WOUNDS OF silk

Galing kay andrakinsley

A Mafia Romance Novel Eeva A dutiful daughter. A well-behaved wife. She never had control over her life from... Higit pa

1. Eeva
2. Eeva
3. Eeva
4. Sloane
5. Sloane
7. Sloane
8. Eeva
9. Sloane

6. Eeva

157 9 1
Galing kay andrakinsley

As soon as her husband left, Sloane didn't bother to mask his feelings and try to be more socialised. Nor did he made an effort to engage with her further in their awkward conversations.

They both stayed silent. Wary. 

Stolen glances. Lips biting. Harsh breathing.

And when their gazes clash with one another, they looked the other way without acknowledging the presence of another.

Odd.

Still satisfying.

Eeva preferred his strained silence than his brooding eyes, so expressive yet burrowed beneath the layers of his prowess and poignant reminder of his past.

She could tell Sloane didn't fancy to be in her presence than absolutely necessary. He loathed to breathe the same air, she exhaled.

When Sloane retreated into the house, his actions were prompt but not rushed. He didn't utter another word or welcomed her in, he simply turned around and fled. Leaving her abandoned on the driveway.

Eeva landed in New York in less than two hours and stepped foot in her husband's property in less than half an hour and she was already feeling out of place.

She was alone and lonely.

Not long after Sloane's lean back bunched under his leather jacket disappeared through the front door, a woman in her early thirties, uniformed in a navy blue skirt and a shirt few shades lighter flew down the front steps. She greeted Eeva with one of her imposed smiles demanded while attending the guests to make them feel welcome and cosy.

Eeva was feeling none of that. Neither she felt welcomed, most like thrust into their lives. And the sumptuous house stretched before her eyes screaming money and blood and those things didn't come easily in their lives and never spelled cosy.

And Eeva couldn't count herself as a guest although she felt like one. Whether she wanted it or not, she had to spend the rest of her life here. But it wasn't the woman's fault, she was performing her duties as rehearsed and as expected.

Eeva returned her a polite smile and trailed behind her, letting her speak as she parroting the highlights of the house like a real estate agent trying to sell the house.

"Mrs Romanov, there is kitchen at the end of the hallway and the back entrance of the house. There is a swimming pool..."

"Please, just call me Eeva. If may I ask, what should I call you?" The woman swept her hand in the air in dismissal to brush away the topic of futile discussion as if it hardly mattered and started walking towards the left. 

Eeva felt like a child being shushed for speaking out of terms, so she followed her quietly around the house. For the rest of their time together, she didn't ask her anything. Mainly listening and following until they rounded the house and came to the same place from where they began.

"What's on the right side?"

"That wing belongs to Sloane Romanov. He doesn't like many visitors. Nor he prefers people to venture into his wing without his permission. Nothing you need to concern yourself of. Stay within your wing and the common rooms I showed you. You'll be good."

Eeva nodded. She had no intentions to step foot in his wing and if she could she would stay away from him. And from her husband as far as possible but she knew very well that was not even an option to consider. Not it would be her choice.

The woman immediately left after she let Eeva into a room and told her to stay and get freshen up. Eeva knew she was into her husband's wing but from the plain bedspread and lack of character into the walls. The empty closet and the bathroom stacked with sealed bottles and toiletries, Eeva knew for certain she definitely wasn't into her husband's bedroom.

And it gave her mind a sense of peace. She heaved a sigh in relief.

Eeva wasn't hungry and all she wanted to do was to take a few hours of a nap because she had nothing better to do and had a lot of time to spare. Her husband wouldn't be arriving anytime soon and she needed a few hours of rest because last night she hardly had any.

When Eeva woke up after a few good hours, the orange sky stretched afar from earlier swallowed by the darkness. She descended the stairs, hoping to come face to face with someone but the house felt quiet and empty. Like no living soul lived there.

Being cooped up the whole day in the room, the evening breeze felt soothing and refreshing. A slight chill ran down my spine but it felt good in the summer heat.

A vibration in my pocket buzzing with the hushed wind. I took out my phone, seeing the name of the caller I instantly accepted the call but before I uttered a single word, the tension from the other side of the call was thick and overwhelming.

"Why were you not picking up my call?" Meira's voice seemed distressed.

"I was..."

"Are you alright? I'm so sorry, Eeva. It's all my fault. I am responsible..."

"I am just fine. Relax! I was taking a nap and I forgot to check my phone after I woke up."

"Oh..um..sorry. I thought..."

"Nothing happened. He has a large house though, besides the maids and the security staffs, only three people actually live here excluding me." Eeva skipped out the explicit details that not only fretted her sister but somehow she would feel guilty.

"Yeah, I heard. Mr Romanov has a family." Her voice trembled. Meira didn't how to respond or what would be the right thing to say to her sister. She was perpetually trying to make Eeva felt better. But how could Eeva told, her life was doomed and unrecoverable.

"He has two sons. Both are older than me, I guess." Eeva's tongue slipped and she regretted the minute the words were out in the open. She cursed internally.

"You could easily lose your way if we play hide and seek inside the house. Even after a whole day, you still wouldn't be able to find me."

Meira laughed and that was enough for Eeva to calm down a bit. Meira had always been sensitive and thoughtful. And if someone was hurting for her actions, Meira could never forgive herself and suffer alone.

"Don't get lost, little sister."

Eeva beamed.

When she looked up, her husband had already stepped into the garden through the back entrance and was advancing towards her.

"I have to go."

"But..."

Eeva cut off the call and put the phone into her pocket.

