One Dance

By strawdolls

Bakugou just wants to be the top hero. Kirishima just wants to dance. Kirishima and Bakugou had been pining o... More

1| Singled Out
2| Settled
3| Despacito
4| Viral
5| Resolve
A Smol Doodle
6| His Hand
7| First Base
8| Funday
9| Broken
10| A Helping Hand
11| Last Friday Night
12| A Present
13| Heart to Heart
14| Pillow Talk
15| Best Friends Forever
16| Swalla-la-la
17| Fright Fest
18| Killing Time
19| Taste
20| Equilibrium
21| Return
22| Favorites
23| First
25| Lodging: Day Two
26| Lodging: Day Three
27| Lodging: Day Four
28| Minutes 'til Midnight
29| Love Like You
Thank You! 💜

24| Lodging: Day One

1.1K 52 122
By strawdolls

Notes: The next three parts to this arc is utter crack and you'll see why soon fdxnh

___________________

Bags? Packed. Snacks? Stowed. Aux cord? Occupied. Weekend? Extended.

The BakuSquad planned in advance and managed to get both Christmas and Christmas Eve off, making their usual two day weekend extend to a longer four. It was a long ass trip, a nearly four-hour drive to Habuka, and Denki wasn't making it any easier with his shitty playlists. For the first hour, most of Katski's friends chatted through all the soft rock he wished he could soak up peacefully, then, Denki switched over to some Disney playlist, subjecting the blond to another hour of painfully awful singing and awkward dancing in his tight ass car.

The only enjoyable part was having Eijirou sit in his lap the entire time, his only option since a big ass duffel bag full of snacks occupied the middle space separating him and his boyfriend and Mina with hers. Jirou, the lucky bastard, rode comfortably in the front passenger seat, legs curled up beneath her, knees gracing the dashboard for support since she moved her seat up to assure space for Sero's lanky ass. Mina's weird ass sat sideways in his lap, her back leaning dangerously against the car door and her legs draping across his thighs. Denki loosely gripped the steering wheel, his hair toyed with by a certain redhead. Katsuki played with Eijirou's hair, too, naturally, twirling the crimson strands between his fingers, braiding back pieces even—anything to curb the immense boredom he felt. Long car rides were ass.

Denki let out a sudden loud groan, rolling his neck and stretching his palms across the top of the steering wheel. "Next year I'm sooo gonna invest in one of those fancy cars with TV screens all over the place. We could've been binging Stranger Things this whole time."

"True," Sero mumbled. Mina hummed and dropped her head to his shoulder. Her bottom lip puckered out slightly as her brows upturned.

"Can you switch the playlist?" Mina whined, "This shit's weird."

Denki gasped. "Weird? You dare tarnish the musical stylings of Toto Africa as weird?"

Suddenly, a loud click resonated through the car as the locks lifted up out of the doors. Denki peered at Sero in the rearview mirror and nodded towards the door. "Toss her."

"Don't do that!" Eijirou panicked, grabbing Mina by the ankle as Sero popped the door open ever so slightly. A chaotic bout of noise filled the car—Mina's panicked screams, Sero and Denki's maniacal laughter, and Eijirou's yelling for the door to be closed as his hands grabbed whatever part of her leg he could to pull her back in. Katsuki growled, his palms crackling as his anger bubbled in his throat.

"Close the fucking door you fucking morons! How fucking old are you?!" Katsuki roared, silencing everyone in the car (except for Toto, of course). Idiots! Damn all of them! Sero pulled the door close and mumbled an apology to Mina, who looked beyond displeased—if that word could even begin to describe the rage in her eyes. Denki bit his lips together and rumbled in silent amusement. Eijirou drawled a breath, relaxing into the angry blond. Katsuki didn't hesitate to tighten his arms around his torso, reeling in that earthy amber scent, irritated scowl still etched on his face.

Jirou's face matched his. "Denki, that wasn't funny."

"Aww, c'mon, Kyo—"

Jirou raised a hand to him. "No. Apologize."

Denki's shoulders slouched and he peeped Mina's hard glare in the rearview mirror. "Sorry," he mumbled. Mina puffed her cheeks and folded her arms over her chest.

"Let me pick the music!"

Denki obliged, freeing a hand from the steering wheel to pass her the phone connected to a long aux cord. Mina's energy redirected to the chipper grin on her face, her eyes wild as her fingers flew across the screen. She exaggerated her final finger tap, handing the golden blond back his phone as a deep moo sounded over a smooth beat. Sero muttered an 'oh God' just as Eijirou gasped, his back jerking off of the chest of Katsuki.

This stupid fucking song, his brain murmured whilst he growled on the outside. Mina couldn't have picked a worse song. He rolled his eyes to the scenery just beyond the glass separating him from the outside, but his attention to what passed by was made scare when he felt Eijirou begin to dance around in his lap, his lips moving to recite the lyrics. Katsuki caught a glimpse of Mina's devilish smirk out the corner of his eye, and it was then the blond had realized the trouble she stirred up for him.

