Feeling the Aster 💥 (Young J...

By 1-800baelatargaryen

My name is Y/n Justice, apart of theJustice League. On what was supposed to be one a epic day, turned into so... More

Prologue and Cast
Independence Day
Fireworks
Fireworks Part 2
Welcome to Happy Harbor
Welcome to Happy Harbor Part 2
Drop Zone
Drop Zone Part 2
Schooled
Schooled Part 2
Info
Infiltrator
Infiltrator Part 2
Denial
Denial Part 2
Downtime
Downtime Part 2
Bereft
Bereft Part 2
Targets
Terrors
Terrors Part 2
Homefront
Homefront Part 2
Alpha Male
Revelation

Independence Day part 2

1.1K 24 7
By 1-800baelatargaryen

Robin and S/n laughs echo through out the area, they flip on the back of the fire truck, before securing their grappling hooks on the fire truck ladder and both landing perfect on the window ledge helping Kid Flash.

Aqualad runs up to the back of the truck where two firemen are working the hose " I need to borrow those" he pulls out his water-bearers, which causes his tatoos to glow, before they begin to redirect the flow of the water. He creates a platform under his feet, he lifts himself up to the roof. " Step aboard. Now" he tells the two scientists sternly. They step aboard without hesitation, but stumble until they sit down. Aqualad steps onto where the other 3 heroes stepped onto then directs the water platform to lower itself to the ground, ensuring both scientists are safe.

Aqualad jumps in to see Kid Flash going through file cabinets, Robin hacking the computer, and S/n sharpening her arrows.

"Appreciate the help."he says sarcastically.

"S/n helped you. Besides you handled it." Robin say still looking smug.

" Were here to investigate." S/n added. Aqualad steps beyond the 3, heading further into the building. "Poetic Justice, remember."

Aqualad steps behind the desk, there is a long hallway but at the end of it shows a elevator. As the doors are almost closed Aqualad gets a look at a figure with blue skin with ivory horns. The sound of door closing makes the 3 heroes pull away from what they were doing. Bringing them all behind Aqualad

"There was something in the --"

"Elevators should be on lock down." Kid Flash and S/n say at the time.

Robin goes past them until he stops right infront of the elevator. " This is wrong." He pulls up a holoscreen on his wrist. Giving him the information of the elevator "This is a high-speed express elevator. It doesn't belong in a two story building."

"Neither does what I saw." Aqualad states, he looks to S/n. She sighs before forcing the doors open. No longer needing her strength she looks down which looks like it goes on forever.

Robin ducks under her arm and kneels down to try to get a better look " And that's why they need an express elevator." He stands back up and shoots his grappling hook at the column. Once it sticks he lets himself down letting Aqualad, Kid Flash, and S/n down one by one.

Robin watches as the level numbers pass by, but his eyes widening at SL-22, SL-23, SL-24. He's beginning to slow down at SL-25 but completely stops at SL-26. "I'm at the end of my rope." He tells the 3 above him. They all stop sliding down and let Robin jump to the narrow platform with the level's elevator doors. He lands with ease then moves left so Aqualad can jump. He does and stays in place and offers his hand to Kid Flash, who takes it and stands on the large segment of the platform with Aqualad. S/n rolls her eyes and lets go using her powers to fly.

Robin pulls up the system security " Bypassing security." he waits till the 5 little robin heads turn from red to green. " There go." Aqualad pries the doors open. All 3 boys walk in but once S/n enters she lands and walks with them.

" Welcome to Project Cadmus." S/n announces to the group. Kid Flash smiles and runs off.

"Kid, wait!" Aqualad tries to stop the speedster. The sound of heavy footsteps alerts Kid Flash but he's about to run across it, and is forced to skid. However, he can't stop on time, falling into the hallway as massive creatures walk, on all four, stand nearly as tall as the hallway walk down 2 rows. He barely dodges the "hand" of the leader.

Breathing a sigh a relief, he stands and runs across to where Aqualad, Robin, and S/n stand now shocked. One of the massive ones growls at them, and theres a smaller one on top of its massive trunked head. The smaller one hisses and its horns glow red as the larger one continues to walk.

"No. Nothing going on here." Aqualad says sarcastically. " You can say that again." S/n says.
°~°~°~°
In a personal lab

A scientist works on a pink mixture in a dish, grabbing an eyedropper beside him. With genetic markers displayed on his computer screen. Once he has the eyedropper he uses it to pick up the pink mixture. Within the room are other cretures. He allows one drop to fall in the test tube, what looks like has water but has blue crystal in it. As the pink liquid mixes with the clear liquid in the test tube the crystal decomposes and the whole thing turns into a blue glowing liquid. Illumination the man's glasses covered eyes with his pale face.

