Memoir - A Collection Of Shor...

By M_Basu

(Completed) A collection of heart-warming stories from here and there More

๐—ฆ๐—ผ๐—บ๐—ฒ๐˜๐—ต๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—œ๐—ป๐—ป๐—ผ๐—ฐ๐—ฒ๐—ป๐˜
* ๐—›๐—ผ๐—บ๐—ฒ
๐—ฌ๐—ผ๐˜‚๐—ฟ ๐˜ƒ๐—ฎ๐—น๐—ฒ๐—ป๐˜๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ฒ
๐—ญ๐—ถ๐—ผ๐—ป & ๐—™๐—น๐—ผ๐˜€๐˜€๐˜†

๐—›๐—ถ๐˜€ ๐—”๐—ป๐—ด๐—ฒ๐—น

124 3 0
By M_Basu

Photo given at top - Joseph Morgan (Nicklaus)

~~~~~~~~~~Angie~~~~~~~~

Uh oh. I’ve been standing in the queue for half an hour and my feet is already hurting. Yeah blame it on my new sneakers but what was I supposed to do. My bestie gifted me as a parting gift yesterday and they are freaking cute <3

I never thought that I would be going abroad for my higher studies without my bestie. Travelling together has always been our dream but I guess life had other plans.

Which brings me back to where I’m waiting for almost one hour now and still counting.

Security check has always been a pretty lengthy procedure but I’m already used to it. I’ve never really travelled alone so managing two huge suitcases and a backpack wasn’t an easy job for me.

“Here let me help you with that”, offered a very kind voice and I found a green - eyed stranger on my left looking at me as if I was the most precious person that ever existed on this planet.

I was just about to pass those two giant suitcases through the baggage drop.

Damn what is it about his eyes which pulled me in? But I knew better than to entertain an unknown stranger so I politely declined his offer and got it done without his help.

He looked hurt for a minute but then plastered a fake smile and left me, staring at his retreating figure.

Another one hour and I was all set to board my plane. Ah finally! Excited I decided to call my bestie before leaving. Who knows what future has in store for me…..

~~~~~~~~~~~~Niklaus~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Angel.

That’s the first name that came to my mind when I set my eyes on her.

Brown wavy hair, pale skin, warm brown eyes and a smile which can make anyone fall in love, there stood a 5’ girl carrying two huge suitcases and a backpack by herself without any company.

I wonder how she even managed to carry them all by herself. Or the fact that such a beautiful creature is brave enough to travel alone intrigues me.

So after trying to hold myself back from approaching her for the past one hour I walked up to her and offered to help her with her bags bigger than her entire being.

However I never expected what happened next.

“Oh no thank you but I think I can manage it on my own”, was what she said to my offer and left me disheartened.

Oh Angel….if only you were strong enough to say ‘no’ like her…….

I was hurt but still plastered a smile and left the place. Time for me to get a cup of coffee.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Angie~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I never expected to meet the beautiful stranger again. He was sitting in front of me as I talked to my bestie over the phone.

“Babee I’m already missing you”, I heard her saying but my eyes were focused on him.

OMG! He was totally checking me out and not even feeling one bit guilty about it :O

“Yes my boo. I’m gonna miss you so freaking much. Will call you as soon as I land”

“Yeah man. Have a happy safe flight. I love you. Muahhhhh”

“Muahhhh baby”

Okay I badly wanted to update her about the green eyed stranger but I wasn’t sure if he was eavesdropping so I decided to text her instead.

Me – Babeee I’ve news. You’ll never realise what happened today :P

Her – What happened? :P :P

Me – I met a very beautiful green eyed stranger...

Her – What! Did you talk to him? :O

Me – Lol noooo…he offered to help me before but since he is a stranger I rejected his offer

Her - :O :O And?

Me – Well he is sitting in front of me and I think he is checking me out :P Wasn’t sure if he was eavesdropping our convo so I decided to text you instead.

Her – OMG! You did the right thing babe. It’s always good to be on the safe side. But can you send me a picture at least? :P

Me – Let me try :P

I then turned off the flash and opened my phone camera to click a picture of this green eyed stranger who is now reading a book.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Niklaus~~~~~~~~~~~~

After taking a steaming cup of coffee I headed towards my boarding terminal only to find that brown haired girl right in front of me.

She was busy talking to someone over the phone so clearly failed to notice my presence.

Well hello? Who are you talking to Angel? I wonder who is making you smile so much…..could it be your boyfriend? I thought to myself before taking a seat.

Hahhaha Ni-Niklaus let me g-g-goo”, Angel laughed as I tickled her for the third time today.

“Come on Angel. Just admit who do you love more”

“Drake Drake Drakeee”, she said dragging his name and I held her hands above her head. For a ten year old girl she is pretty strong I admit.

“Wrong answer my princess. Try again”

“Drake is my boyyyyfrienddd”, she screamed to purposely annoy me and I won’t say it wasn’t working.

Damn! Drake is everything Angel isn’t.

He is a player, heartbreaker and the perfect definition of bad boy contrary to my Angel. I knew he will break my Angel’s heart which I’ve tried explaining so many times but in vain.

