[ 2 ] exemplary » klaus mikae...

By perfectpetrova

[ sequel to virtuous ] the originals; season one -? klaus mikaelson x fem!oc started: 25 february 2018 finish... More

00
01
02
03
04
05
06
07
08
09
10
11
12
13
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24

14

16.3K 474 773
By perfectpetrova

"I guess this means no epidural, huh? You sure I can't do this thing in, say, a hospital? The place with the doctors and the drugs?" I hear Hayley say from within the shack I'm about to enter in.

"Honey, the werewolves have been having babies out here since before you were born. Stop worrying." Another female voice speaks and I step in, crossing my arms. "There's no way my child is being born outside a swamp." I tell them.

Hayley rolls her eyes at me as she gets up from the floor. By the look of it, it seems like her and a blonde girl that I've sort of recognize, were preparing for Hayley's birth.

Elijah arrives at the doorway behind me, "Pardon the interruption. I wonder if I might have a quick word with the conspirators of a supposed uprising."

Elijah, Hayley, Jackson, and Oliver crowd together outside the shack. I stand beside them, looking around the bayou, not listening to their conversation. It has something do to with the treaty so, there's no reason for me to get involved.

When I woke up this morning, Klaus had already left with no trace to where he was going. Elijah wanted to check up on Hayley to see how she was doing and I decided to join him, also wanting to know the health of her and my child. 

"We don't want a fight, Elijah. We just want a better life." I hear Hayley tell the eldest Mikaelson brother. "Allegiance with my brother will guarantee you anything but that." he tells her and then I realized that Elijah had found out about Klaus going behind his back and making a deal with the werewolves.

The sound of a motorcycle caused me to whip my head around and see who decided to make an appearance. Clearly it wasn't anyone from the bayou since Jackson starts running towards them. "What the hell?"

I follow closely behind Elijah who also decided to witness the scene. "Which one of you is in charge?" the man on the motorcycle asks, putting his bike on halt.

"Who's asking?" Jackson inquires and Elijah steps in, zooming to the biker and reflexively tackles him. I didn't even get to process what happens next when the force of air throws me backwards and down onto the ground.

I cough, bringing my hand to my head, trying to ease the throbbing pain. I look around my surroundings, spotting injured people everywhere. I slowly pick myself up and walk towards the explosion site. The motorcycle blew up and thankfully, Elijah prevented it from making it worse.

"Maya! Are you alright?" Elijah runs towards me and examines my face. I take a look at him. His clothes were ripped and his skin was exposed, all covered in ash. "I-I'm fine. Where's Hayley?"

The second my question flashes through his mind, he began searching for the young werewolf. I decided to help those in need. I quickly rush over to a woman who's laying down on the ground, blood pooling out of her leg.

"Hey, I'm here to help. Okay?" I tell her with a soft voice and she winces, nodding rapidly. I tear the tip of her flannel, wrapping it around her leg to make a tourniquet.

"Hey, Oliver! A little help here." Hayley says from behind me. I let out a sigh of relief at the sight of her. "Oh, thank God you're okay." I smile at her and she returns one and proceeds to help me pick up the injured woman. Oliver then takes her from our arms and brings her back inside.

"I need you to come with me," Hayley orders and grabs my hand while picking up a large branch and handing it to me. "What's this for?" I question as she leads us out of the bayou.

"If this was vampires, I'm pretty sure that I can guess who gave the order. We're gonna go find Marcel."

§

Hayley and I barge into the vampire hideout, slamming the door open causing all heads to turn our direction.

"You guys done got some nerve coming up in here," Diego scowls at the two of us. Once we got closer, Hayley kicks Diego out of his seat and knocks him flat on his back. He immediately jumps back up and growls above her.

I shove him against a wall and thrust the stake Hayley gave me earlier, into his chest, just below his heart.

