One Dance

By strawdolls

Bakugou just wants to be the top hero. Kirishima just wants to dance. Kirishima and Bakugou had been pining o... More

1| Singled Out
2| Settled
3| Despacito
4| Viral
5| Resolve
A Smol Doodle
6| His Hand
7| First Base
8| Funday
9| Broken
10| A Helping Hand
11| Last Friday Night
12| A Present
13| Heart to Heart
14| Pillow Talk
15| Best Friends Forever
16| Swalla-la-la
17| Fright Fest
18| Killing Time
19| Taste
20| Equilibrium
21| Return
22| Favorites
23| First
24| Lodging: Day One
25| Lodging: Day Two
27| Lodging: Day Four
28| Minutes 'til Midnight
29| Love Like You
Thank You! 💜

26| Lodging: Day Three

1K 48 97
By strawdolls

Notes: full speed ahead, colonel
_____________________

December 24th, aka Christmas Eve. Also known as Christmas Jr. Whatever it was going to be addressed as, today was that day. One day closer to the birth of Jesus Christ or whatever, one day closer to the new year. One day closer to Katsuki's birthday, too. He was getting sidetracked again. Where the hell was Eijirou this time?

The blond fought his way out of the covers that managed to swaddle him in his sleep. Clothes littered the floor, and for whatever reason, the door was left wide fucking open. Good thing Katsuki didn't sleep naked in the winter. Why did his friends like to get up early to annoy him before they really annoyed him? Iida was supposed to be keeping the rabid children in check yet he could hear a whole bunch of noise coming from the living room.

The blond prioritized his hygiene first and completely disregarded the rumbling of his stomach as he stormed down the stairs, his signature scowl already locked and loaded. Then he saw his idiot friends as well as his idiot boyfriend doing some questionable shit, Denki, and Eijirou holding each others' hands by the pinky. Their faces lit up upon seeing the blond join whatever cult shit they had going on.

"Bakubro!" Denki cheered. "You're just in time for our bro-wedding!"

Katsuki blinked. "Bro-what?"

"It's better if you don't ask questions..." Sero muttered beside him, twiddling the paper mache flower clipped to his hoodie. Iida cleared his throat, clearly annoyed by the side conversations interrupting the ceremony. What the fuck was going on?

"Denki Kaminari! Do you take Eijirou Kirishima to be your best bro, to have and to hold, from this day forth, for better or worse, rich or poor, sickness and health, to love and cherish as long as thee shall live?"

Denki stared Ei dead in the eyes, an eerie seriousness to his usually dorky face as he answered, "I do... no homo, though."

Katsuki's eye twitched. There was only a certain level of stupidity one could take.

Iida turned to Eijirou, his arm bent at a 90-degree angle as he repeated his lines again. The redhead wiped a tear from his eye as he, too, nodded, croaking out, "I do too, no homo, bro."

Iida sniffled and took a brief moment to dab at his own eyes with a handkerchief before readjusting his glasses and clearing his throat again. Beckoning for Sero, he ordered, "Sero, the bracelets, please."

"Here's my cue," Sero breathed out, pulling out two black braided leather bracelets. Stepping forward, he handed it off to Iida, who then passed it to the two idiots still holding each other by the pinky before him. Sero stepped back in line with Katsuki, his lanky fingers going to massage his temples. Mina slid between the two, a hand propped on the blond's shoulder as support for her weight as she leaned up to whisper in the taller one's ear.

"I thought the exchange was supposed to be before the vows," she whispered. Sero groaned a soft, "I know," as the two idiots strapped the bracelets on each others' wrists. After that awkward shit was over, Iida pushed his glasses further up the bridge of his nose.

"By the power vested in me, by the laws of... of bromance, I now proclaim thee Best Bros! You may now hug each other."

"No homo?" Denki spoke, his arms outstretched in front of him. Eijirou hiccuped, his bottom lip quivering as he admired the bracelet on the golden-blond's wrist.

"No homo, bro," he cried, embracing the hug on fully. Katsuki looked to where Todoroki was comforting a sobbing Midoriya whereas Jirou was trying and failing at stifling her laughter. Katsuki glanced at Sero again and felt Mina's hand leave his shoulder to go and rub Sero's back instead.

"Mind explaining to me what the fuck happened when I was asleep now?" Katsuki snarled.

