Ride or die

By brujitaa17

Taking a turn on favorite ship Stella Kidd and Kelly Severide. From the moment they first meet...or so. More

Part 1 : Where it all started
Part 2: Firehouse 51
Part 3: Knowing her
Part 4 : Severide
Part 5:
Part 6
Part 7 : the kiss
Part 8
Part 9
Part 10: The Date
Part 11
Part 12 : love
Part 13
Part 14
Part 15
Part 16
Part 17
Part 18
Part 19
Part 20
Part 21
Part 23 : The party
Part 24 : the baby
Part 25 : Olivia Leslie Severide
Part 26 :
Part 27
Part 28 : Back to work
Part 29 : Just a scare
Part 30
Part 31 : Disagreement
Part 32 : An accident
Part 33 : Clearer
Part 34 : Stab
Last part : Mr and Mrs Severide

Part 22 : A Change

2.4K 24 2
By brujitaa17

Part 22 :

On his way to a get his shoulder checked, Severide received a call. Casey needed him for something, so he decided to cancel his appointment. And lied to Casey saying he didn't have anything to do.

Meanwhile Stella was at home, so she decided to check in every single places if she could find any pain killers. And what she found she threw them away.
______________________
After the whole morning out Severide came back home in the afternoon.

"Stella!" He then saw her on the couch. So he bent over and gave her a kiss.

He then sat next to her, and started rubbing her little belly.

"How are both of you doing?" He smiled.

"Good, what about you? What about your shoulder?" She asked concerned, she knew him and she felt like something was off.

"I'm good, I was helping Casey this morning." He answered without looking her in the eye, he was avoiding it. So he kept focusing on her belly.

"Kelly! Look at me" she put his chin up and looked at him concerned. "Weren't you supposed to go get your shoulder checked? You had an appointment and everything"

"Yes but Casey really needed me, so I went and helped him. Plus it's not like I don't have all the time in the world to go see the doctor" he said smiling.

He wasn't paying Stella much attention.

"Kelly!" She said again but angrier "This is not a joke, your job depends on it! I have a question"

So he looked at her, those blue eyes certain times had a way to make her forget things but this time. She knew he took those pills again, so she needed to go check his car.

"You still have pain killers?" Her face was serious.

"Yes but I'm not stupid" and he laughed nervously.

So Stella got up, took his car keys he had left on the kitchen counter, and went outside. She opened the glove box, and she found what she was looking for.

Severide followed her outside.

"What are you doing?" He asked confused.

"Getting rid of all this stuff"

She passed straight in front of Kelly, and went to the bathroom. So he followed her there too. She dumped all the pills in the toilet.

"No are you crazy!" He grabbed her arm to try and stop her but it was too late.

"You're hurting me Kelly" she told him.

And it's true his grip was too tight around her arm, but he didn't even realize.

"Sorry" he let her go.

She let out a sigh of frustration. Then she let herself slide onto the bathroom floor. She sure wasn't the one to easily cry, but this time she was.

"I don't know what to do, you need help. I mean do you want help, I just I want to help you but I..I don't know" what she was saying was all over place.

She then she started to make no sense. Kelly sat on the floor to get her to calm down. But it's like she was having an anxiety attack.

"Hey Stella look at me, breath in" and so he breathed with her and then said "now breath out" and did the same again.

He kept repeating the same thing over and over until he got her to breath normally. He checked her pulse to see if it was back to normal rhythm.

"You really scared me, do you want something to drink?" He asked her still concerned, he was observing her still with tears running down her cheeks.

"No I'm good!"

So he took her hands and said "I don't want you to stress for me, I felt terrible seeing you like this. Don't try and find a solution for me, I can't possibly put that responsibility on your back" he wiped her tears and then added "I know what you went trough with Grant, and I don't want to be that kind of man in your life. So i'll have Gabby come keep you company while I get myself together somewhere"

"But, things are tougher when you are alone. Are you sure?" She asked because no matter what, she always wanted to make sure Severide was okay.

"Yes I'm ready! All I want you to do is feel at peace, take care of our little baby. I don't want you to stress at all for me"

He then gave her a kiss on the forehead and helped her get up. He went in the room and made up a bag with some clothes in it.

The fact that he saw Stella like this made him realize he needed to do something before loosing both of the most important people in his life.
_____________________
Later that day Severide went to Casey's house. He was about to ask for a big favor, hoping Gabby and Casey would be okay with it.

"Kelly!" Gabby said surprised to see him. "Come in"

He came and sat.

"So I have a favor to ask" he said a little shy.

"Shoot!" Casey said all ears.

"I've been having problems with my shoulder, and taking way too many pills. But I've stressed Stella enough about all this, so I was wondering if I could stay with you guys for a while?" He asked.

