Resident Evil 2: Moondrop Blo...

By CelestialShadowWolf

The Blood Saga-Book 1 of 4 As Raccoon City is submerged in blood and littered with corpses, the dead wander t... More

{•Chapter One•}
{•Chapter Two•}
{•Chapter Three•}
{•Chapter Four•}
{•Chapter Five•}
{•Chapter Six•}
{•Chapter Seven•}
{•Chapter Eight•}
{•Chapter Nine•}
{•Chapter Ten•}
{•Chapter Eleven•}
{•Chapter Twelve•}
{•Chapter Fourteen•}
{•Chapter Fifteen•}
{•Chapter Sixteen•}
{•Chapter Seventeen•}
{•Chapter Eighteen•}
{•Chapter Nineteen•}
{•Chapter Twenty•}
{•Chapter Twenty-One•}
{•Epilogue•}
{•Sequel is Out•}

{•Chapter Thirteen•}

2K 62 31
By CelestialShadowWolf

"What do you mean you're the project?" Ada questioned, resting a hand on her hip.

"Exactly as I said. When I was five years old, I was kidnapped by a group of men wearing masks who killed my parents and took me to an underground lab. Dr. Griffyn, the man who gave the orders, injected me with different chemicals. The properties of my blood were manipulated and changed. If you stir it, you activate the many chemicals and it turns silver," Gwen said.

"Well, that explains the name. What else can you tell me?" Ada wondered curiously.

"Once it turns silver, the healing properties can heal any wound within minutes."

"Interesting. If it's such a miracle elixir, why not use it on your own wounds?" The agent inquired, gesturing to Gwen's wounded palm as she shifted her weight between legs.

"The healing properties don't work on me. My body has adapted to the chemicals and they no longer heal my wounds rapidly. Although, if someone were to ingest my blood while the chemicals are activated, any wounds inflicted on them heal within minutes without any complications."

Ada cupped a hand under her chin. "How extraordinary."

"What exactly are you after, Ada?" Gwen asked.

"More info on the people responsible for this mess, and I think they're connected to your kidnapping." Ada glanced over at Leon, who was practically glued to Gwen's side. "What about you? Trying to save the world?"

"I told Lieutenant Branagh I'd bring help," Leon replied, pulling Gwen along as they walked down the street.

"Good luck getting that..."

At the end of the road was a gun shop. The bright, scarlet letters were like a beacon in the darkness. The trio arrived at the shop, noticing the road suddenly ended. "Road's out," Ada said.

"I knew about the sinkhole, but I had no clue it was this big." Gwen stared at the collapsed road, admiring what the sinkhole had revealed. "What about the gun shop? Could we go through there?"

"We'll see." Ada walked up to the doors, kneeled down with something in her hands, and tinkered with the lock. Eventually, she unlocked the doors and pushed them open. Displays were knocked over and debris was scattered across the floor. "What a mess..."

Gwen released Leon's hand, scanning the interior of the shop. "It looks like the place has been ransacked. Maybe we can still find some ammo if we look."

"Good idea. I'm running low on shotgun shells," Leon said.

The archivist separated from Leon and Ada, scavenging through the shop. She found a couple of opened boxes of shotgun shells and a handful of handgun ammo. On a shelf, she found a grenade and held it as far away from her as possible. "I'll give this to Leon later." Gwen hooked the grenade to her hip pouch. When she spun around to search for Leon and Ada, her eyes widened in fear as she came face to face with the barrel of a shotgun.

"Don't move," the man holding the weapon commanded.

"I-I'm sorry, I-"

Gwen went to raise her hands, but the man snapped at her while tugging back on the fore-end. "I said don't move!"

"Hey!" Leon shouted, grabbing the stranger's attention. He kept his shotgun aimed at Gwen while gazing at the person who yelled at him. "We're just passing through. I'm going to ask you to lower that weapon." Steadily, Leon approached the man and Gwen. The gun didn't move as it was trained on the young woman's head. He stepped in front of her protectively, the gun now aimed at his chest.