"Someone attacked my pack in the Bayou this morning, and since I don't see any genius mastermind-types around here... Why don't you just tell me where Marcel is, and we can both get on with our day, huh? You think I'm playing? There were families out there." Hayley retorts at him.

"You heard her." I tell him, keeping my stake in place. "Just because Marcel gave you a free pass doesn't mean you can bark orders around." Diego sneers at me.

I shove the stake deeper into his chest, causing him to let out a groan laced in pain. "Don't make me say it twice. Do you want to be the second vampire I kill in this city?" I throw a rhetorical question at him.

"He used to keep a place. 1917 Patterson. If he's still around, he'll be there." he answers after hissing in pain while glaring at me and I yank out the stake, leaving with Hayley trailing behind.

§

"Klaus, where are you?" I ask through the phone as I follow Hayley to our destination. "I'm in a bit of a situation here, love. What's wrong?" he inquires and I can hear struggling in the background but I don't question it.

"There was an attack at the bayou-" I start my sentence, but he instantly cuts me off, "What?! Are you alright? Where are you?"

"Yes, I'm okay. So is Hayley. We're in the city and we figured it has something to do with Marcel considering he started a whole massacre with the witches and with his hatred towards the wolves..." I explain to him and Hayley stops walking, standing in front of a brick building. She tells me we've arrived.

"I assure you, once I am finished here, you will have my undivided attention. In the meantime, please stay out of trouble." Klaus tells me and I shake my head, although he can't see me. "That's kind of hard when I have a hormonal pregnant wolf eager to find out why her pack was bombed."

"Maya..." he warns and there was a scream in the distant through the phone. "You seem to need your attention elsewhere. I'll see you later." I scoff and shove my phone back into my pocket after hanging up. I have no idea where he is, but it clearly seemed more important.

"Listen, I don't want to drive a wedge between you two..." Hayley says to me, furrowing her eyebrows. "I'll deal with Klaus later. I'm here for you," I assure her and the both of us walk right into the brick building hoping to find Marcel.

We step into a large room, where Marcel was standing as if he was waiting for us. He stands near his couch and behind him is a sitting area along with a huge window that takes up most of the wall.

"Come on in. Have a seat." Marcel walks over to us, trying to hand me a drink but I deny his offer. "You definitely took me by surprise." He points at me and I cross my arms, furrowing my eyebrows. "What do you mean?"

"You and Klaus. Never thought I'd see the day that Klaus Mikaelson found the love of his life. Man, I did not see that coming, especially when it was right in front of my eyes." Marcel reveals with an amusing smile plastered on his face. "I should've seen it coming, though. I noticed the way he looked at you and how your heart beats faster every time you saw him."

I gulp softly, unaware of what to say. I never knew Klaus and I were so predictable, but it is hard to believe Klaus has a soft spot for me after all he's done for the past 1000 years.

I glance at Hayley and I couldn't read her face but I knew she was eager to find out more information about the wolves.

"Now, I know you two didn't come here for that. For the record, you didn't have to work Diego like that." He tells me and I shrug as Hayley steps forward taking a look around. "Nice pad." she says.

"Oh, it's just temporary. Friend hooked me up. Believe it or not, I still got a few of those kicking around. I need friends to keep me informed, to warn me when someone is coming looking to blame me for things that I didn't do." Marcel states, showing off his pearl white teeth in the process. He points to Hayley, "You and I are long overdue for a chat."

"You want to talk? Talk." Hayley directs from her voice.

"Tough girl. You're a lot like your dad in that way. Oh, yeah. I knew him. I knew your whole family. In fact, if you knew them like I did, you'd know just how many enemies they have. Back in the nineties, it was the Crescent wolves who took over the city. Or, tried to. They lived to throw down, and they were good at it, too. They didn't care who they killed as long as they got more power."

"So the Crescent curse was your way of stopping them? How heroic." Hayley deadpans while staring right back at him. "It was either that or kill them all, and I'm not big on indiscriminate slaughter. See, I have this thing about kids." he tells us, taking a seat on his couch.

