Resident Evil 2: Moondrop Blo...

By CelestialShadowWolf

The Blood Saga-Book 1 of 4 As Raccoon City is submerged in blood and littered with corpses, the dead wander t... More

{•Chapter One•}
{•Chapter Two•}
{•Chapter Three•}
{•Chapter Four•}
{•Chapter Five•}
{•Chapter Six•}
{•Chapter Seven•}
{•Chapter Eight•}
{•Chapter Nine•}
{•Chapter Ten•}
{•Chapter Eleven•}
{•Chapter Twelve•}
{•Chapter Thirteen•}
{•Chapter Fifteen•}
{•Chapter Sixteen•}
{•Chapter Seventeen•}
{•Chapter Eighteen•}
{•Chapter Nineteen•}
{•Chapter Twenty•}
{•Chapter Twenty-One•}
{•Epilogue•}
{•Sequel is Out•}

{•Chapter Fourteen•}

1.8K 62 13
By CelestialShadowWolf

A/n: How's the story so far? If any of you have questions, feel free to comment or PM me. I'll gladly answer anything! Love you all!!!
~✨Celestial✨~
•••••••••••••••••••••
"Jesus Christ!" Leon shouted as the mutated alligator thrashed in the tunnel and charged at him, splashing wildly as it stormed through the tainted water.

Ada leaned over the edge of the catwalk, shouting at the officer below. "Leon, get out of there!"

The enormous alligator emerged from the tunnel, chasing after Leon. Gwen didn't hesitate and jumped down, landing on the scaly creature's back. "What the hell are you doing?!" Ada screamed as the archivist grabbed ahold of one of the monster's spines.

"Saving my boyfriend!" Gwen yelled back, holding on for dear life as the alligator pursued Leon. It lunges forward, trying to snap the blonde up into its mouth and devour him. "Keep running, Leon!"

At hearing Gwen's shouting, Leon glanced over his shoulder for a split second before dodging the alligator's mouth. "What're you doing on its back?!"

"Just shut up before you bite your tongue off!" Gwen patted her hip pouch, scavenging for the grenade she found in the gun shop. "Ah-ha!" She grabbed the explosive and placed it between her teeth. The woman climbed up the alligator's massive body until she reached its head. Latching on to its muzzle, she leaned over to the side and pulled the pin from the grenade. Without wasting a second, Gwen tossed the explosive in the mutated creature's mouth and watched as it swallowed the projectile.

Eagerly, Gwen awaited for the explosion and it soon came. From behind her, she watched and heard the grenade go off and create a hole in the alligator's body. Morosely, it wasn't enough to kill it, but it did slow it down. "Are you kidding me...?" She returned to the top of its head and shouted out to the man who was still running for his life. "Leon, we're gonna need a bigger explosion!"

"It's not like I carry a missile launcher with me, Gwen!" He shouted, avoiding being chomped alive.

"How nice that would be if you did!"

The alligator lunged once more and Gwen feared for Leon's life as the creature's teeth grazed his form. Fortunately, the sewer system sloped downward and the blonde was saved by the stroke of luck. He slid down the ramp, narrowly missing a gas pipe. Unfortunately for the alligator, its jaw hooked onto the pipe and sent Gwen flying off its head from the unexpected jolt. Her body sunk into the murky water while Leon grasped his pistol and shot the gas pipe.

A deafening, scorching explosion rang throughout the sewer, blowing the alligator's head clean off its body into myriads of pieces. "Chew on that, you overgrown son of a bitch," Leon hissed, holstering his pistol. He glanced to where Gwen landed and noticed she hadn't emerged from the sewage. "Gwen, you okay?"

The archivist flew out of the grotesque water with a gasp, spitting out what had made it into her mouth. "My mouth was open..." She said in a high-pitched voice, her tone sounding airy from shock at the revelation.

Leon trudged through the water and past a chunk of the alligator's jaw as he went over to aid Gwen. "Gross." He offered her a hand, mentally noting how only her neck and up were above the surface.

The young woman accepted Leon's outstretched hand and allowed him to pull her out of the murky liquid. "You can say that again... I feel sick..." She placed a hand over her mouth, the urge to vomit tempting her stomach.

"If you need to, we're already in the sewer. No point in keeping it down," Leon said.

"I-I think I can keep it down..." Gwen mumbled, her voice shaking from trying to keep the contents of her stomach from escaping.

"Hey, lovebirds!" Ada shouted, unlatching a ladder near them. "Enough flirting! Just get up here!"

"What part of that was flirting?" The sapphire-eyed woman murmured under her breath.

Leon and Gwen climbed up the ladder, regrouping with Ada. The archivist wrung our her clothes in hopes some of the odor from being tossed into sewage would vanish. Her hair was soaked and stuck to her face as she tried to comb it behind her ears. "No more mutant alligators, please."

"Can't say I didn't warn you," Ada exhaled, leading the way down the path.

"You said the virus turned people into monsters, not reptiles," Leon retorts vehemently.