"Denki almost slipped up and spilled that Todoroki is gonna propose to Midoriya today, so he covered it up by proposing to Kiri instead," Mina informed with a nonchalant shrug. "But he didn't want to make it gay, so he said, 'no homo', and then... well, this happened."

This shit was too idiotic for Katsuki's brain to handle, and Bakugou.exe subsequently crashed just as Todoroki dropped to one knee with a velvet box in his left hand. The blond didn't process all the screaming and cheering, nor did he process Midoriya's hefty sobs as he accepted the proposal, but his brain managed to do a hard reboot and bring him back to reality just as Eijirou wedged himself under his arm, his head lovingly resting on his shoulder. Not even an hour into the day and he was already reeling from the volumes of idiocy being thrown his way.

There was only one item he could use in a situation like this before the damage was permanent.

Bakugou used: Compliance!

His defense increased tremendously!

"Say, since you're the real couple here today, why don't you two take the first dance?" Denki suggested, winking at the newly engaged couple. Midoriya angled his head to glance at Todoroki, his eyes glazed over with tears. Todoroki smiled at him, and Midoriya smiled back before nodding in return to Denki's question.

"We'd be honored, Kaminari."

As if this was planned, which it probably was at this point, Denki snapped his fingers and the rest of the group spring into action, bolting to opposite ends of the room as Denki shouted, "Set the mood, people!"

Eijirou stayed glued to a completely compliant Katsuki whilst the others shrouded the room into subtle darkness with blankets over the windows. The fairy lights were switched on whereas the lights were flicked off. The small silhouette of Jirou was viewable a few feet away, and soon the light from Denki's phone screen illuminated her amused face as she scrolled through a playlist, her feeble finger tapping on the screen once she located whatever song was chosen for this next pointless event.

"Let's take our time tonight, girl
Above us all the stars are watchin'"

Todoroki bowed before Midoriya, his hand extended out to him as the music painted a suffocatingly romantic atmosphere. Midoriya's lips trembled into a lopsided grin.

"There's no place I'd rather be in this world
Your eyes are where I'm lost in"

Midoriya slipped his hand into Todoroki's, and the dual-quirk wielder straightened himself and drew his body closer to his now fiancé's. His other hand found Midoriya's waist while the green-haired crybaby let his rest in the crook of Todoroki's neck.

"Underneath the chandelier
We're dancin' all alone"

Todoroki planted a soft, gentle kiss on Midoriya's forehead, eyes closed and clearly enjoying this moment they were getting the opportunity to share.

"There's no reason to hide
What we're feelin' inside
Right now"

The duo danced slowly to the beat of the song, a gentle back-and-forth swish of their bodies synchronized with each other. Midoriya's ring twinkled in the lighting above them, and he pressed his head to Todoroki's chest, eyes rolling until slipping shut as he deserted the handhold to embrace a strong neck. Todoroki laced his fingers at the small of Midoriya's back, his head resting on top of the others, cheek pressed into the soft curls of green hair.

"So baby let's just turn down the lights
And close the door"

"Ooh I love that dress
But you won't need it anymore"

"Brb, I'm gonna go chug a cup of bleach," Sero announced quietly, but Mina locked him in place from behind, her arms wrapped around his torso keeping him grounded in place.

"Oh no you don't! We're about to join in!" She reminded him, forcing him to turn around. Sero groaned.

"I don't want to 'join in'!"

"C'mon, you'll do fine, babe, we practiced enough."

"No you won't need it no more
Let's just kiss 'til we're naked, baby
Versace on the floor..."

Sero and Mina joined in on the slow dance to their right, and so did Denki and Jirou on the other side, spinning in gradual, calculated circles around Todoroki and Midoriya.

"Katsuki?"

The blond looked down to where Eijirou was gazing up at him, cherry locks of hair framing his face and accentuating the warm, starry twinkle in the deep red pools of his eyes. His lips rubbed against each other apprehensively, and the blond instinctively reached to grace his thumb over the supple skin, the rest of his hand cupping the cusp of his chin. The sweet ballad of Bruno Mars serenaded a certain light fluffiness into Katsuki's chest, its tingling warm spreading like wildfire down to his body's extremities as he closed the breath of distance between their lips, and oh how he longed for a moment he could kiss him as sweetly as he did now, lips molded into each other, fingers tenderly scratching at the nape of his neck, more fingers entwined in a sea of red, chests pressed together.

