Changling Families

By LittleLadyBaker

What if Strickler had been there the whole time? What of Jim's dad left and he was a baby? What if Walt mar... More

The Changlings in Her Life
Chapter 2: Jim
Young Atlas
Chapter 4: Domzalski
The Music Teacher
Scaarbach
A Fary in Trollmarket
The Trollhunter's Secret
Love is Strange
Three Little Birds
Betrayal
Redemption
Family
Merlin's Crime
The Eternal Night

Trouble

386 7 7
By LittleLadyBaker

Bular starred at her 

"Sweet Bun?"  Bagdwella's voice cracked.

"Pregnant. Is...Is it mine?(1)

Bagdwella chuckled, "Of course it is! I-I know that now isnt a great time but-"

"When would be?" Bular smiled and pressed his nose to hers, "This just means I'll have to  get away sooner. How far along are you?"

"About two months. Maybe a little more," Bagdwella wrapped here arms  around his neck, "I wanted to tell you sooner but your sister had just arrived and I was just so scared!"

Bular kisssed her gently,  "It's alright,  Dwelly. I  understand. Gunra terrifies me too."

He lowered his head  to her lap and pressed his nose against here belly, "Hello, Little One. I'm-I'm your daddy."(2)

Bagdwella stroked his black hair and chuckled, "Sweet Bun, the whelp's about the size of  a nut."

"I know," Bular looked up at her, "I Just can't believe it. We're going to be parents!"

"We're going to be parents."

Bular sat up, "So was that a yes?"

Bagdwella laughed, "Yes! Yes! I'll marry you!"

Bular kissed her again.

Neither of them was going to mention just how terrified they were. Though she  had had to tell Barbara already because it had  been Barbara who had given her the pregnancy test, Bagdwella still had to  tell Lenora and the rest of the family. That, coupled with the ever looming threat of  Gunra.

*LLB*

"Alright, Dwella," Lenora sat on the table, "What do you want to talk to me about?"

"I'm going to tell you who he is. BUT, first, you have  too promise  not to say anything until I'm done speaking because  I need your help."

Lenora lifter her eyebrow, "Dwella?"

"Please, Lenora?"

"Alrigh. Alright. Who is he?"

"Bular the Black."

Lenora gasped  and slamed her hand over her mouth. She closed her eyes and shook her head. She motioned for Bagdwella to continue.

"He didn't kill Kanjigar. He...He'ss  been trying to leave the Gumm-Gumms for little over a year. He had almost managed to but then Gunra arived.  He has  asked me to bring the Trollhunter when we meet next so he can ask for his help to leave. I need you to help me ask your broother-in-law."

Lenora lowered her hand, "Dwella, I  love you. You're  my best friend.. I trust you with my life and with the lives of my children. But, um, ARE YOU INSANE!? We are talking about THE Bular the Black! How can you bee sure wee can trust him?"

Bagdwella had been expecting Lenora's question.. She opened the fallsee bottom of here cabinet and took out  the colorless, transparent chrystal.

"This is an Esrituv Stone. It detects lies! I'm actually lucky to have it  because I was suposed to  send it to Sagdwella the day Kanjigar fell. I used it on Bular instead."(3)

Lenora sighed, "I'm sorry, Bagdwella. I should have known better than to doubt you. I'll talk to Otto and Walt for you."

"No need, Lenora," The Trollhunter and his brother entered the keep, "I was just on  my way over."

Fear gripped Bagdwella''s heart. What had he heard? Had it been enough for him to understand?

Walt smiled, "I should have know it was you."

"What?"

Walt laughed, "Bagdwella, I work in close contact  with Bular. He's know me for hundreds of years. He told me he was seeing someone from Trollmarket. He said he knew that if the Gumm-Gumms returned all of Trollmarket would be destroyed. I  told him he would have to chose between his father andd his love. I  guess I have my answer."

Bagdwella offered him a shaky smile. Walt hugged her.

"Now, lets give your love a little surprise."

Bagdwella hugged him back, "Thank you, Trollhunter."

