Mama Bird (SS sequel)

By Rumblerina

Isabelle is an old woman. What happens when she gets her hands on another time turner? (sequel to Saving Sna... More

1. Memories
2. A strange little voice
3. Hello, baby bird
4. Let the shipping commence
5. An Animagus
6. Promises
7. We're all just Ordinary Humans
8. Good girl
9. All about those books
10. Eighth year
11. Wattpad
12. Fighting in Hogsmeade
13. Christmas yet again
14. Whoopsies
15. All actions have consequences
16. Lily and James
EXTRAS

17. Sacrafice

412 42 71
By Rumblerina

Over the years, Severus gets me to tell him all about what happened after I left Hogwarts.

Like the time Hazel and I took the trio to the movies to watch Spiderman. Ron wasn't very happy about it. He kept complaining about it after. I found it very funny.

Or the time Sydney came back from a trip abroad with Seamus with a ring on her finger. Or the time we attended each other's weddings.

The time our kids first met. Severus takes it all in, never interrupting. Sometimes he will tell me about his time with Belle. I don't interrupt, because it's nice hearing what he thought about me.

"She's just annoying sometimes, but it gets lonely without her. I'm glad you're not that annoying."

"I used to annoy my father."

"How did he deal with it?"

"Just sort of rolled with it."

"She said I'm going to die."

"You will."

"She wants to save my life."

"She will."

"What if it doesn't work?"

"Then..." I pause to think back to when he died.

Mama Bird said hello.

"Mama Bird?"

"You'll be fine." I kiss his cheek, and he raises his eyebrows.

"What was that?"

"You'd never let me do it as a kid."

"Have I met you yet?"

I tap the side of my nose, smiling.

"Not telling."

"You will, though."

"Anyway, just give Isabelle a chance. She just wants to help."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes."

()-()-()-()-()-()-()-()-()-()-()

I watch myself grow older. I listen to Severus deciding on whether or not to adopt me. He says he starts to miss Belle when she's not around. He says he's attached.

I go back to being a school owl once Severus adopts her, just in case she spots me.

"Hedwig, can you take this letter to Sirius?" Asks Harry once in fourth year. I take the letter for him, even though I'm not Hedwig.

When I find Sirius, Hazel is with him. It seems they've grown fond of each other.

Alrighty then.

I hand over the letter, and watch them. Hazel notices it's me.

"Hi, Belle. I thought you were Hedwig for a moment."

I turn back into myself.

"Harry thinks so too."

"Isabelle?"

"I've grown, I know. This is the Belle that travelled back in time and scared you away from Severus in your first year."

"That was you..."

"Well, duh. I couldn't just let you guys hurt him."

He sighs and writes back to Harry, then sends me back to Hogwarts. It takes me a few days, but I get back quick enough. Harry takes the letter from me, then takes another look at me.

"You're not Hedwig. Did I send you instead of her? Sorry, owl."

I fly back to the owlery, for another quiet day of waiting for letters to be sent.

()-()-()-()-()-()-()-()-()-()-()-()-()

Fifths year comes and goes. When I'm in human form, it's harder to move around. I'm getting too old.

Sixth year is a bit more eventful.

I meet Chelsea again. I have a plan to help her with Hedwig.

Now I know what she didn't want to tell me. The thing I've been puzzling over for most of my life. I know why it was hard for everyone.

But I'm ready.

I help Severus deal with his nerves when the younger me isn't around. The day it's supposed to happen, Severus can't concentrate on anything. He keeps dropping his wand and stumbles over his words constantly.

I clear out when the younger me comes in to wait with Severus. I help Dumbledore set up his fake death. I bring his mini out, that Hazel has helped me train. She is a really good mini trainer. We make him bigger, and remind him of what he's supposed to say and do. He acts just like the real Dumbledore.

Dumbledore leaves to hide, and not-so-mini Dumbledore strolls around calmly. He has no heartbeat, and doesn't need to breathe. If he lays down, you would think he's dead.

Perfect for making everyone think this is a dead Dumbledore.

Sad, I know. It's the only way. When the time comes, I watch. Younger me looks emotionless thanks to the spell that was cast on her.

Mini Dumbledore falls off the tower, and younger me runs off. Harry is here somewhere. I hear footsteps as he runs off as well.

Down on the ground, I watch Harry yelling at the young Belle. I can see the hurt in her face. Harry goes off to fight Severus.

Seeing my past again is so strange. I see it all from a different angle.

I spend a lot of my spare time with Chelsea throughout the year, coming up with the perfect plan.

Everything makes sense. Severus thought if he didn't tell me, I wouldn't do it.

Well, he can't stop me.

()-()-()-()-()-()-()-()-()-()-()-()-()-()-()-()-()-()

"You sure you want to do this?" Asks Chelsea in the light of the moon. I nod my owl head.

I have to if she's going to live. Don't worry, it won't destroy the other me.

"Okay, Belle. I guess I won't tell younger you either? Good luck. Hedwig, let's go." Hedwig flies over to her and I take the empty spot in her cage. Chelsea delivers her back to Harry's room and it fall asleep easily, despite what's about to happen.