She is just so stubborn. Ugh! This girl. She will be the death of me one day.

The buzzing sound coming from the intercom brought me back from my thoughts.

I checked the brown-haired girl only to find her sleeping, totally covered up in her cute pink hoodie.

My gosh someone please kill me already.

I got up and decided to wake her up from her deep slumber to find out where angel face was headed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Angie~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Angel”

“Angel”

A very familiar voice interrupted my sleep. I opened my eyes only to find myself staring back at the green-eyed stranger. Oh damn!!!

“Can I help you with something?” I asked him, rubbing my eyes. Ughh I’m so damn sleepy.

“Well I wasn’t sure where you are headed to but few passengers just went through gate no 5 so I was just making sure you didn’t miss your flight”, he said politely.

“Why thank you oh so kind and gentle sir! Aren’t you a little too caring”, I replied, before getting up from my seat to which he smiled.

Shit if it wasn’t for this green eyed man I would have definitely missed my flight :/

“Oh miss you left this”, he called me and I turned back to find him holding my passport.

Oh God! Just kill me already. I’ve never been humiliated so much in my life before.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~Niklaus~~~~~~~~~~~~~

She looked at me with so much embarrassment it reminded me of Angel again.

The day I found her making out with Drake in my penthouse even after my warnings. If she would have listened to me on that day maybe things would have been different.

“Hello? Would you mind handing me back my passport?” her sweet voice brought me back to reality.

“Oh yeah sure. Here you go”

She took it back and thanked me before walking towards Gate no 5.

N-Niklaus please help me…..

Damn that voice. It never left me no matter how much I tried to forget it.

I don’t know what got into me but the next moment I was running towards Gate no 5 and boarding the same flight with Angel.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Angie~~~~~~~~~~~~

Six hours. Thirty-four minutes. Fifty-five seconds.

That’s how long I’ve been sitting next to the green-eyed stranger without saying anything.

Truth is I wasn’t sure what to say because for all I know he could be a freaking stalker or psychopath or heck a pedophile!

So I either pretended to sleep or listen to music remaining indifferent to his checking me out every few minutes.

Although I found it strange that he wasn’t staring at my boobs or butt. Just my eyes, hair and face maybe once or twice. Hmmm maybe this guy has an eye fetish?

OMG who knows! The only thing I need to do right now is stay away from him.

It was a two stop flight and at present we were sitting like jobless people on land so I decided to scroll through my newsfeed only to find out it’s too late before I realized it was a very bad idea.

Mais got engaged to Rachael today
My newsfeed read as tears came rolling down my eyes.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~Niklaus~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I knew Angel was purposely avoiding me throughout the flight and I don’t blame her. I mean common who wouldn’t? Afterall I was looking at her after every ten minutes like a freaking stalker.

I couldn’t help myself. It’s just she looks so similar to my Angel so my broken heart found solace to know that this brown-haired girl is okay.

Until she switched on her phone and the whole world crashing down on my head.

Her newsfeed read :
Mais got engaged to Rachael today

But what hurt me more was when I found the brown-haired girl crying in front of me.

“Do you know her?” she asked me, finding me staring at her phone screen.

“Yes. Rachael is my ex-girlfriend”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~Angie~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I cried uncontrollably as the green-eyed stranger tried to comfort me.

Even after so many years it was hard for me to accept the fact that my ex is finally getting married to his Ukranian girlfriend. And that too just where I’m headed right now. Just my luck.

“I hate him”, I said, sobbing.

“Yeah I hate her as well” he said and wrapped his arms around me. For the first time in my life I felt safe.

~~~~~~~~~~~~Niklaus~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
“Did she cheat on you?”

She asked me after a long time.

I can’t begin to think and count the list of things Rachael did to me. Never in my life have I ever met such a cold-hearted person. To sum it up she ruined me.

“She did a lot of bad things but let’s not talk about her. Why don’t you tell me about this guy instead?”

Her expression immediately changed to that of a broken soul and once again it reminded me of Angel.

“Ah never mind. Let’s talk about where you’re headed instead”, I quickly said to which she smiled and started relating her life story.

~~~~~~~~~~Angie~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
After talking to Niklaus aka the green-eyed stranger I found an unknowing comfort which made me feel happy and secure.

The only thing we managed to find out about our exes was that both of them shared a very similar kind of personality.

“You know I think in a way they deserve each other”, he said at last to which I couldn’t agree more.

However the idea of sabotaging their impending marriage didn’t leave my mind. It’s going to take place in a week and the thought of how he would look if he found me in his own wedding is something I’m eager to see.

“Are you sure Angie?” Niklaus asked me when I told him about how I’m planning to surprise my ex in his own wedding.

“I mean what could be worse than two cold hearted people tying the knot in holy matrimony”

“Oh common….don’t tell me you’re not even a little bit tempted to crash her wedding”

Niklaus thought for a while and then smirked.