"So I've heard." Hayley raises her eyebrows, folding her arms. Marcel smirks at her, "Oh, you did more than hear about it, Andréa Labonair. You're living proof."

Marcel starts to tell us about Hayley's family and how there was a fight among the wolves which had Marcel find Hayley as a baby in her crib. Then he tried to have us leave the city by giving us a duffle bag full of money... of course we didn't take it.

Hayley and I also figured out that Marcel had absolutely nothing to do with the wolves and the bomber was most likely involved with the humans. We didn't exactly get the answer we wanted, but at least now we know.

§

I throw my jacket on my sofa near my bed and sigh out of exhaustion. I left Hayley at the bayou where she could help out more injured people, even after I tried to convince her to come back to the French Quarter but her heart's in the right place.

A presence behind me causes me to job in surprise. I turn my body around and come face-to-face with Klaus, who's eyebrows are furrowed above me. "I didn't mean to scare you, love."

"No, it's fine. I'm still a little shaken up from the explosion." I tell him, rubbing my arms to calm myself down. "Oh and, uh, Marcel wasn't the one who sent a bomber to the bayou."

"I know. It's not really much of his style. He has a thing with children," he explains and I nod with a smile. "So I have been told."

I stare back up at him which reveals a hint of sadness behind those blue eyes. "Something wrong?" I ask him, concern filling my voice.

"I'm afraid the hex has caught up Father Kieran..." he tells me and I feel my heart drop, "Is-Is he dead?" I gasp and he softly nods.

Tears coat the tip of my eyes, feeling them fall down my blushed cheeks. I haven't known him for long and he has done nothing but good in the world. "Oh, my god. How is Cami?"

"She knows what had to be done in order to protect the safety of herself and the people of this city." he responds and I nod rapidly. I take a seat on the edge of my bed and Klaus sits right next to me. The silence fills the room rather quickly as the few tears stain my cheeks.

"Is that what you were doing today? Trying to save him?" I question after a few minutes of quiet. He nods, staring down at the floor below him. "Yes, but as you can see, I have not succeeded."

"And I tried to pull you out. If I had known-" I start and turn my head to him. He cuts me off and shakes his head with his eyes closed for a few seconds, "Don't worry about it, sweetheart. I can't be in two places at the same time."

I stand up from my bed and take a few steps toward the window. The sounds of footsteps and indistinct whisperings from the outside world fill my ears as the room goes mute again.

There's one thing that I wanted to talk to Klaus about. We've barely touched the subject in the past few months and I'm not even sure what's going to happen in the future at this point.

"Klaus..." I slightly turn my head to get a glance at him. He gets up and throws me a look, waiting for me to finish my sentence. "Our child is coming here a lot quicker than we think and we should prepare ourselves. We've hardly talked about our unborn baby."

"Truth is, Maya, I don't know what to expect. For a thousand years I've lived on this earth and never once thought I could have a child with a woman I love."

The words that fall from his lips cause my heart to squeeze in warmth. He inches closer to me, but there's still an even amount of space between us.

"Neither did I. I mean, I never expected to have a baby with a vampire slash werewolf who's supposed to be my enemy. But even at our current state, I couldn't be more happier." I tell him truthfully and I watch as a smile appears on his face.

"I couldn't agree more."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

52.7K 1.6K 19
The Vampire Diaries Season One to TBD Soulmate AU Kol Mikaelson x OC
29.9K 1K 23
i was half myself without you, now i feel so complete (THE VAMPIRE DIARIES: 2 - 4) (KOL MIKAELSON x FEM!OC) (RIGHT PERSON, NOT ENOUGH TIME)
45.4K 1.4K 44
The Vampire Diaries Season One to Season Four The Originals Season One to TBD Kol Mikaelson x OC
416K 11.9K 37
━━━ 'right. and then she stole your credit card and spent all your money so you had to commit fraud the entire way back' ┏...