Humanity /2/ TO

By poultergeist

BEING REWRITTEN. IF CHAPTERS ARE MISSING, THEY'RE BEING EDITED AND WILL BE BACK WITHIN AN HOUR. It's been tw... More

Part One
Cast
Ch. 1 Always and Forever
Ch. 2 Graduation
Ch. 3 House of the Rising Sun
Ch. 4 Tangled Up in Blue
Ch. 5 Girl in New Orleans
Ch. 6 Sinners and Saints
Ch. 7 Fruit of the Poisoned Tree
Ch. 9 The River in Reverse
Ch. 10 Reigning Pain in New Orleans
Ch. 11 The Casket Girls
Ch. 12 Après Moi, Le Déluge
Ch. 13 500 Years of Solitude
Ch. 14 Dance Back From the Grave
Ch. 15 Crescent City
Ch. 16 Long Way Back From Hell
Ch. 17 Le Grand Guignol
Ch. 18 Farewell to Storyville
Ch. 19 Moon Over Bourbon Street
Ch. 20 The Big Uneasy
Ch. 21 An Unblinking Death
Ch. 22 A Closer Walk with Thee
Ch. 23 The Battle of New Orleans
Ch. 24 From a Cradle to a Grave
Part Two
Updated Cast
Fairy Tales
Ch. 1 Rebirth
Ch. 2 Alive and Kicking
Ch. 3 Every Mother's Son
Ch. 4 Live and Let Die
Ch. 5 Red Door
Ch. 6 Wheel Inside The Wheel
Ch. 7 Chasing the Devil's Tail
Ch. 8 The Brothers That Care Forgot
Ch. 9 The Map of Moments
Ch. 10 Gonna Set Your Flag on Fire
Ch. 11 Brotherhood of the Damned
Ch. 12 Sanctuary
Ch. 13 The Devil is Damned
Ch. 14 I Love You, Goodbye
Ch. 15 Stay
Ch. 16 Let Her Go
Ch. 17 They All Asked for You
Ch. 18 Save My Soul
Questions
Ch. 19 Exquisite Corpse
Ch. 20 Night Has a Thousand Eyes
Ch. 21 When the Levee Breaks
Ch. 22 City Beneath the Sea
Ch. 23 Fire with Fire
Ch. 24 Ashes to Ashes
1K
I'm Sick
Book 3

Ch. 8 Bloodletting

7.7K 227 53
By poultergeist

TYLER
[1×07]

MY HEAD WAS POUNDING WHEN I WOKE UP. A jolt of panic went through me as I realized I was in a moving car, at least till I remembered who had kidnapped me this time. "You're awake."

I turned to glare at the driver. "And fairly pissed off," I told Tyler.

"Look, I didn't see you getting in this car willingly," he said.

"So you knock me out and kidnap me?" I asked, rubbing my forehead.

"Would you have gotten in the car if I asked you to?" he wondered.

I turned to look at him. We hadn't talked since he left Mystic Falls and I still had no idea how to explain my relationship with Klaus to him. "What are you doing here, Tyler?" I asked.

"Well, I came back to Mystic Falls, expecting to find you and my daughter still living at your apartment. Instead I found out that you two were now living with Klaus Mikaelson," he said.

I sighed. "You don't understand, Ty," I said.

"I understand enough. I know you got knocked up by the psychopath," he said.

"Yeah, well, I also got knocked up by you, so I think we both know my choices have been questionable. Why are you kidnapping me?" I asked.

"I want to test a theory," he said.

"What kind of theory?" I wondered.

"One about your baby," he said, not looking at me.

As much as I trusted Tyler, I still had a feeling of dread as he told me that.

|

He took me out to a cabin in the bayou. I had Lilly on my hip, she had been asleep in the back during the ride. I looked around at all the abandoned junk. "What is this place?" I asked.

"The armpit of Louisiana," he told me. He scoffed. "I never thought the girl I knew would be shacked up with Klaus Mikaelson."

"Look, I'm sorry. I didn't know how to tell you," I said.

"About the fact that you were hooking up with my nemesis or that you were pregnant?" he wondered. "A hybrid baby. Yeah, I know all about it. I've been roaming around the bayou asking questions. Let me tell you what I learned."

He pulled the sleeve of my sweater down, revealing the birthmark on my shoulder. "This crescent birthmark means you come from a big shot family, some kind of royalty to the werewolves of this region, and right here, this is all that's left of them," he told me.

I looked around at the bayou in confusion. My eyes landed on a blonde woman watching us in the trees. "Hey," I yelled, moving forward. She quickly ran away, not looking back.

"They can't help you. They're in the woods hiding, because they've been persecuted for decades by vampires," he told me.

A man came out of the trees and walked over to us. "Is that her?" he asked Tyler, pointing to me.

