. Hop holding a baseball bat that had Will's name carved into the side.

     "Heavens to Betsy you gave me quite a scare! I thought you were some of Sans' Venatores men coming back to do God knows what next!"

     The realization hit me and I remembered Sans telling his two henchmen to deliver my free-of-charge groceries back to my flat.

     "I'm sorry Ms. Hop, those men were given orders from Sans to take my groceries back here..."

     Ms. Hop dropped the bat in shock as it clattered to the wood floor, causing Will to rush out of the kitchen holding a frying pan with a look of terror on his face.

     "You hurt ma?" Will says frantically.

     Ms. Hop glares back at me.

     "I'm fine Will, it's just (y/n)—who happens to have a lot of explaining to do...

*    *    *

It was late and the bar was packed as usual with familiar faces of other monsters that always came every night to either drink away their miserable lives or risk it all on gambling. The one's that gambled were always too drunk to ever figure out that their game of poker was rigged, but the ones that did find out would find themselves "taken care of" out back of the bar. The few ones that were completely wasted stayed to gamble long enough to realize that they no longer have enough money to buy themselves another drink or hail a cab home and are forced to walk home in the freezing cold. 

     Grillby's always seems to attract the lost souls of hopeless citizens of the Underground; one of them being Sans who has is head resting in his hand while the other held his drink. He stared at the wall in front of him with a blank expression, not really caring about the monsters that would occasionally steal a glance to get a glimpse of the well known leader of the Venatores.

     Sans sighs in frustration as he takes another sip of his Gin Rickey that had a spoonful of ketchup that he requested. He looks at his bandaged hand remembering when he grabbed (y/n) and triggered her protection spell to burn him. Still lost in his thoughts, Sans didn't notice a familiar figure approaching him from the right and sat down in the unoccupied seat next to him.

     "I figured I would find you here, brother."

     Sans finally broke from his train of thought and looked over to see his taller, slimmer, yet younger sibling who had a displeased expression.

     "what's with that look?" Sans grumbles.

     "You know why i'm here; the plan, what happened? You were suppose to get the human on our side..."

     "i hate to break it to ya papyrus but i'm not exactly the lovey dovey type; it's easier to swoon broads that are interested in me for my cash."

     "That's because the only type of women you swoon are hookers and i'm positive that that human girl isn't one."

     "and what makes you think she's not a hooker interested in my money?" Sans questioned his brother.

     A smile crept onto Papyrus' face.

     "Because hookers don't run away from wealthy men like us."

     Sans looked over at his brother's smug face and sneered.

     "Now I see why she scared of you."

     Sans mumbled to himself in annoyance as he pulled out a cigar and attempted to light it but he was having trouble trying to get even the littlest spark going with his current state of frustration. With Sans not having any luck, Papyrus sighs and pulls out his own lighter and hands it to Sans who was now emitting a low growl but notices his brothers generosity and his low growling ceases.

     "thanks paps, hey—why ya still carrying this thing around? thought ya quit smokin' last month."

     "I did, but everywhere I go there's always another poor sap that doesn't have a light or they're stuck in your current situation."

     Sans puffs some smoke and hands the lighter back as Papyrus slips it back into his coat that rested on top of his shoulders with the sleeves unoccupied of his arms which were resting on the counter top. Papyrus signals the bartender and the walking body of flames makes his way towards the corner.

     "Papyrus—well aren't you hitting all eight, didn't you quit drinking some time ago?" The flaming bartender crackled.

     Sans fully turns in his seat and faces Papyrus.

     "since when did you started going out on the roof?"

     "For Pete's sake Sans I don't come here to drown my sorrows in alcohol like you do when you don't get everything you want. And yes, I quit because I don't want to fall into the spiraling fate of a boozehound." 

     Papyrus glared at Sans after that last word.

    "Hey, I didn't get dragged over here just to get stuck in some "family bonding" discussion." The bartender's flames billowed a bit.

     "I'm sorry Grillby, I brought you over here to tell you that Sans here has had enough and that we'll be leaving."

     "what!?" Sans interrupts. "i'm perfectly sober, and i haven't gotten my fill yet!"

     Sans stands up from his seat and stumbles into the counter and Papyrus groans knowing that his assumption was correct.

     "May I remind you that you are in charge of multi-million dollar company that can't afford to get drunk during work hours."

     Sans sighs and looks over at his empty drink that had a thin residue of ketchup at the bottom of the glass.

     "Come on Sans, I can't keep the boys waiting..."

     "fine. grillb's, put tonight on my tab."

     "Sure thing boss." The flaming figure gave a burning hot smile.

