Paradise: A Brittana Fanfic

By thekid05

AU. Brittany and her family relocate to Hawaii. She meets a intriguing local girl who turns her world upside... More

Kamuela
CC Jons
Kiholo
Haole
Palehua
Kohala
Hana Hou
Homecoming
October 15, 2006
Pololu Valley
Mauna Kea
Laupahoehoe Point
New Years Eve
Waiakea
Waimea Wooden Playground
Konawaena
Waipio Valley
Hi'ilawe
The Valley
Spring Formal
Her Past
Beer Pong
Argument
Coming Clean
Hear Me Out
Senior Game
Secrets & Stories
Fishing Tales
Questions
Worry
Truth Be Told
Uncle Ben's
Recovery
BIIF Championships
85
Changes
States Pt. 1
States Pt. 2
Champions
Mana Road
Puddle Action
Pualena
Graduation

Pahoa Tournament

5.5K 98 71
By thekid05

WOW. So it's been, too long friends.

I have been so damn busy with work and other things that I haven't had time to actually sit and write. But today I have the chance!

As for things in the story, I can understand that a lot has gone on. Some people have messaged me asking which events were real, and which were not. So.

REAL:

-Kiholo events, minus the fight. I have never fought in my life BUT I have gotten upset in that way.

-Homecoming. But I DID NOT run for homecoming queen, and I did not light any of the letters. Although that event was definitely special to me.

-Earthquake. Definitely real. BUT I DO NOT DRINK TO CALM MYSELF DOWN, I just added that for the story.

FAKE:

-All the drinking, because I didn't start drinking that much until after I graduated high school.

-Me being catcher, because in real life I was Center, #5 and team captain senior year. Lol. I just split it between the two girls.

-New Years Kiss, because that happened about a year after I graduated.

-Sex on Mauna Kea, but let's face it. That was a good scene so.. yeah. lmao.

-The romantic scene down at Laupahoehoe Point. I do go to that spot though, so that part is real.

If you still wonder about any of the significant events that happened to Brittany and Santana, then please just ask :)

-------------

Quinn and Brittany spent the next two days beach hopping and enjoying the little amount of time they had left together. It was so hard to even think about Quinn getting on the plane and leaving. Rachel would come by and spend time with Quinn as well but she understood that she really wanted time with Brittany.

"God I can't believe this is happening. I'm taking you to the airport." It was about 5:30 and Brittany needed to get Quinn to the airport by 6. "Why did time have to go by so quickly?"

"I don't know. But what I do know is I don't want to get on that plane. I don't."

"I don't want you to get on the plane either, Q. I'm gonna miss you." Her best friend was looking at her with tears forming in her eyes. "I can still see you, you know. Don't be doing any of that right now. I'm driving."

Quinn quickly wiped her eyes and looked back at the road. "I'm sorry okay this is just hard for me."

As they pulled into the airport, the emotions started to fill up inside of Brittany. Winter break was amazing and she knew that without Quinn being there, it would have never been what it was. Having Quinn here with her in Hawai'i was perfect. It was as if having her there made everything right in the world. Now? She was leaving and they would be so rudely separated by the five hour time difference. Brittany threw the car into park and they both got out. She helped Quinn with her bags and then there they were. Both standing facing each other, for the last time for who knows how long.

"I don't know what I'm gonna do without you. Cause now I know what Hawai'i is like with you here."

"You'll be fine, Britt. I promise. I'll try to be back for spring break." Brittany took Quinn in her arms and they hugged for a couple seconds. "Take care of yourself okay? And have fun at your first day of softball practice with your team. I know you guys are gonna do amazingly."

"And so are you guys and that's a fact. Just have Jenna replace me in center." Quinn shook her head with a smile. "What?"

"You know that no one can replace you."

"Have a safe flight okay? And text me when you have your lay overs and everything. Please. I love you, Q. Thank you for spending winter break down here with me." A tear was starting to fall from Quinn's eye. "You always gotta cry first huh."

"Shut up." She quickly wiped her eyes only to re open them and see that Brittany was crying too. "Chain reaction?"

"Yeah." They hugged once more then Quinn grabbed her things and walked into the airport terminal.

Brittany got back into her car and started to drive off. As much as she wanted to be sad about Quinn leaving, all she felt was excitement because she knew that softball season was about to start.

----------

About a week into the start of softball, Brittany found that her team had a lot of chemistry. It was like they worked like a well oiled machine. Every play they ran went smoothly, and there were no kinks or anything. There was never any on field arguments or miscommunication about who was going to catch the fly ball in the outfield. Angel and Jen accompanied her, they made perfect right and left fielders.