He could almost feel his heart beating through his chest, though it could've easily been the steady bass of the song, or a lovely combination of both.

"Dance..."

Katsuki parted his lips from Eijirou's, eyes focused on where they were just a few seconds ago, his hands finding the small dip in the redhead's hips whilst Ei draped his other arm over his shoulder, fingers still tangled in ash blond spikes. The leather of the bracelet he wore on his wrist grazed the base of Katsuki's neck. Their bodies fell in sync with the music as they, too, joined in on the dance, foreheads pressed together, their hips swaying gracefully.

Katsuki closed his eyes fully, inhaling the scent of earthy amber mingling with his sugar and spice, manifesting a scent that reminded him of their bed back home and all the times they spent tangled between the sheets—play fighting, pillow talking, cuddling, "roughhousing"—all meager moments that he couldn't and wouldn't dare take for granted, though none of those compared to the immense sentiment of intimate peace he experienced whenever they lived a moment through their dancing, a song singing a ballad they couldn't properly express with their own words, a melody painting the atmosphere for them, a beat setting the tempo they'd pace at.

It was ironic, really. Katsuki despised such intimate dancing as a young boy, yet here he was indulging in it years later with some idiot redhead greatly named Eijirou Kirishima. A smile crept across his face as a huff washed through his nose. He was head over heels for this fucker, wasn't he?

The two slowed the motion of their hips to a stop as the song concluded, yet Katsuki was still on an emotional high, keeping his forehead pressed against Eijirou's as his eyes fluttered open and peered at the other's through thick lashes. He opened his mouth to say something, but the disembodied voice that cut through the silence wasn't his own.

"Iida, are you gettin' this?"

"Yeah, I think? Let me just—"

"Ah ah ah! If you move your thumb it'll stop recording!"

The group of idiots was gawking at them. He could see them all hunched together around Iida's phone out of the corner of his eye. They muttered amongst themselves, swiping extra hands away and arguing under their breaths. Mina noticed the couple staring at her and waved her hand. "Oh, don't mind us! Just pretend like we're not here and continue."

Katsuki narrowed his eyes at her, then rolled them over to the redhead.

"Were you in on this?"

The redhead stuttered. "E-Eh? This wasn't—I didn't tell them to—" He paused and let out an exasperated breath, the puff of air tickling the blond's face. "I mean, the slow dance was my idea, and I was gonna ask you if you wanted to—I didn't think you'd be so... so compliant to it."

Compliant? Oh, right. "Oi, didn't you say you'd dance with me any time?"

"I-I did?"

"You callin' me a fuckin' liar?"

"What? No! I—" Eijirou whined and sighed again. "I just wanted to make up for not being around as much. I know Christmas is usually our thing."

"Tch. Damn straight."

"I'm really sorry, Suki."

"Shut up and kiss already!" Mina called out. Katsuki rolled his eyes again. Ei stifled a laugh to which the blond directed a glare at him, mouthing, 'you owe me one'. Eijirou shrugged.

"Not my fault we have fans."

"You're the idiot who had us posted first."

"Hey! You're the one who sent that photo in the group chat!"

"And you're the one who sketched a bunch of pictures of me like a creep."

The blond snorted when Eijirou glared at him, and his hands went for the redhead's cheeks, squeezing them between his hands until he looked like a puffy, angry marshmallow. Cute.

"Do we owe these idiots a fan service or something?" Katsuki nodded his head to the anxious group of said idiots. Ei hummed.

"'Or something', yes," he admitted, his voice muffled. "I kinda made a bet that I could get you to shamelessly kiss me in front of them."

These damn idiots and their bets... "How much is at stake?"

"For them? A hundred-fifty yen, and for me my My Eyes Only Snapchat passcode."

My Eyes Only? Eijirou had a secret vault of shit he didn't want anyone to see? That shit was about to be for his eyes only. Katsuki grinned at him, a lopsided smug grin. "Give me access and a fourth of your winnings and it's a deal."

"Can't argue with that," grinned the redhead in return. "Deal."