"Yeah, Dwayne," Tyler said.

I didn't like the way this guy was looking at me, nor did I like the fact that I was out in the middle of nowhere, weapon-less, pregnant, and with my toddler. "Tyler," I said carefully. "Tell me what the hell is going on right now."

"Let's just go inside," Tyler told me, gesturing to the cabin.

I shook my head. "Not till you tell me what is going on," I said, my voice lowering.

Tyler grabbed my arm, a lot stronger than usual. Tyler had never exactly been gentle, but this was the first time that he was doing it on purpose. "Let me go," I said. My voice was calm, but inside I was beginning to panic a little.

"Let's go," he said, dragging me into the cabin.

|

Tyler zip tied my hand to a furnace inside, after I repeatedly tried to run back out of the cabin.

I was struggling to get free when Tyler walked back in. "Why are you doing this?" I asked.

"I told you. I want to test a theory," he said.

"And what exactly does that have to do with my baby?" I wondered.

"I'm the only hybrid other than Klaus," he said. "He killed all the others. Then he killed my mom."

"I know all the horrible things he has done, Tyler. They've all been running through my head over and over again since I moved in with him. But if you hurt the baby I will never forgive you and Klaus will kill you," I told him.

"What makes you think I'm afraid to die?" he wondered.

I shrugged, looking down at the toddler in my lap. "Maybe because I hoped you would be for our sake," I said.

I didn't look back up at him, but I could feel his eyes on the two of us. The door opened before he could say anything and Dwayne walked in. "You ready to do this?" Tyler asked him.

My head snapped up at that. What were they going to do?

"Let's do it," Dwayne said.

Tyler walked over to me, taking Lilly from me. While I was afraid of what Tyler would do to the baby, a part of me still knew that he wouldn't hurt his own kid at least. Or at least hoped he wouldn't. He picked up a syringe after sitting Lilly down.

"What are you doing?" I asked.

Dwayne walked towards me, holding me down as I began to struggle. "Tyler, please. Don't do this," I said.

"Klaus destroyed everything good in my life. So I'm gonna take away the thing he wants most," he said.

I shook my head. "No, Tyler, please!" I said. I yelled as he stuck the syringe into my stomach. Then I realized something. It was empty. He was taking my blood. I watched in horror as he injected Dwayne with my blood and snapped the werewolf's neck.

|

Tyler dragged the body of the dead werewolf across the room. I watched him do so, feeling like I might throw up. Death was nothing new for me, but this was a lot for one morning.

"Don't get all judgey. Dwayne knew what he was getting into. He volunteered," Tyler told me.

"For you to kill him?" I asked.

"Dwayne is a werewolf that died with your blood in his system, the same blood you share with your hybrid baby," Tyler said.

I looked at him, finally realizing what he was doing. I had been too worried about my baby to figure it out till now. "You're trying to turn him into a hybrid," I said, before shaking my head. "It won't work. You need Elena's human blood to create a hybrid."

Tyler started looking through his things as he began explaining it to me. "I've been running with wolf packs all over the country. One of them was tight with a witch. She had nightmare visions about your baby and how Klaus could use it's blood to make an army of hybrid slaves."

Why did everyone think my baby was evil just because of its father? "I am sick of these witches and their premonitions about my baby. It's just a little baby. Just like ours," I snapped, gesturing to the toddler who had came to sit in my lap.

Tyler looked at his daughter, before moving his eyes back to me. "Maybe. Maybe not. That's where Dwayne comes in. You see, he was happy to be the test case. If you haven't noticed, these people don't have much to live for. They'd all welcome the chance to become the superior species. Trouble is, all hybrids are sired to Klaus. They follow his every move. No way I'd let that happen," he told me, removing a knife from a bag. I watched him warily as he sat it on the table.

"Klaus wouldn't do that, even if he knows what the baby's blood will do," I said. I wanted to have faith in the hybrid. I wanted to trust him after everything that had happened.

"What do you think, Rory?" he asked.

I smiled. "Right now I think you've lost your mind and are full of crap. Along with other things I can't say with children present," I told him, sweetly.

"Come on, Rory. Klaus Mikaelson- killer of men, women, and puppies- all of a sudden wants to be a daddy, or he's got an ulterior motive. Hybrids can walk in the sun. Their bite is lethal to vampires. They'll take over New Orleans by the end of the week, and you know what's gonna stop Klaus then? Nothing," he told me.

Before I could say anything, Dwayne gasped back to life. Tyler looked down at me and I immediately knew I wasn't going to like this. "You're going to have to feed on her," he told Dwayne.

"What?" I asked. He wouldn't do this to me. Kidnapping had been a part of me and Tyler's relationship for a while now, but no way was he going to let a hybrid feed on me.