"Hey, there are advantages to being best friends  with the Trollhunter's wife, his sister-in-law, AND the god-mother of his son."(4)

"Speaking of  vvich," Otto spoke up, "Congratulations!"

"What?" Lenora turned to Bagdwella and Walt leaned out of the hug.

Bagdwella looked at Otto in terror.

"Oh!" Otto looked equally terrified, "You haven't told-Es tut mir Leid, Bagdvvella!"

"You ar not!" Lenora gasped.

"Oh, that just complicated things."

*LLB*

Bular crept into the drive-in as vigilant as ever that his sister  may have have  followed him.

"Dwelly? Are you here?"

"Over here, Sweet Bun!"

Bagdwella ran over and wrapped her arms around his neck, stealing a quick kiss. Bular kissed her  back.

"And 'Hello' to you too, Little One," Bular said, nuzzling Bagdwella's  belly. 

Bagdwella giggled. Suddenly, Bular pushed his betrothed behind him.

"Stricklander! What are you doing here?"

"Dwella said you wanted to talk to me,"  the changling smerked.

Bular'sis  eyes grew wide, "That's why  you asked if I made my choice!"

"It is," Walter confirmed, "And now I have my answer. You  know, if you had told me from  the start that Bagdwella  was who you were seeing, I would have just told you I'm the Trollhunter."

"I already got an earful from Barbara and Lenora," Bagdwella whispered to Bular, "Your turn."

Bular sat on the ground and Bagdwella  settled  herself in his lap. Stricklander sat, cross legged, on the roof of  a car.

"Can you help us?" Bular finally asked.

"I'm going to try. But this isn't going to be easy. Vendal alone will be hard to convince.  We'll problebly have  to contend with the entire Tribunal."

"We could  use the Esrituv Stone," Bagdwella offered.

Walt nodded, "I was going to ask. But that's  not our only problem.  Bular, technically,  has no clan to speak for him now. I will try to convince them that former Gumm-Gumms may claim Bular as our clansman but..."

"In the worse case, with the Esrituv Stone I will be able to speak for  myself."

Walt offered  a sympathetic smile, "'In the worse case' you'll be sent to the deap, Bular."

Bagdwella gripped the leather straps that crossed over Bular's chest. He pulled her closer and wrapped his tail  over their legs

"When is the soonest I can come?"

Walter's eyebrows shot up.

*LLB*

Walt, Otto,  Bula,r and Bagdwella stood outside Trollmarket, under the Arcadia Oaks bridge. Bagdwella held  the Esrituv Stone protectively to her chest.

"Vendel wil lead you to the Hero's Forge for the trial. Queen Userna has insisted that some of her gaurds aaccompany-"

"Queen  Userna of the Kubera?" Bular asked.

"Yes?" Walt quirrked an eyebrow, "Why?"

Bular twitched  his tail thoughtfully, "I know a thing or two about Queen Userna. A useful thing or two."

He said her name as if it left a bad taste in  his mouth..

"Bular," Bagdwella warned, "Please be careful! I want our whelp to be able to meet their father."

Bular kissed her and placed one huge hand over her belly, "I will, Dwelly. I'll see you after the trial."

"Jim  will be  here as soon as he finishes with play rehearsal. I asked him to  go with you  while you scavenge. Just to keep  an eye  out for  Gunra. She knows your scent  and since Bular didn't return to the Museum this morning she'll know something is up."

"I would rather be here," Bagdwella pouted.

"VVe vvould prefer zat too, Dvvella," Otto assured her, putting one hand on her shoulder, "But mates are not allowed at ze hearing und scavenging vvill  help take your mind off of it."

Just then, the door to Trollmarket opened and Vendeel stepped out, three Kubera guards sstooddd on either side of  him. The old troll looked exasperated already.

"The Tribunal has assembled andd all is  prepared, Trollhunter,"  Venndel explained, "Do you have the Esrituv Stone?"

Walt turned  to Bagdwella and carefully took the chrystal from her  hands.