He should've found it suspicious when she shoved him back into their room to switch his worn Crimson Riot hoodie for a thinner, shorter burnt orange one. He should've found it suspicious when the bright red waistband of his boxers suddenly came to view, peeking out from beneath his sweats. He should've found it suspicious when Ei's "winter crocs" magically transformed into chestnut coquette slides. Katsuki swallowed while Mina snickered under her breath.

This was blatant mutiny.

Then again, what could he do when he was stuck in a small ass car on a four hour trip with his boyfriend grinding on his lap?

Enjoy it, obviously, his brain stated matter-of-factly, so he did. He readjusted himself and rested his elbow on the duffel bag puffed with snacks, his eyes tracing the line of his spine down to that bright ass red waistband. Ei's lower back bent and flexed and swayed to the stupidly catchy song, and that stupid red band curved to follow the motion of his hips like a snake. Katsuki knew if he could see his face, he'd have that dumb, sexily smug grin etched across his face like he always did whenever he danced, but the blond had self-control.

The song soon ended, thankfully, and Eijirou relaxed against the back of Denki's seat as another smooth tune washed over them. The blond leaned forward into his ear and grumbled some things about making him pay for this later, Denki groaned about being able to hear his dirty talk, and Katsuki snapped about him being in the wrong damn place at the wrong damn time while Ei hid his reddened face from view.

The last hour and a half of their journey were on and off naps. Every time he opened and closed his eyes, they were in a new place and Eijirou was in a new sleeping position. First, it was him leaning against the door, then sideways with his head on the blond's shoulder. By the time Katsuki's third extended blink occurred, they were surrounded by snow-capped hilltops and Eijirou managed to completely curl up in his lap with the puffed up duffel bag as his pillow.

He nudged Eijirou awake, and the redhead perked up with a stream of drool trailing after him. The car rolled to a stop in front of the chalet they were going to be staying in for the next few days, and to his surprise, there was already another car parked outside. Katsuki cradled Eijirou's waist as the redhead yawned and rubbed his eyes, nuzzling his head in the crook of his neck while glaring at Denki in the rearview mirror. "You sure you got the right place?"

"Huh? Oh, yeah! I forgot to tell you that—"

Katsuki tuned him out when he saw an all too familiar dark green head of hair bound through the front door of the chalet, a freckled face waving at them frantically as he nearly tripped down the goddamn stairs only to be caught by a floor of ice. Katsuki grit his teeth. "You invited them?"

"Guys!" Midoriya waved again as he pushed himself off the ice Todoroki laid out to catch him in his fall. He rounded the car just as the BakuSquad exited the car and practically tackled Katsuki in a hug, much to the blond's chagrin.

"Get the fuck off of me, Deku!" Katsuki hissed as he struggled against Midoriya's grip. "Rivals don't fucking hug!"

"We're not rivals for the next four days!" Midoriya sang, in which the blond roared in return. Todoroki had finally caught up and joined Eijirou behind the car where he nonchalantly spectated the duo as he waited for Sero to unload his bag.

"Should we stop them?" Todoroki questioned, his heterochromatic eyes narrowing slightly in mild concern. Ei thanked Sero cheerfully before shrugging in response to the dual-quirk wielder's question.

"Nah, just let them get it out of their system. I don't think we've all hung out like this since graduation." Eijirou's eyes noted Todoroki's lengthy mane, its colors still symmetrically split between a pure snow white and a fiery crimson pulled back into a messy high ponytail. "Wow, Shouto, you grew your hair! Looks like we're long-hair buddies now!"

"Looks like you need to find the damn scissors, Half 'n' Half," Katsuki growled as he finally managed to wiggle out of Midoriya's grip. Todoroki turned towards the blond, his face stoic as ever as he craned his neck to the side.

"That's rich for someone who's shorter than Jojo Siwa," Todoroki retorted. Midoriya covered his mouth to stifle his laugh, though a giggle slipped out, which seemed to piss off Katsuki more than what Todoroki said. Deku laughing at him? Talk about adding insult to injury.

Ei stepped in front of Todoroki defensively whilst yelling—attempting to yell—over Katsuki's curse-riddled tirade, his palms crackling loudly. Midoriya panicked at his side, frantically waving his hands in front of him as he, too, attempted to calm the blond.

"Katsuki Bakugou, Izuku Midoriya, and Shouto Todoroki, please contain yourselves!" Iida's stern voice matched the hard frown on his face, the man momentarily blind as he was cleaning his glasses off on the soft fabric of the scarf that hung coiled around his neck. He slid the metal frames back on, adjusting them on his face and directing his gaze to the three he addressed, those three now frozen in place. "You're disturbing the peace of the others who're staying nearby! Have you no sense of courtesy? You haven't even unpacked yet, especially you, Midoriya!"