     Papyrus and Sans made their way out the back while Sans had a slight stumble to his step as Papyrus kept a casual grip on Sans' shoulders to prevent him from running into any guests. The two stepped out into the cool night as a winter breeze began to pick up and Sans spotted the black Citroën waiting for them both. 

     "only one citroën this time?"

     "Don't complain Sans, there were some calls so the others had to take it with them on the job."

     "i wasn't complain'n, but if those bruno's dirty up my car with blood and dust..."

     A well built monster in a black suit and hat came out from the passenger seat and opened the car doors as Sans and Papyrus slid in. The built monster closed the doors behind them and looked around if anyone was following, he signaled to the two brothers that the cost is clear and walked back to the passenger seat. The car began at a steady pace as the silence mimicked but was cut short once Papyrus looked away from the window.

     "Look brother, I know we're both specialized in killing and not protecting, but there has to be some other way we can think of that can get this human girl to trust us," Sans didn't want to admit it but his brother was right, he had to find a way to get his (y/n) to trust him, if not, at least her to trust his brother. "Besides, we don't have much time before—"

     "before the infernums find out. i know paps. you tell me this everyday."

     They both knew they didn't have much time until the Infernums get the news of another human that's in Snowdin City. Otherwise if they can't gain the human's trust soon, they can kiss their whole plan goodbye.

     "Y'know, we still have one last option..."

     Sans' white pinprick pupils disappeared.

     "no."

     "not him. you know what he's capable of,"

     "But he's family!" Papyrus argues.

     Sans pinches the bridge of his nose.

     "...he was never family to begin with."

     The rest of the ride home stayed silent for the two brothers as they looked straight ahead through the snow covered windshield; not giving the smallest amount of empathy to each other.

*     *     *

Dinner felt more like a court case more than an actual dinner; Ms. Hop made me swear to her that I will never associate with Sans or any other monster that's part of the Venatores, even though that's going to be highly unlikely since Sans wasn't happy with me after I ran away and leaving him to the wrath of Toriel's protection spell. 

     After an hour of less eating and more promising, I retired upstairs to my actual flat to see what Sans' henchmen had done with my groceries. I unlock the door and walked straight to the kitchen. I open the fridge and cabinets only to find that they had neatly put all of my food away. I was shocked by how they were nice enough to not leave everything on the counter, but I shook my head remembering that they were only doing their job and not as an act of kindness. I decided to look around the place to see if they did other things besides putting the groceries away.

     I check the bathroom and saw that it had been untouched except for what looked like my comb that had some tuffs of purple fur. I grimace and chuck the comb into the wastebasket and made a mental note to buy a new one. Lastly, I check my bedroom which was poorly put back together; the dresser drawers were half open with close hanging out and laying on the floor while my bed sheets were completely taken off and the mattress was flipped over to see if it had a secret compartment underneath.

     "The nerve of them to come snoop around the rest of my place thinking it's okay!"

     I ignored the fact that I was beginning to talk like everyone in the Underground as I made an attempt to put my room back together. I pushed the mattress back into the bed frame and tossed the sheets on top. 

     I began folding clothes only to realize that a pair of my panties had gone missing and scoff in disgust.

     "I bet Sans specifically asked them to do that." Chara comments.

     I shiver at the thought of the large skeleton drooling over my silk panties and taking in my scent with a deep inhale.

     "D-don't be ridiculous, I would rather believe that one of those monsters that dropped our groceries off has them for themselves instead of for Sans."

     "Liar!"

     My face heated up as Chara chanted 'liar' in a singing tone.

     "Shut up!"

     I was able to clean and fold the rest of my clothes and headed to the bathroom to shower. Once I had finished I went over to the kitchen to get a snack but something had caught my eye on the kitchen table that I didn't notice was there before; it was a letter with a purple seal that looked just like the symbol of Toriel's protection spell. I pick up the letter and check if the seal had already been broken by the nosey Venatores men and to my luck, it had not. I open the seal and pull out the letters and smiled once I saw that the first letter had poor handwriting and most likely was from Asriel.

Deer (y/n),

     It feels like it has been a million years since I saw you, but ma insists that it's almost been two days. I hope no trouble boys have taken you yet, because then you can't write to me about what's it's like living in the big city! Ma has been worried sick since you left and hopes that spell she gave you is still working but i'm a wise head to know that you don't need it but I hope you are still alive when you get this!

Your best friend, Asriel

P.S. You should send some 'sew-van-nears' for me and ma

I laughed to myself at Asriel's misspelling and how genuinely childish he really is at heart even though he clearly is one. Chara didn't say a word the whole time I was reading, perhaps she felt just as touched as I did after reading Asriel's letter. I read through the letter a few more times for laughs before I went to Toriel's.   