The door behind him beeps, opening to reveal a man in blue armor covering his torso and thighs, silver shin guards and gloves, a gold emblem on his belt and knees, topping it all off with a golden helmet. "Dr. Desmond." he says.

Desmond responds annoyed. "Tell me Guardian, what part of no interruptions did you not understand?" He hits the 13  on a cylinder, labeled PROJECT BLOCKBUSTER. Then placing the test tube within, filling in the final open spot on the rack of six. It closes off on its own.

" A G-gnome on sublevel 26, report 4 intruders." Desmond sighs and he steps back from his huge microscope. "Did I miss a perimeter breach alert?" He questions although already knowing the answer.

"No." Guardian replies tensely.

"Then the G-gnome's confused." Desmond says his annoyance showing " Whatever might occur in our faux lab above ground, the real Cadmus is the most secure facility in D.C." then turns back to his microscope.

"My job is to keep it that way." Guardian reminds him.

"Fine take a squad." He says unaware of the third person- or a blue skinned creature with ivory horns. Guardian gets ready to leave, but the creature goes to stand next to him. Reavealing red eyes, pointed ears, and two blue feelers.

"Might I recommend that Guardian leave his G-gnome behind?" Both it and Guardian turn to look at the creature resting on his shoulder. "If violence should occur..." " The little guy would be in my way." "No!" Desmond snaps, revealing a G-gnome on his table beside him. "The advantage of instant telepathic communication outweighs other concerns." He takes the crearures face into his hand and as he releases it. Its horns glow red and in response the one on Guardian's shoulder horns glow. Guardian turns in the direction of the creature, his gaze far off "I need my G-gnome with me at all times." His voice monotone, he bows in Desmond's direction putting his fisted hand over his heart. They both leave.
°~°~°~°
Back with the team

The door's center before them goes from red to yellow to green, before it  fully unlocks. Kid Flash is waiting, Robin is hacking and Aqualad and S/n are on look out. As the door opens, Robin and Kid Flash look suprised. " Okay, I'm officially whelmed."

Catching Aqualad's and S/n's attention. "Woah" her eyes widened at the sight.

Within the room are towering rows of bug like creatures, giving off electrical pulses that seem to go through a generator in the wall before them, but almost 20 feet off the ground."This is how they hide this massive underground facility from the world." Kid Flash realizes as they walk between the towering rows. S/n says " The real Cadmus isn't on the grid. It generates it's own power with these...things." Any excitment has left her tone. "Must be what they're bred for." "Even the name is a clue." Aqualad agrees " The Cadmus of myth created a new race by sowing dragon's teeth into the Earth."

"And this Cadmus creates new life too." Robin agrees stepping up to the computer near one of the rows of creatures. "Let's find out why." Then pulls out a computer from his gauntlet to connect him to the computer. A holoscreen appears and he begins funneling the information.

"They call them Genomorphs." S/n reads over his shoulder. Now she has Kid Flash and Aqualad's full attention.

As one appears on the entirety of Robin's hologlove his eyes widen. " Whoa! Look at the stats on these things- super strength, telepathy, razor claws. These are living weapons." Robin reels back in shock. "They're engineering an army, but for who?" Kid Flash questions."Wait. There's something else." S/n says, as another batch of information comes through to Robin's gauntlet. Aqualad now steps up behind Robin, looking over his shoulder. "Project Kr." He tries to start decrypting it. "Ugh! The files are triple encrypted. I-I can't-"

"Don't move!" Guardian call now having a golden shield on his left forearm, a squad of smaller, Genomorphs growling around him. Guardian stops short. "Wait, Robin, Aqualad, Kid Flash, S/n"?

"At least he got your name right." S/n teases, working with Robin on the Kr file behind Aqualad.

"I know you." Aqualad speaks, momentarilly catching Robin's attention. "Guardian, a hero."

The said hero stands tall. "I do my best."

"Then what are you doing here?" Kid Flash questions. S/n also thinking the same thing.

"I'm Chief of Security." Guardian responds. "You're trespassing, but we can call the Justice League, figure this out." No one says anything for a moment but everyone hears the beep from Robin's gauntlet that shows that his decryption process on Project Kr is complete.