Katsuki growled in return, shooting a glare at Denki. "You invited fuckin' Four-Eyes, too?"

"Pastor Iida!" Denki and Mina cheered, completely disregarding Katsuki's sour tone. Iida pinched the bridge of his nose from where he stood on the patio.

"For the last time, quit calling me that!" Iida bellowed, a hand chipping the air awkwardly, "It's disrespectful to those who deeply celebrate the Catholic faith!"

The whole unpacking process was filled with needless bickering from then on out, but after a couple of hours of being stuck in the same space (and directly after Katsuki made Eijirou pay for what happened during their trip), the crew settled down on the lengthy sectional couch that lined the large windows that gave view to the hills surrounding them. Iida dictated the votes for tonight's Netflix binge whilst Ei and Todoroki prepped the group's drinks in the kitchen—hot cocoa for Mina, Denki, and Eijirou himself, and mostly tea for everyone else.

Todoroki settled the drinks on a tray, eyeing it suspiciously as if he was internally debating on poisoning Katsuki or not. Eijirou glanced over to where the blond was fighting to keep an ample amount of space between himself and Midoriya, who kept scooting over to prod at him about the details of his relationship with Eijirou (Denki supplied most of the answers, of course). Ei glanced back at Todoroki again and nudged him, gesturing over to Midoriya when heterochromatic eyes settled into him. "You've been dating for years now, right? How did Endeavor react to you comin' out?"

Todoroki's brows rose as he hummed, leaning against the edge of the counter as he gazed down at Katsuki's peppermint tea. "He didn't take it well at first, in all honesty."

"Oh?"

Todoroki trained his eyes on his boyfriend, watching intently as the green-haired boy dodged a tiny explosion set off by the blond, Iida subsequently yelling at the two to stop their fighting. "He threatened to have Izuku blacklisted to make his debut as a hero more difficult... but then when Endeavor... I mean, my father, had his intervention, he eventually became more accepting to my sexuality, and subsequently my relationship to Izuku..."

Todoroki's eyes fell to Katsuki's tea again, and Eijirou grew mildly concerned over the future of his own boyfriend's life, but the thought of possible poisoning was erased when Todoroki looked him in his eyes instead, his expression showing one of solicitude. "How did yours react to Bakugou?"

The question caught Eijirou off guard, and the redhead stuttered, struggling to piece together a cohesive answer. They reacted alright. Before he could give him a proper answer, though, Katsuki called for their attention from where he sat just as Iida relaxed on the couch besides Midoriya.

"Oi, are you gonna stand there and chat with Half 'n' Half all night? I swear if he's trying to—"

"Calm down, we're coming." Todoroki interrupted, grabbing the tray. He brushed passed Eijirou, but paused a few inches away from his back, mumbling, "The least you can do is let him know what's going on, Kirishima. I know he sees you as his light, so don't purposely keep him in the dark."

Eijirou turned to watch his retreating back, bewildered. Todoroki handed off Midoriya his tea as well as Katsuki's, throwing in some quip about his current level of patience to which the blond cursed him out. The rest of the crew chattered over the beginning scene preceding the title scene, and as soon as a rather interesting event occurred on-screen, they all fell silent as the theme song Stranger Things cut through the now soundless room. Katsuki's crimson irises bore at the screen, his lips parted slightly against the rim of his cup. Denki shuffled next to him, bringing him out of his trance momentarily to shoot him a glare, but before his eyes wandered back to the screen, they found Eijirou still standing dumbfoundedly at the kitchen counter, tray in hand, but unmoving.

Usually, the blond would comment on this with some half-hearted insult more-so meant to get Ei going rather than actually hurt his feelings, but Eijirou must've been wearing his feelings on his face at the moment, because all he got from his boyfriend was a look of disquietness—his gaze softening, frown unraveling, and jutted jaw loose. Eijirou cleared his throat, quickly averting his own gaze to the tray of hot drinks he had yet to bring over. Swallowing everything down, he smiled warmly, picked up the tray, and carried it over to join the rest of his friends on the couch.

___________________

Notes: we've finalized our moving date! I'll be moving the last week of June, so I'll have to get rid of my wifi the week before that. I might not be able to update for a bit and it sucks cause we're so close to the end :/ but I'll be back to finish this up next month <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

42K 1.3K 17
ProHero Dynamight was too old for school crushes. In his years studying, he never really looked away from his goal to be the number one hero in the...
228K 10.8K 61
Kirishima x Bakugou My Hero Academia Completed TW: ⚠️Strong Language-Offensive Language⚠️ ⚠️Homophobia⚠️ ⚠️Side Relationships⚠️ Cheerleading AU where...
87.1K 2.9K 19
K y'all this is probably gonna be angsty and I don't really have a plan for it but I'm trying to get back into writing so hopefully it works out- it'...
16.2K 957 6
Kirishima is hit by a quirk that leaves him fully aware, but completely unable to move. His friends make it a little bit better. (Note: I originally...