Three of Us (MalecxOC)

By SierraScott

Elena was born a Shadowhunter and Warlock but she chooses to hide her Shadowhunter lineage from anyone of the... More

TRAILER!!!
00
01
02
03
04
05
06
07
08
09
10
11
12 (End S1)
2.01
2.02
2.03
2.05
UPDATE 2/11/2024

2.04

8.3K 241 20
By SierraScott

Alright, we all know I've been crappy at updating lately but I can't help it. Work is kicking my ass and I'm always exhausted. This is an APOLOGY update since I've been awful!

Anyways now its time for the new chapter!

ALSO SPECIAL THANKS TO @AlyssaGreer01 for the picture up top!

________________

After everything that had happened, we knew we had to face Aldertree, more specifically Magnus and I did.

"So how did it go with Aldertree?" Alec asked both of us.

"Well, the man didn't disappoint," Magnus spoke up first.

"That's for sure."

"In his own charming way, he did inform me that I will indeed be punished but what that punishment has yet to be decided," Magus added.

"All for trying to save my life... Jace may have been the one to pull me out but I did feel you both there. It did make a difference so... Thank you." Alec smiles a small smile.

"Thank you for not dying on me. How, how is Jace?"

"He won't be gone long. Once his hand touches the soul sword the truth will come out and prove that he's never been on Valentine's side. Look, uh with everything that been going on we... we haven't had a chance to..."

"Go on that first date we never had?" Magnus all but smirked at Alec.

"Right, yes."

"Oh! I know a place in Soho that serves the best lamb kabob on this side of Marrakesh." I added softly as they both looked at me with small smiles.

"Or we could portal to Marrakesh? You both hungry?"

"Starving."

I smiled up at my boys. Things were finally looking up for us. Jace was back and Alec was no longer dying. My heart all but skipped a beat as I looked between both men who had captured my heart. I was pulled from my thoughts when Raj called for Alec. 

"Demon briefing in the Ops center. All hands on deck." I rolled my eyes at him. 

"My dear Raj... You look well." Magnus's tone bordered a sarcastic tone. I watched as Raj just walked away. "Rain check?" 

"Yes... Is that ok?" Alec wanted to make sure. 

"You go battle your demons." Alec nodded and silently walked away. "I'll go battle mine..." Magnus softly spoke.  

"Magnus everything will be okay. Shadowhunters lead taxing lives and adding a budding romance on top is going to make things complicated. I promise you though we all will have that first date."

"Thank you Cupcake." I pressed a soft kiss to his cheek. 

"I wish I could stay but while they are going to hunt a demon I have to face my own. I need to talk to Jace in the City of Bones and I have to be there for his trial. Grandmother's orders." I sighed as I ran a hand through my hair. 

"You will be perfectly fine Cupcake. You have Shadowhunter blood they won't be able to turn you away." 

"I know that... It's just the Silent Brothers give me the creeps." My body shook involuntarily. 

I quickly changed into something more appropriate for a Trial before I made my way towards the exit. I was sliding on my black trench coat when I saw Alec, Izzy, and Clary gearing up to go and hunt the demon. 

"Wait, you aren't coming?" Clary looked at me expectantly. 

"No. I'm sorry but as Alec knows I have my own orders from the Clave. I have to go to the City of Bones and be there for the Trail. Jace asked for me to be there." 

"Jace asked for you? He told me to stay away..." Clary was clearly upset but I  didn't have it in me to argue with her about this.

"Be safe Alec. You still owe Magnus and me the first date." I smirked at him before I kissed his cheek. "You too Izzy. I need my sister back in one piece." She smiled brightly at me before she hugged me. 

"Take care of our brother please." 

"Of course. I'll protect him with my life." My eyes brightened to a vibrant violet color before they settled down. 

When I made it to the City of Bones I was granted entry and was led towards Jace's cell. When I got there I could tell he hated being here but I knew he wanted to prove his innocence. 

"You asked the Clave for me?" 

"Yea I did and I don't know why I did. I just needed someone I knew I could trust and even though we haven't always gotten along... I just know I can trust you with my life."

"Please tell me it's, not some weird parabatai thing." I shook my head and laughed. 

"I'm sorry but I'm pretty sure it is. I feel the bond you and Alec share and if Alec trusts you so do I." 

"I can be okay with that as long as you don't fall in love with me. I'm sorry but I'm more into the dark-haired types." I joked with him to get him to smile. I knew he needed it now more than ever. 

"Thank you. I now see why you have two men fawning over you."

"It helps that I'm the hot one." Jace laughed and I watched as he felt okay for a moment. 

"On a serious note I know you did not call me here because you wanted someone you can trust. You want me here to tell me something." He sighed as he looked at me. 

"Valentine talked about you. He talked about how he experimented on you." My body tensed. "Elena there is something else. I overheard him talking and... Elena, you had a twin brother." I had to brace myself against the cell at that revelation. 

"What?" My voice thick with emotion and barely above a whisper.

"He experimented on you both. You got the short end of the stick, you got the Demon blood while your brother got pure Angel blood. I guess it was too much for him because he didn't make it. I'm sorry." My heart felt like it had been crushed. 

