The Protector

By ShadeandShadows

Thrust into an unknown world that had only lived in myth, Tracy Evans finds herself mated to a werewolf, Prot... More

Author's Note (Please read)
Cast
Prologue
Chapter 2
Chapter 3 (Mature Content)
Chapter 4
Chapter 5 (Mature Content)
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13 (Mature Content)
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19 (Short Bonus)
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30 (Mature Content)
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33 (Mature Content)
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36 (Mature Content)
Chapter 37 (Mature Content)
Chapter 38 (Mature Content)
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Not a Chapter
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44 (Mature Content)
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Just a note... please read.
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Before we continue... Help Wanted
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Author's Note (Ignore this)
Author's Note
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
THE END
Author's Note
Q & A
NEW BOOK!!!
EXCITING NEWS!!!

Chapter 1

8.8K 243 72
By ShadeandShadows

I can't remember if I warned about strong language... whelp there's strong language and now you have been warned. 

CHAPTER 1

The Evans family were new to the area. Laura Evans had found a position of assistant principal at John Patrick's High School. A new town, a new job, a new life would be a perfect change to the heartbreak of their old home. She moved to Lythberg with her 17 year old daughter Tracy and her father in law, Roger Evans, who had been living with them since his wife had died 12 years ago. Roger had wanted to stay behind. He did not want to burden his daughter in law after his son, Frank, died but Laura and Tracy were not hearing it and so he came as well.

^Laura Evans^

Tracy was optimistic but luckily her practical nature kept her grounded. Her father's death had been particularly hard. He had been a great husband, awesome dad, and a police officer. One night he had answered a call from a young girl in a bad neighborhood. Her mother was being assaulted by the woman's ex. When he arrived he managed to arrest the perpetrator but then was attacked by a group of individuals that remain unidentified. Coming to a new place has really helped them move on rather than be stifled with a constant bombardment of memories.

^Tracy Evans^

Laura didn't want Tracy to feel suffocated, given that she would be the new assistant principal. She had arranged to buy a used car for Tracy to make the 20 minute drive to school. Tracy found a job at the library in town to make the car and phone payments so the burden wouldn't fall on her mother. Being able to help pay bills gave her a sense of pride for taking on a responsibility.

The town stretches between the foothills of the Sky Ridge Mountain Range. It was a small city that boasted its own college. Dense forest and mountainous terrain surrounded the town. Their ranch style farm house was located 30 minutes from the city's center going through narrow back roads almost the entire way. Tracy loved the area and the house.

They moved in the two weeks before school began. Laura had to start early for orientation and training. Now it was a Monday morning, the first day of school, and Tracy could hardly contain her excitement. She had always been able to make friends though usually those friends were considered "loser" girls or guys. She had never been able to make friends with the "normal" girls because they always seem to be jealous. She never tried to be friends with the popular crowd because she didn't give a crap about their status. All in all she tended to be well liked and compassionate but never took anyone's bull without a fight.

Pulling on a causal pink top with a zippered front and half sleeves. Tracy paired it with black jeans and a pair black converse. Taking a picture she texted it to her mom and asked how she looked. Deciding that her plain dark brown curly hair was behaving itself, she left it down but grabbed two hair bands and shoved them in her pocket just in case.

Her phone pinged with a text from her mother, You look great honey, now come down for breakfast. I'm leaving now.

After a breakfast of eggs, bacon, and toast, Tracy got into her used silver Rav 4 and drove to school. Pulling into one of the student spaces, Tracy parked and gathered her things making sure she put her phone on silent.

The school had just been renovated, the smell of fresh paint still lingered in the halls. The beige walls were lined with blue and orange lockers on one side, maroon and green on the other. The locker color designated the grade level. Since it was her last year, Tracy was assigned a green locker.

Dropping off the extra books, papers, and other supplies that she wouldn't need until later Tracy looked at her schedule. First class, Calculus with Ms. Hudson, Room 3A. Walking forward while still looking at the slip paper she hit a solid unmoving object.

"Oof. Sorry." she said looking up at a very tall, very nice looking guy that had turned with amazing speed to catch her before she fell, "Thanks."

"No problem." He said with a dazzling smile. Tracy blinked at the sight of so many pearly white teeth, All the better to eat you with. she thought smiling.

