Recrudescence (✓)

By whysteriarose

It's nearly easy as breathing (for six of them, at least) for BTS to pretend to be just like everyone else... More

Prologue
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty One
Chapter Thirty Two
Chapter Thirty Three
Chapter Thirty Four
Chapter Thirty Five
Chapter Thirty Six
Chapter Thirty Seven
Chapter Thirty Eight (Finale)
I'M LOOKING FOR BETA READERS!
I made a YouTube Channel!

Chapter Four

19.2K 1K 496
By whysteriarose

The park is much warmer and drier than YN remembers. The prickly grass and hard bark of the tree seem to have melted and turned into some sort of soft cotton. It feels like a dream, really.

YN sighs, burying her face in the warm blankets before launching up with a start.

She certainly shouldn't be in warm sheets at the moment.

Had she been kidnapped? Would she ever make it back to her country? Will she be enslaved for the rest of her life?

Panicking, the girl tries to shrug herself out of the tangled bedsheets, rubbing her eyes and planning her escape ... for the second time.

It's really not her day today.

"Woah there, tiger. You'll give yourself whiplash," a voice says fondly, not unlike the tone a parent has with his or her child.

In all of her short-circuiting, YN failed to notice the seven males sitting near her in this dim room.

A light is switched on and YN recoils before getting used to the sight, blinking.

Namjoon stands near her beside, Yoongi and Hoseok glued to his side and staring at her with wide, happy eyes. They look very much like a trio of puppies in an excited mood. Jimin is sprawled all over the other half of the bed, hand lain on his crossed arms, smiling fondly at her. Jin stands across the room, a book held loosely in his hand, eyes trained on her like he's trying to figure something out. Jungkook is chewing on his lip, eyes innocent and sweet but hands clenched tightly at his side, as if he's restraining himself from doing something.

But Taehyung grins at her, his teeth normal and shiny white.

Regardless, she shrieks when she sees him, fumbling and landing on the floor harshly.

All the boys move at once, hands outstretched and voices raised in concern.

"Don't touch me! Any of you!" She shouts, scrambling into a standing position and backing herself up against one of the walls, sliding across the smooth plaster.

"What's wrong?" Taehyung asks.

He feels hurt at the way she's behaving, almost as if she's afraid of him.

"You! Don't come anywhere near me, you monster!" She screams, hands shakily holding onto the sheet like a lifeline.

Taehyung comes up short, as if he hit a wall."I - what?" He asks, confusion lacing his tone.

"What's wrong, sweetheart? Why are you scared?" Jin asks, pushing away from his wall.

"Calm down, YN. Nothing's going to hurt you. We would never hurt you," Yoongi says, taking a step towards her.

Hoseok grips the other man's shirt.

"Give her space, Yoongz,"

"What are you talking about, baby girl?" Jimin asks, "You have to be clearer so we can understand you. What monsters?"

"Like you don't know what I mean," She says, accusing glare pinned on all of them.

"Explain then," Tae says, venom lacing his tone.

He can't help but want to hurt her, since his own feelings are injured at the moment. But instead, she looks even more terrified than before, guilt flaring up in his chest.

"Don't be so mean," Jungkook says, his natural voice soothing the girl a bit.

It's melodic.

"If you wouldn't mind elaborating further, it would be a great help, okay?" Kookie continues.

The unpleasant buzzing sound fills the others' heads, but YN is eased.

"I - he bit me. With ... fangs. Like a vampire. He shoved me into some closet and - " She begins, tears gathering in her eyes.

"How -"

Namjoon, fast as lightning, has his hands around Taehyung's throat."How dare you treat her that way?!" he snarls out.

A frightened whimper escapes YN.

Namjoon drops Tae just as quickly as he grabbed him, cringing at the girl's horrified expression.

"All of you quit it!" Seokjin yells. "I'm mediating this from now on. No more nonsense, we're going to sort this out,"

The boys mellow out at that, not wanting to scare her again.

YN, still terrified, stays near the wall, wary of them all.

"So, Taehyung bit you, YN? Is that right?" Jin asks.

She nods.

"Did he suck your blood?"

She nods again.

"Is that why you left in such a fright?"

Another nod.

"And now you're afraid of him?"

More nodding.

"Do you think we're all vampires?"

"Y - yes. Aren't you?"

Jimin makes a noise of disgust.

"There's only one leech in this room," He says.

YN's gaze shifts over to Jimin.

"How are you speaking so fluently? None of you can speak English but Namjoon - "

"Let's just settle this first, okay, sweetheart? You can ask us whatever else you want afterwards, okay?"

Surrounded and seeing no other choice, YN nods.

"I - this doesn't usually happen. You weren't supposed to remember anything. I was just supposed to drink from you and send you back, you weren't supposed to run off or be afraid,"

"How could I not be afraid? You stole me away like some ... like a blood rapist!"

Jimin actually chuckles before quieting at the glare everyone else sends him.

"I'm sorry. Everyone else is victim to my persuasion so no one gets hurt. I never expected it to go this way. You just smelled so delicious, I couldn't help myself,"

Even now, he feels his teeth pushing against his gums

"You don't kill people?" She asks, suspicion lacing her tone.

"No. I haven't killed anyone in ..." His eyes flash with some hidden pain, "A very, very long time. I promise,"

"And you won't be biting her anymore," Yoongi says, eyes nearly black, "Ever,"

Taehyung swallows, looking away.

"I won't," he says lightly ignoring the burn in his throat.

"As for the rest of us, I think we shouldn't overwhelm you today. Let's explain everything for you tomorrow, okay? We have a busy day at the studio," Seokjin says.

He just wants her to go back to sleep, to not try and leave again. An icky feeling settles upon him at the simple thought of her not being with him.

"Are you kidding me? I get mauled by a vampire and kidnapped by BTS and you expect me to just stay here are la di da? Like whatever, he said he was sorry so everything's peachy keen now. Hell no! I'm leaving and don't any of you dare try to get in my way, understand?"

"YN, please. We promise that we won't hurt you. Nothing will hurt you while we watch over you, okay?" Hoseok says.

"Why would I believe you at all? I don't know you and you're all some sort of something. Running was the right choice and I'd like to finish it, alright,"

"Please stay," Jungkook whispers, a tingling feeling dusting over her.

"No," she says.

The rest of the boys share a loaded look.

"Please, YN. Don't leave me," Jimin says, unable to stop myself from reaching for her.

The horrible image of her slipping away paints his mind, causing him to shudder.

"I'm sure you can find a replacement for the contest. I'll even sign a nondisclosure agreement if I need to. I just want to leave,"

"Who cares about the contest. Just stay with us, please,"

"Why?" She asks, on the verge of hysteria.

"Because ..." Seokjin starts, "you're my mate,"

"My mate," Jimin chimes.

"My mate," Jungkook whispers.

"My ... mate" Taehyung says.

"My mate" Hoseok, Namjoon, and Yoongi say.

Everyone stares at her with sincerity.

"Our unity,"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.7M 118K 113
in which you find your soulmate, but it instead of one person, you have seven
35.2K 2.2K 30
Warning: This story is fictional and has nothing to do with real life events or the actual members of BTS. It may contain depictions of violence, blo...
666K 18.6K 43
"Life isn't easy. You need to work for your happiness" BTS ot7 x reader.(OC) Soulmates au! Alternative universe! Started 2020.12.20 Completed 2021.0...
718K 31.6K 56
"You are ours, baby. Ours to keep, ours to take care of, ours to protect, ours to spoil, and ours to love for the rest of eternity." ⸻ There were alr...