"Who were you talking to?" Her husband narrowed his eyes at her.

"My sister." Eeva gulped. She didn't dare to look away to make him sceptical of her statement but every nerve of her body commanded her to do so.

Her husband relaxed but didn't look satisfied with her answer.

"I hope you're saying the truth for your own sake. I don't mind to dirty my hands and wash it with your lover's blood."

Eeva was lost for words and that somehow made his doubts clear how wrong he was. Her husband let out a dry chuckle "I want you to focus on your new family. Your new husband."

Eeva averted her gaze to focus on anything than the reality staring back at her with tease flitted across his lips.

"Don't you ever look away from your husband." He cupped her jaw and jerked up her head at him. His other hand was roaming over her body, splaying his fingers over her breasts and gave it a firm tug.

Eeva froze.

Her husband palmed her breasts as he spoke, "You've got nice perky breasts but small."

Eeva wiggled to get free from his clutch but her husband tightened his hold, "I'm your husband. I have every right to enjoy my wife and use your body as I see fit. Don't shy away from my affection."

"Come, now. Dinner was served. My sons are waiting for us to join them. We will both have time for ourselves later. It will officially be our first night together."

As they entered the dining hall, eyes turned around.

Chernoa regarded their presence with a brief nod and then, when back to typing something in his cell.

Whereas Sloane refused to be deflected from his serving placed before him on the table. But from his body language, he was failing miserably. His eyes narrowed down at the food with a scowl on his face. And his knuckles turned white from gripping the fork tightly in his grip. 

Eeva didn't know what she did to deserve so much of his hatred. Actually, she knew but nothing she could do.

Her husband took the seat at the head of the table, that left her with either to sit at the right of Chernoa or left of Sloane.

Damn easy.

Eeva would prefer Chernoa's dismissal than Sloane's detest any day but still, somehow she ended up on Sloane's side.

"Move," The command jolted her out of her trance and her steps revived, it took her a minute to understand the order wasn't directed at her.

"Sloane, move. From now on, my wife will sit beside me."

Sloane abruptly stood up with such a force, the chair scraped off the floor and toppled on the ground.

Eeva gasped and took a step back.

"Do you want a beating, boy? Don't make me ask you twice for something."

Chernoa gave his brother a stern look, it didn't make him pull off his attitude but it surely made Sloane shut up and did what was told.

As soon as they were all seated, the room fell silent and everybody engaged in drinking and spooning their meals.

"Did my son give you a tour of the house?"

Eeva didn't expect such question out of anywhere. She looked aside and noticed Sloane was already staring at her hard with a flicker of wildness in his eyes. Threatening her to spill her guts or he didn't give a damn whatever she said. But Eeva didn't want to push her luck and see what he was up to.

"Yes, it's a lovely house."

Her husband let out a resounding laugh, almost sounding like the clattering of cutlery as if her words were hard to believe. Or, maybe he didn't believe the part where Sloane was involved.

Eeva didn't say a word to confirm his doubts. Soon, her husband and his eldest son, Chernoa, fell into a conversation.

"He's got enough warnings for the past few weeks."

"I think a visit is due. Don't send Emanuel this time."

"I will see to it by myself..."

"I can take care of the issue," Sloane suggested, cutting off in the middle of their conversations. They both looked up and their gazes fixed on him. Chernoa glanced at his father for making a decision.

"You don't have what it requires boy? What do you think a man over fifty pounds of your weight would fear your puerile threats and beg his life on his knees." Her husband let out a harsh chuckle "He would laugh at your face, boy."

Sloane thumped his fists on the table, the silverware clattered and the table shook in protest.

"Tone down your temper."

"I'm done. I'm not hungry anymore." Sloane strode out of the room, he didn't bother to listen to whatever his father had to say anymore. And his father didn't even tried to stop him but Chernoa called after his brother but he had already left.

"One of these days I have to teach him to behave and show me respect. He is getting out of my hands."

"Sloane is still in his youth. Give him some time, father. He will come around."

"Your brother had enough time to grow and learn. Now, he is just pissing me off."

"He is just upset. He misses mom and.." Chernoa glanced at me and immediately, looked away  "things have been different..."

"You have accepted my decision. So why can't your brother?"

Eeva noticed how Chernoa didn't argue nor confirm his father's conclusion. He deliberately chose to shut his mouth and clench his jaw. If their father could look closer, he would discern all the signs of their protests. Chernoa just knew how to sneak his emotions behind his cold mask well and go along with it.

Eeva felt like a stranger prying on their conversations, which was definitely not meant for her to listen. A family matter. And she wasn't sure how she would belong to such family where no one wanted her nor she would want to be a part of.

Ipagpatuloy ang Pagbabasa

Magugustuhan mo rin

3.7M 292K 96
RANKED #1 CUTE #1 COMEDY-ROMANCE #2 YOUNG ADULT #2 BOLLYWOOD #2 LOVE AT FIRST SIGHT #3 PASSION #7 COMEDY-DRAMA #9 LOVE P.S - Do let me know if you...
2.8M 159K 50
"You all must have heard that a ray of light is definitely visible in the darkness which takes us towards light. But what if instead of light the dev...
588K 49K 23
Indian Chronicles Book III My Husband, My Tyrant. When Peace Becomes Suffocation. Jahnvi Khanna has everything in her life, a supporting family, a hi...
4.1M 170K 63
The story of Abeer Singh Rathore and Chandni Sharma continue.............. when Destiny bond two strangers in holy bond accidentally ❣️ Cover credit...