Forbidden Love- USWNT

By uswnt-fanfic

Christen is the new varsity soccer coach at Pinewood High School after moving from Sweden because of a scanda... More

Welcome to Pinewood
The Student
Party at Servando's
A Late Night
Keep My Mind Busy
Win, feelings, and Strange Calls
Cars, clothes, and Calories
The Forbidden Kiss
Avoid... if possible
Keep Calm, Stay Strong
The Mistake
Everything's Going to be Just Fine
Clearing the Air
Roll Through the Punches
Mini Golf
Unwelcomed Visitors
Sweet Thoughts to Not
My Highlight of the Day was...
Where's Christen?
Say Your Goodbyes
Ms. Tom Cruise
Fox Bridge
Home Sweet Home
*BONUS CHAPTER*

The Bachelor

3.7K 59 12
By uswnt-fanfic

Christen's Pov. 

I can't believe I'm going to get food with Tobin! I thought to myself. We walked out to the parking lot, which was almost deserted and decided we'de take our own cars to the destination. 

I didn't know where we were going, so I had total fate in Tobin, not making it dramatic or anything. 

I got in my car, and waited for her to get going. 

We drove for about fifteen minutes, before arriving at this burger joing called Snuffies. We got out of our cars, and she held the door for me. 

"Why thank you," I said. We sat at a booth, and the waiter gave us two menus.

"Ya'll take your time with ordering, this place is quite tonight. Everyone else is over at Joe's." 

"Eh, we like a quiet crowd," Tobin said. He nodded, and walked to the back. 

"What's Joe's?" I asked Tobin. 

"Its this pretty popular diner on the other side of town. Snuffies is still a good spot to go to, but Joe's is just closer to everyone. I just thought it would be weird for someone to see us together." 

"Understood," I smiled, before looking at the menu, "wow, everything looks good." 

"There is one thing Snuffies has that Joe's doesn't... a juke box." 

"Really?" I hadn't seen a juke box in awhile. Tobin nodded and walked to the end of the restuarant, which was behind me and I turned around to see a juke box. 

She pressed a button, and "Come As You Are" by Nirvana started playing through the restaurant. 

"Oh my gosh!" I said laughing. Tobin then started dancing, and she then danced over to the booth and held out her hand. 

I laughed and grabbed her hand and we started dancing together. We were laughing and it looked like it came out of a movie, but I felt we were in slow motion. 

A few seconds later, the waiter came out to see us dancing we saw and we stopped. We ended up just ordering two burgers, large fries, and a strawberry and chocolate milkshakes. 

We sat back down and laughed, "that was funny," I said. 

"He probably get's that a lot," Tobin said. Wow, her smile is perfect. 

We sat in silence, taking everything in, "so, what does Tobin like doing on her free time," I asked. 

"So we're getting personal eh?" she asked. 

"Well, we are technically on a date." 

"True, well I like just chilling, either watching stuff on Netflix, sometimes reading, or even taking naps. I'll sometimes just kick a soccer ball around." 

"I like that, sounds relaxing"

"I mean, my definition of living life to it's fullest is not adding more things in your life. I like taking things at its natural order." 

I laughed, "and I guess partying too." 

She nervously laughed, "yeah, I like to have fun once in awhile." 

"It's okay, I'm not going to do anything about it." 

"I mean, you are our coach, which means you could suspend me."

"I could, but I'm not going to." 

"What about you, what does Press like to do?" 

"I like reading, meditating, and waking up early to see the sun rise. And I love playing with my dog Nila, if you remember her."

"Of course! She's such an angel."

"Oh she was just on her best behaviour. She knew we had a guest," I chuckled. 

Our food came out, and once I took a bite of the burger, I felt like sinking in relaxation, "Holy crap, that's a good burger!" 

"There's no other place like it!" Tobin said. We cheered with our milkshakes, and started chattering away. 

At one point during the dinner, Tobin asked a question that sorta threw me off guard, "Christen, I've been trying to ask you this, but you don't have to." 

"Tobin, its fine, if its about my past, go ahead," I comforted. 

"Well, I was wondering if you've stayed in touch with your teammates. Do you see them? Skype?" 

"Not really. After my deflation scandal and they found out it was me, they cut ties. My best friend on that team was the last person who I said goodbye to before I took off to the states. No one else came to say goodbye." 