"Are we not gonna discuss the fact that there was an alligator in the sewer in the first place?" Gwen pondered. "I had no idea Raccoon City had any alligators whatsoever."

"That, too," Leon huffed.

"Both fair points. I'm just impressed you both made it in one piece," Ada responded with a hint of amazement in her voice. "Especially you, Gwen. Most people run from mutated reptiles, not catch a ride on their backs."

"Leon needed help. Is it a sin to help your boyfriend when he's about to become gator bait?" Gwen responded defensively, crossing her arms as they walked.

"No, but it's completely moronic to hitch a ride on a mutated alligator's back."

Gwen gritted her teeth and went to lash out at Ada, but Leon placed a hand on top of her head. The simple touch of his hand was enough to silence her and hold back the fiery retort she had brewed. He stopped in his tracks, standing beside her with a wide smile. His hand moved to the side of her head, pulling her face closer to his. Bending down due to their height difference, the blonde pressed his lips against her cheek. "Even though it was stupid, I still want to thank you."

The archivist playfully shoved him off of her, feeling heat rise to her cheeks from the sudden kiss. "Yeah, yeah... Just try to watch out for mutated gators next time."

At the end of the passageway was a room containing an elevator. Ada pressed the button, summoning the lift. Once it arrived, the trio stepped aboard and descended further into the sewer. The agent leaned against the wall, crossing her arms and waiting for the elevator to take them to their destination.

Leon felt the silence was suffocating and questioned Ada. "So let me get this straight: Umbrella sells monsters like that to who? Our military? Somebody else's?"

The agent shook her head. "They don't sell the monsters, they sell the viruses that make them. And Annette is who makes the viruses. Scary as that alligator was... Annette is far more dangerous."

Gwen leaned against the back wall of the elevator, still unable to believe or imagine Annette was the one behind the outbreak. Even though she hadn't know the doctor for long, she knew she couldn't have been all bad if she helped her escape. "I'm still in shock that Doctor Birkin is behind all this. I've been wanting to see her again and thank her for helping me, but... this is not how I imagined it."

Ada eyed Gwen's melancholic expression with her determined one. "People can change in eleven years, Gwen. She's not the doctor who saved your life, she's the one who infected an entire city."

"But do people really change? I want to talk to her before you kill her. Promise me that much, Ada," Gwen said, her melancholic expression replaced with a heated one.

The short-haired woman stared into Gwen's burning sapphire eyes for a few seconds before answering with a deep sigh. "Fine. You'll get your chance to talk to Annette. But the moment she runs, you've lost that privilege."

A ghost of a smile passed across the young woman's face. "Thank you, Ada."

The elevator made a small 'ding,' signifying the group had reached their destination. They stepped off the lift and crossed through another room until they reached another door. As Gwen pushed the metal door open, a familiar voice was heard. "Definitely William's handiwork..."

Gwen recognized the slightly raspy tone and stepped out into the hallway. Her lapis eyes widened when she spotted Annette kneeling over a dead body. "Doctor Birkin..."

When Annette heard Gwen's voice, her gaze was torn from the body and turned to the woman who stood a few feet away. "Gwendolyn?" The older woman stood up, taking a single step towards her. When Leon and Ada stepped out the door, Annette immediately retracted her advances.

The archivist decided to be the one to approach Annette, seeing the blonde wasn't happy to see Leon or Ada. "It's been four years, Doctor."

"Yes," Doctor Birkin's eyes bounced between the two unknown individuals. "It has. How... Why are you here?"

"We're here for the G-Virus!" Ada proclaimed, aiming the pistol at the doctor. The agent pushed past Gwen, glaring at Annette.

"Put your weapon down!" Gwen shouted, stepping in front of the gun to keep Ada from firing. "You told me I could talk to her."

"Ada," Leon called out to the agent. "Lower it."

"I said you could talk to her. Never said I wouldn't point a gun at her," the chocolate-eyed woman rebuttals.

Gwen glowered at Ada before turning her attention to Annette. "I've been wanting to say this for the past four years-thank you. If it wasn't for you, I'd still be a guinea pig for Doctor Griffyn."

"That bastard is still alive and looking for you. The only reason I helped you escape was because I didn't approve of his methods. Ever since he joined Umbrella, I hated the man. When I heard he ordered for a young test subject, I was sick to my stomach when the guards brought back a five-year-old child," Anette explained, continuing to back away from the group.

"I-I know Griffyn is still alive because... I found a recording of him meeting with Chief Irons dated only a week ago," Gwen said, worry filling her voice. Her fear of the unhinged doctor was still indestructible after four years of freedom.

Leon was taken aback at the sudden revelation. "When did you see the video?"

Gwen glanced over her shoulder at him. "When we found that USB in the S.T.A.R.S. badge. I-I couldn't believe the chief had connections with Griffyn."

"Enough of this chit-chat. Give us the virus, Annette!" Ada demanded.

The doctor smirked at the agent. "That's not going to happen."

