The Protectors - "Not Yet"

By Allonym

No one knew who Amelia was until she needed to call on The Protectors. No one was supposed to know who she wa... More

1| Amelia
2| Cole
3| Larkin
4| Sawyer
5| Amelia

6| Keenan

33 0 0
By Allonym

| Keenan |

I didn't know how the guys would react when I finally saw them again. They weren't meant to see that,ever. It wasn't supposed to happen. I was the one that always makes sure things like this never happened. I failed. I didn't just fail Amelia , but my friends has well. Amelia will always be my first priority, but my friends are important to me too. Now, they'll probably have doubts about me and our friendship.

How could this have even happened?

It's been years since Amelia's had a blackout. She's always been in control. I couldn't blame Cole or Sawyer either because they didn't know better. I've always wanted to tell them the truth. Especially, since they've found out about Amelia.

When I got that call from Alpha I was so sure I would finally be able to tell them, but he said they didn't need to know just yet. But, they have a right to know. It involves them and the pack. It's not like they're civilians. They're Protectors and Protectors protect the pack no matter what.

So, why couldn't I tell them? They were bound to get suspicious at some point. They had no clue Amelia even existed until yesterday and now, now they probably wanted her dead. Would I have to protect Amelia against my own friends? No matter what she always came first, but I hope it won't come down to that.

"Do you think they'll forgive me?",Amelia mumbled into my shoulder has we walked through the busy hallway.

"Of course. It'll take time though. "

"I know. ", she looked down at the floor obviously ashamed of her actions.

A growl could be heard throughout the hallway. No one stopped , but they all paused for a second before continuing down the hall. Amelia on the other hand froze. I looked down and nudged her , but she wasn't fazed at all. I knew who she was looking at. I didn't want to admit it, but I knew. Would I really have to fight my own friends?

"Keenan!"

Sawyer and Cole were at the end of the hall with the other boys holding them in place. This was it. This would decide whether I could trust my friends with her or not. Amelia surprisingly didn't look afraid anymore. She was just staring at them, still frozen in her spot. It looked like she was trying to figure something out. Like, she didn't understand why they were mad at her.

"Amelia. ", I whispered trying to get some kind of reaction out of her.

She didn't even turn her head at me, she just kept staring. Then she did something I would have never expected, she moved forward. I tried to grab her , but she just shrugged me off. What was she doing? She couldn't possibly want to talk to them now. Couldn't she see they wanted to hurt her?

"Mila! What are you doing!?"

"I need to make this right. "

"If she comes any closer, I won't be held responsible!", Cole shouted.

"I'm sorry. "

Amelia was standing in front of the boys with a sad expression on her face. She didn't look away from there angered faces either, she stared into their eyes. I didn't know what might happen , but I was by her side just in case. I really didn't want to do anything to harm my friends, but if they hurt her it would have to be done. Whether I wanted to or not. But, surprisingly they didn't do anything. They weren't even struggling anymore.

" If you do anything like that again I won't hesitate. "

It felt like a weight had been lifted and everyone could breath again. Although the tension wasn't has high it still felt more peaceful then it had before. Well, peaceful for me at least. It meant that they'd give her a chance. I wouldn't have to fight my friends after all. Maybe we'd all become friends, if they accepted her.

"Let's get to class. ", I grabbed a hold of Amelia's arm.

Amelia was spaced out for the rest of first and second period. Even when one of the boys tried to talk to her she would answer with a nod or a head shake. She was barely talking to me too. I didn't understand why she was acting the way she was, but it was starting to worry me. Was it a side effect of her blackout? I'd have to talk to Alpha about it.

"So, some of the guys wanted us to have lunch with them today. "

"Lunch?"

"Yeah, you know , the place we're going to right now. "

"Oh. Right now?"

"Amelia. Look at me. ", I grabbed both of her shoulders.

"What's wrong ? You've been acting like this all day. "

"I'm just confused. "

"You don't need to be confused. They forgave you , that's all there is."

She smiled, " Okay-let's go to lunch."

I could feel the tension coming from Sawyer and Cole across the table. Everyone else was distracted by the conversation being held, but I could tell they weren't happy she was there. Not once did they even make an attempt to talk to her, they just stared. I knew I could trust the rest of my friends with her, but I'd have to keep an eye on Sawyer and Cole.

While Sawyer was just blatantly glaring at Amelia Cole looked like he was analyzing her. He was definitely the most suspicious of her. Did he know? He couldn't know though, right? I mean he couldn't guess just from the fight. I'd have to pay more attention to him then I would Sawyer. Amelia's safety was important, but no one could know her secret.

" So, are you going to tell us what happened?", Larkin asked has they all piled into the car.

" There's not much to tell that you don't already know. "

" Yeah- Because your psycho girlfriend attacking me isn't much. ", Sawyer scoffed.

" First , she's not my girlfriend. Second, you and Cole are the ones who challenged her. So, you kind of asked for it."

"Yeah, because that's what I wanted."

"Well, what'd you expect?"

"Definitely not that. ", Larkin answered.

"Is it bad that I find it hot that she could fight both Sawyer and Keenan?",Jason smirked.

"Shut up!"

"I bet she's easy. ", Cole muttered has they stepped out of the car.

I can't believe he would even say that!

" Don't ever talk about Amelia like that again!", I growled at Cole effectively crushing his body to the car.

"You're going to ruin my car. Can you beat him up over there?", Larkin pointed to the trees beside them.

"No."

I needed to go see Amelia. She wasn't a slut. She hasn't even had sex before, I made sure of that. Not every girl believed in the rule of no sex before matting, but her family did. Why would he even say that about her? He's not even the one she beat up! I would expect Sawyer to be the one to say something like that not Cole.

"I'll be back later. "

"Keenan!", Cole called after me.

I could care less about what he had to say to me. Not until he apologized to Amelia. He had no right to say that about her. He doesn't even know her. All he knows is that she beat the shit out of Sawyer. If anything he should be thinking crazy bitch not slut.

He's never said that about anyone before. Why did he hate her so much? Besides the fight yesterday there was no other reason for him to. Unless, he knew. But, there's no way that could happen. I didn't want to be angry with him, I really didn't. He was my friend. I shouldn't be mad at him. But, he insulted Amelia. I won't forgive him.

"Keenan! What's wrong !?"

I always felt calm when I was around Amelia. Whenever I would get upset when I was younger she would always be the person to comfort me first. With her fingers running through my fur I could feel myself relaxing, almost forgetting what I had come here for. She was always like this. She wouldn't ask too many questions, she would just wait. Even if you never told her she would still try to help you.

>>>>ON HOLD<<<<

Check out my other books instead?

-More Than Friendship
-MTF Others
Features Amelia's mother's story.(Avery)
-Closure
(Avery is in it)
-Adventure Found Me (Avery is in it)
-Worth Reading
-The Good One
-Challenging My Skills
-My Point of View
-How About This?
-118
-Reputations
-What Kind of Girl Is She?
-Being Normal (1)
-Do I Look Stupid To You!?
-The Girl in Chains

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.6M 97K 66
Narrowly escaping an attack by wolves, Jaylin Maxwell is driven towards the alluring Quentin Bronx. Together, they unleash the beast inside Jaylin's...