Heroic Acts

By xSilenced_Spiritsx

What if the love of your life turned out to be your arch nemesis? Darien moves away from home to enroll in a... More

One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen
Fifteen
Sixteen
Seventeen
Eighteen
Nineteen
Twenty
Twenty One
Twenty Two
Twenty Three
Twenty Four
Twenty Six
Twenty Seven
Twenty Eight
Twenty Nine
Thirty
Thirty One
Thirty Two
Thirty Three
Thirty Four
Thirty Five
Thirty Six
Thirty Seven
Thirty Eight
Thirty Nine
Forty

Twenty Five

416 25 30
By xSilenced_Spiritsx

"Oh, well, alright," Seth said, stepping aside and motioning for Darien to come in.

As Darien went inside he looked around, almost a little confused. The room was nearly spotless, and he had never seen it like that before, really. He looked over at Seth.

"Uh, where might my things actually be? This place looks really clean and I don't think they're where I left them," Darien said.

"I placed a lot of it neatly in the closet and in part of the dresser, I hope you don't mind," Seth said quietly. Darien nodded and began to gather his things. He opened one of the dresser drawers to find girly t-shirts and women's underwear. He closed it, a little too quickly, and opened another one to find some of his own things.

"So," Darien began. "Does your girlfriend live here with you?"

"Girlfriend?" Seth asked.

"The girl you took to the dance last night," Darien answered. Seth laughed a little.

"Darien, that is NOT my girlfriend," he said with full sincerity.

"Oh, please, you guys were sucking face half the night, you don't need to lie," Darien said, almost bitterly.

"So.. so it's true? I really did kiss her?" Seth asked quietly.

"If you consider a half hour of aggressively making out a kiss, then sure," he said. "Why? Didn't you know that?"

"Darien, we were plastered. I felt so bad in the morning when I realized what might have happened. I can't really remember anything after that," Seth admitted.

"Oh," was all Darien had to say. He continued gathering the rest of his things out of the dresser. Seth watched him, and he felt himself start to panic. This may be the last time he'd really ever get to speak to Darien, so he had to do what he could to make it last.

"I just wanted to apologize again," Seth blurted out.

"For what?" Darien asked, but his attention stayed on his things.

"For missing you. In the hospital. I really didn't mean it, I promise," Seth said, almost sounding pathetic. Darien scoffed.

"Andy told me you weren't coming, of course you meant it," he said.

"Andy? I told Andy I'd be on my way," Seth said.

"Yeah, but then you weren't," Darien snapped, turning away from his things.

"Yeah, because my tires were slashed! I told you this, Darien," Seth said.

"I always thought that was a bold lie to use. Your tires are absolutely fine," Darien said.

"Only because Caroline helped me pay for four new ones! I didn't have that kind of money at the time," Seth said.

"Caroline, huh? That's her name?" Darien said, turning back to his things.

"Yes, why?"

"I was just always curious, you seem to have a lot of affection for her. Like you love her," Darien said, looking over his shoulder at Seth.

"Well, I do love her, in a way. Like, not LOVE love, but she's my best friend," Seth said. "Why does it matter?"

"I was just wondering. You were never one to show any type of emotion other than anger," Darien said. Seth sighed and scratched the back of his head.

"Darien, I'm sorry, I'm so sorry about how I treated you. I thought I was getting better, I really did," Seth said.

"You know what?" Darien said, turning back around to face him. "You were getting better, and just when I thought things were going great, you went ahead and went back to the way you were when we met. You were never going to change."

"Oh yeah? Who told you that?" Seth glared.

"No one, I noticed it myself, though Andy did point it out a few times," Darien said.

"Oh, right," Seth began, and then he put on a very mocking Darien voice. "My wonderful richy-rich boyfriend told me that the old roommate was a bad, bad man!"

"Really mature, Seth," Darien said, rolling his eyes.

"You're just bitter because it's true! Ever since you brought Andy into the picture, things have been different. You can't put all the blame on me!" Seth argued.

"Andy has done nothing wrong to you!" Darien said, a little louder than before.

"Oh, really? Don't you think it's convenient that Andy was the last person I saw before my tires were cut to pieces?!" Seth yelled back.

"Oh, don't go pinning the blame on him just because he actually came to the hospital, Seth!"

"I literally COULDN'T, Darien! I fucking RAN there and I still didn't make it on time! I bet Andy prevented you from hearing me, too!"

"What's your problem?! Did it ever occur to you that I'm extremely happy in my relationship? Your lies and accusations are going to do nothing for you!"

"Why can't you just understand that I CARE about you, Darien?! I care about you SO much, and you refuse to open your fuckin' eyes and see that!"

"I see a man who can't be trusted, someone who's played with my feelings since day one! You never cared about me and you never will, Seth! You're incapable."

"What the fuck did you just say?"

"I said, you're incapable."