"I'll be vary careful with it. Nothing will happen to  it, I promise."

Bular dropped to his  knees and allowed his hands to  be bound together.  Otto took his swords and the group delved into the underground city. Bagdwella  watched the door close behind her loved ones. She was left alone in the shadow of the Arcadia Oaks  Bridge. She sat down  to watch the last of the sunset and wait for her godson.

*LLB*

Bular had to force  himself not to panic and smash the cage as the door shut behind him.  The cage was then lifted  off the ground and dangeled over the pit of The  Deap. A silent reminder of  how this trial could end.

"Bular the Black, Son  of Gunmar the Skullcrusher," Vendel's voice boomed threw the Hero's Forge, "You are here seeking a life in Heartstone Trollmarket. You claim to be innocent in the felling of Kanjigar the Courageous. The Tribunal has agreed to hear you  at the prompting of the Trollhunter.  He and the other Former Gumm-Gumms have claimed your as a clansman and, as such, may speak on your behalf."

The leader of Trollmarket nodded to the Trollhunter. Walter nodded back  and turned to Bular. He handed  him the Esrituv Stone andd stepped  back, facing the tribunal.

"I have  given Bular an Esrituv Stone. It will glow red if  he should lie at any time."

A stone bounced off  the changling's head.

"How do we know it works?" Asked Glug, the Quagump of the Tribunal.(5)

Walter turned  back to Bular, "State your name."

"Bular the Black."

Nothing happened.

"State a falsehood."

"I  have never met a changling."

Bright red light emanated  from the chrystal.  Walter turned back to the Tribunal.

A rain of stones fell apon the Trollhunter. Otto yelped and lept out of the way, muttering expletives in German. Walter growled as a stone struck him in the chest.

"Userna's stone hit," Vendel  declared, "She may ask the first question."

The Kubera Queen sneared,  "Why do you want to join Trollmarket?"

Walter nodded for Bular to answer. 

"Ten years ago-"

The stone glowed red.

"Um,  eleven years ago," the glowing stopped, "I met a trolless from Trollmarket in an alley. She was scavenging and it was an accident that we me-"

"What does this have to do with Queen Userna's question?" Gato asked.

"It was she who influenced me to change. The first time we went out together I began thinking about leaving the Gumm-Gumms. That was five years ago. Two years ago I  began looking for a way out. By leaving the Gumm-Gumms, I can seek out anywhere to call home. I seek entrance into Trollmarket because I know it would provide the best life possible for her. Her and our whelp. I would not ask her leave it behind."

Userna scowled but said nothing. Another rain of stones showered down on Walter.

"Zat is idiotic," Otto muttered.

Bular chuckled darkly in agreement.

Vendel's stone hit this time.

"How can you expect to be accepted into Trollmarket after killing Kanjigar the Courageous?"

"Because Bular did not fell Kanjigar," Walter declared.

Mutters passed between the members of the Tribunal.

"Bular," Walter addressed, "Please tell the Tribunal what happened the morning Kanjigar fell."

"I sought out Kanjigar  for the same reason I sought Stricklander. To ask for his assistance in entering Trollmarket. I did  not bring my weapons, I did not want to fight him. We talked all threw the night, beneath the Arcadia Bridge, before he agreed too help me. As we stood,  his foot slipped and he fell into the sunlight. I tried to catch him but...I failed."

The Tribunal stared intently at the Esrituv Stone. When nothing happened, they  began whispering among themselves again.

"We shall return shortly with our decision," Vendel declared.

The Tribunal departed.

"Trollhunter," Bular whispered urgently, "There is something they need to know. Weather they send me to the Deap or not I do not want her to be able to cause  any trouble."

Walter turned, "Is this about Queen Userna?"

"Yes. Could  you bring Aarghaumont? He deserves  to know."

"Otto, go get Arrrgh."

"Nein," Otto was looking intently at his phone, "I have a voicemail  from Kleine Fliedermous.* I have to go to ze surface to listen to it."

"Alright, then I'll  get him."

"He what?" Bular asked, watching the polymorph go.