“Okay Angie you win”, he said. “But remember it’s only for fun. We won’t actually stop their wedding”

~~~~~~~~~~~~Niklaus~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I don’t know what is it about Angie but I found myself agreeing to her plan of sabotaging our exes wedding.

It’s just she was smiling again after sobbing in my shoulders for a long time (my shirt got ruined but that’s okay 😊) so I couldn’t break her heart by saying no even if her idea was childish.

So just like that we landed and agreed to meet once again next week. I entered my number in her phone before leaving just in case she needed me.

One week later……..

~~~~~~~~~~~Angie~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I thought Niklaus would bail out on me because he seemed reluctant to join me in my party crasher venture but he made it.

I would be lying if I said he didn’t look handsome in his black tuxedo.

“You look beautiful Angie”, he complimented me.

“And you look handsome”, I told him.
He smiled and we made our way towards the church.

It was so crowded inside that I wouldn’t be surprised if Mais can’t recognize me. There he was, standing in all his glory, chest pulled up, face like that of a gentleman greeting everyone.

Oh he is the devil reincarnate if only they knew.

After half an hour wearing a very beautiful gown in stepped Rachael, along with her bridesmaids. She looked so happy.

OMG! How can she after breaking Niklaus’s heart?

But then again Mais is doing the same so it doesn’t surprise me much.

~~~~~~~~~~~~Niklaus~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
God damn! I still find it hard to believe that I find Rachael beautiful after what she has done to me.

She looks damn good in her wedding dress. I must admit both of them are pretty good actors. How can someone fake their actual personality otherwise?

They looked so happy and in love it was killing me. I controlled myself from actually getting up and stopping their marriage when they said their vows. May God save me!

Towards my left I found Angie looking at them with daggers in her eyes. It almost made me laugh.

My God if only Angel was here to witness this…….

~~~~~~~~~~~~Angie~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
After the wedding Niklaus and I decided to meet the newly wedded couple.

OMG I can’t wait to see their expression lol.

There he was, laughing and talking with Rachael.

“Hello Mais remember me?”

At once Mais stood still and then faced me.

~~~~~~~~~~Niklaus~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Rachael looked at me as if she has seen a ghost. Oh how I wish I had recorded her expression. It was hilarious!

“Niklaus? What are you doing here!” she asked me, clearly offended.

And then the whole incident of Angel’s wedding came crashing right in front of my eyes.

~~~~~~~~~~~Angie~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I almost said we were there to crash their wedding party before Niklaus stopped me.

“Of course to congratulate you Rachael. What else do you think? Congratulations to both of you. Have a long, happy married life”, he said before pulling me with him out of the party.

~~~~~~~~~~~Niklaus~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Another minute and I would go crazy. I could no longer keep my secret from Angie so I decided to take her instead to that one place where I visited regularly.

The cemetery.

~~~~~~~~~~~~Angie~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I was standing in a graveyard. Before me lay the tombstone of ‘Angela Stevenson’.

“What I’m about to tell you now is one of my saddest memory”, Niklaus started and then told me the story of Angela Stevenson aka Angel.

Angel was one of the best things that happened in his life after his parents passed away. So as a dutiful son and a brother he swore to take care of Angel and protect her at all costs. That was until Drake came to stay in their mansion.

Drake aka the guy who broke Angela’s heart.

Niklaus knew he was bad news and tried so many times to break them apart but in vain.

Angel loved him so much and he couldn’t bear to see his own sister cry. So he gave in.

Then Rachael walked into his life and he got so enchanted by her beauty that he failed to see what was coming. Until Angel’s wedding.

They said their vows and Angel sipped her first drink. Only it was poisoned.

She chocked and fell down on the floor, calling for his dear brother helplessly.

Niklaus ran to her rescue but it was too late. Angel died in his arms before he could bring her to the hospital.

And to make things worse he witnessed Rachael and Drake kissing and making out while he held her sister’s lifeless body.

~~~~~~~~~~~~Niklaus~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I paused for a long time after relating my story to Angie. She was patient with me the entire time and I realized what Angela told me before her last breath was so true.

Don’t worry Niklaus. One day you’ll find a beautiful Angel just like me and unlike this time you’ll end up saving her and taking good care of her like your own sister. She will be strong, smart, funny and won’t fail you like me. I always loved you Niklaus…more than Drake because you’ve been my only family.

And at that moment I knew even in this fucked up world full of shitty people I’ve finally got another chance to take care of my Angel.

Only this time I’m not gonna let her make the same mistake my Angel did. I swear I’ll always protect her as my own sister until my last breath.

So I held Angie and looking into her eyes said this, “From now on we’re family Angie. I won’t make the same mistake I did five years ago. This time I’m gonna protect you with my life if needed before any fucker lays a hand on you and will only give you away to the man who is deserving. You’re my Angel from today”.

She smiled and together, hand in hand we made our way out on the busy streets.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

124K 4K 21
collection of short stories, where people actually fall in love incandescently and encourage affection by dancing even if one's partner is barely tol...
665K 28.4K 52
(NOT EDITED) This book is the collection of short love Stories. 1. Way to your heart (completed) 2. Fragrance Of Love ( unpublished) 3. Unexpected L...
6.1K 326 14
Short Stories of Amour "Every love story is not an epic novel. Some are short stories, but that doesn't make them any less filled with love." Marked...