Fanservice. Tuh. Katsuki didn't owe it to his idiot friends, but he'd be damned if shitty Deku and that Half 'n' Half bastard got all this attention because they just got engaged. Who cares if they got engaged? That shit was expected from their soft ass relationship, yet everyone hyped it up, even Eijirou, the traitor. Now, everyone was standing around waiting for him to show them up by kissing his boyfriend for a stupid bet, but at least he was getting some shit out of it—the passcode, a cut of yen, and the satisfaction of showing these bastards what a real kiss looked like, not that weak soft shit, pecking lips and shit.

The blond cupped Ei's chin with his left hand and let his right fall to the small of his back, pulling the smiling redhead into him and giving him a teasing peck on the lips. The two snickered at Denki's exaggerated groan and Mina's demand for more action, the sicko, but the blond gave it to them anyway, tugging Eiji's bottom lip down with his thumb, exposing the rosy pink flesh slick with spit. He snaked his tongue out, the path leading to the wet cave of his mouth blocked by a row of sharp teeth, which nibbled on the tip of his tongue and raked him into his own. It was a steamy display of tongue fencing and subtly breathy pants—a show, something to please the crowd cheering in the background—but who said the show would end there?

Eijirou has a nice ass. All those years of working out together paid the fuck off. It was round and firm, fit perfectly in the blond's large hands, made the most lascivious sound when the blond was ramming into him and boy did he want a piece of that cake right now. He kneaded his fingers into it and was rewarded with a sharp gasp from the redhead. Strong arms wrapped around his neck and pulled him down into a hasty kiss.

"Should we stop them?" Sero mumbled at Denki's side. The golden-blond chewed his thumbnail, his face twisted in growing discomfort at the frisky couple damn near sucking each others' faces off. Mina crunched on her popcorn loudly, her arm hooked around Iida's who still stood as stiff as a tree with a phone actively documenting every second in hand. Mina leaned over to look at the screen.

"Six minutes? Shit, usually they get to the good stuff faster than this," murmured Mina. Iida cleared his throat and used his free hand to push his glasses a couple of inches up the bridge of his nose.

"Midoriya, do something!" Iida hissed between gritted teeth. Mina rocked forward on her heels to peek at the green-haired boy and nearly choked on her popcorn. A giggle slipped through her lips at the boy's reddened face, and he sniffled something back into his nose—something just as deep a red as his burning cheeks. Oh, wait.

"Oh my God, Midoriya, is your nose bleeding?"

"B-bleeding?!"

"Todoroki, you're on fire!"

"Dude! You're gonna set the fire alarm off—"

BEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEP

"Gosh, Suki, you couldn't go easy on me this time around?" Eijirou groaned as he stretched out his back. Katsuki scoffed, wedging a pillow behind his neck as he took his phone off his charger.

"Shut up. You weren't complainin' when you were moaning and shit." The redhead pouted and groaned again. He felt as if he completed a strenuous full-body workout with the addition of having something fill his ass.

"Suki, I literally can't move."

Katsuki scoffed again. "Good. Now you can spend the rest of this stupid trip with me instead of hangin' around that Half 'n' Half bastard since his whole shitty proposal scheme is over and done with and you two can stop sharin' secrets and shit behind my back."

Eijirou blinked. "Katsuki, what?"

"I know you're hiding somethin' else from me, Eijirou," Katsuki rolled his eyes and tossed his phone aside bitterly. His chest puffed and he crossed his arms over it, signature scowl plastered on his face, his teeth gritted. "It pisses me off that you went to him of all people instead of me. We're dating, right? We're best friends, or whatever? Why did he get to know whatever this shit is before I did?"

The redhead sucked in a breath that was meant to be utilized for formulating words, but the one brain cell he thought he had borrowed was absent from his head. Instead, his mouth opened and closed like a fish gasping for air, and apparently, that's not the reaction the blond was going for, because he subsequently growled and turned away from him. Eijirou sighed and chewed his lip thoughtfully. He had a point, after all, and evidently, he didn't like keeping secrets, and maybe sharing said secret with Katsuki's rival wasn't the best idea in hindsight, but talking it out with Todoroki first is what gave him the confidence to want to talk about it at all.

No one else knows what happened. Not Mina, not Denki, not Sero nor Jirou nor Katsuki, and Katsuki was usually his go-to when something troubled his mind.

This secret, however, was one he found unbearable to discuss for a multitude of reasons—things were said and done that still hurt to this day, and even thinking about made the back of his eyes sting with tears. The redhead sucked in another deep breath. "I'm sorry, I just—I didn't want you to worry about me 'cause it's Christmas and all and... I didn't want to ruin it with my problems..."