"Jim called," Walter explained, "Probably just to say that him and Bagdwella just got back. It is nearly sunrise."

With that, Walter went to get Arrrgh. Leaving Bular alone in his cage.

*LLB*

Walter returned with Arrrgh just in time for the Tribunal to return. They seemed surprised at the presence of the Kubera but said nothing.  As a former  Gumm-Gumm, he was technically part of Bular's  clan.

"We have decided," Vendel began.

"Wait," Walter requested, "Bular has asked to say one more thing."

The Tribunal exchanged a look.

"He may speak.'

Bular held the Esrituv Stone and looked up at the Tribunal.

"There is a traitor among you."

When the chrystal remained unchanged all the Tribunal gasped. Gato even left.

"She is working with Gunmar and sold the whelps of her tribe to join is army." 

Bular locked eyes with the Kubera Queen.

"Including her own whelp, Aarghaumont!"

The Esrituv Stone remained colorless and  glasslike. The Tribunal looked at Userna in terror. Arrrgh let out a thunderous roar. Weather from anger or sorrow, none of them knew. Userna was taken away and locked in a dungeon to be tried  in her own time. The Tribunal turned back to Bular.

"This's does not  change our verdict," Vendel declared.

Bular nodded in understanding.

"You shall be granted enterence into Trollmarket. However, you shall be required to check  in  weekly with the Trollhunter and you shal be required to take a vow of pacifism.  Is that understood?"

"Yes!" Bular agreed, "I understand. I will take my vow of pacifism-"

"Later!"

Otto came sprinting into the Hero's Forge.

"Otto? What's wrong?" Walter caught his brother by the shoulders.

"Ze-Ze voicemail from Jim," Otto panted.

He pressed play  and put it on speaker.

"Onkel O? This is for Da."

Jim's voice  sounded slow and calm but Walter noticed the hitch at the 'th' in 'this'. Jim was frightened  and possibly on the verge of a panic atack.

"He needs to come to the museum at 4:00 tomorrow evening. And he needs to come alone. Be sure to bring the amulet. DON'T DO IT, DA! IT'S A TRAP! GAH!"

"So sorry about all of that, brothers mine," Nomura's voice cut in, "If you want to see everyone safe again, you'll do as we've asked and come alone. After all, Gunra couldn't resist the two for one, or three for one as it is, that she got when we took Little Gynt. I'll be  seeing you tomorrow."

The voicemail ended. Walter looked at his brother in terror.

"They have Young Atlas..."(6)

"VValt, two for vvone... drei for vvone... Zey have Jim und Bagdvvela."

Walter's eyes grew wide and he looked up at Bular, "Three for one. Gunra knows about the baby!"

*LLB*

AN: This poor family just can't catch a break, can they? 

1)Nope.  It's totally George's. Yes, Bular. It's yours.

2) People at the library stared at me because I could't stop smiling when  I wrote this!

3)'Esrituv': ez-ree-too-v. It means truth in the language I created for my  original works.

4) Blinky and Arrrgh are joint god-fathers of  Jim. Walt is 99% certain that if somthing happens to  him and Barbara, something would have happened to Otto, Lenora,  and Nomura too.

5)I didn't know their real name so went with the name of a Quagump that I remembered.

6) Bitch  gonna die. The one thing  more terrifying that a  mama bear is a daddy Changling who's whelp is in danger.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.7K 63 12
Trollhunters: Tales Of Arcadia Book Follows first season of trollhunters Follow the story of Freya, whose world is changed over a couple of days. A...
19.2K 359 26
The evil Gunmar had a son but what if his son Bular was a twin to his sister Ladar. But what happens when the first ever human troll hunter comes an...
141K 4.1K 77
Check me out on tiktok @I_simp_121 POV: You're the stereotypical "quiet kid" at your school. One day a kid named Jim picks a fight with a troll, and...
12.9K 462 17
Strickler x Reader Walter Stricklerdon is your teacher, but soon he will become something more. Will the fact that he's a changeling scare you away...