"Attention whore. Cough, cough." A biting voice interrupted.

Tracy looked pass tall guy's shoulder at a sneering typical plastic looking barbie, complete with blonde hair, next to nothing outfit that had to be against school dress code, and manicured french tipped nails. The cloying scent of her expensive perfume clung to the air infecting every molecule. The oppressive scent made the inside of Tracy's mouth feel like she could taste a chemical rose dipped in aluminum.

"Great!" Tracy burst out enthusiastically while righting herself, "Well 'Whore' since I have your attention, I'm looking for 3A."

Tall guy and Barbie's mouth dropped open.

"You Bitch!" Barbie screeched.

"Awww... thanks for the compliment. How did you know I always wanted to be a doggie? I love doggies they're so cuddly and cute." Tracy said with a smirk.

"Fuck off!" Barbie growled stalking away.

"Hey you're the only one who's leaving," Tracy called out.

Tall guy still stood there staring, "Wow. I'm impressed," he said.

The bell rang.

"And I'm late," Tracy said abruptly, "Do you know where 3A is?"

"Sure I'll walk you there I have the same class."

"Cool thanks. I'm Tracy by the way."

Tall guy was puzzled. She bit back at Tiffany, yet she spoke very politely to him. Given his position as a "popular" kid, she might be just as bad as Tiffany and trying to be nice to him to gain social status. Or, at the risk of sounding vain, he knew girls both human and werewolf found him extremely attractive so maybe she was into him. Not that he minded the last part. She was fairly attractive with an olive complexion, rich brown hair, and light grey eyes. Definitely human. She had a strong aura that impressed him and proved that she was more than able to stand up for herself. But after years of being sought after because he was an alpha's son and wealthy, he couldn't help but be cautious.

"I'm Jack Mason." He said.

^Jack Mason^

"Nice to meet you Jack." she said simply.

They walked the rest of the way in a comfortable silence. Putting his hand on the door knob he said, "Good luck."

"Thanks but I'll be fine." She replied confidently with a smile.

----------------

The rest of the morning passed and finally it was time for lunch. Jack saw his friends sitting at their usual table. Grabbing his lunch, he walked over while keeping an eye out for Tracy.

"Hey Jack," his best friend Landon greeted, "Whatcha looking for?"

"Oh nothing." Jack said, "I met this girl in the hall this morning."

"Ooo, Jackie's in loooovvvveeee..." his other best friend Reilly sang out.

Reilly Baines was the second son of the pack's Beta, who was second in command after the Alpha and Luna, while Landon Page was the youngest son of the pack's Gamma, who was third in command and lead tracker.

Landon eyed him seriously "Is she your mate?"

^Landon Page^

Jack thought about all he had been told about mates then shook his head, "No not my mate. There's no sparks or special scents. She's human but she stood up to Tiffany and came out on top."

"Really?" Landon said, one eyebrow raised in disbelief.

"She sounds hot! What does she look like?" Reilly asked as he started looking around for a sexy goddess.

^Reilly Baines^

Jack and Landon rolled their eyes at their oversexed companion who seemed to no longer be listening. Reilly noticed Tiffany and her minions. By the look on Tiffany's face whoever was the target wasn't going to come out alive. Noticing the direction of she was glaring, Reilly followed it to a girl in a pink top sitting by herself.

"Hey Jack." Reilly said gaining the attention of his companions, "Did that girl have brown hair?"

"Yeah."

"Well then it looks like we're going to have a show."

===================================

Comment, Vote, Follow!

Huge "THANKS" to all my readers!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

267 39 19
This is the sixth book in, "The Wars of Ivory White" series. The war has began and blood has been shed. Excerpt: Tracy drew a breath and held the w...
6.6M 193K 56
"We have a feisty one," he mumbled, tracing kisses down my neck, settling just above my breasts as he admired them, licking his lips. "She said no!"...
277K 13.5K 55
{MATURE +18} I am strong, I am resilient, I am fire... *******************************************************************************************...
54.1K 3.3K 73
Edited version of "The Protector." Excerpt: "You are my mate," he said to her coldly. Tracy looked at him intensely. "What does that mea...