Love After the Streets

By _jasthewriter

You can take the man out the hood, but you can't take the hood out the man. Every time we're trying to do bet... More

1.) Welcome Back
2.) Withdrawal
3.) Yearning
4.) Lovers lane
5.)
6.) The Meeting
7.) Enjoy The Ride
8.) Don
9.) Dirty Delta
10.) Almost
11.) Walking Dead?
12.) Meet Again
13.) Take It Slow
14.) Memory what?
15.) Breathe Again
16.) Best Friend
17.) And so it begins
18.) San man
19.)
20.) Be Love
21.) Letting it out pt.1
22.) Letting it out pt.2
23.) War Pretest
24.) Little detailed
26.) OGs?
27.) What's tea?
28.) Invites
29.) Special Delivery
30.) Week 1
31.)
32.) Skylar
33.)
34.) Flashback...
35.)
36.)
37.)
38.)
39.)
40.)
Chapter 41.)
Chapter 42.)
Chapter 43.) August...
Chapter 44.) Many years ago
Chapter 45.) August 1993
Chapter 46.) Dive a Little Deeper

25.)

2.7K 145 117
By _jasthewriter

Fulton County Jail

"Where's the girls?" Nell asked storming into the jailhouse.

"Apparently, the workers don't know." Jenna replied then shook her head. "What you mean they don't know?" Lil Nate asked.

"Exactly that, said they don't know." Chandra spoke, "Their asses know." He replied making his way towards the front with August them following behind him.

"I meant to ask if he ever went to school for law?" Nate Sr asked as he sat next to Jenna.

"He sure did, went for business as well so you know he's about to read their asses." She announced and they shared a laugh.

"Y'all know I don't fuck wit da opps, I'll be out front." Gunna said and Jenna nodded understanding.

Since a kid Gunna hated the police and what happened to Rodney King only made him hate them more.

"You think they'll try to book them?" Chandra asked looking over at Jenna.

"They'll try but I'm sure August them are cool with someone higher up." Jenna answered and Chandra nodded.

"More like got some dirt on they asses." Nate spoke and Jenna laughed nodding.

"I wasn't trying to be mean about it." She replied and he chuckled.

"Sometimes you gotta speak yo truth."

**

6 am

"What in da hell were thinking?" August asked once they got inside the truck.

"We not gon' sit here and act like da bitch wasn't asking for it." Trina replied and Nell gave her a warning look.

"What did I tell you before? Leave dat bitch alone she not even remotely close to being on either of y'alls level." He fussed and Q kissed his teeth.

"Well if my bitches wanted to beat some ass I was rolling regardless."

"Why?" August asked looking over at him.

"What you mean "Why?" they damn near like sisters to me and if a bitch got a pro'lem wit dem they got a pro'lem wit me." He replied.

Nodding, August looked at Sky and she looked down at her now broken nails.

"You know better." Was all he said before he focused on the road.

"How we know she ain't what da hell Pedro was up to?" Trina asked.

"That's da thing, we don't know who da fuck knew about his shady business. They act like they barely liked the boy, why you think he was rolling with da niggas dat took OG?" Nell fussed and she rolled her eyes.

"I am so tired of y'all acting off of emotions, now we got da fucking opps on our asses because y'all couldn't just sit pretty and let shit hit the fan."

"I ain't being mute for no one." Sky spoke and August hit the brakes almost causing big Nate them to crash into the back of them.

"Yo ass gon' learn today got damn it."

"Oh shit." Q mumbled looking out the window.

"Don't even start with me August." She stated and he put the car in park and turned in the seat.

"Nah, since you want to keep dis petty shit going we gon' start and I'ma finish it." He spoke, Trina looked at Skylar telling her to chill and Nell tapped August shaking his head.

"Work dat shit out at home, we don't need to know." He told him, shaking his head August turned back around and put the car back in drive.

The was filled with awkward silence.

He knew that them thinking Pedro could have informed Valentina about things was just an excuse because Sky had been wanting a reason to put her hands on Valentina for some time now.

Them catching Pedro was just the icing on top the cake for her to do what she's been wanting to do.

