[ON HOLD]Face To Face (Sal โœ–...

By magickmochi

A Sal x Reader based off a dream I had in perspective of the reader (mostly) ๐ŸšจTRIGGER WARNING๐Ÿšจ this is the... More

Chapter 1: English Class๐Ÿ“š
Chapter 2: Lunch๐Ÿฅช
Chapter 4: Study Date Pt. 1๐Ÿ’Œ

Chapter 3: First day is always the hardest๐Ÿ“’

144 2 8
By magickmochi

The Used - The Bird and The Worm
🎶

~

(All in Sals POV today)
*obnoxious alarm sound*

I dont want to do this. I faintly hear my alarm go off. It gets louder and louder the more awake I become. When I cant stand the beeping any longer, I gather enough energy to roll over and smack the off button. I sit up and slowly lean forward to stretch out my back. I really dont want to do this. As I contemplate laying back down I hear foot steps approaching my room.

*knock knock*

I reply with a whine. It's to early for this.

"Sal, are you awake yet? Today is your first day at your new school." Dad says as he enters my room. My dad has the same blue hair was me, with a beard to match. Hes holding a fresh cup of coffee in his hands as he sits on the foot of my bed. I, once again, whine and roll back over.

"Is it to late to start home schooling?" I'm hoping I can convince him. But for now, I have failed.

"Yes it is. Now get up and start getting ready. I'll make you some breakfast." He says while taking a sip.

"Uuuuuggggghhh" I reply from my pile of blankets. I sit up.
"Dad, I dont want to start a new school. These kids are going to be just like the ones in Jersey. I'm tired of being picked on." I say putting my head back down.

"Sal.. Sal look at me." I hear sadness in dad's voice, however, I dont pick my head up.

"Sal.. I know everything has been hard on you since your mother died... it's been hard on me too.. but you listen to me."

I pick my head up with glassy eyes.
ha. HA GET IT. *slaps knee*

Dad continues, "You are an amazing young man. I know you're strong enough to get though this, I've seen you go through much worse. You have such a kind and caring heart, kids dont know how lucky they'd be to have a friend like you. I guess you get that from your mother..." he chuckles a bit.

I lean over and give him a hug, trying not to tear up.

He continues "You're going to do great son. I'm so proud of you. I love you Sal."

Here come the water works.

"I love you to dad.." I sob into his shoulder. I really do have the best dad in the world. I feel him pat my back.

"Now get ready. I'll be taking you to school this morning." He says as he gets up and exits my room. I do one final stretch before swinging my feet over the side of the bed and standing up. I gather my clothes up, a black sweater and red pants, and head to the bathroom.
Shower time

As I walk past my mirror I stop and examine myself. Messy blue hair, big blue eyes. I look at my body. I wasnt super build or anything but I wasnt chubby either. Kinda like, I definitely loved some pasta but I'll also go adventuring for hours. I scaned my skin looking at all the marks and scars. Some accidental, some intentional. Speaking of scars, theres the one I cant avoid no matter how much I try. My face. My scared face. *sigh* Over time I hated my face. It was a constant remind of who and what I lost. Did you know I look just like my mom? I do. Well, I did. Now I look like a monster. A hideous monster. Who would want to be friends with the kid with the scared face, a glass eye, and a mask? *another sigh* I push these thoughts aside as I jump in the shower.

~

I wrap my wet hair in a towel. My glass eye staring back at me from its cup.
What you lookin at punk. I open the medicine cabinet and grab my vitamin E and cocoa butter for my face. It's not going to do shit for these scars but I like to imagine it does. Plus, it keeps my incredible dry face somewhat hydrated and soft.
Vitamin E oil and cocoa butter lotion (like for stretch marks) can help with scaring. We used these on my mother after her knee replacement and it helped quite a lot.
Okay enough babbling, back the story!

I feel like one of those youtubers with their skin care. *chuckle*
I wipe my hands off and pop in the glass eye. Grabbing my brush I let my towel fall onto the floor. I part my hair right down the middle to make some sick pigtails. I throw my clothes on,  strap on my mask and head back to my room for my bag.

"I'm ready."

~

The ride to school was silent. As I get out of the car I mentally prepare myself for the day ahead.

"You ready?" Dad asks. I'm so nervous I can't form any words, so i just nod. We walk into the school and head straight for the office. While dad is talking with the principal, I meet with the guidance counselor. Shes a tall lovely lady with a pinkish shirt that complements her dark skin and wore her hair in braids that came down to mid back.

"Hello Sal, welcome to your new school. I'll be your guidance counselor. You can call me Naomi." She said. I'll be meeting with her once a week like I did at my old school. She gave me my schedule and a locker number and sent me on my way. I met up with my dad who was talking to a teacher.