"Dammit. Why can't I bloody remember? Stupid Ragnor and taking my damn memories." Tears threatened to fall but I held them back. "Jace... If you're going to fully trust me you have to know the truth. The demon blood affected me weirdly. I ended up with Warlock magic. I'm an abomination. The only other people who know are Alec, Izzy, and Magnus. Jace, you can't tell anyone. If the Clave were to find out I don't know what would happen."

"Hey, Hey, I'm not going to tell anyone. This is what trust is. We tell each other secrets and we keep them." His tone was now serious. His hand reached out ad grabbed my arm in the same way you would grab your Parabatais in the ceremony. I grasped his back. 

"Secrets till the end." We shook on it as we stared into the eyes of each other. Something about them seemed so familiar but it was probably just my imagination. "I'll see you at the trial. Just tell the truth Jace and it will set you free." 

I stood in the trial room as Jace entered with chains on. Aldertree stepped up towards Jace.

Brother Jeremiah spoke. "You stand before the sword, accused of treason against the Clave, as well as the murder of two Downworlders. Be thee innocent tor guilty, may the truth free thy soul."

"Have you anything to say before we start?" Aldertree asked Jace. 

"Fecilis descensus Averno." Jaces voice gruff.

"The descent into Hell is easy. I'm glad you believe in our sacred Clave motto."

"Alec and I use it to remind each other we can't be broken."

"Did you kill the werewolf, Gretel Monroe?"

"No."

"But you captured her for your father, Valentine Morgensten, after being encouraged by your spellbound sister."

"I accept full responsibility for my actions."

"You have a great love for your sister, don't you?"

"Leave Clary out of this." Jace started shaking.

"Yes or no?"

The soul sword began to glow emitting its power. Jace struggled to answer the question. "Yes."

"In fact to my understanding, you two were involved in a romantic relationship prior to the discovery that you were siblings. Is that true?" 

I covered my mouth with my hand. Of course, it's true. He's probably still in love with her. Those sorts of feelings don't just go away overnight even after you find out that you made out with your sister. I can only imagine how fucked up Jace feels right now. 

"Yes." Jace continued to struggle as he breathed heavily.

"What about now? Do you love her the way a brother loves a sister?"

"I've tried to fight it but..."

"A simple yes or no. Do you love Clary the way a brother loves his sister?"

"No. It's more than that." Tears welled up in my eyes and my heart broke for Jace. These questions were out of order. Aldertree shouldn't even be asking these sorts of questions. Jace was here to stand trial to tell his truth about what happened with Valentine. Not stand there and tell the ugly truth about how he was still in love with Clary.

"I see. Do you love your father?"

"I love the dream of the father I wished he'd be."

"The kind of father who wouldn't kill a young boys falcon?"

"Yes."

"I know more than you think about you and dear dad. To love is to destroy. Quite a harsh lesson for a six-year-old boy. Do you agree with that sentiment?"

"Yes." Jace sighed as he answered. 

"Do you feel your father's goal to kill all Downworlders is just?"

"Yes and no."

"Which one is it?"

"Both. My father's world view may be misguided, but I've seen the vampire dens that are thriving because of the Clave's lack of action. Your lack of action."

"The final question. Can you pledge your unconditional loyalty to the Clave?" 

"Facilis descensus Averno."

"I asked you a question. Can you pledge your unconditional loyalty to the Clave?"

"I..."

"Answer!"

"No! No, I can't."

Aldertree sighed as if he knew this would be the outcome but I knew Jace and that wasn't the end of it.

"Based on your testimony. I will recommend to the Clave a punishment of life imprisonment."

Jace sighed. 

"May the Angel have mercy on you."

In one swift movement, Jace took the sword in his hand and was about to press it towards his neck before he dropped it and began screaming. I couldn't watch. Tears began to fall from my face. No. I failed at protecting Jace. 

"Thank you, Brother Jeremiah. There will be no martyrs here." 

I was full-on crying as the escorted Jace back to his cell. I failed, I can't believe I failed. I was mad at myself. After everything, I couldn't do a damned thing to help him. I don't know how long had passed before the hairs on my body alerted me to something wrong. 

I turned around and I saw Valentine and his men. A fight broke out and I cursed myself for only bringing my whip. I slashed at one of his men as I watch Valentine try and grab the soul sword from Brother Jeremiah's hands. This was not going to end well. I went to slash at another one of his men when Valentine threw a dagger at me causing me to fall to the ground. 

"My little experiment. You have failed baby Herondale." He harshly ripped the dagger from my stomach as blood began to pool from it. I tried to press against the wound but it wasn't helping. I wanted to reach for my stele but I felt too weak. Dark spots danced in my vision as I felt myself falling asleep. 

Was death truly this peaceful?

_______________

DUN DUN DUN... I've had this planned for so long! 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

11.3K 453 51
-The story of Alec Lightwood- Alec Lightwood the head of the New York Institute meets a warlock (who he doesn't want to accept he likes) What will ha...
80K 3K 16
a high school romance between alec lightwood and magnus bane, both popular, yet complete opposites. one on the football team and achieving a-grades c...
3.9K 132 24
Hello! So most of the fanfics I've been reading on here have to do with Magnus and Alec breaking up or one of them dying etc. This one doesn't. Soooo...
24.9K 558 21
Alec woke up feeling pretty normal, his boyfriend by his side as they cuddled in bed before work.But when he wakes up in the sight of a girl instead...