"I'm warning you, doctor!" Ada growled, stepping closer to Annette.

"Oh, yeah?" Doctor Birkin whipped out a lighter, popped it open, and tossed it onto the corpse. The dead man's body combusted into flames, Annette making her escape while the trio was distracted by the burning body.

"Stop!" Ada yelled at the doctor, chasing after her.

"Wait, Annette!" Gwen screamed.

The FBI agent turned the corner, a rain of bullets greeting her. Leon reacted quickly and tackled Ada to safety but ended up taking a single bullet to his left shoulder. He grimaced in pain as he turned over on his back on the ground, blood streaming from the bullet hole in his shoulder. Gwen chased after Anette, but she didn't make it far. Doctor Birkin ran down the hall and turned just as a heavy door gradually closed behind her. The archivist saw sorrow in Annette's gaze as she shouted at her. "I'm sorry, Gwendolyn, but you'll never get the G-Virus!" The cement door sealed, creating a dead end.

"Didn't expect that from a scientist," Ada mumbled.

Gwen rushed over to Leon and fell to her knees beside him, analyzing his painful expression. "So much for a bullet-proof vest," she teased, trying to lighten the dampened mood. The young woman placed her hand against his cheek, stroking his skin gently. "We need to patch you up. Let me-"

Leon gripped the hand that rested on his cheek. "I'll be fine. Just need some gauze to wrap the wound..." The officer's voice trailed off, and Gwen knew he was falling unconscious due to the blood loss and immense level of pain.

His hand dropped from hers and the woman moved hers to his hair, stroking the soft locks between her fingers. "Just rest, Leon."

Listening to Gwen's soothing voice was enough for Leon to fall unconscious. With help from Ada, the two women propped the officer's body up against a nearby wall. The agent removed her trench coat, revealing a deep red dress with black highlights underneath. She splayed the article of clothing over Leon before stepping away and tugging on the straps of her dress. "I'm going after Annette. You stay here and do whatever you can for Leon."

"I will. Be careful, Ada," Gwen said. Ada sauntered off, doing whatever she could to reach Annette.

Gwen had gauze in her hip pouch, but she knew she could help him more by using her blood. She heard his request to just use the gauze but decided to go against his wishes. "Sorry, Leon, but I can't stand seeing you in pain." She grabs the empty vial from her pocket, Leon's combat knife, and a single roll of crushed herbs.

Using the blade, Gwen sliced the same fingertip open when she displayed her blood to Leon in the dark room. The blood droplets dripped into the vial, filling it halfway. Once the blood was stirred, the inky-haired woman added the herbs and mixed it again.

The silver transformed into a deep magenta, a smile etched across Gwen's face. "Alright, it's done." She turned to Leon, who's face was contorted with pain. With the knife, she cut his sleeve off to get a better view of the bullet wound. Leon was fortunate for the bullet had passed through his shoulder and wasn't embedded in his flesh.

Gwen realized if Leon were to wake from his unconscious state, he would refuse the remedy. She bit her bottom lip, knowing exactly what she'd have to do next. "It's just a kiss..."

The archivist swallowed nervously before pouring the magenta liquid into her mouth and placing her lips over Leon's. She pushed the liquid into his mouth and waited to feel him swallow. Luckily, he swallowed every single drop and Gwen pulled away. She reclined her head against his uninjured shoulder for a minute before lifting her head and eyeing the wound.

Steadily, the skin mended as if it were stitching itself back together with invisible thread. Gwen watched his expression as it altered from one of pain to one of peace and tranquility. She exhaled, jubilant to see him resting peacefully for the time being.

"He'll be mad when he wakes up and learns I used my blood." Gwen pulled out the gauze and used a small cut of it to purge Leon's shoulder of blood and what of the crimson liquid that had cascaded down his arm. She glanced at him with a half smile. "You need the rest, but don't keep me waiting too long, Leon." The young woman sat beside the unconscious man, waiting for him to open his eyes.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

24.9K 758 13
You've just been informed by Chief Irons himself that not only are you to just drop all the missing kid cases piled up on your desk for the rapidly r...
8.4K 378 26
❝𝘓𝘦𝘰𝘯... 𝘐 𝘬𝘯𝘰𝘸 𝘐 𝘩𝘢𝘷𝘦𝘯'𝘵 𝘵𝘰𝘭𝘥 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘺𝘦𝘵, 𝘣𝘶𝘵 𝘪𝘵'𝘴 𝘨𝘰𝘰𝘥 𝘵𝘰 𝘴𝘦𝘦 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘢𝘨𝘢𝘪𝘯. 𝘐'𝘮 𝘫𝘶𝘴𝘵 𝘥𝘪...
25.3K 1.2K 60
(Resident Evil fanfic~ Leon x male! Reader) :I do not own any of the RE characters, I only own the story and what goes on within.: You grew up in the...
15.4K 335 6
Warning: This fanfic is based of the re3 remake, please don't read if you haven't played yet. You, Y/N L/N were a cop working at the RPD. Life befor...