Tyler picked up the knife and made cut the side on my neck, however. He turned to Dwayne. "Do it," he told him, and moved Lilly away from me again.

I yelled as Dwayne sank his new fangs into my neck. He suddenly backed away from me. "Dwayne, easy," Tyler said. The new hybrid ran for the door and Tyler threw him on the ground. He jumped up and ran out the door anyway only seconds later. Tyler looked at me one last time before running out to follow Dwayne.

He had dropped the knife when he pushed Dwayne. I flattened myself against the floor in an attempt to grab it. My zip tie kept me just three inches short of it. I could however reach a rather pointy piece of wood.

I then turned to my daughter who was sitting in the corner. I hated the frightened expression on her face. I had always tried to avoid letting her end up in these situations with me, yet here we were. I forced a smile, however, hoping to convince her that this was fine. "Come here, baby," I said, placing the wood behind me. I held my arms out for her and she carefully walked back over to me and fell onto my lap.

I ran a hand through her messy little curls. "It's okay, everything is going to be okay," I promised as I held her close to me and waited.

|

I glared at my ex as he walked back into the shack. "So it worked. What now?" I asked.

"If Klaus gets a hold of you, if he gets that kid, he wins," Tyler said.

I bit my lip, trying to figure out my best way out of here. "Then help me hide the baby from him," I said. "Help me run."

He leaned down and picked up the knife. "He'll find you. He'll take your kid away, and he'll make more hybrid monsters, slaves who do everything he says," he told me, walking closer.

"Ty, I know you hate him. But he wouldn't do that and you can't do this," I said.

His hand that was holding the knife moved maybe a centimeter and I immediately plunged the piece of wood into his stomach. He yelled and backed away from me, before pulling it out. The knife fell to the floor. "That was stupid," he said.

Dwayne walked back in right then. "Get away from her," he said.

"What do you care?" Tyler asked.

"I said, get away," Dwayne snapped.

"You got what you wanted. Now get lost," Tyler told him.

A thought suddenly crossed my mind. "Dwayne, he's gonna kill me. He's gonna kill you, too. He said that hybrids are too dangerous to live. You need to stop him," I said.

"Shut up," Tyler yelled at me, turning away from the other hybrid. Dwayne grabbed him from behind and threw him into a wall. As soon as Tyler recovered, the two ran at each other and began fighting. I grabbed the knife, that was now within reach. I cut the zip tie and ran.

I ran through the woods, knife in one hand and Lilly on my hip. I hid behind a tree, trying to catch my breath. I spun to attack, knife raised, when I heard a twig snap. Elijah grabbed my arm. "Forgive me. I thought you were in danger," the vampire said, eyeing the knife. "It appears I was mistaken."

I looked behind him to see Hayley and sighed in relief. I gave my sister a side hug and handed her my frightened toddler, before hugging the Original. Never in my life had I been so happy to see him. "You two will not believe the crap day that I'm having," I told them.

I pulled away from the Original and stood by my sister, both me and Hayley trying to soothe my toddler who definitely hadn't enjoyed today. "Let me take you three home," Elijah said.

"Guys," I said, not liking this. "I need to tell you both something about the baby."

|

"Klaus must have known. That's the only explanation. He could care less about the baby. He just wants her to be born so he can use her to make more sired hybrids," Hayley said.

I had told her and Elijah everything. I didn't want to believe Hayley and Tyler were right. Klaus cared about his kid. He had to.

"But I don't think Dwayne was sired to Klaus," I told them, drawing their attention back to me. "The baby's hybrid side may come from Klaus, but right now me and the baby pretty much share everything. It's my blood that turned Dwayne. He was sired to me."

They both looked confused by that idea.

"I should take you three home," Elijah said.

"Are you serious? Home to what?" Hayley asked.

"Look, regardless of my brother's intentions, mine remain the same. I said that I would protect you, even if need-be from Klaus himself," Elijah told us.

"I have never needed someone else's protection and I sure as hell don't need you to protect me from Klaus. There is no way he could have known about this," I said.

"He had to. Why else would he care?" Hayley asked.

"Because it's his kid," I reminded.

"He killed his own parents, Rory, along with countless people. You really think he cares about you or the baby?" Hayley wondered.

|

We went back to the cabin, where we found Klaus. His eyes immediately fell on me. "Rory," he said in relief. He moved towards me, but Elijah and Hayley blocked his path. I looked down, unable to look him in the eye right now.

"Well, it seems you two have found her. Perhaps she cares to shed some light on the situation. This would appear to be the body of a hybrid," he said, gesturing to the dead body on the ground.

"His name was Dwayne," I told him. I felt kind of bad for the wolf. I knew how easily it had to be for Tyler to manipulate him into this. The guy had wanted to be able to take his home back, and instead, he had gotten his heart ripped out.