Dear Ms. (y/n),

     I know that it may seem strange to receive a letter from me after such a short period of time, but naturally Asriel and I were both anxious to know if you made it safely. I'm also worried about the protection spell I put on you, it can sometimes be a little faulty and not work from time to time but hopefully you didn't have to use since it suppose to wear off by tomorrow morning. I wish I could give you another protection spell but unfortunately it requires a lot of energy in order for it to work properly. 

     Will had came by this morning for the daily delivery of pies, but I never had the chance to ask him about you. By the way, how was your first day on the job at my bakery? I hope it wasn't too hard for you, monsters can be a little rude towards humans sometimes, especially since humans tend to attract gangs. Oh, how the nights worry me about your safety. I would love it if you wrote back as soon as possible so that it can calm Asriel's nerves and I.

Your loving "mother", Toriel

P.S. I have some new recipes for you and Betsy to work on for my bakery, I hope you enjoy!

I loved the fact that Toriel had added quotation marks to the word 'mother' to be polite enough as to claim that she is not my actual mother. The idea of seeing Toriel as my mother made my eyes tear up. She must've knew that I feel lonely and that I no longer have my family with me in this strange world.

     Before I could burst into tears, I stopped myself in the act as I looked around for a pen and a piece of paper to write a letter back. I managed to find an old fountain pen and some crumpled paper and sat down on my messy bed and tapped the end of the pen on the side of my head, waiting for inspiration.

     "Stop tapping the pen on your skull; it makes everything echo in here."

     I stopped tapping and realized that Chara had insulted me.

     "Ha, ha, you're such the comedian."

     I began to write and let the blue ink flow from the pen as I concentrated word after word.

Dear Toriel and Asriel,

     I got to Betsy's place safely, there were a few complication with directions but a policewoman was able to help me find the right direction. The first day at the bakery was a bit difficult but I was able to manage, and surprisingly there wasn't any trouble with the customers with me being a human. Snowdin City is very different compared to the surface so it's going to take a while to get use to rather old accustoms.

Yours truly, (y/n)

     The letter was short and simple and would've been longer if I mentioned the current issue I have with a human soul using me as a vessel and a mafia leader named Sans that wants my soul and possibly more than just that, but I think it would be best if I leave those certain details out.

     "Wow. Your letter is boring."

     "And I bet you think you can do better?"

     "Yes."

     Chara stayed quiet as well as I did. I could feel a certain sadness that Chara was emitting off of her that was affecting me.

     "Chara...is there something you want to tell me?" I say concerned.

     "Nothing that's any of your concern!" Chara snaps.

     "Okay, I just wanted to make sure if you were fine, jeez."

     I could feel that Chara was trying to hold something back but I didn't want to pry.

     "Let's just go bed, please? I'm feeling tired."

     "You're feeling tired because I am feeling tired."

     "Whatever." She mumbles.

     I folded up the letter and placed it on the counter to remind myself to ask Ms. Hop in the morning if she has any envelopes.

     As I washed my face and dried it with a towel, I looked up in the mirror and saw Chara's face instead of mine, only this time it didn't look as rotten and maggot infested; she almost looked alive.

     "(y/n)."

     "Yes Chara?"

     Chara's mouth moved in the reflection every time she spoke.

     "What are we going to do when our protection spell is gone tomorrow morning?"

     "I'm not so sure myself, maybe after work we can find a place that sells switchblades just so we can have something to protect us."

     "Does that mean we get to kill the monsters who try to hurt us!?"

     A knot began to form in my stomach after Chara had emphasized the word 'kill' in a very enthusiastic tone.

     "No, that doesn't mean you get to kill any monster that tries to hurt us."

     "Not even Sans?" Chara frowns.

     My heart skipped a beat for some reason at the sound of Sans' name and Chara noticed.

     "Oh my God what was that!? Your heart just did something weird after I said Sans."

     My heart fluttered again.

     "There it is! It just happened again!" Chara said excitedly.

     I began to panic and quickly left the bathroom and rushed to my bed where I hide underneath the blankets and tucked my knees to my chest. 

     I—I can't possibly be in love with such a crude and dangerous monster!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

17.1K 372 31
Your walk through the town at night.Ever sense monsters have been free from the mountain. Staying in hiding from the world. The creature that humans...
156K 6.3K 20
In the business of human trafficking, mercy isn't a well known word. You and your crate mate, a child named Frisk, are obidiently waiting to be relea...
6.7K 157 24
Lazara, a mafia leader's daughter, was pushed by some enemies of her father's into the world of monsters. What will happen, when little miss gets-eve...
65.1K 2.4K 21
"If you like someone for a reason then you have a crush But if you like someone for no reason then you are in love." Chara and (Y/N) were the Queens...