AUGUST
2 that afternoon

"Still not talking to Sky?" Nell asked August once he walked into Nate Jr's man cave.

"Nope, she be aight. She don't think shit through all da time." He stressed as he slapped hands with Nate.

"She's a hot head Aug, being in dis type of business will change some people. If she felt like Valentina may have been in cahoots wit bitch bwoy somehow den jus trust her on her intention of things." Nate told him as he handed Nell the box with his weed inside.

"Nah she's been wanting to get at da broad, she was trying to run down on her just a few days ago. Sky got you fooled not me." August replied as he leaned into the cushion.

"You mad at her for potentially beating da brakes off of a possible threat, but we just sat up in a warehouse and killed four niggas who gave us no information?"

"Ain't da point." August said and Nell chuckled.

"Stubborn as hell bruh, for all we know shorty prolly won't try shit now dat she got dat ass whooping." Nate spoke.

"Nah dat would give her and even more reason to try some shit as a get back."

"Paranoia, number one downfall of dis lifestyle. Believing everyone who dislikes you, wants to kill you. Yo ass just paranoid." He told him and August chuckled.

"Never paranoid, stop being dat a long time ago woe." August replied.

"Long as you believe dat." Nate said as he cut the tv on.

Nell was just sitting there breaking the weed down and nodding the whole time.

"What we doing about Pedro ass?" Nell asked as he rolled the blunt.

"Use his ass as a pawn until we can figure out who da hell ordered dat kidnapping." August replied as he look at the tv.

"Only problem we gotta nip in da bud is da opps."

"I took care of dat eight dis morning." Nate assured. "What you mean?" They both asked.

"I talked to da chief, of course I had to do some digging into his past first in order for him to sign a contract stating dat they were to turn a blind eye to anything involving us as long as he received a lil monthly payment of eight grand." He informed, August and Nell shared a look then nodded impressed.

"Sound like da shit we used to do out in Nola." Nell spoke and he and August shared a laugh.

"Gotta leave a mark everywhere we go." August stated and Nate chuckled.

"Legally they didn't have a right to lock Sky dem up without proper probable cause and evidence." Nate informed.

"Most newbies don't give a damn about dat though, all they need is a reason or hear say." August reminded.

"Yeah, dat is true." Nate replied.

"Where you learn dis from? Because our asses had to buy some law books and take a few online courses just so we could work our way around dem muhfuckers." Nell asked and Nate laughed.

"I studied it at da university up in New York, I just wanted to be able to call opps out on their shit and also rub it in their faces dat I knew shit they would assume I didn't."

"Oh so you one of dem smart, petty criminals?" August asked and they all laughed.

"Ain't dat what most of dem are though? Except da shit gets overlooked because they got a badge and uniform. Without dat badge and uniform they ain't shit." He told them and they agreed.

"Badge or no badge, they still da same in my eyes and bleed just like me." August stated.

"I see no lies."

**

JENNA'S PLACE

"Uncle Nate?" Bre called walking into the living room with her writing book. "Wassup lil B?" He answered sitting her on his leg.

"Sissy said I have to write a sentence, what does this say?" She asked and Jenna smiled getting up to check on the clothes in the dryer.

"Let me see what you think it says first." He spoke and she used her finger as she read.

"The cat j-jumped over..." pausing, she frowned not being able to sound out the next word.

"Da chair." Nate spoke and she smiled.

"To... get."

"Da yarn." He spoke.

"Now yuh say it." He encouraged, "The cat jumped over the chair... to get the yarn?"

Smiling, he gave her a high five.

"Can you help me write it?" She asked holding up her pencil.

"Yuh wanna do it at da table?" He asked. "Yeah." She answered hopping down from his lap, skipping towards the dining area, he chuckled following behind her.

It still felt surreal to him that he was actually here and had a big family to come home to.

"Yuh gotta trace da dotted line ok?" He told her and she nodded swinging her feet as she hummed.

Watching her, he helped her whenever she asked for it.

"What y'all doing?" Jenna asked sitting down on the sofa as she placed the clothes down.