Their coach was Sue Sylvester, it was her second year as head coach. She knew a lot about softball even though she didn't really play when she was younger. She liked Brittany a lot. She admired the way she worked during practice. Brittany never slowed down- never gave any less than 100%.

"Babe!"

School hadn't started yet, and Brittany was sitting on the stairs waiting for everyone to show up. She had gotten there early today because she wanted to be first in line at CC Jons- and she was. She sat there, sipping on her vanilla sprite as Santana and Rachel ran up to her.

"What?" Brittany turned to see Santana with a newspaper in her hand. "What is that?"

Santana leaned down and kissed her, then handed her the paper.

"It's the first softball article of the year. It's like, a preview of the season. And I made the article!"

Brittany looked down at the page and began to read.

Honoka'a

-Coach: Sue Sylvester (second season)

-2009 record: 3-7 (did not make BIIF tournament) [BIIF stands for Big Island Interscholastic Federation, for future reference.]

-Players to watch: Rachel Berry (P, Sr.), Santana Lopez (C, Sr.), Nalani Long (SS, Sr.), Brittany S. Pierce (CF, Sr.)

- Between the lines: For the second straight year, Sylvester enters the season with a thin squad. Two of the team's key players last season, Sugar Motta and Mercedes Jones, opted not to play, leaving the Dragons with just 11 players. Two of them haven't played organized softball before.

Honokaa does return a seasoned pitcher in Berry, a four-year starter with good control in the circle. Berry earned second-team All-BIIF honors last season.

Lopez, another four-year starter, has turned into a solid catcher despite entering her freshman season with no softball experience.

But the team as a whole has a high learning curve.

The team also has a new addition, Pierce, who transferred from Oklahoma. A hard hitter, Pierce will definitely add a much needed boost to the already strong Dragons.

"A lot of them have to learn the game itself,'' Sylvester said. "But I have no doubts that we will be a force to be reckoned with this season."

"I'm... In here too?"

Santana smiled. "I told you that Coach Sue liked you. You are exactly what we needed this season."

Brittany handed the paper back to Santana and kissed her. "Good morning, by the way."

"Good morning." Santana smiled, grabbing onto the hand of her girlfriend. "I see you got your drink."

"I had to. I've been craving it for a while." She held the cup out to Santana. "Sip?"

Brittany was shaking the cup, hoping that Santana would take a sip.

"No hun, I'm good. I gotta get to Hunt's but I'll see you later kay?" Santana stood up and smiled. "I love you."

"I love you too, babe." And Santana walked away.

School was tolerable, Brittany was passing every class with flying colors. Ensembles was a piece of cake. They were preparing for their spring concert that they held every year.

Spring formal was also coming up and Santana had mentioned that she wanted to go but had never asked Brittany formally to go with her.

Brittany spent most of the day dreaming about what Santana looked like in her catchers gear. She had her own set, of course. Mizuno brand, green and yellow in color. It wasn't over the top or super extravagant but it was nice none the less. Brittany would stare at her from center field, watching with every pitch- her girlfriend sliding and diving left and right. She never let anything get past her, which was the main reason why she was the starting catcher and the team captain. She had heart for the game, which Brittany definitely admired.

When school ended the girls waked over to the field to get ready for practice. It started with four laps around the field and then the girls warmed up. Of course Santana chose Brittany, which forced Rachel to find a new partner. She wasn't upset, but a little disappointed.

Coach Sue would show up around this time, and they'd start practice. She'd hit grounders to the infields, then flys to the outfield and they'd run plays. After that, was batting practice. So all in all, practice usually lasted from 2:30 until 5:00.

"Alright girls, have a seat. I have some news to announce before you all go home." The girls all ran off of the field and took a seat in the dugout. "Okay. So first off, good job today. Everyone was giving their 100% which makes me very happy. Second, you all know that the Pahoa (Pa-ho-ah) pre-season tournament starts tomorrow and I know that we are gonna do great. We're playing Kealakehe, so it should be a good matchup. Lastly, we can't play in the tournament if we don't have jerseys. So. Santana, go grab the box the back seat of my truck and pass out the jerseys. I had them specially made."

Santana and Rachel ran over to the truck and grabbed the box out. They brought it back into the dugout and opened it up. Brand new jerseys for their senior year. They were black button down typed jerseys, the letters white with green and yellow outlining. As they passed out the jerseys, one of the girls noticed something.