"Oh wow. I'm so sorry Christen. That must've been horrible." 

"Eh, it is waht it is. And I payed the price from it." 

"Do you still talk to your friend?" 

"We used to, but then we just stopped. I guess she's moved on," I said sadly. 

Tobin held my hand that was on the table, I felt safe and comforted by her touch, "Well, one thing for sure is that I'm not going anywhere," she said, giving me a warm smile. 

I smiled back. "Hole In The World" by Eagles started playing on the juke box, and that was Tobin's que to stand up and offer another dance. 

I gratefully accepted and we started slow dancing. I had my hands wrapped around her neck, while her's was around my waist. I rested my head on her shoulder, just letting the dance speak our emotions. 

"Are you afraid?" I asked. 

"Huh?" she said.

"Afraid someone's going to find out? What about the waiter?" 

"That waiter is my cousin, and he won't do anything that would expose me," she reassured me, "and yes, I'm afraid, but being with you makes all those feelings go away." 

"Tobin, if something happens to you, I don't know what I'd to do myself." 

"Shhhh, I won't let anything happen, to me, or to you," she looked in my eyes, and I saw her hazel eyes. 

We continued dancing until the music stopped, "I guess we should head to our homes huh?" I said. 

"Yeah, makes sense, its a school night anyways," she said. We grabbed our coats, and before we got into our cars, we hugged and Tobin planted a passionate kiss. 

"I'll see you tomorrow," she said. Her boyish charm making it all the better. I blushed, and got in my car. I squealed a little, and turned on the car to head home. 

Next Day 

As soon as I headed in the school, teachers began congradulating for our big win last night, which I almost forgot about since I was so focused on my date with Tobin. 

"Thanks!" "The girls worked hard!" "It was nothing" was basically what I said. 

I got to my office, and not a moment for me to sit down was when Kelley and Carli came in. 

"There's are super coach!" said Kelley. 

"Hey guys, what's up!" 

"Nothing, just so proud you carried the mantel of beating Columbus!" said Carli. 

"Guys, stop, I'm going to start feeling like a celebrity now!" I teased. 

"Well, you kinda are. The town is talking about it!" Kelley said as she handed me a newspaper. On the cover was a picture of the girls celebrating over a goal, and another picture to the side of me standing on the sideline. 

"Wow, I guess I am a celebrity," I said to myself. 

"Do you think we should give me a practice today? Its Friday and I was thinking of taking my husband out to dinner tonight," said Carli. 

"Oh I don't want you guys to cancel anything, I think that sounds like a good plan. The girls have been working hard, and we deserve a break. I'll send an email," I said. 

"Great!" Carli walked away, but Kelley kept back. 

"Something I can help Kells?" 

"Since Carli is going out with her husband, wanna hang out tonight?" 

"Sure, what were you thinking?" 

"I mean, the bachelor is showing tonight, and I wanna see what happened to Colton." 

"Come on Kells, he did that for drama. That show is fake." 

"We'll see once I make us watch it!" she says and takes off. 

I rolled my eyes but smiled. I went to my emails and started writting a message to the whole team that practice would be cancelled. 

Once I sent that, I leaned back in my seat, and stared off into space. I want to go on another date with Tobin. Call our date cheesy, but chessy dates can be the best dates. 

I started coming up with ideas for another potential date, and found mini golfing as an option. I liked that idea, and then getting food after that. 

To avoid any suspicion, we would go to the next town, Fredrickson, and just be able to relax and not worry about anything or anyone. 

***************

It was after school, and I quickly told Kelley that I had to take care of something before we would go out, so I went upstairs to find Tobin, until I saw Servando who looked like he was picking on her. 

"Back of dude, its not like I do it all the time!" Tobin yelled. She shoved him away from her, which caused some unwanted attention. 

"Bullshit! I saw you two, you looked like you could've kept on going!" 

"I swear to god Servando, if you don't chill, I will kick your ass!" 

"Bring it on Heath!" They were inches away from each other. I had to intervene. 

"Hey, you have to be somewhere?" I said as I stepped in. They both turned towards me, but then looked at the ground. 

"You best be going off, unless I tell your coach," I warned Servando. 