Some unstoppable feeling came over Seth, and before he knew it, he was shoving Darien into the wall, hard, much like how he had done in the past.

Only this time, he had pressed his lips up against his ex roommate's, holding his face and trying to keep his tears in.

Darien, initially afraid from the shove and surprised by the kiss, stood there shocked for a moment. He wasn't sure how to react or if he even should. At one point, this was all he ever wanted. Didn't he still want it? What about Andy? What about everything he just accused Seth of? By the time he was able to sort out this thoughts, Seth pulled away from him, staring down at their feet with tears rolling down his cheeks.

"I'm sorry," he stammered. "I shouldn't have done that."

"No, it's okay," Darien said, very quietly.

"To tell you the truth," Seth said. "Seeing you with Andy has been eating me up inside, Darien. I guess I did become pretty aggressive with you. It's just, he was here, with you, all the time and doing all the things I wish I could have been doing."

"Seth-"

"Please, let me finish," Seth said. "Maybe I have been a shitty person but it's not your fault, and I'm sorry I tried to place blame on anyone other than me. It just, it hurts, Darien. He's got all this money and a great car and I'm over here with a temper and a shitty Nissan. At least it has new tires though." He joked.

"I'm sorry, Seth," Darien said.

"Like I said, it's not even your fault."

"Why didn't you tell me?"

"By the time I realized I had to be with you, you had a date with Andy the next day. You seemed so excited and I just really didn't want to ruin that for you. Imagine having to spend your entire date knowing there was another guy out there completely infatuated with you," Seth said. "I guess now you have to have a boyfriend knowing that, well, I love you."

"That's okay," Darien said quietly.

"But you're in too deep now," Seth said, finally looking Darien in the eyes. His tears made his eyes burst with emerald green, but it didn't stop there. He continued to cry, harder even, as he spoke. "You've gone and left our room and you've moved in with him, Darien. Living together by choice is such a big step in a relationship and I just wish I had what he has."

"Seth, please don't cry," Darien said, almost whispering at this point. He stepped closer to him and used his thumbs to wipe the tears from his face.

"I can't help it, Darien! I've never felt this way about anyone before and there's nothing I can ever do about it, I look and sound like a fool," Seth said, sniffling.

"Seth?"

"What?"

"I.. I never got to kiss you back," Darien said. Seth looked into his eyes and back down at his lips.

"Are you sure?" Seth asked.

"Yeah, I kinda just stood there," Darien said.

"No, I mean, are you sure it's okay if I were to, kiss you again?" Seth asked.

"I'm sure."

Seth wasted no time. He leaned in to kiss Darien for the second time, placing one hand on his cheek and wrapped the other arm around his waist, pulling him in close.

This time, Darien returned it. He kissed Seth back, wrapping his arms around his neck, allowing Seth to pull him closer, closing his eyes. The two began to pick up the pace just a little bit, becoming just a little more passionate. Just then, Caroline decided it was a good idea to walk into Seth's room without knocking.

"Seth, I found this place that sells macarons and I- oHMYGOD I'M SORRY I'LL BE BACK," she shouted, rushing out the door and slamming it behind her. Seth shook his head and sighed, grinning a little at Darien, nervously.

"She seems really fun," Darien admitted.

"She is," Seth said quietly.

"Seth, why'd you stop?"

Seth gave a full smile towards Darien for the first time in a while, and kissed him for the third time. It felt like a dream, where each kiss was more passionate than the last. Seth picked Darien up and pinned him against the wall, allowing Darien to wrap his legs around his waist.

Darien held on to Seth with his arms around his neck again, smiling all throughout the kiss. This is what he'd been missing. He felt so bad for thinking terribly about Seth, and he also felt bad because he DID care about Andy, but he didn't want to think about that right now. Right now was just about him, and Seth, and the kisses they finally got to share together.

Seth carried him over to the bed and laid him down, crawling on top of him without pulling away from his lips once. Nothing other than making out was going on, but the two felt more intimate with each other than they had with anyone else ever before.

Seth pulled away from Darien's lips and began kissing on his chin and neck, muttering "I love you" against his skin. Darien didn't really have a response to this, and Seth knew that and was okay with it. He just closed his eyes and enjoyed being with Seth, even if it would only be for a few more minutes.

Seth finally pulled away from Darien, running his hands through his cinnamon hair. Darien smiled up at him, running his thumb along his cheekbone. Seth looked like he wanted to cry again.

"I don't ever want you thinking I don't care about you ever again," he said.

"I won't, I'm sorry even doubted you in the first place, Seth," he said quietly.

"It's okay, I forgive you," Seth said, smiling. "So, uh, what.. what now?"

"Well, uh, I think.. I think Andy is waiting for me," Darien said sadly.

"Oh, right," Seth said, looking down at the bed sheets below them.