"Our last names are on the back!" Jen held her jersey up to show everyone. Santana along with the rest of the girls turned their jerseys to look at the back.

"Yee! This is whatsup!" The girls were much more than excited.

"I knew you girls would like this. And plus, we're gonna need to look good for when we go up to Oahu for states." The team roared, and then huddled so they could end practice. "And don't forget to grab a pair of pants and socks."

"We're gonna kill it this season. No doubt. Remember that we're wearing our jerseys to school tomorrow. Dragons on three. 1, 2, 3."

"DRAGONS!" Their right hands lifted into the air as they shouted. Practice ended and Brittany and Santana were spending the night in Waimea at Brittany's. Since softball started, Brittany hasn't really spent any time at home so they decided to make the drive. It wasn't far, but because they were tired they didn't feel like driving. But today, they were forcing themselves to.

As they pulled into the driveway, Santana looked over at her girlfriend who was asleep. Granted the drive was only about fifteen to twenty minutes, but Brittany was exhausted. They'd wake up early every morning when they stayed at Santana's and go for a little run through town then go to school. And of course they'd have practice after school was finished. So she understood why she would be so tired.

"Babe?" Santana shook Brittany lightly, just enough so that she would wake up. "Come on. Let's go inside."

Brittany's mom was getting ready for work and caught the girls just as they were walking in the door.

"Hey girls. How was practice?" Caroline was walking down the stairs with her purse and jacket in hand. "You guys looked exhausted."

"I am mom, I'm ready to pass out."

"She was already passed out on the way here." Santana nudged Brittany, and they continued to nudge each other back and forth.

"Okay okay girls. Don't hurt each other now. Dinner's in the fridge, I made lasagna tonight. Britt, dad's gonna be home in about a hour so when he does come home can you please give him this envelope. It's money for his boss."

"Okay I will. Have a good night at work."

"Thanks honey. You two get some rest. You guys have your first game tomorrow. Make sure you eat too. Bye girls."

"Byeee." The girls replied. And with that Brittany's mom left.

After taking a shower and having a plate of lasagna each, the girls were ready for bed. The last thing on Brittany's mind was the fact that when she woke up in the morning, it was going to be game day.

----------

At school the next day, the team rolled up with their new jerseys on. They were all full of excitement. They'd be leaving school at about 12:30 because it takes about a hour and a half to get from Honoka'a to Pahoa. School didn't even matter to them that day, all that did was the fact that they'd be playing their first game of the season. Well, technically pre season. Because there were only about 10 of them including Coach Sue, the school didn't get them a bus. They would be using the van, which was fine.

Santana had straightened her hair that morning and threw on a hat. She usually wore hats, but today she just looked extra good. Brittany didn't know what it was, but there was a glow that radiated off of her today. She was in her jersey, short shorts, long socks and vans. Brittany couldn't think of any other day that Santana looked this amazing.

It was Friday, so they had the weekly announcements done by the digital media class. The first announcement was the results on how the wrestlers did at states. A couple of Brittany's classmates got 1st place in their weight classes.

This year was a great year for Honoka'a sports. The football team won BIIF's for the first time in God knows how long. 20+ years from what Brittany heard around campus. The girls volleyball team made it to states as well. Cross Country won BIIF's as they always did, and proceeded to go to states where they placed among the top 20. Soccer, both boys and girls went to states. Girls basketball just missed the cut to go to States but regardless they did really well. A bunch of the wrestlers were BIIF champs, along with placing among the top 5 in the state tournament.

Next announcement was about the Pahoa softball tournament. And to Brittany's surprise, Santana and Rachel were doing the announcement.

"Hey guys. Softball seasons starting and this weekend we have our first tournament out in Pahoa. So come support us!"

It was short, but it was something. Brittany even over heard some of the kids in her class saying that they were gonna make the drive out there. It was far, so any support made a difference.

12:30 rolled around and the girls walked down to the armory with all of their bags in hand. The van was sitting outside of the athletic trainers office, and Coach Sue was sitting inside with Holly. Everyone who was a part of the Honoka'a sports program has gone to see Holly at least once. And one time with her was enough for you to fall in love with her personality, her vibe- pretty much every single thing about her.

"Hey girls! I'll be out there once I get everything situated here for the rest of the teams practicing. Sue you guys better get going I heard there might be traffic getting through Hilo."

"Alright alright. See you out there. Let's go girls!"