"You think the League's gonna approve of you breeding weapons?" Kid Flash speaks. "Weapons?" Guardian questions confused. "What are you-" Guardian's eyes go wide just before his G-nome's horns begin to glow "What have I-" he brings his head to his temple as it falls to his chest. "Ugh my head." Finally he brings his hand away, but he glares at the protégés.

S/n sees this "Guys...we should go" they look at her but she points to Guardian "Take them down hard!" He tells the Genomorphs. Then points directly at the teenagers. "No mercy."

S/n smirks and gets her whip out. With a growl the Genomorphs jump into action. Robin does so at the time, getting in front of Kid Flash, Aqualad, and S/n dropping a smoke bomb. He shoots a grappling hook to the bottom of one of the support beams. While S/n flies with him. Kid Flash backs up as a Genomorph slashes at his face. Dodging, but just barely, before he walks on the wall and dives at the two with dual punches,then pushing off the opposite vertical support, executing an inverted flip And pushing off to kick in the chest and back to the smoke.

Aqualad has on his shoulders slicing at his chest and gripping his head. He gets ahold of its arm and throws it off, combatting the next one coming at him with a front kick to the chest as well. However, at his open and unguarded shoulder, Guardian checks him. Knocking him off his feet and into a crashing barrel roll, then it into the plating under the Genomorphs. Guardian charges at him again. He stands and attends a triple class combo, but Guardian backs out of his range and when he's following through due to the power he put behind the punch, once again leaving his left shoulder open to Guardian. The older hero gets a punch in on his face, then turns into an elbow that Aqualad barely manages to duck under them. Then catch the attempted downward elbow after the dodged uppercut thanks for the shield on his left forearm. Aqualad's tattoos glow before electricity travels through the shield and into the hero, giving Aqualad the advantage and making him able to throw Guardian to the ground. The G-nome falling off his shoulder. Kid Flash runs through the smoke and the two make their escape.

Outside the room where the alarm is blaring, Robin is hacking into one of the ports while S/n stands in front of him just incase any Genomorphs get in. Aqualad and Kid Flash make it down the hallway from the growling Genomorphs, the younger speeding towards the fellow protege's.

Aqualad chances a glance back, then follows them as well. Kid Flash skids to a stop as he sees S/n with her whip out and understands why she left and turns to the younger teen. "Way to be a team player, Rob!"

"Weren't you right behind me?" He questions, surprised, but not stalling in his hacking of the elevator. It opens and the two dive in then turning and facing back down the hall as Aqualad continues to run from the Genomorphs diving to the elevator. S/n sees the Genomorphs too close and uses her super speed to only be a few feet away and slashed her whip at them which makes them back up which gives her a enough time to speed into the elevator and the door closes right behind her.

The numbers are going up, which means they're going deeper underground. Aqualad Is the first to voice not only his concern, but also his dislike is obvious in his harsh tone. "We're headed down?"

"Dude,out is up." Kid Flash makes his point by gesturing in the other direction. Both older boys look at the boy wonder in intense confusion and the only girl looks at him and understands his reason.

"Excuse me?" Robin questions, offended. "Project Kr, it's down on Sub-level 52."

Aqualad puts his arm between the two physically cutting off the conversation. "This is out of control." Then moves it to rub the back of his neck as he moves to the far side of the expanse elevator. "Perhaps-perhaps we should contact the League."

The elevator slows and filing comes to a stop with a ding at sub-level 52.They stood in front of the door tensed for battle, but there's nothing there. Only hallways that look almost organic.

Robin sprints out, colorful cape flying behind him leaving Kid Flash and S/n to turn to Aqualad. "We are already here." The eldest said in an effort to not get mad at the younger protégés. As he comes to be next to them his voice is tense. "Which way?"

Robin chuckles, trying to keep it light. "Yeah, bizarre-looking hallway one, or bizarre-hallway two?"

"Halt." is given out by the Anthropoid from before. His horns glow red and he points to the cans telekinetically, then launching them at the teens.

S/n uses her whip to send the cans to the side. Robin throws a disk at him which he stops. By the time he's prepared to attack them again they're running down the other hallway. He stops and waits as Guardian and the other Genomorphs run out of the elevator. "They are headed for Project Kr." He tells Guardian.