"You know that Dawson is no joke"

"Kelly already know me babe, he knows I'm already mad at the fact that he made Stella go through this pregnant. Like what were you thinking?"

"I don't know, I guess I wasn't but today she had a sort of panic attack. She really scared and I decided I couldn't do this to her" he explained.

"A panic attack, Kelly! Is she okay, after her being in the hospital wasn't enough for you. You know damn well know any low blood pressure or just stress could be dangerous for her or the baby" Dawson was going in on him.

"I know Dawson, that's why I'm here. There's no need to yell at me"

"Yes there's a need because that shoulder should have been checked long ago." She let out a sigh then said "but of course you can say"

"Also I would like to know if you could go spend some time with her, and maybe Brett too! While I get myself together and be better for her" he asked again.

"That I'll be glad to do, and it still shocks me to see you like that. You Severide in a relationship and about to have a baby" she said amazed "you know both Stella and you are my best friends, promise me you'll take good care of her" she said super serious.

"I promise Gabby".
_______________________
The decided to take turns, between Gabby and Brett to spend time with Stella and make sure she was okay at all times.

She wasn't going back to work just yet, Boden sure wouldn't allow it. But as the week were passing by Stella was getting bored.

"Stella could you stay still for one minute!" Sylvie said from the sofa. "The dishes don't need to be done".

It had been two months, Severide was still at Gabby and Matt's place. The doctor already gave him clearance to go back to work. And he was ready to work again but more so he was ready to come back to Stella.

Sure he had been checking on her but he didn't want to see her until he knew he was ready to.

Stella was missing him and he was missing her.

"Well I need to do something or else i'll go crazy" she said still scrubbing.

Gabby got up and stopped her "can you come and sit, this can stay in the sink for now"

"Exactly" Sylvie then added "plus we have to go to your doctor appointment, see how is your blood pressure and your baby" She smiled, she was happy to be able to go with Stella.

"And maybe today this little baby of yours let us see whether its a she or he" Gabby said even happier than Brett. "So now put that down, and come relax before we go"

After a good convincing she finally sat down. The girls could see she was thinking, she was looking straight ahead rubbing her hands on her belly.

"Stella!"

"Uh" Sylvie got her out if her thoughts "what? What is it?" She asked.

"We had a proposition to make to you, well it's more like somewhere we want to invite you!" Sylvie explained with a huge smile on her face.

"Tell me what is it, where can I possibly go this pregnant" she laughed.

"Well to your own baby shower!" Both of the girls said.

"Oh no I said I didn't need or wanted any, can you guys please not" she said begging "I actually just want to see Severide"

"Aww I'm sure you will see him soon just be patient" gabby told her to reassure her.

"But how is he, he tells me on the phone but I need to see his face to know for sure and..."

But Gabby stopped from wondering too much about Kelly "he is okay!" And she smiled.

After a while of waiting and talking pretty much about the baby shower, the girls left for the doctors appointment.

Stella was getting her ultrasound done. And they actually all super excited about it.

"Seems like your baby is finally ready to let us know if it's a girl or a boy"

"Really?" She was happy "oh my god"

"Which one of this two ladies will receive the envelope revealing the gender?"

"That will be me!" Gabby said proudly.

They then left, envelope in hand. Ready to have a great baby shower ready for Stella and Kelly.

"You better hide that envelope from me before I snatch it" Stella joked.

"Oh girl I'll fight you before you get that envelope" and all three of them laughed.
_______________________
Back at Casey and Gabby apartment, Severide was coming back from a trip he took to the jewelry shop.

"Hey what you got there?" Casey asked curious.

"Something!" He kept smiling about it.

Kelly was feeling great, his shoulder was amazing. And he knew he was about to go back to Stella in a few.

"Come on tell me! Oh and while I'm thinking about it, don't forget Brett and Gabby are planning your baby shower in about 2-3 days!" He told him then asked again "so what is it you have there?"

"Oh yes Stella had an appointment today, I can't wait to see her then" he said happy.

"You aren't going back already? Why?"

"Because I have a double surprise for her!" He said again avoiding telling Casey about what he just bought.

But Casey had already caught on.

"No! Are you going to..." he was happily surprised.

"Yes I am! Stella has literally changed my life, so of course I'm going to propose."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10.5K 208 13
Kelly and Stella navigate their lives as firefighters in the CFD. Juggling the balance between being co-workers and a married couple when something u...
4.7K 219 9
Stella Kidd, left Chicago ten years ago, with big dreams, leaving everyone she loves behind her. After a few years of hardship she decides to go back...
19.8K 615 25
Stella Kidd is 30 and unmarried, something that is unheard of in her family. So, she hires Kelly Severide, a male escort to take her to her sister's...
7.2K 145 15
It all started when Stella Kidd first joined firehouse 51. She got a little crush on Squad 3's lieutenant Kelly Severide. After few months of Stella...