Illmatic Treasure

By teddylynette

~ Imprisioned by vision Pardoned by dreams Captive to potential I've found freedom in love An endangered spe... More

Illmatic Poetry #1
Illmatic Prologue
Illmatic 1
Illmatic 2
Illmatic 3
Illmatic 4
Illmatic 5
Illmatic 6
Illmatic 7
Illmatic 8
Illmatic 9
Illmatic 10
Illmatic 11
Illmatic 13
Illmatic 14
Illmatic 15

Illmatic 12

114 3 29
By teddylynette

I Can ...

Maybe he was a test run or just practice for the next man; the right man perhaps.
He was temporary peeks of sunshine on a rainy day. The lil' bright specks that shoot through dark gray clouds.
Yea, I'll look at it in a new perspective to get over the wool that was pulled over my naive eyes. I was giving it all the benefit of doubt but, even that was too much.
That emotional rollercoaster has descended for now. I will keep my eyes open and not be lead astray by foolery.
Alijah I can ..
- Alijah Navae

Continuation : Last time on Illmatic Treasure.

Luxuxurious Captivity
10:30 PM Sunday Night

The relaxing melodelic voice of Sade's Smooth Operator serenades the young brown women's ears. While the smell of Cranberry Mandarin candles brings bliss to their senses as it fills the front room.
" Go fish baby! " Erica yells joyfully throwing down a two of hearts. I purse my lips and roll my eyes in defeat as, my index and middle finger frisbee it across my custom made dark brown wooden glass table in the living room to her side of the table.

" I don't wanna play no more Ri-Ri you took all my lil' quarters... I have never seen you act in this manner. " I pout throwing down the the remaining cards in my hand. Erica laughs evily with a mouth full of Cheetos sliding the eight quarters to her collection from the games before.
" Aw Babygirl don't get all bent it's just a game sweetheart! " Erica playfully throws in my face.

I giggle at that as I lay back on the soft offwhite fur carpet wiggling my freshly painted and moisturized orange-red polish toes. " Don't even try it because you was getting 187 hot when I won a hand! It was only one hand! " I stuck up my i ndex finger for emphasis.
" Wooooow Alijah wooow! " I bust out laughing at how dramatic Erica sounds.
" Flavor Flav head ass! " I holler hysterically cupping my hands around my mouth.
" Shut up! " She yells over my laughter throwing a Cheeto at my face. My mouth O's in unexpectedency.

" You childish! " I yell coughing trying to catch my breath. I throw one back her head moves to catch it quickly with her mouth. She chuckles under her breath chewing loudly.
" You playing too much now, I mumble while eating the leftover chips off the carpet ( five second rule ) , I just cleaned my crib today. " My hand dusts the residue off the soft and fluffy material.
" I'm not even gone front you the only one I know who can take this ass whooping like a woman. " Erica states as my lips smack involuntarily.

" You act like you didnt come from a family of women who gambled at the card table! Your grandmuva at one table pimpin' women outta they money like: " Un Uh Aretha you a dollar short don't make me jump over this table on you now! " I raise my voice as I think she would. " Plus it's just a game come on now. I'm a real one! " I exclaim her smile mirroring mine. We both know I am not hard up for money.

Erica nods her head agreeing.
" You already know! My moms and grammy was kickin' ass and taking names baby!
Every weekend it was bookoo people in the house getting tricked on. That's really how I learned watching them. They would pull some fly shit sometimes too... you know fix the deck to there liking every now and again. Then that's when people a get alil' crazy tryna fight and shit. " I chuckle a little as she shakes her head
reminiscing on her childhood.

" That's crazy E how women would lose damn near by the end of the night their whole paychecks. " Erica cackles throwing her head back. " Looney yo, then come back to get that ass beat again the next weekend. Make no mistake my moms and grammy would give out whoopings but, they took some also. " She confesses shuffling the cards.
" Shoot, I listen as she continues on chewing on my ice from the peach tea , We used to pay rent, lights, gas, even go shopping with the money they would make! Good times... " E express with delight.
" They were something else. " I giggle lightly. " Sho ya right! " Erica agree.

Suddenly the housephone and Erica's cell goes off at the same time scaring me.
" Who that ? " My eyebrows furrow in confusion as my heart smiles partially.
Could that be my Pops calling to chat with me? I miss my Pop something awful but, I'm also tight because he cancelled on me. Sundays is our day.
I don't care about the person that shot me right now or, if he caught the person.
I just want my Pops!

" Girl you know who it is , she smiles at me goofily urging me on, hurry before he hang up! My man is calling I'll take this upstairs. " Erica grins hopping up. Ri-Ri runs to and up the stairs while answering her cell with an angelic voice.
" Hello! "
I lift my being off the carpet with a grunt jogging to the cordless phone that rest upon the table in front of the window.

My breathing picks up my chest rising and falling slightly faster than normal. My clammy hand reach out to snatch the phone off the charger.
' Alijah, girl calm down what you catching anxiety for? ' " Relax, you wildin'. " I whisper to myself hastily. Answering the phone disregarding the number because, Pops calls from all kinds of numbers.

" Hello? " I answer with uncertainly in my tone as I collide with the sofa laying my body out. " Hey, Ebony eyes wassup baby?! " A medium deep voice with rasp and twang travels through the speaker alerting my ears like a hound.
" Un uh!, Who is this?! " My face scrunches up in confusion. I know it's not who I think it is! I only met dude once but I remember that voice because of the slight accent. One I never heard before.