"Your problems are my problems, moron, that's why it—" The blond froze at the mercy of a sniffle. He peered back over his shoulder, eyes widened whereas Eijirou's lips trembled as he swiped at his eyes. It was too late, though; his cheeks were already damp and the flow of tears wasn't planning on stopping any time soon. Katsuki sprung into action, flipping back over to cradle his boyfriend in his arms. "Shit, I'm sorry, please don't cry."

"I'm ruining the trip," cried the redhead.

"You're not ruinin' the trip."

"But Christmas is supposed to be a happy time and I made you mad at me 'cause I wasn't telling you anything and I wasn't thinking about how it made you feel and I—" His words grew more incoherent by the second, and somewhere in the midst of it, he started choking on his words and coughed into the palm of his hand. The blond shushed him, coaxing him to just relax and breath as he rubbed his back and nuzzled his chin into his mussed hair. Eijirou's body jerked as his chest heaved and he sucked in ragged breaths through his mouth. His teeth sunk into the tender flesh of his bottom lip, eyes squeezed shut in a poor attempt to block his flow of tears. Katsuki just sat there and held him, comforting him with a warm hand on his back. The motions soothed the redhead over time, his breathing, though still ragged, evening out into smaller jerky sniffles.

"Just be honest with me, Eiji," whispered the blond over a rather hard sniffle, "Is there something you're not tellin' me? Besides the engagement plans?"

"...Yes."

"Okay." He swallowed. No reason to get upset; this is progress. He kissed the top of his head, then sighed. "You can tell me whenever you're ready."

Silence.

At least for a moment before Ei, too, sighed, his shoulders relaxing. "Tomorrow. After the gift exchange..."

The clock read twelve something, Katsuki noticed, as a random text flashed on his phone's notification window. They were leaving this place tomorrow afternoon after exchanging gifts and shit since they had to do a quick rundown of the song they have to perform for some stupid senior citizen center, and God how he wished they could just skip tomorrow—skip all the singing and dancing, but Pikachu had already signed them up for the shit in the first place, and evidently it was too late for them—or Katsuki, rather—to back out now since part of the event would now be covered by the media in lieu of their appearances, though, mostly that of Ground Zero himself, seeing that he currently stood no. 2 on the hero rankings. He'd have to dress uncomfortably nice tomorrow, and maybe, if Mina got her hands on his wardrobe, wear a goddamn tie...

"Well, what do you want to do?" The question slipped from the blond's lips, his fingers languidly tracing circles on the upper muscles of his back. Ei let his sigh drawl out for a moment, the sound audibly stirring the silence between them before a soft grunt followed.

"Can we just stay here and talk for a while?" Katsuki gave his answer by easing them both down onto the bed making sure to keep the redhead pressed against his chest. Fingers already tangled in his colorful strands, his other hand passively continuing to swirl around his lower back, he pressed his lips to his forehead gingerly, letting them linger for a moment and taking it in all the same to inhale his scent—ingest it in his senses, entrance himself with it. Eijirou didn't start talking right away, so with his chin nuzzled on the top of his head, he filled the silence with gentle comments and questions that stirred a giggle or two out of him or encouraged him to respond with something of his own.

Katuski snorted internally; usually, it was the other way around with Eijirou doing all the yammering while he hung onto every and any word. What the redhead really asked him for was a distraction, something to take his mind away from all the possible depreciating thoughts racing through his subconscious. Katsuki didn't bother to point out the fact, though, instead obliging to his silent request and letting his voice be the ambient noise in the room aside from huffs and scoffs of laughter.

Time passed them by—most of their afternoon was spent in the confines of their room until a knock sounded on their door. The idiots wanted to go snowboarding. They went, of course; being outside was better than in. They grabbed their gear—boards, gloves, hats, goggles, scarves—and trekked towards the nearest ski lift. Katsuki ended up being stuck with Half 'n' Half, both their boyfriends nearly inseparable in conversation. Eijirou seemed happier, though, and that made the blond happier too, a half-grin tugging at the right corner of his lips as he stared ahead at the colorful duo in the lift a few meters ahead of him. He felt eyes boring into him from his side, and when he turned his head, Todoroki was staring at him with a content smile on his face, too. Katsuki immediately scowled and turned his head away from him, too focus on obscuring the burning of his cheeks to be tempted to snatch the smug bastard by the base of his ponytail and fling him off the lift.