The force doesn't stop and continues down the path. Further down a scientist opens the door from the inside. Walking out of the chamber. Kid Flash comes around the corner at high speeds and doesn't have a chance to stop before he takes out her feet knocking hard to the ground. As he gets to his knees he hears the doors behind them to closing and look at the PROJECT Kr are label on it, and how much distance the other three teens have to run before they get to it. He gets to his feet and picks up a large triangular prism sheet objects, dropping it to the floor and between the two flat segments of the door. He can already hear the door straining.  "Hurry!"

S/n, Robin, and Aqualad jump through, but S/n takes a moment before she steps inside. Watching as Guardian and the Genomorphs come around the corner, and then kicks out the prop. Allowing the door to slam closed.

A few steps in, Robin has the hologlove up again and is hacking the door to engage the emergency lock. "I disabled the door. We're safe." He tells the older teenager.

"We're trapped" S/n says in a dark tone, then looks to Kid Flash, who is in front of a large computer deeper in the dark chamber.

"Uh, guys" He calls to the other three. "You'll want to see this." Hitting a single button to turn all the lights on in the chamber and inside the pod in the center of the room. As it does all four of them can only stare in utter disbelief.

" Whoa!" Is all that is managed by the Boy Wonder.

Inside the pod is a boy with pitch black hair, pale skin and a white suit that has Superman's S on it. The letter Kr written on the glass that keeps the teen within.

Kid Flash steps around the console, looking at the boy closer. "Big K, little r, the atomic symbol for Krypton." He turns to back towards the other three. "Clone?"

"Robin, hack." Aqualad and S/n command.

It takes the caught off guard youngest a couple seconds to register what he was told to do. "Oh. Right, right." He plugs his connector into the console. As it asks for a password he begins the bypass program, which works and let him in.

Kid Flash walks back as he realizes Robin got in. "Weapon Designation Superboy, a clone force-grown in...sixteen weeks?!" His eyes popping in shock. "From DNA acquired from Superman."

"Stolen from Superman" Aqualad accuses.

"No way the big guy knows about this." Kid Flash agrees.

"Solar suit allows him to absorb yellow-sun radiation 24/7." Robin continues.

"And these creatures?" S/n speaks indicating to the ones on the projection off Robin's gauntlet.

"Genomorph Gnomes, telepathic force feeding him an education." Robin relays sourly.

"And we can guess what else." Kid Flash says, capturing the attention of the other two. "They're making a slave out of, well Superman's son."

" Now we contact the League." Aqualad says, and there's no objection. As Aqualad reaches for his emblem, Kid Flash goes to his lightning bolts, Robin attempts it from his hologlove and S/n turns her whip into her bracet

And presses the bottom under the snake's mouth. All of them get nothing.

"No signal." Robin verifies.

"We're in too deep literally." Kid Flash says, knowing it's true.

On the other side of the door Guardian and the Genomorph squad stand ready, while the scientist attempts to manually cross the wires to force the door open. The panting Dr. Desmond and the anthropoid approach, gaining Guardian's attention.

" They're still in there with the weapon?" Desmond sounds accusatory in his words to Guardian.

" We can't get the door to open." Guardian explains.

"Use your telekinesis!" Desmond commands of the Anthropoid.

"I have tried to no avail." He simply responds.

"Useless! This is debacle." He seems to calm as he approaches Guardian. " Get some G-trolls down and muscle the door open now!"

Guardian puts his hand on his hips. " Aleeady on their way." He says defending himself.

"You realize once we get in their we can't ever let them leave." Desmond says darkly.

"Doc, these aren't your typical meddling kids." Guardian tries to reason. "You don't want to get on the wrong side of the Justice League."

"Better than getting on the wrong side of the Cadmus directors, believe me." He says darkly,then transfers the look to the G-nome on Guardian's shoulder. "Contact the G-nomes inside Kr."

It's horns glow and it concentrates strongly to get through to them. With success the horns of all 3 Genomorphs inside the pod begin to hiss lightly and their horns glow red. While the boys talk S/n sees the G-nomes actions and visions of people taking outside of the door.

" This is wrong." Kid Flash finally says. Robin needs no convincing. "We can't leave him like this." Both are now looking to the Aqualad and S/n.

She gasps. "We've got company on the other side" They look at her to elaborate more " Visions"

" Set him free. Do it" The Boy Wonder needs no further prodding and begins work on it immediately. All four watch as the pod falls away from the boy who looks physically 16. Though the pod is gone he remains calm. Then his hand clenches, causing worried to play on Aqualad's brow. As the Gnomes begin to hiss again his bright blue eyes snap open again. Aqualad raises his eyebrows in a silent question, but no one dares to actually speak.