"Well, whoever he was, I didn't sire him. Any idea how this is possible?" Klaus asked.

"As if you didn't know," Hayley snapped, moving towards the hybrid. Me and Elijah grabbed her arms, pulling her back.

Klaus looked at us. "Aren't you three fast friends. Come on then, what horrible accusation have you conspired to levy against me?" he asked.

"Tyler Lockwood brought Rory here to test a theory, that the blood of her child could be used to sire hybrids. He claims you knew that. Furthermore, you intended to use this knowledge to build an army," Elijah told him.

I could see hurt flash across Klaus' face. "I told you he didn't know," I said. Klaus seemed hopeful at my words, but his brother's distrust had already done it's damage.

"And, of course, you assume it's true. I mean, why else would I show any interest in my own flesh and blood? A heartbroken little crybaby points his finger at me and my own brother falls in line, eager to believe it. How quickly you assume the worst, especially when it comes from her," Klaus said, turning to look at Hayley.

"Oh, spare me your indignation. When have you ever demonstrated any kind of concern towards Rory or her children beyond your own selfish pursuits? And what was it you once said to me? 'Every king needs an heir,'" Elijah said.

I shook my head. "This isn't fair," I muttered, but was ignored.

"My big brother, so you doubt my intentions. Well, I can't say I'm surprised. Standing beside the noble Elijah, how can I be anything but the lesser brother- a liar, a manipulator, a bastard?" He jumped down from the porch and moved to where he was standing in front of Elijah. "That's all I am to you, isn't it? And to Rebekah, and judging by the way Hayley hangs onto your every word, it's clear she feels the same way. No doubt, my child will, as well," Klaus said.

"Brother, if I-"

Klaus grabbed Elijah's shoulders. "We've said all that needs to be said, brother," he interrupted. He backed up, shrugging. "I'll play the role I've been given." I thought he might walk away, but instead he ran at Elijah and bit into the vampire's neck.

"Klaus!" I yelled.

Hayley went to check on Elijah as I stared at the hybrid. "You can all enjoy each other's company. You'll have much to bond over once the hallucinations and dementia set in. Consider that bite my parting gift to you all," he told us. Then he headed into the woods.

"Are you serious? He's leaving all of us out here?" Hayley asked.

I spun on my sister. "Are you kidding me? If I was him, I would leave you two. You just made the person he trusts most turn on him," I snapped at her. Then I looked at Elijah, who was still clutching his neck. "And you? You did great. Turning on your own brother. I don't even blame him for biting you."

I walked away from the two of them, hoping to catch up with Klaus. I manage to find him. "Klaus!" I yelled, but he didn't stop. "Klaus Mikaelson, do not ignore me!"

"What do you want, Rory?" he asked, turning to look at me.

"I want you to slow down and talk to me," I said.

"I think enough has been said," he told me.

"I haven't even gotten to talk yet," I said. "So, you're going to stop throwing a temper tantrum and talk to me."

He glared, but didn't walk away. "What?" he asked.

I sighed. I didn't want to ask, but I had to. "Did you know?" I wondered.

Hurt consumed his features and he didn't try to hide it this time. "Of course not," he said, his voice breaking.

I smiled slightly, glad to have been right. I walked over to him and used my free hand to pull him down so his lips met mine. After a few seconds I forced myself to pull away and lean my forehead against his. "That's all I needed to know," I whispered.

He took a step back so that he could look at me. "Elijah doesn't believe me. Why do you?" he asked.

I shrugged. "Because you've never lied to me," I said.

Okay, not gonna lie, I feel a tiny bit guilty just completely destroying any chance at a relationship between Tyler and Lilly for the rest of this series. Like, it was necessary for the plot, but I still feel bad about it. He will make a few more appearances in this series though.

Please vote and comment!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

98.7K 2.9K 33
"I can't lose anyone else, Elijah. Especially not by my own hand." New Orleans. A city run by the supernatural. When Elijah Mikaelson learns of Hayl...
258K 5K 68
She may be the youngest, but she'd be damned if she's the weakest. Brynn Mikaelson doesn't want much out of life. She spends her days in New Orleans...
13.3K 418 12
"𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐲 𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐝𝐞𝐬𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐝 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐚𝐧𝐨𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫, 𝐛𝐮𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐢𝐫 𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐲 𝐢𝐬 𝐚 𝐜𝐮𝐫𝐬𝐞𝐝 𝐦𝐞𝐥𝐚𝐧𝐜𝐡𝐨𝐥𝐲" tvd || season...
644K 15.6K 61
Rory Forbes, Caroline Forbes' sister, never knew what she was walking into when she came back to Mystic Falls. She had no idea about everything that...