Everyone piled into the van and they headed towards Pahoa. When they got there, the first thing they saw was the field. They had the first game so there wasn't anyone else on the field other than the people raking the infield. The field wasn't exactly was Brittany expected. She was used to playing in fields that were inclosed by fences and not near any buildings but this school had their field open. There wasn't any fence stopping the ball from getting to the buildings.

"Okay girls. It's about 2:00 so I want you guys to start slowly warming up and getting ready. Santana I want you to warm up with Rachel so she can pitch to you. Run the team through the pre-game stretches and everything and let me know when you're finished so we can start doing flys and grounders. I'm going to turn in our roster to the umpire."

They did the regular stretches and then started to warm up. The nerves were really starting to build in Brittany, and Jen could tell while they were warming up.

"Are you okay, Sooner? I mean, you look a little unhinged. You don't have to be nervous or anything." But Brittany knew that it was going to take more than a pep talk from her to calm her down. She needed to talk to Quinn.

"I'm alright I just am kind of nervous."

"You're gonna do great. Trust me. We haven't seen a outfielder like you on any of the other teams. We definitely have an advantage. And I'm super stoked that you're with us because this field is like my worst nightmare. They had me in center this past year and I couldn't do it."

That definitely didn't help Brittany at all.

"Hey hang on okay? I gotta use the bathroom."

Jen nodded and Brittany ran over to her bag so that she could call Quinn in the bathroom. Once she ran in, she clicked on Quinn's number and it started ringing.

"Britt you can't be nervous. You're never nervous."

"But how did you even.."

"I just know these things okay. Don't be nervous. You're going to do great. Just shake it off, and you'll be just fine." She knew Quinn was right. She started shaking her hands and it was relieving some of the tension.

"Thanks, Q. I better get back out there."

"Good luck okay. And let me know how you do."

"I will. Bye."

And she hung up. Brittany rinsed her face in the sink once, just to cool herself off and ran back outside and back onto the field feeling a little better.

After the flys and grounders, her nerves had dissipated and the team was now in the dugout getting pumped for the game. They had all the softball essentials, water, gatorade and sunflower seeds. Rachel and Santana were called over to home plate where they met with the Kealakehe team captains and the home plate umpire.

"Alright here's the line up. Rachel, pitching. Brittany, center. Nalani, short. Santana, catching. Jen, right. Angel, left. Kalei, first. Kama, third. Wehi, second." After ever person was called, the team clapped twice. The coin tossed done by the coaches determined that Honoka'a was going to be the home team. Rachel and Santana finished the talk with the umpire and came back over to the team who were already huddled right outside of the dugout on the field.

"Okay guys. You know Pahoa's field. If the ball gets past you in outfield and gets to the buildings, raise your hand up and it'll become an automatic double. Everything else in play. We got this. Kealakehe isn't as strong as they were last year. Dragons on 3. 1, 2, 3."

"Dragons!"

And the team ran onto the field. Santana grabbed Brittany's arm and held her back.

"I know you're a little nervous but you're going to be okay. I know you're gonna do great. Nothing's gonna get past you. Please be careful with your back too okay. I told Jen and Angel to look out for you." And with a kiss, Santana put her catchers helmet down and squatted behind home plate.

Once Brittany was in her spot, she looked back at what was behind her. She surveyed the field, making sure that there weren't any holes or knicks in the terrain that would cause the ball to go any which way.

The first Kealakehe batter stepped into the box, and Brittany knew that there was no going back now. It was like her heart stopped and with Rachel's first pitch, she got ready to move.

The batter swung, and the ball soared into her direction. Brittany ran, hoping that her speed would take her to where she needed to be to catch it. She jumped and dove for it, and when she finally came to a stop she hoped that the ball was in her glove.

And so did everyone else.

---------

Alright, so true life in here would be me being the newspaper! yes :) fake, is the jerseys. I dreamed of those though.

I have class now so I have to go lol.

I hope you enjoyed this chapter :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

33.8K 942 38
Brittany becomes Santana's bodyguard after a near death experience, will Brittany be able to save Santana or is Brittany really the one that needs sa...
200K 3.3K 29
glee preferences + some imagines [ girl x girl ]
23.3K 643 11
(COMPLETED) Santana is starting college with her best friend Quinn. Quinn quickly makes friends and they are all going out together, Santana isn't ve...
60.7K 831 49
Riley Hummel used to be known as the popular girl who was dating a football player. That was until she joined Glee Club with her brother. Everything...