Before anyone can blink super boy launch is himself at Aqualad. Tackling him to the ground and leaving the other three to watch the movement in shock.They tumble over each other twice before Superboy ends up on top of Aqualad his fist coming back to him in square in the face. He gets three, full head in before Kid Flash and Robin managed to grab his arms and hold him back slightly.

" Whoa! Hang on, Supey." Kid Flash tries holding the Kryptonian's forearm with all his strength.

"We're on your side!" Robin attempts. Kid Flash loses his fight against Superboy and gives the clone enough time to land an uppercut under the speedster's jaw. Knocking him up and back and through a cylinder display. Then on the back of his neck knocking him unconscious. Robin now has his arm around Superboy's neck and the other in his utility belt. " I don't want to do this." He tells him then places a smoke blaster to the clone's clavicle. Unleashing has right to his face. Finally getting him to stumble back and off to Aqualad and S/n who's whip is now a snake staff

Which the Atlantean pairs with a solid sidekick to the stomach while S/n swings her staff at his face like a baseball player swings his bat at the ball and sends Superboy into the console and to the ground before his pod.

Robin keeps going and pulls out a high-voltage taser. They pin to his chest but has no affect. He grabs the wires yanking them off, catching Robin by surprise and pulling him towards him with ease.Catching him on the front of his cape then slamming him to the ground. As a final point He steps on to the smaller raven's chest. Beginning to force more weight. Getting his head back on straight, and realizing that immediate danger the one non powered member of the group is in.

Aqualad pulls out his water bearers and S/n turns her staff into a whip. He creates a massive hammer, swinging back and only catching the clone's attention with his cry of "enough" which gave him no warning and let S/n let her whip wrap around Superboy's neck which let Aqualad hit him solidly and knocking him back through the support of his pod.

Aqualad helps Robin up to his knees, but he's groaning and clutching his chest in pain. Until he finally falls into his back unconscious. Aqualad stands with the only female hero as he hears Superboy's heavy footfalls coming back towards them. He stands tall and put his hand out in the universal sign to stop. "We are trying to help you."

The boy does not stop moving but doesn't stop glaring. And an instant he tries to punch them, but they side step and tackle the clone into the wall.While over him he tries a right handed cross, but Superboy catches it, then unleashes a strong push front kick to his stomach knocking him away and forcing the Atlantean to roll to reduce the distance. The female hero slashes her whip at Superboy but he catches it and brings it towards him and punches her with all his force in the stomach making her fly straight into the wall knocking her out. Aqualad counters a roundhouse to the stomach, which causes his body to curl in on itself, then elbow between the shoulders . He gets an uppercut to Superboy's chest which the clone tries for a hook punch which he ducks under and get a solid straight to the kidneys. Then Aqualad gets behind his turned back and put his hands under his arms and behind his head using his Atlantean powers to shock super boy. It clearly hurts this time and he looks like he's about to go down to clone uses his superstrength to throw both him and Aqualad leading to the ceiling. However, being on his back in the first AquaIad takes the brunt of the hit. Yet he doesn't let go so Superboy does it again this time the Atlantean's grip brakes and he falls independently to the ground and unconscious.

Superboy walks past his unconscious form and to the door. His hands break through the metal and gets the door open with the slam knocking it off it's rail. Gaining the full attention of the shocked off Guardian, Desmond and the Anthropoid. Desmond smirks but says nothing as he walks past the clone observing the unconscious teen heroes within. "Attaboy." he finally says.

•~•~•~•
Wow has it really been this long since I last posted. Well I'm back and now I'm working full-time do you too I have school but now it's summer so vacation time I'm a try to post as much as I can. I'm going to see if I can post next The Orginal Tribrid hope to you guys like it.

Next Post: June 27, 2019

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.6K 232 12
Batman finds a cluster of old files belonging to the light. However as he decodes them he realizes that a few are targeting a young, powerful, indivi...
224K 8K 36
The Batman, the dark knight of Gotham, a founding member of the Justice League...and after all this time they STILL don't even know his name! In thi...
37.6K 1.2K 21
The Team is given one of their biggest, and hopefully easiest missions. All they need to do is watch and make sure nothing happens to Bruce Wayne's w...
12.3K 181 16
5 years ago, Peter Parker, also known as The Amazing Spider-Man, joined a group of young superheroes known as Young Justice. Now, Earth has been inva...