"I'm sorry Darien, I shouldn't have made you kiss me like that knowing that you're taken," Seth said.

"You didn't force me to cheat, Seth. That was my decision."

"I still feel bad," he said quietly.

"Hey, don't you worry about anything, okay? I'm amazing at keeping secrets," Darien said.

"So.. so you're going to stay with him?" Seth asked.

"You know, I'm not really sure. I promise we'll talk about it later. I'll text you, okay?" Darien promised.

"Okay," Seth said, getting off of Darien so he could get up. Darien sat up and pecked Seth on the lips one more time before getting off the bed.

"I should probably grab a few things so yknow, it looks like I actually came for my stuff," Darien said, picking up a few things and putting them in a box.

"That would be a good idea," Seth said and smiled sheepishly.

"I.. I hope to see you again soon," Darien said.

"You will, don't worry," Seth said, going in for a hug. Darien gladly accepted it and took in Seth's scent, letting the hug linger a little too long before pulling away.

"Goodbye, Seth," he said softly, making his way out the door, where he met Caroline. His face went bright red.

"Uh, have you been here this whole time?" He asked her.

"No, not the whole time, just, part of it. Sorry for walking in on you guys, I feel bad," she said.

"It's okay," Darien said, blushing and obviously worried that someone from the outside knew he had cheated.

"My name is Caroline," she said with a smile.

"It's nice to meet you, I'm Darien," he said politely.

"So you're Darien! I've heard so many things about you!"

"R-really? You have?"

"Of course! Seth really, really cares about you, Darien," she said sweetly.

"Oh, I uh, well, that's.. that's really great to know. Thank you, Caroline." He said, smiling.

"Of course, and don't worry. I won't tell anyone, especially Andy, your secret," she said and winked. Darien smiled with relief and thanked her before saying goodbye and making his way to his apartment to meet Andy.

"What am I gonna do?" he mumbled to himself.

***

Caroline and Seth celebrated with high-fives and macarons. Seth's smile was brighter and more beautiful than ever before, and Caroline couldn't be more thankful. She adored Seth so much and would do anything to see him happy.

"He was really cute, Seth! All blushy and stuff.. I can see why you like him so much!" She said.

"I love him, Caroline," Seth said with a dreamy look in his eyes. Caroline giggled and bit into her Red Velvet macaron, swinging her legs back and forth.

"I wonder what he's doing right now. Do you think he's gonna break up with his boyfriend?" Caroline asked.

"I feel bad, but I really hope he does," Seth said, thinking for a moment. "You know what? No! I don't feel bad! He's the one who made Darien hate me, after all!"

"Yeah! Yeah that's true! Y'know, there's something weird about that Andy fella anyway. When I first met him, he was all flirty and.. strange," Caroline said.

"Really?" Seth asked. "You weren't even supposed to meet him."

"Yeah, I know, I was dumb and I got caught. It was weird, though. It was as if Darien didn't even exist to him when he was talking to me," she said.

"Huh. Well, hopefully I can get Darien out of his hair and right into mine," he said hopefully.

Just then, a text message buzzed onto Seth's cellphone.

To: Seth
From: Darien
1:37 pm: Hey, it's Darien, I don't know if you still have my number saved. I wasn't able to break things off with Andy, I don't know what to do or say yet. I need to see you again, but it has to be a secret. When?

To: Darien
From: Seth
1:39 pm: Any time you like. I'm assuming you'd prefer a more private place? If you come here tonight I can take us out somewhere, no one will find us. It's really secluded. (And by the way, nothing in the whole world will make me delete your number.)

To: Seth
From: Darien
1:42 pm: That sounds perfect. Andy is teaching a night class from 8:30-9:45 pm, I can be there around 8? Is that okay? I'd just have to be home by 9:30.

To: Darien
From: Seth
1:44 pm: That's perfect. I'll be waiting. You better show up. <3

To: Seth
From: Darien
1:47 pm: I wouldn't miss it for the world. <3

***
A/N: Guys, you have literally no idea how long I've had this chapter brewing in my head or how hard it was to wait this long! I hope you guys like it, and I hope you guys like my new posting schedule! Also, new book cover art! Yay! I put much more effort into this one so I hope you guys enjoy that as well. Happy reading!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

528 58 9
"I need to stay by his side even if I hate him because that's the only way I can survive..." When Ryan Afshar's father faced financial difficulties...
60.9K 1.8K 30
"I hate you - so much Tripp." More confusion because, once more, wasn't this a good thing? "Why did you have to say that? What if," A little quieter...
34.5K 893 15
Seventeen years old Sam Adams doesn't do well with people. He prefers staying home on the weekends and staying away from parties. He has only one fri...
224K 9.4K 40
This is a boyxboy, if you don't like it then kindly show yourself to the exit arrow. Thank you. This is a heroxvillain story. I'm bad at descriptions...