Snowboarding was fun, though quickly turned into a competition of who could get down the mountainside fastest without killing themselves. Todoroki dropped out the moment Midoriya ("mysteriously") fell off his board, and Iida instinctively fell behind to aid them, leaving it just the BakuSquad racing down the slope. Denki and Ei were upfront, the former throwing witty taunts over his shoulder at third place Katsuki as the golden-blond weaved around trees and rocks with ease. If Katsuki was less concerned about causing an avalanche, he'd've been blasted ahead of those two and won this damn race easy, but he couldn't do that in this predicament—he guesses he had to play it fair, outwit them all. He glanced up at the broken path to his left and swiftly rode towards it, ignoring the shouts of warning coming from Sero behind him.

Shit. There were a lot more pines here than he expected. Suddenly, using his quirk didn't seem as risky now, but just as he went to unsheath his hand from its glove, a flash of  pink passed him on his left and he caught Mina's cheeky grin as she whipped ahead of his, ruffling up a powdery wave of snow in front of him in her wake. Katsuki growled, a feverish grin tugged his face, his teeth grit together, flakes of snow melting off his heated face. His friends sure knew how to rile him up during sports. The blond let out a laugh that to others would seem maniacal, the sound whisked away with the wind as he tailed Mina closely, his movements not a half-second off from hers. Their brief detour led them back onto the path were, predictably, they passed Eijirou and Denki.

Denki made his surprise audible, but Katsuki worried not about Pikachu; Mina was his next target.

There was a small ramp ahead of them. Mina had since passed it, but Katuski went straight for it, his hand going for the edge of his board as he defied gravity itself for a couple of seconds. He regained balance quickly as his board came in contact with the snow again and challenged Mina to take the next, not caring if Denki and Eijirou gained ground on him from his stunt. He could barely make out her scoff as she rippled toward the next, going the extra mile to tuck herself in and spin around midair with one hand attached to her board and the other flicking him off.

It was too late, she realized, to prevent the drag of time her trick took, screaming out as Katsuki took the lead. He was going to win! The end of the slope was right there! He could almost taste his victory, the cold wind whipping in his face stung his cheeks red, but his ferocious grin remained, teeth clattering together—that was until a billow of snow rippled passed him and the others, thoroughly coating him in a blanket of snow. His vision clouded. He stopped. He heard the others come to a stop beside him, though snow clogged the vision of his goggles. He tore them off his face and gasped with the rest of them.

Smoke emitted from the Iida's engine calves. When did he roll his pants up? Iida removed a hand from Todoroki's shoulder to clear the fogginess from his glasses. The dual-wielder folded his arms over his chest, eyes narrowed and vague twitch of his lips vaguely triumphant. Midoriya was the first to hop off the board, throwing his hands in the air. "Yay! We won!"

"W-what? That's no fair!" Denki sputtered. Mina stepped forward in protest, her gloved hand clenched in front of her as she angrily chimed, "Yeah! What kind of Mario Kart Bullet Bill bullshit was that!?"

Katsuki's eye twitched, his blood boiling over, ears ringing and tuning out his idiot friends as his mind boiled down three possible actions and rendered to him his options.

Bakugou has chosen to Act!
> Detonate
> Reason
> Compliance

Bakugou has chosen Compliance!

...

You don't have enough TP to use Compliance. What would you like to do?
> Detonate
> Reason

"You morons!" Katsuki snarled, stalking closer to the trio, "This is a snowboarding race, not bobsledding! You didn't fuckin' win shit!"

"It appears you're right, Bakugou; I was merely transporting Midoriya-san to safety in a timely manner since your cheap tactic cost him a sprained ankle," Iida stated matter-of-factly. Midoriya seemed to disagree.

"It's not sprained, Iida, I'm fine!"

"Regardless," Iida waved him off with a chop of his hand, "it's getting too dark to continue this activity. If we want to wake up on time tomorrow for the gift exchange before departing the chalet, we should take our leave now to make it back before—"

"Can it, Four-Eyes," Katsuki interjected, board already tucked under his pit as he wallowed past him. All he cared about was that he won, after all. The rest stalked after him as Iida shouted for them to stop and at least listen to the rest of the day's schedule, but in all honesty, who was going to stay back for a needless briefing?