The man shoved the nozzle of the shotgun against Leon's chest as he took a single step forward. "You both are going to turn around and go right back out the way you came in."

Gwen peered past Leon when she heard the squeal of a door open. Behind the man was a little girl around six or seven years old. Her eyes widened in horror seeing half the child's face mutated and one eye clouded over. "Oh, god..." Gwen knew the little girl had been infected and the virus was flowing through her body, transforming her slowly. She knew her blood could heal any wound, but she wondered if it could cure the virus.

"I think your daughter needs help, sir," Leon said in a low voice.

The man raised his shotgun higher, eyes glaring daggers at the officer. "Don't tell me how to deal with my daughter."

Out of the shadows, Ada emerged with her pistol drawn. She rested her finger on the trigger with furrowed brows, aiming the gun at the little girl. "Drop it!"

The stranger was frightened and worried for his daughter, promptly withdrawing his shotgun to protect her and beg for her sake. "No! Wait!" Leon took the advantage of the opening and whipped out his handgun.

"Step aside. We need to terminate her before she turns," Ada commanded.

"Ada!" Gwen gasped in shock at the woman's words.

""Terminate"? That's my fucking daughter!" The man wailed.

Leon lowered his gun, eyes glued to short-haired woman. "Ada... Just let them be."

The man fixated his shotgun on Ada as he addressed his daughter. "Emma, sweetheart, I told you to stay put..."

"Daddy...?" The little girl rasped. Gwen felt her heart ache at the sight and couldn't bear it.

"Yeah, Emmie. Daddy's here. I'm here, okay?" The man's voice shook with sorrow as he talked to his daughter. He dropped his shotgun and turned to Emma, taking the small girl into his arms. "Those fuckin' things outside... Look what they did to us."

"Excuse me, sir." Gwen stepped from behind Leon and stood beside him. Grasping the remedy in her hand she had only created a couple hours ago, she took a few steps forward. "If it's alright with you, could your daughter try this?"

Leon saw what Gwen was holding, wondering what she had planned. "Gwen, what're you doing?"

The archivist glanced over her shoulder to smile at her boyfriend. "If this really is a miracle elixir, I want to know what it can do for someone who's infected."

The man held Emma closer, eyeing the vial in Gwen's hand. "Is that... medicine?"

"Yes. Your daughter is strong, I can tell. This may help her," Gwen replied with a warm, gentle smile.

The father still didn't trust Gwen, Leon, and Ada, suspicious of the magenta liquid in the glass bottle. "How can I trust you or that damn medicine?"

"You can't, but this should relieve your daughter's pain. If you don't want it, I understand." Gwen went to retract her hand, but the man snatched the vial and popped the lid off. He rested the rim of the glass against Emma's lip and poured the liquid into her mouth. The little girl swallowed, showcasing the taste with a scowl. She coughed and collapsed against her father, her breathing erratic.

Seeing the results, Gwen feared her blood was killing Emma faster than the virus and felt her heart racing. The man patted the girl's back, whispering in her ear.

After waiting for a few minutes in complete silence, the father peered at his daughter's face. His tear-stricken eyes were wide as he brushed Emma's hair behind her ear. "Sweetheart, you're..."

"How is this possible?" Ada gasped in amazement.

Leon smiled at the sight. "It really is a miracle elixir."

"I-It cured the virus..." Gwen muttered, tears falling from her eyes.

"Oh, Emma, you're cured! H-How is this possible? What was that medicine?" The man questioned as he hugged his daughter tightly.

"A-A mixture I created," Gwen responded, her voice nearly a whisper.

The man smiled at Gwen as he lifted Emma up into his arms. "You saved my daughter's life... How... How can I repay you?"

"Just... survive. That's all I ask in return."

The father and daughter head through the metal door, profusely thanking Gwen before the door closes behind them.