He grumbled something under his breath, and gave one last look at Tobin, before storming off. 

I walked to Tobin, which she looked embarrassed, "what was that?" I asked. 

"It was nothing, just something we've been disagreeing for awhile," was all she said. 

"Well, it better be put to a stop, because I'm not going to tolerate that," I said. 

"Understood." 

"Can you follow me, Ms. Heath?" I had to keep acting like this, and if I had to play that I was going to punish her, than that was what I was going to keep doing. 

She followed me to an empty classroom, and I shut the door and closed the blinds, "look, it wasn't that big of a deal, Servando and I are actually pretty good friends..." Tobin started saying, but not until I interrupted her by closing the space between us. 

I gave a passionate, but light kiss and looked at her, "I have a plan, we go to this Mini golf place in Fredrickson where no one knows who we are, and we just forget everything for a couple of hours." 

"What are you saying?" 

"Tobin, will you go on another date with me?" 

She gasped, but not in a scared way, but in a relief kinda way, "yes, I was worried you wouldn't want to go out with me, and I was trying to find ideas, but yes, I would love to!" 

"Great, now that thing about Servando, I'll make sure I'll put a word in on his coach," I proposed. 

"No, I don't want more people getting involved, I wished you didn't see, but it is what it is. I have the rest of the team to back me up." 

We were still holding one another, and I could have stayed in that position forever, but knew I had to catch up with Kelley. 

"Alright, well how does tomorrow sound?" 

"Perfect, want me to pick you up?" 

"In your motorcycle?" 

"For you, of course," she smiled. I smiled, and gave her a light kiss again. 

"I have to go, I have to watch the bachelor with Kelley tonight, but I'll text you tonight on more details, got it?" I said. 

She gave a thumbs up, "have fun, that show's the best!" 

"What?! Not you too!" I moaned and walked out of the classroom. 

When I met with Kelley at the office, she had her sunglasses on, and holding her purse, "about time, what took you so long?" 

"Oh had to break up a fight along my way to the teacher's lounge, I forgot my keys." 

"Ooohh, who was fighting?" she asked in excitment. I gave her a weird look, "does it matter?" 

"No, I guess not," she mumbled. I laughed. 

We headed out, and since Kelley didn't drive here today, I was the driver for the night. 

We stopped at the grocery store to pick some icea cream and other treats. Kelley insisted we would get some nuts for icea cream, which I said she was nuts for getting nuts for icea cream. 

We got back to my house, and Nila greeted us. 

"Want some wine?" I asked Kelley from the kitchen. 

"I'll some in a bit, how bout some beer?" 

"Sure, I think I have some," I opened the fridge, and sure enough saw some. I usual didn't drink beer, but on occasions I would open a bottle. 

"Cheers," we both said as we took a sip. 

"I gotta say Christen, your taking things well with the team, to be honest, I was a little worried that the girls wouldn't like a change." 

"I guess I know my stuff, I learned a lot at Stanford." 

"Ay, coach was the best," Kelley said. 

"Do you miss college, I mean besides finals and all that?" 

"Well yeah, I think it was the time I made life-long friends and have truely discovered who I was, not to sound sentimental or anything." 

We talked some more, and when it was finally time for the bachelor's showing, Kelley get her ice cream with nuts ready, and plopped on the sofa. I joined her, with Nila in my lap, and a bowl of ice cream. 

When we started watching it, I found it at first boring, until they recapped all the drama that happened. 

"Holy crap, did he really just jump that fence?"

"Yep, told you it was good." 

We probably watched the show for at least three hours, until I found myself with heavy eyes. I realized I needed to text Tobin, but I was too tired. 

The next thing I knew, I was sound asleep with Nila, and Kelley glued to the T.V.. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

196K 2.8K 24
Word Count: 36,850. "Nothing in the world is quite as good as lying down in dewy grass, nighttime at long last after a day of walking absolutely now...
34.9K 707 35
Andy was your average high school student. She played soccer, did well in school had crushes etc. She wasn't just like everyone one though. Her mothe...
13.9K 192 10
Their love may be hidden from the public, but behind the door... well, that's a different story. A love story between the well known football players...
18.9K 560 10
Paris and Luna are just starting Sophomore year of high school. They both love music and they both love soccer. Which path will they choose to follow...