"Uncle Nate is helping me write sentences!" Bre beamed and Nate smiled.

"Is Uncle Nate your friend?" Jenna asked and Bre nodded smiling.

"Mhm, like a superhero." She spoke and Nate smiled. "Superhero huh?" He asked and she laughed.

"Yup, my superhero." She replied as she focused on her work.

Jenna looked over at Nate and smiled.

"Uncle Nate?" She called as she traced the sentence over for the third time.

"Wassup lil B?"

"Did it hurt when you died? She asked looking at him.

"I wasn't... a little." He answered a little unsure of telling her certain stuff.

"The bad guys hurt you?" She asked and he stared at her for a moment.

"What's da next sentence?" He asked changing the subject.

"Uh..." She said flipping the page.

It's me!" She beamed and he chuckled looking down at it seeing that Skylar had wrote the sentence.

"What does it say?"

"I.. am Briel... I am bea... beauti.. beautiful!" She chimed and Nate nodded smiling.

"Go ahead and write it out." He told her as he opened the cookie jar and took out a few oatmeal raisins.

"Are you and Gunna supposed to go and get some stuff for you tomorrow?" Jenna asked as she folded the clothes.

"Yeah, I don't think I can fit all of mi old stuff." He answered and she laughed agreeing.

"They were cute on you when we were younger." She spoke and he chuckled.

"I'm surprised yuh kept mi stuff." He said as he gave Bre a cookie and she thanked him.

"You should've known I wouldn't." She replied.

"Wasn't ready to let go huh?" He asked, shaking her head she looked down at her ring.

"Couldn't do it." She replied softly, he was about to say something until the guard walked inside.

"There's a Gabby and Ramel here." He announced looking at Nate then Jenna.

"She's family." Jenna assured, if it were up to her she wouldn't have guards patrolling her house but Nate insisted since she didn't want to move.

Nodding, he went to walk out but Nate called his name.

"What's up boss man?"

"Do yuh want me to give you photos of everyone in da fam?" He asked.

"That would actually help, no disrespect boss man but sometimes names are hard to remember if I can't put a face to da name." He revealed and Nate nodded understanding.

"I'll have it ready for yuh tonight." He assured, Bre hopped down from her seat and walked over towards him.

"Hi Blue." She greeted shyly, chuckling, he squatted down and held his fist out.

Bumping her with his, she smiled.

"What are you up to today?" He asked, "Uncle Nate and me are writing sentences because sissy says if I want to be a teacher I have to know how to read and write." She told him then frowned.

"You don't like reading?" He asked and she shook her head.

"It's boring." She tried to whisper but Nate and Jenna heard her and laughed.

"Why is it boring?" Nate asked, "It's a lot of work Uncle Nate... I just want to play with my toys and watch tv." She spoke as if she was a struggling twenty year old college student and they laughed shaking their heads.

"How about this?" Blue spoke reaching into his pocket and pulled out his wallet.

"I'll give you ten dollars every time you learn two new big words?"

Smiling, she accepted the money from him.

"What do you say Bre?" Jenna asked.

"Thank you!" She beamed running back into the dining area.

Laughing, Blue stood up and gave a nod towards Nate before leaving out to go get Gabby and Ramel.

"It's a shame we have to bribe kids nowadays." Nate spoke as he went and grabbed the empty cookie jar to put Bre's money inside.

"If it encourages them to learn, I'll take it." Jenna replied.

"I'm starting to miss da old school."

*
*
*

How we feel?

Thoughts?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

102 3 7
""what you don't now won't kill ya right???""He says with a face thatk suggests to mind my business.~~ " I didn't ask to be here I was brought here t...
52.6M 2.2M 200
"I was broken. Nothing, no one could fix me. Until you came into my life again. I wish I had gone with you that day instead of him. Because, now I ca...
869K 32.7K 103
It's 'Killed or be Killed' and living in New Orleans, you start to live by the 'Survival of The Fittest' mentality. Everyone's trying to make it and...
138K 7.1K 24
"Let's talk about the word "deserve" Or talk 'bout the world deserves: a queen (You queen) Let's talk about that four letter word: love. I think you...