Suddenly, Gwen fell to her knees, hands balled into fists as they rested on the soppy ground. Hunched over, her nails dug into her palms as she felt a terror she'd never sensed before take control of her body. Leon, worried for his girlfriend, kneeled beside her. "You saved her, Gwen. Everything's fine."

"That's what terrifies me the most. All those people I could've saved in the station when all this shit started..."

Ada stepped forward, her black stiletto heels clicking and clacking. "If you did, god knows how many people would've targeted you for your blood. In the end, you did what was right."

"You may be right, but... I could've at least saved Marvin..." Gwen whimpered, her memories of the lieutenant clear as day. "I-I..."

Leon grabbed Gwen's hands and hoisted her back onto her feet. His hands moved from hers and snaked around her body, hugging her tightly. "I swear, you blame yourself too much."

"I know, Leon, but-"

"No "buts," you hear me?"

Gwen nuzzled her cheek against his chest. "Okay."

"You helped them, don't forget that. That's exactly why I joined the force. I want to help people like them," Leon confesses.

Ada strode over to Leon, crossing her arms. "And you will, if you're up for it. My mission is to take down Umbrella's entire operation. We may not make it out."

"Whatever it takes to save this city... count me in."

Leon's determination brought a smile to Gwen's face. She pulled away and met Ada's obscured gaze. "Count me in, too."

<--------<<<<<<<<<<

Leon, Gwen, and Ada headed through an eerily silent alleyway. The agent filled the couple in on Umbrella and the company's true colors as they walked. A pharmaceutical company that was truly only dedicated to formulating viruses and selling them to people all over the world was something no one ever would've believed until now. When Ada brought up Dr. Annette's name and claimed she was the one responsible for the outbreak, she felt her entire body freeze. "Annette works for Umbrella? Then, that's means..."

"Dr. Griffyn also works for Umbrella. Were you not aware of who they worked with?" Ada inquired.

"They blindfolded me whenever they moved me through the lab. All I remember during those eleven years was the pain, being strapped to a table, and being sick from the tests. I had no clue it was Umbrella all along. But, Annette's the one who saved my life. She's the reason I was able to escape and meet Leon. I owe her."

"Hope you're not too emotionally attached to her, because I'm going to bring her down," Ada proclaimed.

"If Annette truly did cause all this, I won't stop you," the azure-eyed woman responded. "And if we do stumble upon Dr. Griffyn, I want him to feel what I did during those eleven years. Bastard deserves to burn in Hell."

The companions crossed the sinkhole by utilizing the makeshift walkways created by construction workers. Ada led the way, their destination being the sewer.

At the end of the walkway, Leon jumped down and caught Gwen when she leapt down. Ada stood by the entrance to the sewer, the smell causing the archivist to gag. "Ugh..." She pinched her nose, eyes slightly watering from the putrid odor.

"This is how we get to Annette." Ada gestured to the large pipe.

"Based on what you've said, the sewer seems fitting," Leon chortled.

"Well said," Ada grinned in amusement. "After you..."

Leon rolled his eyes. "Gee, thanks."

"Y'know, it's usually "ladies' first," but that does not apply to the sewer. We'll be right behind you, hot shot," Gwen snorted with laughter.

"Whatever you say, shortcake," Leon chuckled, warranting a disgruntled sigh from his significant other.

<--------<<<<<<<<<<<

"I swear, if we find talking turtles down here named after famous renaissance artists..."

"Gwen," Leon started, but wasn't able to finish as he laughed at her reference. "I seriously doubt we're gonna find mutated turtles."

"Yeah, maybe you're right. A girl can still dream, though, right?"

Ada trailed behind the couple, listening to their banter. She envied their relationship and their ridiculous chatter that lightened the depressing mood that was suffocating them.

"Can't imagine a real scientist being down here," Leon commented.

"I would reference a comic book, but I'll hold my tongue this time," Gwen smirked.

"According to HQ, this leads right into Umbrella's secret facility," Ada stated.