This is my last act of bravery.

The next day, the Dursleys leave. Later on the Order comes in with Polyjuice potion. I watch it quietly, since I wasn't here when I was younger. Molly whisked me off to help around the burrow. My wings are stiff with anticipation.

This is it.

Just before they leave, Harry sets me free. When they take off I follow behind quietly, making sure Harry can't tell.

Somewhere in the distance I hear Severus shooting spells. I enter his mind.

Severus.

Belle.

No, it's Mama Bird. Long time, no see.

So still Belle.

You figured it out, little Sev.

What are you doing here? It's dangerous. Also, why didn't you tell me you were my daughter?

And mess up the time continuum? The doctor would have skinned me alive if he was real.

Why are you here?

I don't answer.

Why, Belle?

That owl that died saving Harry's life wasn't Hedwig.

No.

I have to.

Please. No. Don't!

Younger me will be there for you when you come to see me again. It'll be peaceful.

Please don't go.

I'll be there with you, daddy. In 2039, I'll be there. No pain.

Don't.

I'm Mama Bird. Remember how you can't stop me once my mind is made up?

Stop it!

I love you, dad. This is goodbye, for now.

I love you too but please don't go!

Stop by in paradise for a visit. I'll see you soon.

Please.

I'm sorry.

Okay.

Okay.

A single letter drops from my claws into his hands. I look him in the eyes, and he gives a small nod. The last I will ever see of him.

I fly back to Harry, clawing at whoever's attacking him. I fly in front of him, and block a spell. A green spell. It engulfs my body, and it falls towards earth.

I'll see you later, dad.

Severus's POV

Snowy the owl has just flown off. The little girl I met at Hogwarts. The defenceless creature that wanted to save my life. The young woman I adopted. The one who promised to always be there for me. And she was. All through my life.

Always.

The old woman who came back in time just to stand up for me. I have so many questions she never answered.

She will never get to answer them.

She said I'd see her soon. I can't decide whether I want to or not.

I tuck the letter into my robes and keep fighting. I hear Potter yell out the name of his owl, and I see a small, white, feathery body falling through the air.

She's gone.

Filled with rage, I cast spells in every direction. I manage to hit someone near the head. I think it's one of the fake Potters. Blood trails from where his ear should be, and I turn around to fly back. Tears cloud my vision. I can't fly like this, it's dangerous.

Landing on the ground, I pull the letter out and sit under a tree. I carefully open it, my hands shaking. I can't see through the tears.

My daughter is dead.

She's still alive, but she just died as an old woman. I can't tell her. I wipe the tears away, and some more parchment falls out.

This is long.

I start at the start, stopping every once in a while to wipe my face.

Dear Severus,

If you're reading this, my plan to help Chelsea save Hedwig has worked. Now I know why she never wanted to tell me how she was going to do it.

Because I asked her not to a few weeks ago. Younger me was never meant to know.

Yes, I took Hedwig's place. Don't look like that at the parchment, it's done. You can't save me. Don't even consider a time turner, I've put charms on them all. They won't take you back.

Of course, I promised to answer all of your questions. I never did while I was alive, so let me tell you everything. From start to finish. Then you won't have any more questions. And because it's you, I decided to put some more effort into it. You can read this just like a book.

So, let me begin.

I stop there. I can't read on. Not here, not now. It's too much.

I get up, and apparate back home. The memories are too much. I go to the park. No.

Hogwarts. No.

No place is okay. I flee to my office, and close the door, putting a locking charm on it. Then I begin reading.

The car we are riding in pulls over at the side of the road and I glance over at Hazel, my best friend, before stepping out into the bright sunlight. We are absolute hardcore Potterheads who have just won the chance to meet Queen Rowling herself...

______________________________________

And that, my friends, is the end.

CamaroB-Y2013, did I make you cry?

I did, didn't I?

I totally did.

I can't believe that's the end though.

LIKE WHAT HAPPENED

WHERE DID EVERYTHING GO

Anyway, I'll miss you guys commenting on here. I'm going to edit the earlier chapters, so if you reread there will be more.

QOTC: worst fear? Mine is spiders *shivers*

Please vomment!

I'll see you soon with A Diamond In The Rough! For now you can read my other books.

~Ericano

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

289K 9.3K 20
Every thousand years a pheonix creates a human. This human just happened to be the daughter of Fawkes. What happens when she goes to Hogwarts? When s...
1K 43 12
Abigail Lupin returns to Hogwarts with her friends Harry Potter, Hermione Granger and Ron Weasley. Abigail dreams are plagued with events and she can...
151K 6.3K 64
(Best Ranking: #1 in SNILY, #3 in VOLDEMORT, #6 in ALBUSDUMBLEDORE and #30 in SEVERUS) 2nd place in the Magical Book Awards Severus Snape thought h...
18.5K 589 32
SEQUEL TO THE LITTLEST MALFOY LOST!! The battle had ended and we had begun to rebuild the wizarding world. Everything seemed perfect. What we didn't...