Katsuki squinted at the brightness of his phone screen as he replied to Camie's text wishing him and Eijirou a merry Christmas. She sent a picture of her and Inasa and a couple of other people he figured went to her school all dressed up in festive clothing, though Camie wore a rather revealing red dress, her Santa hat tipped to the side and a drink raised to her smirking lips. The blond rolled his eyes, and hit send on his message that read, Cover up bitch. She replied in an instant with a laughing emoji, then another one containing actual words.

Camie 🙄
cmon show me the juice!! aren't u guys doing stuff?
12:14AM

His immediate reply was telling her to piss off (translation: mind your business), but he told her they all headed to bed after coming back from snowboarding in the mountains for a bit.

Camie 🙄
no pics?
12:14AM

No pics. Unless Pikachu managed to get some; they did have a whole two videos of him and Eijirou dancing and kissing and shit. He forwarded it to her and restlessly stared at his screen in anticipation. Read 12:15AM popped up under the two forwarded messages, and after a few minutes, a bubble popped up on the bottom left and indicated her typing. He cringed at her onslaught of emojis.

Camie 🙄
OMG CUTE? I swear yall are soooo #couplegoals omf ugh oof
12:15AM

Camie 🙄
oneeee more pls? then i let you be
12:15AM

The conversation was coming to an end. Great. She'd been pestering him since before midnight just after they wrapped things up (quite literally) in the living room, tucking their gifts underneath their decorated tree. Katsuki had on an ugly sweater—a shit brown crew neck with Rudolph's face on it. His nose lit up when he bopped it with his hand. It was an early present from Eijirou, who had a matching one with Claire on the face of it. Claire's boring ass nose didn't light up, but it shined black and brilliant in the glow of light. Katsuki struggled to find his face in the lack of light, but his eyes adjusted. He found his face in the viewfinder. Ei was already nuzzled against him, his hair down and sprawled across the blond's arm and pillow. Katsuki pressed capture, the forward-facing flash blinded him and he squinted. The squint was captured in the photo and so was the shine of the puddle of drool tracing back in a line to Eijirou's wide-open mouth.

Rudolph now has a darker brown spot on his forehead. Oh well.

He hit send, let Camie pester him with more emojis, told her to fuck off and enjoy her party. He tossed the phone aside and stared at the ceiling. It was officially tomorrow, Christmas Day. Their gift exchange was less than twelve hours away and so was the moment Ei would reveal to him what's been troubling him the past couple of days, though he had a vague idea what it would be about.

He questioned his old hag of a mother about why they were always so eager to have Ei over, to practically treat him like he was part of the family, another son. Mitsuki said nothing. Told him to ask the redhead himself.

Then, Eijirou spends damn near two days of their trip hanging out with Todoroki and using the engagement as a cover-up as to why he avoided alone time with the blond. Todoroki smiled at him on the lift, then gave Ei a reassuring hug before heading off to bed.

Katsuki wasn't much of a gossiper, but he was aware of Todoroki's situation when he and Midoriya first got together—idiot Deku told him long ago, confided in him about it. Now Eijirou was doing the same with Todoroki. The blond stopped himself from trekking deep into the thoughts of his mind. He was tired. His body ached. Eijirou was sleeping and he should follow suit. He hitched the blanket up to cover them both, rested his hand on the waist of the redhead, exhaled the troubles of his mind and inhaled lethargy.

He closed his eyes and slipped into oblivion.

_____________________

Notes: i got nothin, chief

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.7K 240 14
Bakugo and Kirishima, two best friends, two powerful heroes, have two common goals. One goal is to become a champion mankind will remember. The other...
31K 619 17
[Fan fiction] Its summer break and class 1-A just got done with their mission. Some students plan to stay in the dorms over the break, this includes...
228K 10.8K 61
Kirishima x Bakugou My Hero Academia Completed TW: ⚠️Strong Language-Offensive Language⚠️ ⚠️Homophobia⚠️ ⚠️Side Relationships⚠️ Cheerleading AU where...
1.2M 49K 45
A long, cute fanfic about our favourite bois Kirishima and Bakugou with lust, longing, love and a lot of smut thrown in. All characters are 16+ 2019...