Leon narrowed his eyes, unable to believe it for a second. "Come on. Sewers are run by the city. How could they have a facility without the authorities knowing?"

"Welcome to corporate America," Ada sighed. "Umbrella's controlled Raccoon City for years."

"So," Gwen exhaled. "We're heading directly to the facility I escaped four years ago... Great..."

<--------<<<<<<<<<<

The sewer passageway was longer than they'd expected. Gwen finally got used to the stench, but she felt every inch of her body was caked in sewage. She grimaced when her foot penetrated a pile of garbage, shaking her shoe off in disgust.

Out of the blue, the ground shook. Minuscule pieces of the ceiling fell, plopping into the narrow waterway below their feet. "Jesus... That an earthquake?" Leon wondered.

"I sure as hell hope so," Ada said.

"What else could it possibly-" Gwen turned down the right passageway, eyes widening when she spied a dark figure beyond the metal gate. She stopped in her tracks, watching as the spines along the top rose up and down, noting whatever is it was breathing.

Leon walked past the petrified Gwen, desiring to take a close look at the lump. As he approached the metal gate, the large object moved with a growl and darted out of sight. "What the hell?!"

"I think we found the source of the so called "earthquake"." Gwen walked over to the metal gate, peering through the bars in the direction the enormous creature disappeared.

"Stay sharp. God only knows what's down here," Ada stated, turning down another pathway.

Leon and Gwen followed after the agent, encountering another set of tremors. "Again?!" The officer yelled over the shockwave.

"I think our giant friend from earlier is maneuvering through the sewer, which is causing all the tremors," Gwen commented.

"It's not too late to turn back, Leon, Gwen," Ada said.

Leon shook his head. "No chance. You're stuck with us to the end."

Down the catwalk, their footsteps clanked against the metal grating and echoed throughout the corridor. Gwen glanced back at Ada, wondering how the woman's heels weren't wedging between the openings in the walkway below and causing her to fall out of her shoes.

The catwalk abruptly ended, sewage water being the only thing waiting below. Gwen glanced over the railing, eyeing the grotesque liquid with a scowl. "Definitely not a fan of sewers..."

"Neither am I," Leon uttered as he walked to the edge of the catwalk.

Before the blonde could jump down, Gwen latched onto his sleeve. "Whoa! Where're you going?"

Leon gestured to the murky water below. "The only way we can go."

Gwen released him slowly but kept close to the man. "Just... be careful. Who knows what's in that water."

"I will." Leon leapt from the catwalk and landed with a loud splash. He glanced back up at the women above. "You sure this is the right way?"

"Unfortunately," Ada sighed, kneeling down on the catwalk.

"All the other passageways lead to dead ends," Gwen added, sitting down on the edge and swinging her legs over. "I wish there was another way, too."

Leon went to catch Gwen, but he stopped when a strange sound emitted from further in the sewer. He raised a hand to stop the archivist, his head snapping in the direction of the noise. "Wait there."

"Be careful, Leon," Gwen warned as he trudged through the water with his back turned to the women. The eerie sound grew in volume and the world around them shook. There was only one thing down here they knew that could cause such a shockwave. "Leon, you need to go!"

Down below, Leon's eyes widened in horror as an enormous creature emerged from the darkness, hissing and growling as it charged at him.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

15.2K 334 6
Warning: This fanfic is based of the re3 remake, please don't read if you haven't played yet. You, Y/N L/N were a cop working at the RPD. Life befor...
54.3K 1.8K 19
Enter the survival horror of the events in Raccoon City, 1998. Leon Scott Kennedy, 21, rookie cop. Even though it's his first and only day on the job...
25.1K 1.2K 60
(Resident Evil fanfic~ Leon x male! Reader) :I do not own any of the RE characters, I only own the story and what goes on within.: You grew up in the...
6.1K 280 4
Two attempts. Survived both of them. For how long? || Leon Scott...