" Yo, come on babygirl we both know you know just from how hostile you just got. You switched up quick. " He chuckles as my eyes roll to the ceiling my lips smirk.
" Breeze is that you? " I ask knowingly.
" Oh you remember me now? " I could only imagine B smiling from here.
" Oh yeah!, I squeal running my tongue over my teeth mischievously , How could I forget you baby?! Hot dick Breeze! " I exclaim ecstatic while his cackles tickle my ear. " You bought me drinks and thangs! How could I forget you honey?! "

" Oh, so I'm Hot Dick Breeze? That's messed up girl! Why you dissing me like that I thought we was cool? "
This guy here yo! My lips smack loudly in our ears. " We are cool honey my tone descends into a deep one as if I were telling him the 4-1-1, but if I'm not mistaken I did watch you run off like ya Johnson was hot! I ain't gone tell nobody though. " I promise as he breakout in another fit of laughter.
I release a few chortles that brings a smile to my face. " Breeze you silly yo. "
"I like you, we about to be friends forever you keep making me laugh like that! " He exclaims letting go of a " Woo! " go like he had to catch his breath.

" Im already knowing, I nod my head in agreement, how did you get my number? Not too many people have my number. "
I inquire questionably like I have so many friends or that I even talk to people on the phone for that matter.
" My girl Erica gave it to me... I want to ask you something. Plus I don't mind rappin' to you over the phone; Your good company. Especially since you trying to be on ya' freak shit tonight! Calling me Hot Dick Breeze and all. "

Im appaulded and amused as I sit up holding back my giggles that almost escape. " My freak shit? Breeze stop it pump ya breaks homie! It's not even that type of party... That is my name for you though. That's the impression you left on me. " I shrug my free shoulder as if I were saying: " It ain't my fault! "
" Yeah that's what your mouth saying. " I interupt him having enough hollering.
" Breeze ! " He chuckles a bit.
" It's just jokes chill! On the real, I really called to invite you to this little get together I'm having at the beach. You think you can make it? "

At the mention of a party cause chills of affliction to radiate over my whole body.
My throat gets tender with tearful emotion. My finger tips unconsciously massage my scalp as I swallow getting myself intact. " I'm not sure I'll have to check my schedule. I'm a busy young woman, Breeze. " My voice starts to come out wobbly but I catch it with a clearing of my throat. " Damn, Breeze's tone of disapointment lets out giving me second hand emotion, Well if you decide to come through it will be next Saturday at Rockaway in Queens. I'll pop it off at about 5 but we'll be out there all night baby! " I massage the nape of my neck as I think of a reply. How am I going to get out the house again? Do I even want to go out again? I mean I did get shot. I almost lost my life. Should I go out and risk my safety?

" I'll see what I can do friend I'm not going to make you any promises. " I can't lie to this man but I also don't need to tell him any of my business. " I feel you, Imma be calling you to remind you though... So don't forget about ya boy. " The sound of car horns being blown sounds off from his background. " Okay that's not a problem. "
" Ahite, Alijah I'll hit you later I gotta go. " I stand from the sofa walking back to the window sighing in relief.
" Okay Hot Dick Breeze! I'll talk to you later sweetie. " I lay on thick smiling and laughing goofily. " Later silly girl! " We laugh together before I hang up putting the cordless phone back on the charger.
My face scrunches up in indeciviness.
" Shit, Ri-Ri! " I scream in distress running upstairs.

~ ~ ~

Omniscient

A young man with the complexion of Fawn light yellow-brown covers his skinny build.
His masculine demeanor radiates confidence as he plants his brand new Jordan 3's upon the sophisticated floors of LeCouCou. A modern European resturant located in Soho, Lower Manhattan. The lights from the chandilers gives the illusion of a romance with dimmed lights in the rather spacious place. He makes his way to where the host stands awaiting guests.

The young man's vision catches a glimpse of the light brown curly tresses that he once had in a vice grip. A sensation of memory and pleasure hits his mental and groin at once. He chokes but hastily gets hisself together before he could reach the hostess; blinking to clear his mind.
He had his head on straight; It's just business.

" Hello sir, Welcome to LeCouCou ! Do you have reservations, or would you like a table? " The young woman greets him with a chiper tone and a bright smile upon her youthful face. Her positive energy jumps on him. " No, he looks down at her name tag that's attached to her white button down blouse, Raijon? " His eyes squint at her questionably. She nods in response.
" Yes sir. "
"I'm meeting with Ava Kentae. " He announces calmly as Raijon opens the reservation's book to see what table she seated her at 50 minutes ago.
" Okay, right this way sir. I'll lead you to her table. " The hostess says grabbing a menu for him.

Ava looks up from her steamy dinner just in time. " Well, Mr. Breeze I'm glad that you could make it. " Ava's physique radiates with glee when Breeze and Raijon- the hostess approach the table.
They smile at eachother although Ava's eyes swarming with a longing hunger that he caught.
" It looks like I'm just in time. " Breeze expresses sticking his hands in his pockets.
" Is there anything I could start you off with? " Raijon asks turning to Breeze as he takes a sit across the table from Ava.
" Uh yeah, let me get a Seagram's 7 with light ice. " He politely smiles at the hostess as she returns it and walks away to get his drink.
" Breeze your not gonna eat with me? I don't want to eat over you. " Ava says sipping from the flute filled with pink champagne.
" I already ate... Don't worry about me. " Breeze notifies her his voice full of nonchalant. His mind is really on the business that they have yet to discuss.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.7K 429 25
๐‘๐ž๐š๐ ๐ญ๐จ ๐…๐ข๐ง๐ ๐จ๐ฎ๐ญ
100 19 23
this time i cannot lose you please open your eyes please open your eyes why don't you love me every time you like to live me open your eyes please p...
7K 144 40
I'm not even safe in my own mind. #1 in 2amthoughts 8/13/2018
1.7M 51.8K 37
She thought she lost herself in love, but in fact she was found. Copyright ยฉ 2016 by moonpilots. All rights reserved. {featured on the official wat...