"So this is Sal Fisher huh? Nice to meet you Sal. I'm Mrs. White. I'll be your homeroom and English teacher." She shook my hand.

Ring. Ring.

The first bell rang. I hugged dad goodbye and followed Mrs. White down the hall to my class. Alright. Let's get this done and over with.

And of course we know how well English class went today.

So far, today is going just how I thought it would. Great. All the stares, all the "what's with the mask" questions, being called 'faggot' because of my pigtails. *sigh* but I got this.. right?

I walk into my science class. It was pretty big. Half the room was desks and the other half was lab tables. Jars of different animals and bugs filled the cabinets along with snake skins and different types of skulls. My favorite so far was this little bat upside down in a jar. It looked so calm and at peace, I wish I could feel like that.

I set my bag at my desk and get out my stuff for notes. I guess my pencil broke in my bag, so I get up to sharpen it. As I walk between the desks to the back wall, a foot comes out from one and trips me and I fall face first. Luckily, I got one arm in front to catch me, and the other protecting my mask.

Laughter fills the room. Stop it. Just stop it.. please.. I can feel a panic come over me.

...

"Are you okay?" Asks a red headed boy. He reaches his hand out to help me up.

"Yeah.. thanks.." I get back on my feet and head back to my desk.

~

"Okay class, find a partner for this next project." The teacher announced to the class. Everyone rushes to find a partner.  I panic again, not knowing what to do without a partner. Suddenly that same red headed kid approaches me again. He takes the seat next to me without saying anything.

Its awkward silence for a minute before be speaks up.
"Todd Morrison." He says. Reaching his hand out once again to me, this time as a hand shake. I slowly lift my hand to shake his.
"Sal Fisher." I reply as I get my note book out. For the rest of class we took notes, shared small talk, and worked on the project at hand.

~
(Lunch happens somewhere in here)
~

Finaly. FINALLY. I can go home. I stand at my locker, gathering the things I'll need for homework tonight then quickly head for the bus. Today was awful. I just want to go home. I was early to my bus thank fuck so I was able to find a seat. I decided to sit in the back where no one had to walk past and see me. I snuggle my back pack into my chest and close my eyes, trying to decompress from a stressful first day. When I open my eyes I see a tall, lanky boy staring down at me. Great. You probably took his seat. I panic.
"I'm so sorry I didnt know this was your seat. I can move." I say as I begin getting up. He stops me.

"Nah man it's cool. I dont mind." He says as he sits down.

"So you're the new kid huh?" He says as he sets his bag on the ground.

"Yeah.. " I say rubbing my hands together.

"Got a name?" He asks.

"Sal Fisher."

"Nice to meet ya Sal. Names Larry. Larry Johnson." He said. Larry was pretty cool. He had long dark brown hair that reached mid back and dark eyes to match. He wore a brown shirt that had a big 'SF' on it. What does the SF mean? Sal Fisher? Hahaaaaa He also had on blue jeans with a chain on one side.

He gets his headphones out and searches for a song.

"Wanna rock out?" He asks. I nod and take a earbud. The rest of the bus ride is like this, blasting Sainty's Fall and talking about how much we both hate this school. The bus reaches its final spot and Larry and I stand up. I guess he lives here too. We keep talking until we reach the elevator. I wave goodbye and head up to the apartment. When I open the door I'm greeted with Gizmo running up and attacking my feet. I pick him up and give him a big hug. Dads sitting on the couch. With Gizmo in hand I head for my room. Dad speaks up.

"So how was your first day at school?"

"It was fine.." I reply with a tired voice.

"Make any new friends?" He asked. I paused for a second, then turn to look at him.

"Yeah.. I guess I did."
_________________________________________

1826 words.

You ever just start doing something, then you space out and suddenly you created this whole ass thing? That's how this chapter was born. Oh boy.

It's about 2 am and I'm tired af

Thanks for reading! Remember to get plenty of sleep and take care of yourself!! 💖💖💖

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3M 201K 52
" Do not be mistaken little flower, you are mine and mine alone. Any man who looks at you longer than three seconds will be dealt in a manner I find...
258K 31.2K 24
People meet by accident, People fall in love by accident, But people surely don't become someone's baby daddy accidentally, or do they? What started...
542K 46.4K 31
"Excuse me!! How dare you to talk to me like this?? Do you know who I am?" He roared at Vanika in loud voice pointing his index finger towards her. "...
9.5M 628K 75
An Arranged Marriage Story. #1 Hot (17-11-23) #1 Happyending (17-11-23) #2 Shy (13-11-23) #3 Cold hearted (27- 10- 23) POWER!!!!! That's what he alwa...